Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mr_b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dennis Wolf's real height? and pro measurement fallacy's?

I've asked this question in another thread but it got lost amongst the rest of the conversation.

Dennis Wolf's height is written down everywhere at 5 foot 11 yet standing in the Olympia line up next to Toney Freeman he appeared to be even slightly taller than Freeman so I was wondering what is his real height and also this calls into question a lot of other pro's actual real measurements from on paper to the actual truth from height to waist sizes etc so what are peoples opinions on them and does anybody know of any actual deviants?

Tony Freeman is reported to be around 6 foot 2 but he appears even bigger so this would make Wolf around 6 foot 3 - 4 inches difference from whats on paper! Can anyone clear this up and add anything from the other pros am sure there are some people out there with interesting info for all to see about them!

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    toney was prolly standing farther back. i doubt freeman is shorter then wolf. wolf said he was 5'11.5 and says he looks much taller then he really is for what ever reason.

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Newbtime View Post
    toney was prolly standing farther back. i doubt freeman is shorter then wolf. wolf said he was 5'11.5 and says he looks much taller then he really is for what ever reason.
    The way his long torso is and the width of his naturally broad shoulders are makes him appear taller, but he is barely taller than me.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

mr_b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mr_b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Newbtime View Post
    No its definitely not cos it was when he was stood directly beside him! Don't get me wrong I don't want this to sound like a dig at Dennis as he's one of my absolute favourite bodybuilders however I just want the facts as it is obviously different!

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mr_b View Post
    No its definitely not cos it was when he was stood directly beside him! Don't get me wrong I don't want this to sound like a dig at Dennis as he's one of my absolute favourite bodybuilders however I just want the facts as it is obviously different!
    well Wolf is DEF DEF DEF, not near 6'1 or 6'2 w/e Tony claims, either tonys claims are wrong im guessing.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

Originally Posted by Frankdaddy View Post
    well Wolf is DEF DEF DEF, not near 6'1 or 6'2 w/e Tony claims, either tonys claims are wrong im guessing.
    i'm not sayin tony claims, i'm saying i've seen them next to each other and Wolf was the same height or slightly taller so wondering if anyone had the exact measurements down!

That'll be great CleanSlateScott. where's the pic?

Registered User CleanSlateScott's Avatar
    CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000)
    Heres pic of me with him. Im 6'1 and i know wolf is kinda bending down so see what you think.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ DIRTY SOUTH CREW ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

JIMMIE RUSTLIN SINCE 2006

CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000) CleanSlateScott is just really nice. (+1000)
    And also my freind that went with me, he is also 6'1

ROLL TIDE ROLL
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE

in the iron jungle KRN-GOOKX891's Avatar
    KRN-GOOKX891 is a name known to all. (+5000) KRN-GOOKX891 is a name known to all. (+5000) KRN-GOOKX891 is a name known to all. (+5000) KRN-GOOKX891 is a name known to all. (+5000) KRN-GOOKX891 is a name known to all. (+5000) KRN-GOOKX891 is a name known to all. (+5000) KRN-GOOKX891 is a name known to all. (+5000) KRN-GOOKX891 is a name known to all. (+5000) KRN-GOOKX891 is a name known to all. (+5000) KRN-GOOKX891 is a name known to all. (+5000) KRN-GOOKX891 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    on a no bull radio episode he was on and said hes exactly 5'11 1/2...he saiys hes a little bit taller than ronnie
    MY JOURNAL : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136917963

maxxxwell is on a distinguished road. (+10) maxxxwell is on a distinguished road. (+10) maxxxwell is on a distinguished road. (+10) maxxxwell is on a distinguished road. (+10) maxxxwell is on a distinguished road. (+10) maxxxwell is on a distinguished road. (+10) maxxxwell is on a distinguished road. (+10) maxxxwell is on a distinguished road. (+10) maxxxwell is on a distinguished road. (+10) maxxxwell is on a distinguished road. (+10) maxxxwell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    From those photos I'd say Wolf is about 6' .5", so WITHOUT shoes, on stage he'd be right about 5' 11.5".

I think Ronnie is 5' 8".

Something else to think about. Wolf has lots of hair and Tony has none, so that could make up for at least an inch.
    other bands play, Manowar Kills!

Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It is with people like you that this sport will never grow. "When you say, everything and anything to be pro, do you mean even to turn HOMO?...

- Serge Nubret

djaziz is on a distinguished road. (+10) djaziz is on a distinguished road. (+10) djaziz is on a distinguished road. (+10) djaziz is on a distinguished road. (+10) djaziz is on a distinguished road. (+10) djaziz is on a distinguished road. (+10) djaziz is on a distinguished road. (+10) djaziz is on a distinguished road. (+10) djaziz is on a distinguished road. (+10) djaziz is on a distinguished road. (+10) djaziz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Freeman sort of sits down into his poses when he flexes his abs, which makes him look shorter than he really is.
    Time to get strong!

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by djaziz View Post
    Freeman sort of sits down into his poses when he flexes his abs, which makes him look shorter than he really is.
    exactly.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs down

This thread is like a cheap pizzeria. It does NOT deliver.

I know what you mean DiamondDelts there are no definite answers on here and a lot of confusion! The first pic with the 6 foot 1 guy he looks shorter but on the second pic with a different 6 foot 1 guy he looks slightly taller!!
    And I know what people are saying that Freeman sits down in his poses but i'm on about when they were just standing next to each other that Wolf was the same as Freeman if not taller so does that make Freeman smaller than he is?

