Closed Thread
Page 197 of 333 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 297 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,910 of 9990
    vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    this ^

btw, i have one question, does anyone see the difference between a fasted and feeded workout?
    i have always trained fasted, but now i think i will have to do 1 pre workout meal, some tips or something like that ?
    *Hollywood's rabid cage crew*

Bulking log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145653801

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vitornoob View Post
    this ^

btw, i have one question, does anyone see the difference between a fasted and feeded workout?
    i have always trained fasted, but now i think i will have to do 1 pre workout meal, some tips or something like that ?
    Depends what I'm doing...I am not a huge fan of fasted training, but I may be including it somewhat in the next few months. Interval training is definitely better if I eat beforehand. I generally train better with weights if I have at least a small meal in before training.

If you do eat something, make it protein, some fruit/veggies, and a little fat. Doesn't have to be anything large.
    ^_^

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Last edited by vitornoob; 08-08-2011 at 01:19 AM.

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why don't you just try it and see if it works for you?
    ^_^

yeah, i guess i will have to try and see my energy after the class, but was just curious about the studies provided by MB!

schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    5 days of proper IF and im feeling tighter already...srs. arms/tris feeling tighter as well as stomach area feeling leaner. maybe its the water, but i guess I could have also lost close to a lb of fat technically already. Only had green tea today and still feeling super productive and awesome at work.
    Snatch: 122
    CJ: 142

Log: http://adamkosna.blogspot.com/

SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah, i guess i will have to try and see my energy after the class, but was just curious about the studies provided by MB!
    I would guess its hugely about personal preference, I tried training fasted once on IF and it doesnt really work for me as I cant get down 1.5lbs of potatoes and 1.2lbs of meat + a bunch of other **** in my first meal of the day, so the one pre workout meal schedule is far superior in my case.

My energy levels were very similar, maybe slightly more energy fasted but cant really vouch for that as I only tried it once. weights went up just as much on that workout as on fed workouts.

makin all kinds o' gains mh1985's Avatar
    mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    this ^

I can't tell the difference. Done workouts with just BCAA and workouts with about 50g protein, 50g carbs and 15g fat 2 hours beforehand. I do use quite low reps (5-7) and volume so that may be why.
    531 Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139525433&page=1

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

qazross has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi,

My feeding window is 1PM - 9PM
    Fasting window is 9PM - 1PM the next day
    I workout 11am - 12pm

So that means I'm training on an empty stomach, I read somewhere on leangains that training on a completely empty stomach/fasted state is detrimental to muscle gaining, is this true?

Will this effect me in any way? or am I fine training on a completely empty stomach?

I've got some BCAA but I can't take it with just water as it's digusting and I can't keep it down so I have to mix it with orange squash or ribena, but if I take this before workout will this break my fast?

yes...take with water, but bcaa are not necessary....your body will not enter in a catabolism, you will eat after the workout, so....no problem

davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hi

ive asked this on the workout forum, but didnt really get much response, so im hoping some of you may be able to suggest something to help.

i work 4 on 4 off 5 on 3 off around an 8 day turnaround. ive just bought a bench and squat rack for home, and have no access to weights at work (will be staying away at work at nights)

ive already been advised my best bet is along the lines of.........

work -
    day 1 rest
    day 2 bodyweight routine (been doing 'turbulence training' bodyweight circuits)
    day 3 rest
    day 4 bodyweight routine
    day 5 rest

home -
    day 6 weights routine A (hack/front squats/military press/romanian deadlifts/chinups)
    day 7 rest
    day 8 weights routine B (deadlift/weighted pushups or one arm pushups/lever pushups/lunges, weighted/BOR

looks good to me and was given to me when i had only weights, no bench etc. question is, now ive got my bench/squat rack (and chin up bar to come shortly), what exercises/split would you advise? i previously did a 3 day split, back/bi (deads/pull ups/BOR/chins/hammer curl/bb curl), chest/tri (bench, DB incline press/CGBP/dips), legs/shoulders (squats/hamstring curl/quads curl/arnie press/lat raise) but now id need to squeeze those into 2 days, or...........instead of only hitting a muscle group once in 8 days, do full body workouts twice as above (but different exercises now?).

ive been looking at 'starting strength' and 'stronglifts' and quite like the sound of them, (squats every session :-) but ive no chance while i have 4 or 5 days with no weights access.

any routine advice you can throw my way is gratefully received.

thanks

volara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    I have never seen an Xtend jug that lists calories on it because they cannot. The FDA does not approve Xtend to be labeled as calories because its a BCAA Product which they do not count. Since it is so "Minor" compared to the FDA they do not label it on their products (nor any other BCAA/EAA products like Purple Wraath). You can count if you want to, but as long as you are CONSISTENT with your BCAA dosage it wont matter if you count or do not count. 2 scoops of Xtend (Old Version black labels or 1 scoop new version red labels) add up to 7g of BCAA's so that would be 7g of protein = 28 calories.
    Well, they do.

Originally Posted by jross2021 View Post
    real life? I'm looking at my xtend right now and it says nothing about calories..
    Real life.

100_5467.jpg

So, the question still applies, what gives?

Is it 28 or 5 and why?

Thanks for chiming in.

HUNTER1313 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am curious if anyone that follows LeanGains works a labour intensive job? If so, how do you fare and do you make any alterations to the princibles? I work in a cement production plant/brick and landscape supply company. I probably lift more during the day than I do for my workout. Some days the hunger isn't too bad, but some days it's crazy. Should I just concentrate on getting more during my "meal" times?

What is everyones thoughts on the protein pulse feedings alot of people seems to be talking about in regards to Intermittant fasting? seems like alot of micro managing to me? but might be suitable in my situation. I don't know.

dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by HUNTER1313 View Post
    I am curious if anyone that follows LeanGains works a labour intensive job? If so, how do you fare and do you make any alterations to the princibles? I work in a cement production plant/brick and landscape supply company. I probably lift more during the day than I do for my workout. Some days the hunger isn't too bad, but some days it's crazy. Should I just concentrate on getting more during my "meal" times?

What is everyones thoughts on the protein pulse feedings alot of people seems to be talking about in regards to Intermittant fasting? seems like alot of micro managing to me? but might be suitable in my situation. I don't know.
    You probably are a LOT more active than you otherwise think (in terms of your macros requirements)... I would up the calories a few hundred at night and see how you do the next day or maybe look at a Warrior Diet type thing where you can have some berries or stuff during the day (less than 500 cals) and then load at night
    Listen now to the wind Babe
    Listen now to the rain
    I feel that water
    Lickin' at my feet again

djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djcyph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    does sugar intake matter? *on WO days im getting about 40grams of dextrose...20g b4 WO and 20g after......and about 20g of reg sugar (i think) from cereal, milk and misc traces in food....that ok?*

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by volara View Post

Is it 28 or 5 and why?

Thanks for chiming in.
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    2 scoops of Xtend (Old Version black labels or 1 scoop new version red labels) add up to 7g of BCAA's so that would be 7g of protein = 28 calories.
    1g of BCAA = 1g of Protein thats why. Search the forms "Calories in BCAA's" you will find threads stating the same information over and over again.

Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    While free-form amino are not allowed to be counted towards protein from the FDA, they could be listed with an appropriate caloric value (4 kcal/g) under certain circumstances if the manufacturer chooses to do so.

JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JKN77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yesterday = first day back at IF... last night = best sleep ever!!
    you want science and studies? f**k you. Ive got scars and blood and vomit.

IF/IIFYM log to 5%
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150675143&p=1000750253#post1000750253

πολυμαθής ก้้้้้้้้้้้ ThundaHorz's Avatar
    ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThundaHorz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wrote up a little blurb about my IF expereince in my WO Journal. Feel free to comment away!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post731462983
    fui quod es, eris quod sum

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by djcyph View Post
    does sugar intake matter? *on WO days im getting about 40grams of dextrose...20g b4 WO and 20g after......and about 20g of reg sugar (i think) from cereal, milk and misc traces in food....that ok?*
    It doesn't really matter if your carbs are sourced from sugar or starch. The only issue is that sugary foods have very poor satiety when you are on a low calorie phase - I avoid them then but on higher calorie days, they can certainly have a place.

Martin recommends getting the bulk from starchy sources because in theory, a large volume of fructose can overload your liver and be stored directly as fat. This is probably only a problem if you drink bottles and bottles of soda though.

