AbdulazizSab has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can I achieve my goal of getting to 12-13% bf by Feb/March 2021?

Hey guys
    Hope you all are doing alright. I have a question and I need your advice. I’m a 25 year old male who weighs currently 178 lbs with a 23% bf (41 lbs of body fat) and is 5’10 feet tall. I started cutting back in September 8th. I was around 181 lbs with 30% bf (54ish lbs of body fat). So I haven’t lost much pounds but lost plenty of inches and gained some of the muscle i lost during quarantine. I’m pretty happy with my swift progress. My question is I wanna get to 12-13% bf by late February early March (5 to 6 months of dieting) and then lean bulk from there. Judging by my progress so far, do you think it’s doable or it might take me longer to get there? And if you think it would take me longer than feb 8th, should I take a diet break and eat at maintenance for a while then go back to achieving my goal?
    I am aware that I will look very lean at 12-13% bf but I would much prefer to bulk from there.
    I should mention that I’m pretty strict with my diet. I eat below maintenance by about 20% (2080 Cals). I haven’t really bumped my calories down since starting this diet because my weight hasn’t changed. I figured I would lower my cals as I lose actual lbs but I’ve not lost any so far.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by AbdulazizSab; 10-19-2020 at 06:19 PM.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I find it very hard to believe that you went from 30% BF to 23% BF without losing a single pound. If you haven't lost any weight than you can be sure that you ARE NOT in a calorie deficit. A consistent weight just means you're eating at your calorie maintenance level.

You might want to post a current shirtless photo, in good lighting.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    I find it very hard to believe that you went from 30% BF to 23% BF without losing a single pound. If you haven't lost any weight than you can be sure that you ARE NOT in a calorie deficit. A consistent weight just means you're eating at your calorie maintenance level.

Probably basing that either on some kind of BIA measurement or assumptions in the mirror...
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post

I actually lost 3.3 lbs I keep forgetting cuz it’s not that much. I gained the muscle I lost when I wasn’t working out for most of this year quarantining. So I guess that’s the reason the scale hasn’t really changed much since starting. My clothes fit much better and I’ve lost around 3 inches in waistline.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Probably basing that either on some kind of BIA measurement or assumptions in the mirror...
    I’m basing this on the inbody scale at my local gym. I know they’re not the most accurate but they provide me with a baseline for progress. And I’ve seen plenty of those “measure my body fat” threads and I relate the most to 21-23 bf.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AbdulazizSab View Post
    I should mention that I’m pretty strict with my diet. I eat below maintenance by about 20% (2080 Cals). I haven’t really bumped my calories down since starting this diet because my weight hasn’t changed. I figured I would lower my cals as I lose actual lbs but I’ve not lost any so far.
    Hoo boy...
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I’m basing this on the inbody scale at my local gym. I know they’re not the most accurate but they provide me with a baseline for progress. And I’ve seen plenty of those “measure my body fat” threads and I relate the most to 21-23 bf.
    Okay... If you say so.

Understand though that since "Inbody" measurements are wildly inaccurate, and there have been plenty of people here over the years that insist that they look like "XX% BF" when in reality they look like they are more like 5-10% over that estimate, a statement like the one that you just made will be a bit of a tough sell to most of the people here.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    Okay... If you say so.

Understand though that since "Inbody" measurements are wildly inaccurate, and there have been plenty of people here over the years that insist that they look like "XX% BF" when in reality they look like they are more like 5-10% over that estimate, a statement like the one that you just made will be a bit of a tough sell to most of the people here.

I’ll take new pics tomorrow and post them then y’all can estimate. Also no one is answering my actual question

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I’ll take new pics tomorrow and post them then y’all can estimate. Also no one is answering my actual question
    Yes, but you will likely have to start eating in a deficit rather than at maintenance.

Once you post some pics tomorrow we can probably give you better feedback

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    your question is unanswerable. However one thing is guaranteed and that is you need to cut way back on your calories.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by cmacken View Post
    Yes, but you will likely have to start eating in a deficit rather than at maintenance.

Once you post some pics tomorrow we can probably give you better feedback

I am eating in a deficit though. I workout 6 days a week and I used calorie calculators from multiple website.
    My tdee: 2650
    My bmr: 1830
    I’m losing fat while clean eating at 2080 cals a day. And I understand that BIA measurements aren’t 100% accurate but I have experienced obvious fat loss indicators. losing 3 inches in waistline, clothes fitting looser and face looks more defined.