Surprised no one else has commented on the other part of this thread...I was expecting a whole bunch of people talking about pro's actual waist and arm measurements etc

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wolf is indeed about 5'11. It even says it on his official site! I doubt anyone would make themselves shorter than they are. Its just that other BBers are a lot shorter than you think so next to them, Wolf appears 6'2. Based on the O, freeeman is under 6'... you are right about him being shorter than Wolf. 6'3- no way.. theres a reason why no BBers are over 6'0 in the top 20.
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Pro Bob Chick's Avatar
    Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Freeman is all of 6'2

Wolf is about 6'1...it lists him at 5'11 on his website because the last time he had his height checked (which was probabaly in HS) he probably was....

The first pic with the guy who says he's 6'1...the guy is standing 2 ft. closer to the camers and Wolf is bent over...

The second pic is more accurate with both standing about the same....
    Bob Cicherillo - IFBB Pro Bodybuilder
    IFBB Athletes rep

Originally Posted by Buff_Daddy View Post
    Wolf is indeed about 5'11. It even says it on his official site! I doubt anyone would make themselves shorter than they are. Its just that other BBers are a lot shorter than you think so next to them, Wolf appears 6'2. Based on the O, freeeman is under 6'... you are right about him being shorter than Wolf. 6'3- no way.. theres a reason why no BBers are over 6'0 in the top 20.
    That would all be well and good but Freemans official height is 6 foot 2 so it means one of them is a miss!

Originally Posted by Pro Bob Chick View Post
    Freeman is all of 6'2

Wolf is about 6'1...it lists him at 5'11 on his website because the last time he had his height checked (which was probabaly in HS) he probably was....

The first pic with the guy who says he's 6'1...the guy is standing 2 ft. closer to the camers and Wolf is bent over...

Ah just what I was looking for and thanks for that Bob. I knew what is written up was slightly off and thanks for taking the time to post on here!

YoungGunner24s is not very well liked. (-100) YoungGunner24s is not very well liked. (-100) YoungGunner24s is not very well liked. (-100) YoungGunner24s is not very well liked. (-100) YoungGunner24s is not very well liked. (-100) YoungGunner24s is not very well liked. (-100) YoungGunner24s is not very well liked. (-100) YoungGunner24s is not very well liked. (-100) YoungGunner24s is not very well liked. (-100) YoungGunner24s is not very well liked. (-100) YoungGunner24s is not very well liked. (-100)
    Freeman is all of 6'2

Agree. Wolf is no less than 6 feet, and is probably on his way to 6'1.

The 5'11 measurement is good for Wolf to stick to, because it doesn't stigmatize the judges where the average height is 5'9 usually.

This keeps the judges from thinking "Well for a tall guy...."

mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mike8190 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know what they always get weights and heights wrong. WTF? Is there reasoning behind this?

Freeman is all of 6'2

I measure my heigh all of the time, shoes and no shoes, I am 5'10, he barely hit over an inch taller than me. You are wrong about him being 6'1. Sorry Bob, and you were also about the same height as me Bob at the Arnold cause Iwas standing about 5 ft away from you waiting to meet jamie eason lol
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh snap, Bob's been exaggerating his height?
    It is with people like you that this sport will never grow. "When you say, everything and anything to be pro, do you mean even to turn HOMO?...

- Serge Nubret

Speaking of Bob's height......
    ROLL TIDE ROLL
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE

lol uh oh.

- Serge Nubret

Originally Posted by Kiwi_ View Post
    Oh snap, Bob's been exaggerating his height?
    He looks every bit 6 foot to me
    ROLL TIDE ROLL
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE

ANARKY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ANARKY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ANARKY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ANARKY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ANARKY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ANARKY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ANARKY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ANARKY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ANARKY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ANARKY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ANARKY is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bob looks 6 foot to me in that pic, take in consideration your both wearing different shoes which could add or take away a half inch difference.

Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mr_b View Post
    I've asked this question in another thread but it got lost amongst the rest of the conversation.

Dennis Wolf's height is written down everywhere at 5 foot 11 yet standing in the Olympia line up next to Toney Freeman he appeared to be even slightly taller than Freeman so I was wondering what is his real height and also this calls into question a lot of other pro's actual real measurements from on paper to the actual truth from height to waist sizes etc so what are peoples opinions on them and does anybody know of any actual deviants?

Tony Freeman is reported to be around 6 foot 2 but he appears even bigger so this would make Wolf around 6 foot 3 - 4 inches difference from whats on paper! Can anyone clear this up and add anything from the other pros am sure there are some people out there with interesting info for all to see about them!
    Gauging height accurately is very tricky.

http://www.celebheights.com/a/6.html

cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would rarely believe the listed weight of what people say they are. Some you can tell are full of it... And others seem more plausible. The height... I saw a video today of quincy taylor defending claims that he wasn't what he claimed to be (in terms of height).

I think the arm size is the most unreliable measurement listed. As for waists.... why would people even bother...? I can't see many people telling the truth there.

Mind you, some people wont even believe pictures of pro's with a tape around their arm. It begs the question what you can and cannot believe. And more importantly; what exactly is possible?

asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh jeez. Not another thread where we guess a pro's height based on angles of him sitting,leaning,bending,and wearing hats, withouth hats,with shoes,without shoes,and lastly videos.