Thread: Stagnant

Almostpretty is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Stagnant

Looking for some advice

I’ve been lifting for about 2 years (pretty big gap cus covid)

Anyway the issue is I feel like I’ve been spinning my wheels for a decent amount of time, I’ve been getting stronger but not really growing or getting any leaner, I’ve been eating around 2k cal for at least 4 months, and wondering do I just need to bump those up to start progressing again, I feel like I can’t eat any less to get leaner because I’d just lack any real energy. My weight has stayed around 170-180 since I started lifting

Goal would be lean enough to have visible abs but maintain some form of comfort in my diet like not being on starvation calories.

Stats:

Height 5”8
    Weight 178

Lifts if even relevant

Bench 300
    Ohp 185

Been running a mix of icf 5x5
    And just starting the Reddit PPL

Will upload picture on body space because can’t post link

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Do you have any cheat meals?

If you want to build muscle because your already fairly lean, you’d prob have to bulk

2k calories is not gunna build muscle
    Last edited by snailsrus; 07-07-2021 at 10:28 PM.

LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LeadingWise has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Looks like you have put a lot into making this body, my first motive is to lose weight in a healthy way, can you provide any tips?

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post

Do you have any cheat meals?

If you want to build muscle because your already fairly lean, you’d prob have to bulk

2k calories is not gunna build muscle

Urm not really I tend to eat pretty clean, however I do live a pretty sedentary lifestyle apart from going to the gym I don’t move a whole lot.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You look like that after working out for less than 2 years? You're either enhanced or you've been gifted with upper echelon bodybuilding genetics, because that's incredibly impressive.

Either way, you're lean but you're not super lean, probably around 13-14% bodyfat right now. Up to you if you want to lose more and make the abs pop, but it will involve cutting calories further.

Otherwise you're in a good spot to even SLOWLY bulk from here to build even more.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    You look like that after working out for less than 2 years? You're either enhanced or you've been gifted with upper echelon bodybuilding genetics, because that's incredibly impressive.

Either way, you're lean but you're not super lean, probably around 13-14% bodyfat right now. Up to you if you want to lose more and make the abs pop, but it will involve cutting calories further.

Otherwise you're in a good spot to even SLOWLY bulk from here to build even more.
    Haha appreciate it, but I am in fact natty, I think Im just super consistent with working out I mean I’ve not skipped a day since I started, and I also sleep like 10 hours a day so maybe that’s why 😂
    I feel like my body fat is a bit higher tbh because I’ve seen people at the same height as me and they tend to be shredded around 140 lbs.

I think I’m gonna just slowly add some more calories, I’ve had kinda enough of eating soo little for too long.

Thanks for the advice.

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Almostpretty View Post
    Haha appreciate it, but I am in fact natty, I think Im just super consistent with working out I mean I’ve not skipped a day since I started, and I also sleep like 10 hours a day so maybe that’s why ������
    I feel like my body fat is a bit higher tbh because I’ve seen people at the same height as me and they tend to be shredded around 140 lbs.

I think I’m gonna just slowly add some more calories, I’ve had kinda enough of eating soo little for too long.

Thanks for the advice.
    Agree with xsquid (as always). You have some great genetics if natty. I would bulk slowly for a long time before cutting more if I were you.

The reason those guys are shredded at 140 lbs is that they don’t have your genetic potential. Use it well!

Kind of in disbelief though. Those presses would be impressive for someone with 5+ years of lifting experience.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The only way to lean out is to create a weekly calorie deficit by fewer calories, more activity or a combo of the 2. When leaning out it's normal to have less energy however if you aren't willing to lose energy then you'll never lean out. Many people use caffeine or types of legal stimulants to get through it
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    Agree with xsquid (as always). You have some great genetics if natty. I would bulk slowly for a long time before cutting more if I were you.

The reason those guys are shredded at 140 lbs is that they don’t have your genetic potential. Use it well!

Kind of in disbelief though. Those presses would be impressive for someone with 5+ years of lifting experience.
    Yeah I think I'm just gonna add some calories and deal with the fat later on, maybe when I've got a bit more muscle I can cut on higher calories so it will be a bit more bearable.

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    The only way to lean out is to create a weekly calorie deficit by fewer calories, more activity or a combo of the 2. When leaning out it's normal to have less energy however if you aren't willing to lose energy then you'll never lean out. Many people use caffeine or types of legal stimulants to get through it
    Yeah I get that, maybe in the future after I've built some more muscle il try to get a sweet spot where I can eat a bit more and just supplement with additional cardio, I'm not looking too be super lean but you just some abs and a bit more definition.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Almostpretty View Post
    Yeah I think I'm just gonna add some calories and deal with the fat later on, maybe when I've got a bit more muscle I can cut on higher calories so it will be a bit more bearable.
    Adding muscle wont really allow more calories when cutting. Its best to not let the fat get too high as youll be cutting longer.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB