youngbb23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about dream tan #2 instant color!

Hello all,
    I am about 4 weeks out from competition, but want to be fully prepared!

I had never used dream tan, but decided to for my upcoming competition.

I am Asian (light skinned), and wanted to know how do you apply dream tan?

I have read many say that just apply one coat backstage, and read that I should apply one coat the night before, and the day of.

Wouldn't it come off completely if I use a coat the night before?

Please, only answer if you had actually used dream tan before.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Bump

Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dream Tan goes on right before you hit the stage - literally. It doesn't dry, so you can't put it on the night before. Well, you can, but 80% of it will rub off. To apply, you or your trainer pat (slap) it on - slap, slap, slap, slap, slap. Once you have a good bit going, then you start rubbing it in a bit. It has sparkles in it, so you won't need to apply any oil over it. Actually, if you try to apply oil, you'll smear it and make a mess of the whole thing. Remember, Dream Tan comes in Red/Brown and Gold/Brown, so it might be a good idea to order a jar of both and see which one fits your skin tone better. Personally, I get both colors and mix a bit of the gold into the red. It shows up nicely on stage.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.

Originally Posted by youngbb23 View Post
    Hello all,
    I am about 4 weeks out from competition, but want to be fully prepared!

I had never used dream tan, but decided to for my upcoming competition.

I am Asian (light skinned), and wanted to know how do you apply dream tan?

I have read many say that just apply one coat backstage, and read that I should apply one coat the night before, and the day of.

Wouldn't it come off completely if I use a coat the night before?

Please, only answer if you had actually used dream tan before.

Thanks in advance everyone!
    WNBF & IFPA Natural Pro & NC State Record Powerlifter
    *2007 Natural Atlantic Coast Lightweight Champion
    *2008 Natural Atlantic Coast Lightweight Champion - WNBF Pro Card Winner
    *2012 NPC North Carolina Lightweight Champion
    *2013 Natural Mr. North Carolina Overall Champion
    *2015 Natural Pittsburgh Open Short and Submasters Champion
    *2016 Sword of the Titans Lightweight, Masters & Overall Champion - IFPA Pro Card Winner
    *2016 OCB Colonial Open Masters and Overall Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dave5000 View Post
    Dream Tan goes on right before you hit the stage - literally. It doesn't dry, so you can't put it on the night before. Well, you can, but 80% of it will rub off. To apply, you or your trainer pat (slap) it on - slap, slap, slap, slap, slap. Once you have a good bit going, then you start rubbing it in a bit. It has sparkles in it, so you won't need to apply any oil over it. Actually, if you try to apply oil, you'll smear it and make a mess of the whole thing. Remember, Dream Tan comes in Red/Brown and Gold/Brown, so it might be a good idea to order a jar of both and see which one fits your skin tone better. Personally, I get both colors and mix a bit of the gold into the red. It shows up nicely on stage.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thank you very much Dave5000, I really appreciate it!

I actually already ordered 2 bottles of the Red Bronze color already. Thinking that is the favorite for all bodybuilders lol.

And you even answered a question I was looking for, and did not even ask! (whether or not to add oil) Thanks again!

mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    DT #2 "Red Bronze" shows up golden on stage anyway underneath the bright lights. I did one coat the night prior followed by 2-3 coats the day of my competition. Backstage it looks super dark, I had several people call me "Mexican" backstage, but on stage it looks phenomenal. I don't think it is necessary to have a coat applied the night before, like Dave5000 said most of it will rub off. If you do a coat the night before sleep on a large blanket that can be thrown out.
    2015 NANBF Pittsburgh Overall Champion

Originally Posted by mhilliard44 View Post
    DT #2 "Red Bronze" shows up golden on stage anyway underneath the bright lights. I did one coat the night prior followed by 2-3 coats the day of my competition. Backstage it looks super dark, I had several people call me "Mexican" backstage, but on stage it looks phenomenal. I don't think it is necessary to have a coat applied the night before, like Dave5000 said most of it will rub off. If you do a coat the night before sleep on a large blanket that can be thrown out.
    Thank you for the reply! Is there really a point of putting a coat on the night before if majority of it will be removed? I don't think it makes any sense, right? Also, do you think one 2 oz tub will be enough? Being that I am light skinned, do you think one coat won't be enough under the lights, beacause pre judging begins at 9AM and I doubt I will be able to get 2-3 coats in. Thanks in advance!

Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dave5000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    One tub will probably last you through two, maybe three, competitions. You really don't use that much.
    I wouldn't even bother applying a coat the night before. I get a spray tan the day prior to a contest even if I'll be using Dream Tan, but that's because I'm fanatical about my stage color. Just a personal preference. Since it doesn't dry, you really can't apply it in coats. One application before prejudging and one application before finals. It won't completely rub off, but certain areas, especially the backs of your legs, will. For the finals, you won't need as much as you applied in the morning. Again, remember it doesn't dry. If you apply too much, you'll feel uncomfortable onstage, and you won't be able to get a good grip on your wrist for a side chest or side triceps pose. Your thumbs might even slip off your waist while hitting a lat spread, and you'll definitely rub it off everywhere on your body that you touch with your hands. Plus, if you start sweating, the red/bronze makes some very obvious streaks. Use as little as you can while still achieving a good stage color, but remember, you can NEVER be too dark on stage.
    Another hint: Get a package of tissues and tuck them into your trunks while you're applying to prevent the Dream Tan from smearing there too. And don't wear yellow, white or any other light-colored trunks, because YOU WILL get Dream Tan on them, I 100% guarantee it.

