AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Can one be in ketosis but not losing any fat?

Just curious.. if you are in ketosis is it safe to assume you are losing fat?

what if you ate at maintenance but were in ketosis?

I hope I'm making sense.

ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AnyaBailey View Post

I hope I'm making sense.
    I believe the calorie deficient principle is still present, although their could be exceptions(calorie surpluss on a re-feed when your body reacts and metabolizes) just that in a state of ketosis it is more effective at targeting fat and probably at a greater rate. Just my .02 though

Ketogenic and Bionic. BritishFighter's Avatar
    BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AnyaBailey View Post

I hope I'm making sense.
    Yes and no. If you are in Ketosis, you are essentially burning fat all the time.....but if your calories are too high, you can still gain weight in the form of Adipose fat.

www.undergroundnutritionist.com

AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnyaBailey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks guys

.. exactly what I thought, but figured Id ask

solographik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BritishFighter View Post
    Yes and no. If you are in Ketosis, you are essentially burning fat all the time.....but if your calories are too high, you can still gain weight in the form of Adipose fat.
    So are you saying that if you ate at maintenance/or even a little above, you wouldn't lose fat? (Assuming you kept to the keto ratios.)

Following from that, is it impossible to bulk on a keto diet?

Reason why I'm wondering is because I'm roughly 165lbs but eating 3kcal a day. I'm trying to cut the last few % of bodyfat around my stomach and bulk a bit at the same time. (Roughly 10% right now).

BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by solographik View Post
    So are you saying that if you ate at maintenance/or even a little above, you wouldn't lose fat? (Assuming you kept to the keto ratios.)

Following from that, is it impossible to bulk on a keto diet?

Reason why I'm wondering is because I'm roughly 165lbs but eating 3kcal a day. I'm trying to cut the last few % of bodyfat around my stomach and bulk a bit at the same time. (Roughly 10% right now).
    Maintenance is just that.....for maintaining weight. Realistically though, when you're in deep Ketosis you brain requires a lot of Ketone Bodies to function as efficiently during Ketosis as it does while using glucose.....so your metabolism should naturally be a little higher. Therefore, you should lose weight at maintenance calories, but loss will be slow.

It is entirely possible to bulk during Keto....that's why we have the CKD and TKD variations of the diet......but it seems to be a slow process, and you have to carefully balance your calorie intake with workout intensity.....otherwise you'll put on fat as well as muscle.

solographik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know the difference between the ckd and tkd variations, but could you please elaborate a little more on what you said about watching calories/exercise intensity when bulking on keto.

I work out mwf doing a starting strength/texas method mix so I'm pretty beat after each one.
    Also have rowing practice on saturdays.

Sorry for all the questions it is still my first week

Honeslty, I don't have the science down myself. It's just a balancing act between getting enough calories including protein to allow your muscles to grow, but not too much to where you begin storing some of it as fat.

Most people I guess just bulk, then cut again afterwards to lose fat they gained in the process.

Exclamation

Originally Posted by solographik View Post
    I know the difference between the ckd and tkd variations, but could you please elaborate a little more on what you said about watching calories/exercise intensity when bulking on keto.

I work out mwf doing a starting strength/texas method mix so I'm pretty beat after each one.
    Also have rowing practice on saturdays.

Sorry for all the questions it is still my first week
    Not to be a dick but, I dont really want my thread to turn into another keto for bulking tips.. or how much do I need to eat to bulk etc etc. can we keep a bit closer to topic at hand?

Thanks.