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    your question is unanswerable. However one thing is guaranteed and that is you need to cut way back on your calories.
    But according to multiple online calorie calculators eating 2080 cals a day for my height, weight and activity level would make me lose weight. The reason I’m not losing pounds on the scale is maybe because I’m gaining lost muscle back (muscle memory). My lifts are progressively increasing each week. Maybe once I gain back all the muscle I lost during quarantine the scale will finally go down. I’m pretty sure I’m going through a body recomp because the scale is stable but I’m losing inches in measurements. At least I hope that’s the case.

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am eating in a deficit though. I workout 6 days a week and I used calorie calculators from multiple website.
    My bmr: 1830
    I’m losing fat while clean eating at 2080 cals a day. And I understand that BIA measurements aren’t 100% accurate but I have experienced obvious fat loss indicators. losing 3 inches in waistline, clothes fitting looser and face looks more defined.
    those calculators aren’t supposed to be the final say on what your TDEE is. They’re a starting point. Between them being off and your calorie counting being off, which I guarantee it is, you can’t be sure where you’re really at. If you actually were in a 600 cal deficit every day you would have lost a lot more weight.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

But according to multiple online calorie calculators eating 2080 cals a day for my height, weight and activity level would make me lose weight. The reason I’m not losing pounds on the scale is maybe because I’m gaining lost muscle back (muscle memory). My lifts are progressively increasing each week. Maybe once I gain back all the muscle I lost during quarantine the scale will finally go down. I’m pretty sure I’m going through a body recomp because the scale is stable but I’m losing inches in measurements. At least I hope that’s the case.
    the scale will go down when you lower your weekly calories

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your TDEE is the calorie level at which you don't lose or gain weight.

I eat below maintenance by about 20% (2080 Cals). I haven’t really bumped my calories down since starting this diet because my weight hasn’t changed.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    Okay... If you say so.

inbody scales have put me at 7% bf before and trust me never in my life will that happen or would I want it to
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP mentioned he lost 3 inches on his waist, so that is something to consider, but ultimately pics will give the best answers.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Maybe we should give the OP a bit of a break here, sounds like he went through a pretty rapid regain phase and therefore his bodyfat could have dropped without him losing a huge amount of actual bodyweight

Having said that I very much doubt he dropped the 7% reported without restricting his calories and only losing 3lb. Ignore ALL bodyfat scales OP, as in don't even use them as a baseline. They are that inaccurate and worthless as a measuring tool

OP if you are not losing weight at your current calorie level you need to drop your calorie level (it is likely you are miscalculating your 2000ish calories). If you want to reach 12-13% by Feb/March then get into a deficit and see how you go. You should be able to make very significant progress between now and then. Whether you reach your goal is dependent on how consistent you are and depends on your real current bodyfat but it could be possible
    Somehow still managing to avoid getting 'too big'

Non-CEO, 0.1235K per day

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Maybe we should give the OP a bit of a break here, sounds like he went through a pretty rapid regain phase and therefore his bodyfat could have dropped without him losing a huge amount of actual bodyweight

Having said that I very much doubt he dropped the 7% reported without restricting his calories and only losing 3lb. Ignore ALL bodyfat scales OP, as in don't even use them as a baseline. They are that inaccurate and worthless as a measuring tool

OP if you are not losing weight at your current calorie level you need to drop your calorie level (it is likely you are miscalculating your 2000ish calories). If you want to reach 12-13% by Feb/March then get into a deficit and see how you go. You should be able to make very significant progress between now and then. Whether you reach your goal is dependent on how consistent you are and depends on your real current bodyfat but it could be possible
    agreed, read the above OP ^^^^

going from 30% to 23% in a month while losing 3 pounds doesn't sound very realistic

using these weird scales for bf% measurement is a red flag imo, not to mention OP's calculator-based TDEE and "clean eating"

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You probably have recomped OP (gained muscle and lost fat).

You also probably are not counting calories accurately if you believe your are consuming 2k and not losing weight. It would help us to know what timescale you didn't lose weight over.

However, in practical terms, the advice is going to be to tighten up on counting and if necessary reduce calories further.

As mentioned the inbody results are likely to mislead you but let's say for the sake of argument that 23% is accurate... to get to 12%, you would need to reach 155lbs and that would take around 6 months.

No pic = no accurate response possible

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB