Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by brit-iron View Post
    Last week 155.2 lbs. This week 154.8 lbs. so down another 0.4 lbs.
    Calories for the week av: 2210

Start weight 176 lbs. So far 21.2 lbs lost I think. In around 16 weeks.
    I'm doing well with Dumbbell bench press, @32kg for 10. Target there is 35kg for 10 reps. Don't know what my max is and I'm not going to try.

Strength is good during this cut. I'm putting it down to keeping protein high around 170 to 200 grams, and fats around 80 to 100 grams. remaining calories from carbs, typically around 140 grams, some days lower, some higher. All depends where I need my calories for the day.

So happy how things are going, only 0.8 lbs off my target.

My plan for increasing Calories during reversing up to maintenance, is to start by increasing protein/fats and keeping carbs where they are. Reason for this is I don't feel the need for extra energy.

Pics as of this morning. I feel I could get leaner, but still stopping at my target of 154 lbs. another 0.8 to go though I'll see what happens.
    Fantastic work man! The numbers look great but the real proof is in the photos and how you feel. You're just far enough ahead of me where I can see where I want to go without it being too far. It's motivating. Our diet is really similar too in terms of protein intake.

I'll be very curious to see how you switch it up once you hit goal -- I guess maybe you start a new thread in a building muscle forum after no longer needing the losing fat journal? Haha, seriously well done.

brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RTB1 View Post
    Fantastic work man! The numbers look great but the real proof is in the photos and how you feel. You're just far enough ahead of me where I can see where I want to go without it being too far. It's motivating. Our diet is really similar too in terms of protein intake.

I'll be very curious to see how you switch it up once you hit goal -- I guess maybe you start a new thread in a building muscle forum after no longer needing the losing fat journal? Haha, seriously well done.
    Thanks bud. Well hopefully I won't let history repeat itself and just put it all back on. Hahaha!
    I'm planning just to ease myself back up, changing very little apart from a bit more protein and fat. Starting with maybe an extra 100 calories per day first week and so on until I hit a point where I'm starting to gain weight, then go from there.

brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Another week down, had another blow out last Saturday, but no harm done really. Calories for the week were 2200 average after all said and done. Doing this Saturday a bit different ( less carbs, more protein ) Usually I do mostly carbs today.

Been introducing more organ meats into my diet ATM. Got some ox liver and lambs kidneys this week along with the usual chicken, fish, beef, and eggs. Always my staples.

Weigh in This morning 154.6 lbs, so only down another .2 lb. Closer is closer though. Only .6 to go. I'm a stickler for the numbers, I want to see 154 exactly, LOL.

My goal on Dumbbell bench is going well, I got a solid 33kg for 10, looking to get 35kg for 10 soon. I may get there before end of my cut, who knows. I'm not going to sacrifice my form over weight, only moving up when I'm in full command of the weight.

That's it really, hope everyone has a great weekend. Cheers.

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Brilliant stuff

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wow your progress has been insane! well done

Thank you guys! Having a week or so off tracking and weighing. My daughter's and my birthday so I know I may gain a little. But I'm going to get back to it next week. May even decide just to slow bulk from there. I'll update first week October.

Hello!

It's been a hectic two weeks for me, two birthday's and lots of eating and working out too. Despite a big increase in calories for two weeks I've hit my target of 154 lbs. I was surprized for sure.

The only reason probably is water weight. I'm purposefully keeping protein to around 200 grams and reduced carbs to around 100 grams for
    the last 5 days, keeping fats around 110 grams. so this would definitely make a bearing on how much water I'm holding.

Anyway what now? I've decided because my training is still going well and cravings are under control that I'm going to continue eating at average of around 2200 per day. As I've still got an annoying area of fat around belly button. Now IF strength stays good, I've no real reason to quit now. Body weight isn't my main concern, only body fat.

The only change I'm making is to swap out some carbs for protein/fats, keeping calories same as before. If I feel the need for more carbs then either oats or sweet potatoes. The main reason for this is because I'm stuck in quarantine for two weeks ( one week done already ), And I'm not getting the cardio I normally get, so energy requirements are lower.

I'll update next weekend with progress pic and also a calliper measured body fat level, just to get a rough estimate of where I'm at.
    I also plan a refeed on Sunday 11th, because that's the day my quarantine ends and I'm going out to eat!

Have an awesome weekend. Keep on crushing it guys!

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good job mate. Increasing calories only when needed is very sensible. How come you're quarantining? Have you caught that cold that is going about lol?

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Good job mate. Increasing calories only when needed is very sensible. How come you're quarantining? Have you caught that cold that is going about lol?
    No mate, I live off shore Island and travelling here from UK mainland I have to quarantine for two weeks. Penalty for going out is up to 10k fine or three months in prison! They ain't joking either, a few have been put in prison here already.

Dam that's a bit bad. Strange times we're living in isn't it. I'd opt for prison over the fine. 3 meals a day, a gym and a couple month break from the wife lol

Update. Birthdays out the way and also two weeks quarantine done and I even lost a little bit, currently 153.4 lbs. ( probably water )

Measured body fat this morning and I'm coming out at 12.2% with a four point calliper test. So my plan now is eat more, I started by going from 2200 average to 2450 average per day, I'm going to keep it there for a couple of weeks to see where I'm at.

Plan at those measurements will be re-comp, not bulk. I want to be measuring 10% using the exact same method. So keeping this thread going and hopefully can successfully get leaner while staying same weight, or even put on a bit. We'll see. If that doesn't appear to be working out in a couple of months then I will go into slow bulk working in the 12 to 15% range. 15% being my cut off before another cut.

I also have been low carbs this last two weeks ( less than 100g per day ) so may be fairly depleted at my current body weight.
    As I'm upping my carbs from now on ( around 150 to 180 grams per day ), my guess is I may hold a couple more lbs and still measure 12.2%.

Current avatar is where I'm at as of this weekend.

I'll continue to update weekly on my progress on the re-comp with calories, macros, slip ups! weight etc. then in 8 weeks do another calliper measurement. I realise that this isn't 100% accurate, but as I'm using the exact same method each time, it's still a good indication what's working and what isn't. Whether I'm re-comping or actually slow bulking, I'll know in 8 weeks.

Thanks and have an awesome week!

Great stuff mate. Very disciplined and your results reflect that

Great stuff mate. Very disciplined and your results reflect that
    Thanks mate! Yes trying to stay disciplined, that's the hardest part.

Update on my 8 week re-comp. week 2.

My weight as expected went up a tiny amount because of increasing my daily carbs. As of Saturday morning 154.6 lbs.

Daily calorie average: 2420

Macros daily average in grams:

Fat = 100
    Protein = 190
    Carbs = 190

Dumbbell bench as a guide to strength increases, definitely on an upward trend. Hit a PB last workout on flat db bench of 35kg for 12 reps first set, then 11,10,9,7. I like to get 12 reps for the first two out of five sets before moving to a heavier weight.
    Do other exercises obviously and all are going well.

So aim is to keep weight more or less the same for 8 weeks and hopefully lean up a little more.
    Going to keep calories for this coming week at 2450 approx another week. I will adjust calories upward if needed.

My plan is to bulk in the new year. So keeping this thread going until Christmas. So probably try to re-comp until then, but going to test my body fat again in 6 weeks to see where I'm at and see if re-comp is working out.

Thanks and have a great week!

Update 8 week re-comp, week 3.

Average daily calories: 2518

Macro averages.
    Carbs: 194 grams
    Fat: 110 grams
    Protein: 188 grams

Body weight 155 lbs up 0.4

Training is going well. I got Dumbbell flat bench to my target of first two sets at 12 reps each @35kg. So I've moved up to 36 kg on this now. got 5 sets of 7 reps, when moving up a weight I like to keep some reps in the tank for the first couple of goes. Also another exercise I like to do is seated overhead extensions, doing a single 32 kg dumbbell on these at around 15 reps a set, 5 sets, will be moving up on these next workout to 33 kg.

I'm also this coming week, reducing protein and increasing carbs a bit, but keeping calories around 2500 average.

Saturday I always have more carbs and relax a bit. Made pumpkin pie, and portioned out loads of roasted pumpkin and roasted the seeds too. ( see pics ) Didn't realise how nutritious and low in cals pumpkin was. High in vit A AND potassium too.

Anyway will update next weekend. Have a great one!
    Attached Images

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by brit-iron View Post
    Update 8 week re-comp, week 3.

