Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ZioPerez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZioPerez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZioPerez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZioPerez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZioPerez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZioPerez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZioPerez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZioPerez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZioPerez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZioPerez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZioPerez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bheast69 View Post
    So just wanted opinions on bench press I’m now doing two push sessions a week and Day one will be heavy and day two will be lighter and be the second exercise after my dumbbell incline press as I’m pushing for 50kg in each hand which In my mind will be impressive at 17 and I’m very close to it
    Just if you could tell me 5x5 day one
    4x8 day two
    Something like that
    If you also have some tips or exercises that will really aid my bench too e.g ohp/weighted dips e.t.c

My best advice would be to start with inclines, and focus on the upper chest more. This routine works great for me and has been giving me the best shape:

1. Incline Barbell Press
    2. Incline Hammer Strength Press (or Incline Dumbbell press)
    3. Flat Bench
    4. Heavy Dips on the dip machine, Or if you still have the strength at this point regular/weighted dips are fine as well
    5. Flyes (Best for me is doing flat bench flyes like arnold did with a good stretch, followed by cable flyes) But you can pick any Flye as finisher that works best for you, pec deck is fine as well.

Pullovers are great as well, but I did not include them because it is a hard exercise to master and can be quite tricky on the joints.

Having a heavy bench doesnt really give the best chest look perse, most of my friends always start with bench press and focus a lot on getting stronger on the flat bench, however my chest looks way better than theirs, and I dont focus on flat bench, its usually 2nd or 3rd in my routine.

INCLINES are the key to that fully developed, aesthetic chest.

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    My dad got 345 and my older brother got 365, but he went non-natty and I don't plan on doing that.

While I agree that benching in the mid three hundreds and up is into Herculean territory and is going to take considerable dedication as a natural, I think it's also easy to underestimate what is realistically possible. I once spotted a regular looking 40 something year old man bench 315 for a set of 10, and there's another guy at my gym even older than that who puts up four plates, not even overweight and I don't believe he's taking anything, either.
    Exactly, I'm never going to use juice.

My perspective is that I'm 43, and 180 just might be possible over the next several years, but I won't jeapordize my health pursuing it. I don't want to be obese and unhealthy just to bench big. If it comes by the way I normally train/eat/sleep and live, then that would be awesome. But a 180 bench takes a lot of dedication which I might not be able or willing to give, to be realistic.

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Definitely, I've only personally spotted one 180kg, and it was TnG from a bench only dude.
    But Owen Hubbard is lighter than me and benches 220 haha, so I won't accept not getting 180 at some point.
    Especially when I don't mind eating up to 100 to get it.
    Taylor Atwood is lighter and smaller than me, and his 195 bench is my max deadlift.

Last December I weighed 91 and felt disgusting. But if that had been 91 kg of muscle, well then that's a different story altogether.

What's all you guys' opinions on equipment for raw benching? Do wrist wraps help that much?
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    Exactly, I'm never going to use juice.

My perspective is that I'm 43, and 180 just might be possible over the next several years, but I won't jeapordize my health pursuing it. I don't want to be obese and unhealthy just to bench big. If it comes by the way I normally train/eat/sleep and live, then that would be awesome. But a 180 bench takes a lot of dedication which I might not be able or willing to give, to be realistic.

Taylor Atwood is lighter and smaller than me, and his 195 bench is my max deadlift.

Last December I weighed 91 and felt disgusting. But if that had been 91 kg of muscle, well then that's a different story altogether.

What's all you guys' opinions on equipment for raw benching? Do wrist wraps help that much?
    Honestly from your deadlift form check video I thought you were like 25 lol.

If you all want to use straps for the bench on the friendly competition I'm fine with that but won't be using them, myself. I have never used them on the bench and I'm not sure how much good it would do.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Honestly from your deadlift form check video I thought you were like 25 lol.
    Haha! Thanks a lot man. I get that often even in person. I tell ppl I lift, eat, sleep, drink a lot of water, don't smoke or drink alcohol.

Repped
    Edit, On spread
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    Used to use them all the time, but I was regualry participating in a martial art that involved a lot of wrist manipulation and my wrists were permanently ****ed.

These days I'm to lazy, and they don't make much difference. I do grip very internally rotated jp ish style though and that stabilises my wrist pretty well.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee