Page 193 of 330 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 293 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,790 of 9897
    ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post

i'm not an expert, but i stay on it. also, con-cret was the one i tried and felt nada w/. but it's totally individual and so many love it. and i will say, it is quite tasty.
    Okay, thanks! Could get expensive I have tried other creatines before and I mostly just got bloated, however, I think I was taking too much. This one is dosed per bodyweight so might be okay. I got unflavored too, so Yeah, I expect it to be nasty...but I am also going to start on Beta-Cret and Gluta-tren. I plan on 1 serving of con-cret, 1 scoop of beta and 1\2 scoop gluta pre w\o - so all mixed together should taste okay...I hope

lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Would like to join in

I would love to join this thread. A bit of background: first time bulker after diet/weight ups and downs and wondering why I just didn't look better. After hiring a great coach she "encouraged" me to bulk in order to achieve the look I was after. I have been bulking since January and have gained about 15lbs going from 115 (after an illness) to 130ish. I am also on a solid training program designed by my coach. Should also mention I am 66 years (young) and can still work it in the gym. No little old lady here even though I am on Social Security!!!

I am still getting used to the extra weight and will soldier on for at least six months and then we will decide what to do next. At this time, my butt can use its own zip code, I have a cellulite party on my legs and when the chub on my inner thighs rubs together, I am sure I can start a fire!! I cannot post pictures on this forum and have progress pics on my Bodyspace.

After reading ALL the pages of the Bulking thread, I know I'm not alone in my ups and downs of bulking. Just thought I'd join in for comments and possible encouragement on this journey. Thank you.

browneyes08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am also a first-time bulker (and first time lifter at all!) I was also getting frustrated with all of my gains. I can definitely tell I'm gaining muscle, and my strength is increasing. Even my husband says he can feel my muscles growing. And I'm SO excited when I come home from the gym and I added 5lb here or 5lb there with my lifts. But then there are days my stomach is HUGE (mostly bloat I THINK) and I get so upset and frustrated, because I feel like I look fat or preggers and I worry I'm eating too much and gaining too much fat. Since I'm new I'm still getting in the habit of tracking weight/bosy fat%/calories. I'm good about tracking lifts in the gym.

I'm also frustrated with my lack of flexibility, especially since it makes it hard to do squats properly (and I don't want to put plates under my heels..I'd rather work on the flexibility).

Anyhoo I just wanted to say I love this thread, and it makes me feel much better about what's going on with my body I know I'm going to gain some fat, and that's OK! It's part of the bulking process, as long as my strength goes up and I make muscle gains...and I don't gain TOO much fat

Love reading about everyone's progress!
    You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted. -Ruth E. Renkl

Strive for progress, not perfection. -Unknown

It's not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not. -Anonymous

Goal: 120lb, 16% body fat
    Current: 128 lb, 25% body fat

healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am a first time bulker as well... I am 20 years old. I have always been naturally very thin and athletic and just always active in sports and such. Decided how much I just love working out and I want to be able to lift more and gain! I am currently 5'9" and 115 lbs. I have been eating in excess... not counting calories at all jsut eating and eating as much as my little tummy can handle and I have gained 3 lbs in about a month worth of time but it fluctuates so who knows... I plan on continuing and going hard! using you guys as references is awesome and everyone has been very helpful thus far! keep up the work everyone

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Okay, thanks! Could get expensive I have tried other creatines before and I mostly just got bloated, however, I think I was taking too much.
    I had a lot of bloating with creatine too and am thinking of reintroducing it soon but in a smaller amount to see if it makes a difference.

Welcome to all the new people!

I'm still in lifting limbo here...trying to get over my back injury and not do anything stupid by rushing things...not lifting is a real head-wrecker for me...
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

marsclos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello everyone...I honestly don't know where to begin. I started yesterday lifting weights and I want to compete in figure and fitness competitions a year from now. I am starting my training now so I can my body and mind in sync to the intense training that lies ahead. I do need some help. I honestly don't know how much I am supposed to weigh, what my body type is, what my measurements are supposed to be for my figure. Currently I am 5feet 7inches, 173lbs, 29% bodyfat. My measurements are as follows in INCHES: CHest-35.1, Arms-11.2, Hips, 43.0, Waist 30.1, Thighs-25, Calves-14.5, Forearms-7.5, and Neck 14.1. Please does anyone have any ideas of what my measurements, body fat percentage and weight should like? I just need something to aim towards. Have a great day. Keep up the great work.

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well, after 6 months of bulking I am done 145.5 lbs today. I feel that it is time, its summer and I just don't feel like it anymore. I think 20 lbs smth is enough I have a question about cutting - never done it before, so have no idea. How do I do it right? I was bulking on 2400 calories, can I just cut 500 now by going to 1900. I recalculated my macors and it looks like my maint is 1921, 20% of that is 1530. Hmm...seems too low for me. How do you guys do it? I am thinking of going to 1900 for couple of weeks and then to 1700? High protein, low carb? thank you!