Average daily calories: 2518

Macro averages.
    Carbs: 194 grams
    Fat: 110 grams
    Protein: 188 grams

Body weight 155 lbs up 0.4

Training is going well. I got Dumbbell flat bench to my target of first two sets at 12 reps each @35kg. So I've moved up to 36 kg on this now. got 5 sets of 7 reps, when moving up a weight I like to keep some reps in the tank for the first couple of goes. Also another exercise I like to do is seated overhead extensions, doing a single 32 kg dumbbell on these at around 15 reps a set, 5 sets, will be moving up on these next workout to 33 kg.

I'm also this coming week, reducing protein and increasing carbs a bit, but keeping calories around 2500 average.

Saturday I always have more carbs and relax a bit. Made pumpkin pie, and portioned out loads of roasted pumpkin and roasted the seeds too. ( see pics ) Didn't realise how nutritious and low in cals pumpkin was. High in vit A AND potassium too.

Anyway will update next weekend. Have a great one!
    impressive lift on 35kg each @ 12 reps! how do you add extra weight? im assuming fixed weight DBs? i have taken to ductaping small iron weights on the ends of my rubber hex weights to fill in gaps as i only have 15,20,25,30kg

Thanks mate. I've got the spin lock dumbbells and lots of plates. I just add 1 kg when I can get the first two sets for 12 then work back up. I'm at 36 kg ATM, but not quite handling the weight well enough yet to go to 37. Not long though I reckon.
    Will update soon probably this weekend. also I'm having a full hormone panel done tomorrow. I want to know where I'm at.
    I'm not on trt yet, so hopefully everything will check out good and I won't need to.
    Although the doctors in the UK don't like to give you anything unless it's dire.

Nice continued progress. That's a great dumbbell bench doing them for 12. I doubt you'll have any issues with your testosterone mate based on results. What made you get a panel done?

Nice continued progress. That's a great dumbbell bench doing them for 12. I doubt you'll have any issues with your testosterone mate based on results. What made you get a panel done?
    Curious more than anything, and at my age the doctor doesn't mind doing the odd health check. The last time I had it done was 2017, it was right in the middle of range then.
    I've had 4 hormone panels done in the last 6 years.
    I won't be asking for a prostate exam any time soon though, lol.

Haven't updated in a few weeks so here it is.

My daily average for calories for the last three weeks:

2980, 2830, and 2470. My plan was to be around 2700.

My weight is still 154 lbs, so no change there. Strength is going up a little in most areas.

I also got my hormone panel results as follows:

Testosterone: 17.0 nmol/L, range 6.1 - 27.3.
    Oestradial: 68 pmol/L, range 36.7 - 183.6
    prolactin: 145 mu/L range less than 450.
    Free T4: 10.8 pmol/L, range 6.5 - 17.0
    TSH: 3.98 ulU/ml, range 0.34 - 5.60
    progesterone: 2.5 nmol/L, range less than 3.18
    Gonadotrophin:
    LS 6.6 mlU/ml, range 1.24 - 7.8
    FSH 13.2 mlU/L, range 1.5 - 12.4

So all looks normal apart from slightly high FSH of 13.2. My doctor didn't pick up on this though, just said everything is normal.
    If there are any endocrinologists in here, can you tell me if that's acceptable.

Anyhow, looks like making gains come the new year, when I plan to bulk should work well given decent Test levels.
    Pretty happy that my Test is good at 48, so no TRT for me yet.

So plan hasn't changed, still looking to re-comp right up to Christmas.

Here's a current pic early morning relaxed no pump
    Attached Images

Great progress mate just looked at your first pictures when you had a belly. Massive difference looking very lean and a decent amount of muscle for your weight. I knew your testosterone would be good because if it wasn't you would be struggling to make progress

Great progress mate just looked at your first pictures when you had a belly. Massive difference looking very lean and a decent amount of muscle for your weight. I knew your testosterone would be good because if it wasn't you would be struggling to make progress
    Thanks mate. I was kinda expecting lower test because I've been struggling with sleep recently. Job worries, been out of work since March. So was a bit stressed out, I've just been offered a grounds maintenance job a couple days ago so feeling much better about it now. I had to sell half my weights to pay some bills too. Only have dumbbells now, but that's ok.