Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 7 eggs a day

Anchoris is on a distinguished road. (+10)

7 eggs a day

Is it a good idea to eat 7 scrambled eggs a day to gain weight? I'm trying to eat more cause I usually barely eat and 7 eggs was the only thing that filled me up and that's what I've been eating is eggs cause I know how to make them

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Anchoris View Post
    Is it a good idea to eat 7 scrambled eggs a day to gain weight? I'm trying to eat more cause I usually barely eat and 7 eggs was the only thing that filled me up and that's what I've been eating is eggs cause I know how to make them
    If eggs fill you up, why eat them to gain weight?

For gaining, peanut butter is good as it's high in calories. Or red meat with lots of fat.

If you really struggle with eating and getting into a surplus, eat "dirty" in my opinion. Chocolate, ice cream, junk food etc. You don't want to be fighting an uphill battle.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think red meat is the ideal food for this situation, personally, but also have never had the problem of struggling to eat enough volitionally.
    Bench: 340
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    I think red meat is the ideal food for this situation, personally, but also have never had the problem of struggling to eat enough volitionally.
    You know what I like about you, dude?
    I often find out about new English words thanks to you
    volitionally = done of one's own will or choosing; deliberately decided or chosen

The rest of you... hmmm... not so much....not disappointed, you're good people, just telling it as it is.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    volitionally = done of one's own will or choosing; deliberately decided or chosen

The rest of you... hmmm... not so much....not disappointed, you're good people, just telling it as it is.
    Cool, glad my banter isn't exclusively annoying lol. I'm in the company of doctors, PhDs and career professionals here, of which I am none, however.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What about me?

1. The Black-Scholes option pricing model.
    2. Boyles gas law.
    3. Dog lifts.
    4. Vince Gironda hormone precursor shake.
    5. Lipid extraction from ground beef.
    6. Eye candy in polls.
    7. Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
    Furnished rental houses in Coffeyvile Kansas for traveling worker. All bils paid. Ful kitchens. Washer and dryer. Weekly rates. Crud oil refinery, fertilizer plant, renewable fuel and soybean plant contractors. Welders, fiters, boilermakers, electricians and inspectors.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Eggs are great!

When I was a skinny kid trying to bulk, I tried to eat six meals a day.

I tried to eat 2x breakfast (egg based meals)

2x lunch (sandwiches, burgers, pizza, whatever they had on the school menu plus some pb and jelly sandwiches and milk)

2 x dinner, sometimes that meant Moms dinner plus seconds and later ice cream or yogurt or nuts before bed.

I tried to drink milk any time I ate as well.

Bulking was hard because my metabolism was so fast…lifting , running, biking, skate boards, rollerblades, street hockey, basketball, football, tennis….all that stuff….

Over time , I learned to replace pb a jelly with chicken breasts or tuna…

Even now, I eat 5-6 times a day but it’s all pretty clean healthy high quality protein and carbs and much lower fat now…
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post

For gaining, peanut butter is good as it's high in calories. Or red meat with lots of fat.

If you really struggle with eating and getting into a surplus, eat "dirty" in my opinion. Chocolate, ice cream, junk food etc. You don't want to be fighting an uphill battle.
    Man I stopped eating Junk food and stuff seems I went the wrong way, yeah I gotta start eating more peanut butter
    Thanks

Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post
    Eggs are great!

When I was a skinny kid trying to bulk, I tried to eat six meals a day.

I tried to eat 2x breakfast (egg based meals)

2x lunch (sandwiches, burgers, pizza, whatever they had on the school menu plus some pb and jelly sandwiches and milk)

2 x dinner, sometimes that meant Moms dinner plus seconds and later ice cream or yogurt or nuts before bed.

I tried to drink milk any time I ate as well.

Bulking was hard because my metabolism was so fast…lifting , running, biking, skate boards, rollerblades, street hockey, basketball, football, tennis….all that stuff….

Over time , I learned to replace pb a jelly with chicken breasts or tuna…

Even now, I eat 5-6 times a day but it’s all pretty clean healthy high quality protein and carbs and much lower fat now…
    Yeah my metabolism is fast plus all the stuff I do, I've been trying to force myself to eat more but having more meals a day is a good idea I'll try it thanks!

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah my metabolism is fast plus all the stuff I do, I've been trying to force myself to eat more but having more meals a day is a good idea I'll try it thanks!

This will be you in a few years pal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=howvtCFozs8
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post

This. For purposes of gaining weight, pb is a better option. It's more calorically dense and likely a better option from a health standpoint too, plus it tastes far better IMO

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I would go with 6 eggs a day along with a few pieces of bacon. 12 is divisable by 6 evenly. If you remove 7 eggs from a package, you are left with 5. That means you have to buy eggs on back to back days. If you go with 6, you are just buying eggs every other day.

Source: I majored number crunching, accounting and logistics in college. I majored in advanced number crunching in grad school.
    Furnished rental houses in Coffeyvile Kansas for traveling worker. All bils paid. Ful kitchens. Washer and dryer. Weekly rates. Crud oil refinery, fertilizer plant, renewable fuel and soybean plant contractors. Welders, fiters, boilermakers, electricians and inspectors.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

There was a guy I ised to work with. He was basically worthless, but he would dazzle the ignorant with fancy words he learned from some “word of the day” app. Eventually management saw through his scam and fired him as he didn’t actually know how to do his job. But he continued his ruse for several years.

Not saying Eli does this, but i am just no longer impressed by needlessly complex words when colloquial english works just as well. And as a polyglot, i realize the point of language is communication.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    i am just no longer impressed by needlessly complex words when colloquial english works just as well. .
    I endeavor to persevere.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I endeavor to persevere.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That’s a lot of eggs… you should get your lipids checked before consuming that many to make sure your LDL isn’t elevated to a problematic level
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    That’s a lot of eggs… you should get your lipids checked before consuming that many to make sure your LDL isn’t elevated to a problematic level
    I was also thinking this. Eating that many eggs would be one of the worst things you cold possibly do diet-wise if you have familial hypercholesterolemia. All the more reason to go for PB

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    I was also thinking this. Eating that many eggs would be one of the worst things you cold possibly do diet-wise if you have familial hypercholesterolemia. All the more reason to go for PB
    Especially for bulking… That many eggs would totally crash my appetite
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Agreed with getting your cholesterol checked if you go this route, ideally before and 1 month after starting to eat this many eggs.

If you just need more calories, rice is cheap and not very filling.

I find the language stuff interesting. As a physician I am "expected" to use medical terminology with colleagues but then use very simple language with patients, which has never made much sense to me. It would make more sense to me to use simple language with everyone to become more proficient at doing so.
    My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

Especially for bulking… That many eggs would totally crash my appetite
    No kidding! I can really only have one yolk at a time (egg-whites crew) cuz the fattiness doesn't agree with me too well, and I just find them insanely filling. That's not even to mention the GAS. Good Lawd I hope OP lived alone when he tried that experiment...

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    I find the language stuff interesting. As a physician I am "expected" to use medical terminology with colleagues but then use very simple language with patients, which has never made much sense to me. It would make more sense to me to use simple language with everyone to become more proficient at doing so.
    FWIW, I studied writing very extensively while I was in college. This included both artistic and science/medicine related topics. I think I went from a good writer to great one when I realized simplicity is king. I mean, I do have a rather prodigious lexicon. I impressed a high school teacher or two with my flowery essays, and I even got a perfect score on my SATs. With time, however, I realized just what desslok said...language is about communication. My gf has come to a similar conclusion working as a nurse. It's one thing to remember all the medical jargon they quiz you on in school, but it's another (far more challenging) thing to be able to understand it enough to condense it all into a language that common-folk can understand. This is another reason I commend you on your site...I still think it should be stickied

Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    FWIW, I studied writing very extensively while I was in college. This included both artistic and science/medicine related topics. I think I went from a good writer to great one when I realized simplicity is king. I mean, I do have a rather prodigious lexicon. I impressed a high school teacher or two with my flowery essays, and I even got a perfect score on my SATs. With time, however, I realized just what desslok said...language is about communication. My gf has come to a similar conclusion working as a nurse. It's one thing to remember all the medical jargon they quiz you on in school, but it's another (far more challenging) thing to be able to understand it enough to condense it all into a language that common-folk can understand. This is another reason I commend you on your site...I still think it should be stickied
    I remember my last english class for my English minor in college, the teacher was a mean, evil lady. The class started with people standing up in back hoping to get on the waitlist, after midterms, half the people dropped out. At the end there was probably 12 of us left, and this mean old teacher that literally pointed out every.single.mistake of everything we wrote says, “congratulations, you can now write in the top 1/10th of a percent of anyone in the English speaking world”. That was the first nice thing she said the whole semester so I remember it well. But, i work in technology now and have to explain IT to people whom I have to assume can barely speak at the 7th grade level, similar to how newspapers are written.

There is to my mind a clear, meaningful difference between a mere superfluous use of pedantic verbosity to signal some kind of elitism, on the one hand, and an actual fine edge of meaning achievable only with some discernment in choice of words, sometimes demanding the use of a higher vocabulary in the latter case.

There is also a social pressure not to identify with intellectual pursuits and interests not deemed in vogue, at the same time that there is also a basic meaning to most sentences perfectly conveyable within the purview of regular, daily speech. So, I think there's kind of a balance, which ought not necessitate a deliberate "dumbing down" even when intentionally choosing fancy words to clutter the same meaning with inefficient vehicles of the same sentiment only conveys the desire to appear better, and is in that regard disingenuous to a skilled use of language on its own terms.

I remember my last english class for my English minor in college,
    I remember 2 of my professors in business school. Any typo on a paper was a 1 grade deduction on the paper. I follow the same principle.

Conclusion: I'm surrounded by idiots. Those idiots teach elementary school.

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    I just thought of a possible scenario where all your colleagues are seated around a table talking in a very serious tone about a patient with severe flatulence likely due to the frequency with which certain food items are habitually consumed

Heisman walks in and goes "LMAO this vegan dude just farted!"
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    There is to my mind a clear, meaningful difference between a mere superfluous use of pedantic verbosity to signal some kind of elitism, on the one hand, and an actual fine edge of meaning achievable only with some discernment in choice of words, sometimes demanding the use of a higher vocabulary in the latter case.
    Im genuinely curious if you speak to people like this IRL ;o)

Im genuinely curious if you speak to people like this IRL ;o)
    Only to the little people

Your pithy, sarcastic retort exemplifies the precise verbal dilemma to which I subsequently alluded. Paradoxically, such vapid sentiments targeting those humans of vertical impairment serve only to reinforce the archetype of digitally-induced cognitive dissonance incessantly dominating the moral landscape of our ever-evolving and, dissociative, modern zeitgeist.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I resent that.

Oh. You mean the uncouth rabble, don't you?

I resent that!
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16