Dextrose just seems a waste of calories when you can get them from a more tasty and/or nutritious whole food souce. Speed of carb digestion is not an issue for real world situations

SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmashWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey People. I've been experiencing some trouble sleeping since getting on IF, first to fall asleep and then waking up several times a night, sometimes being able to go back to sleep, sometimes not. I have more energy then ever and it might just be the fact that I used to sleep too much and I need to limit the hours of sleep per night to match my added energy levels so that I actually get to go to bed tired. I'm on a cut and im using the RPT program martin is recommending, low volume and each body part just once a week, my strength is going up so it shouldn't be due to overtraining?

afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys just a quick question, started IF this week and so far I love it, even though this is only my second day haha. My question is regarding flour tortillas. Last night after chest and bis I made an amazing dinner consisting of pan seared steak, fried up with some rice and eggs, topped with a little cheese and a bunch of hot sauce, stuffed into two flour tortillas. It hit my macros for the meal almost perfectly, have to tweak the fats a bit, but it was delicious and something I could eat regularly. Should I be trying to find a "healthier" version of a tortilla other than the standard flour tortilla? Or is a regular tortilla fine? 2 tortillas were like 140 cals, 26 carbs, a little protein and fat but not much of either, I think maybe 2 or 3 grams each.*

makin all kinds o' gains mh1985's Avatar
    mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mh1985 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by afman916 View Post
    Hey guys just a quick question, started IF this week and so far I love it, even though this is only my second day haha. My question is regarding flour tortillas. Last night after chest and bis I made an amazing dinner consisting of pan seared steak, fried up with some rice and eggs, topped with a little cheese and a bunch of hot sauce, stuffed into two flour tortillas. It hit my macros for the meal almost perfectly, have to tweak the fats a bit, but it was delicious and something I could eat regularly. Should I be trying to find a "healthier" version of a tortilla other than the standard flour tortilla? Or is a regular tortilla fine? 2 tortillas were like 140 cals, 26 carbs, a little protein and fat but not much of either, I think maybe 2 or 3 grams each.*
    No it doesn't matter. By all means if you can find a higher fibre one or something great but as long as you get enough elsewhere it won't make much difference. If anything simpler carbs post workout is preferable.
    531 Workout Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139525433&page=1

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

there is no healthier foods, or clean, or dirty.... please, read:*IIFYM - What does it mean? http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133634471

afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) afman916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys. I understand the IIFYM and the clean vs dirty thing, I guess my line of thinking was how "processed" your standard flour tortilla is. But hell with it, it tasted good, I didn't feel bloated, and it just seemed/felt like a great "recovery" meal so I'll just stick with it and see how it goes. Honestly I think I could eat it 3x a week after each of my workouts haha just need to find a slightly leaner cut of steak.

you must focus in whole foods, but adding some processed foods with moderation there is no problem, if you want to keep control, make the 80/20 rule, 80% ''clean'' and 20% ''dirty''

Sounds good, about my only "dirty" foods so far (even though I'm only a day in, I'm making up a meal plan because having everything planned out is how I stick to a diet best) are the tortillas and some bacon on my salads. I call the bacon "dirty" b/c I'm poor and just go with the cheap bacon at Wally World which is slightly processed before packaging. Other than that I'm all fruits, veggies, meat, natty PB, almonds, cheese, milk, etc...

dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10) dogsbrekky is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SmashWilliams View Post
    Hey People. I've been experiencing some trouble sleeping since getting on IF, first to fall asleep and then waking up several times a night, sometimes being able to go back to sleep, sometimes not. I have more energy then ever and it might just be the fact that I used to sleep too much and I need to limit the hours of sleep per night to match my added energy levels so that I actually get to go to bed tired. I'm on a cut and im using the RPT program martin is recommending, low volume and each body part just once a week, my strength is going up so it shouldn't be due to overtraining?
    I am very hyper and a career insomniac... someone put me onto juicing celery (or eating it but juicing seems to work better)... it is a natural relaxant... I started using it a week ago and I sleep for 6-7 hours a night for the 1st time in 35 years
    Listen now to the wind Babe
    Listen now to the rain
    I feel that water
    Lickin' at my feet again

Hey man thanks a lot for that, that's a great site think I'll take some time on there planning out some meals around those foods. *Measly reps lol!

nothing, just do not spend a lot of time planing, this could help:*http://foodgawker.com/

Closed Thread
Page 197 of 333 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 297 ... LastLast