Thank you for the reply! Is there really a point of putting a coat on the night before if majority of it will be removed? I don't think it makes any sense, right? Also, do you think one 2 oz tub will be enough? Being that I am light skinned, do you think one coat won't be enough under the lights, beacause pre judging begins at 9AM and I doubt I will be able to get 2-3 coats in. Thanks in advance!
    WNBF & IFPA Natural Pro & NC State Record Powerlifter
    *2007 Natural Atlantic Coast Lightweight Champion
    *2008 Natural Atlantic Coast Lightweight Champion - WNBF Pro Card Winner
    *2012 NPC North Carolina Lightweight Champion
    *2013 Natural Mr. North Carolina Overall Champion
    *2015 Natural Pittsburgh Open Short and Submasters Champion
    *2016 Sword of the Titans Lightweight, Masters & Overall Champion - IFPA Pro Card Winner
    *2016 OCB Colonial Open Masters and Overall Champion

Originally Posted by Dave5000 View Post
    One tub will probably last you through two, maybe three, competitions. You really don't use that much.
    I wouldn't even bother applying a coat the night before. I get a spray tan the day prior to a contest even if I'll be using Dream Tan, but that's because I'm fanatical about my stage color. Just a personal preference. Since it doesn't dry, you really can't apply it in coats. One application before prejudging and one application before finals. It won't completely rub off, but certain areas, especially the backs of your legs, will. For the finals, you won't need as much as you applied in the morning. Again, remember it doesn't dry. If you apply too much, you'll feel uncomfortable onstage, and you won't be able to get a good grip on your wrist for a side chest or side triceps pose. Your thumbs might even slip off your waist while hitting a lat spread, and you'll definitely rub it off everywhere on your body that you touch with your hands. Plus, if you start sweating, the red/bronze makes some very obvious streaks. Use as little as you can while still achieving a good stage color, but remember, you can NEVER be too dark on stage.
    Another hint: Get a package of tissues and tuck them into your trunks while you're applying to prevent the Dream Tan from smearing there too. And don't wear yellow, white or any other light-colored trunks, because YOU WILL get Dream Tan on them, I 100% guarantee it.
    WOW! I really appreciate all the information you provided! It will definitely be beneficial! It is amazing that 1 small can actually last that long lol. I actually have a dark red pair of trunks. Hopefully I dont sweat that much on stage and make it noticeable haha.

RobertKaufman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    WOW! I really appreciate all the information you provided! It will definitely be beneficial! It is amazing that 1 small can actually last that long lol. I actually have a dark red pair of trunks. Hopefully I dont sweat that much on stage and make it noticeable haha.
    What organization are you competing in? If it the NPC, then I believe Dream Tan is banned and you will be disqualified. Just a heads up.

psychoclown99 is not very well liked. (-100) psychoclown99 is not very well liked. (-100) psychoclown99 is not very well liked. (-100) psychoclown99 is not very well liked. (-100) psychoclown99 is not very well liked. (-100) psychoclown99 is not very well liked. (-100) psychoclown99 is not very well liked. (-100) psychoclown99 is not very well liked. (-100) psychoclown99 is not very well liked. (-100) psychoclown99 is not very well liked. (-100) psychoclown99 is not very well liked. (-100)
    As above. The posters have all covered this theme extremely imho.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RobertKaufman View Post
    What organization are you competing in? If it the NPC, then I believe Dream Tan is banned and you will be disqualified. Just a heads up.
    Yeah I read that Dream Tan is banned in the NPC organization. Really appreciate it!

mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nah I wouldn't bother with a coat the night before if I were to do it again. I'm 6'3' and I bought two tubs for safe measure, I used a full 2oz tub and cracked into the second one for light touch ups for the night show. Two coats is good, 3 may be even better depending on the lighting and how much has smeared off during the course of the day. And yes, make sure DT isn't banned with whatever organization and comp your're doing. Some orgs don't like it as it makes quite a mess at any venue...oops
    2015 NANBF Pittsburgh Overall Champion

Originally Posted by mhilliard44 View Post
    Nah I wouldn't bother with a coat the night before if I were to do it again. I'm 6'3' and I bought two tubs for safe measure, I used a full 2oz tub and cracked into the second one for light touch ups for the night show. Two coats is good, 3 may be even better depending on the lighting and how much has smeared off during the course of the day. And yes, make sure DT isn't banned with whatever organization and comp your're doing. Some orgs don't like it as it makes quite a mess at any venue...oops
    Thank you for your reply! Just wondering, how do you put 2-3 coats on show day? Pre judging begins at 10am. I was thinking of putting a coat on an hour before I step on stage.

KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KnowstheSky has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah I read that Dream Tan is banned in the NPC organization. Really appreciate it!
    At NPC comps, depends on the promoter and venue whether DT is permitted. Def check first before committing to DT as your color. I know some judges who also don't like the Dream Tan colors (either #1 or #2), so be aware of that possible sticking point.
    The Best is Yet to Come!