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    Well, after 6 months of bulking I am done 145.5 lbs today. I feel that it is time, its summer and I just don't feel like it anymore. I think 20 lbs smth is enough I have a question about cutting - never done it before, so have no idea. How do I do it right? I was bulking on 2400 calories, can I just cut 500 now by going to 1900. I recalculated my macors and it looks like my maint is 1921, 20% of that is 1530. Hmm...seems too low for me. How do you guys do it? I am thinking of going to 1900 for couple of weeks and then to 1700? High protein, low carb? thank you!
    Your maintenance should be around 2100 so you'd like to lean out at 1600 for 1 pound a week loss or you could do 1850 and lose slower.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by marsclos View Post
    Hello everyone...I honestly don't know where to begin. I started yesterday lifting weights and I want to compete in figure and fitness competitions a year from now. I am starting my training now so I can my body and mind in sync to the intense training that lies ahead. I do need some help. I honestly don't know how much I am supposed to weigh, what my body type is, what my measurements are supposed to be for my figure. Currently I am 5feet 7inches, 173lbs, 29% bodyfat. My measurements are as follows in INCHES: CHest-35.1, Arms-11.2, Hips, 43.0, Waist 30.1, Thighs-25, Calves-14.5, Forearms-7.5, and Neck 14.1. Please does anyone have any ideas of what my measurements, body fat percentage and weight should like? I just need something to aim towards. Have a great day. Keep up the great work.
    You're going to want to put leaning out at the top of your list to start off. If you have lots of patience, you can lean out slowly, a 1/2 pound a week, while lifting heavy to gain muscle. Once you're down around 20%bf you can assess your musculature to figure out where you need to build in order to compete and start on a bulk. You're going to need a couple of years at least to get ready to compete.

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Your maintenance should be around 2100 so you'd like to lean out at 1600 for 1 pound a week loss or you could do 1850 and lose slower.
    great, thank you!

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Congrats on sticking it out for 6 months. You still look lean in your progress pics...how much are you looking to lose?

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    Congrats on sticking it out for 6 months. You still look lean in your progress pics...how much are you looking to lose?
    Thank you! Well, thats the thing, I don't know. I was thinking I want to be 128, that's about 18 pounds. Sounds like alot!!!! So I am joining you guys in the cutting thread

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thank you! Well, thats the thing, I don't know. I was thinking I want to be 128, that's about 18 pounds. Sounds like alot!!!! So I am joining you guys in the cutting thread
    You may just be surprised and find that after bulking you look a heck of a lot leaner at a higher weight. I thought I would have to get back down to 122-125 and when I got to 130 I couldn't believe it.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i won't even bother updating. yeah, not good. sigh.

lots of new people. welcome, guys. this thread is wicked long and i would never expect anyone to read the entire thing (although i did), but the more you read here, the more info and experiences you glean and learn about, the better off you'll be. you'll also feel more prepared for the various psychological and physical changes. you're smart for doing this. best thing i ever did for myself.

I'm still in lifting limbo here...trying to get over my back injury and not do anything stupid by rushing things...not lifting is a real head-wrecker for me...
    so sorry - thought i responded to your pm but haven't. will soon. anyway, i can totally commiserate, even w/ the location of the injury (i.e., back) and it suuuuucks. no sugar coating. no crap abt it being your body's way of telling you you need a break. it just sucks. period. definitely tread lightly and don't be foolish like i was the first couple times around. take your time and really let your back recover or you're asking for further injury. how long has it been? where are you on the pain scale (hate that damn thing! but is useful) now?

Originally Posted by marsclos View Post
    You're going to need a couple of years at least to get ready to compete.
    legit. you started lifting 1 day ago. people work their asses off and have their diets on point and do cut/bulk cycles for years before being stage ready, depending on where they're starting from. you need to get everything in order and definitely don't set a 1 yr deadline b/c that's not realistic. i don't know what is. i don't mean to sound discouraging, b/c you can do this, just not in that time frame. start by seeing the sticky in the nutrition section on calculating cals and macro's and the training prgm basics sticky in the training section.

aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi all, just a question, and apologies in advance if its been covered but theres a LOT of pages here.

My question to all of you.. How did you come to the decision to bulk? Was it after losing weight and seeing you didn't have much muscle under there? Or did you just start with a bulk because it seemed right for your stats?

Originally Posted by aristomeow View Post
    Hi all, just a question, and apologies in advance if its been covered but theres a LOT of pages here.

My question to all of you.. How did you come to the decision to bulk? Was it after losing weight and seeing you didn't have much muscle under there? Or did you just start with a bulk because it seemed right for your stats?
    Pretty much. When you keep getting smaller but looking the same it's a huge clue that you need more underlying muscle.

That does sound like a lot...numbers are arbitrary - like TPW said, you may lose a much smaller amount and be really happy with what you have achieved.

I'm no longer cutting...nor bulking right now...just kind of in whatever mode for the summer. Will likely bulk again in the fall!

i won't even bother updating. yeah, not good. sigh.

so sorry - thought i responded to your pm but haven't. will soon. anyway, i can totally commiserate, even w/ the location of the injury (i.e., back) and it suuuuucks. no sugar coating. no crap abt it being your body's way of telling you you need a break. it just sucks. period. definitely tread lightly and don't be foolish like i was the first couple times around. take your time and really let your back recover or you're asking for further injury. how long has it been? where are you on the pain scale (hate that damn thing! but is useful) now?
    Sorry to hear things are still rough. I really shouldn't complain about my back because compared to what you're going through it's so minor. They initially thought it was a disc herniation but looks like it's just a strain that is taking some time to heal. I can't really sit for any extended period of time because of major pain & spasming but am hoping that will ease off over the next week or two.

I am really dying to get going with the new 8x8 program I've barely started...the few w/o I've done of it are challenging and fun and a nice change of pace from PHAT...I'm hoping to stick with that over the summer and to go back to PHAT & bulking in the fall. Because of cutting and now this back shizzzz...it's been so long since I have felt strong...

Originally Posted by aristomeow View Post

A bit of both. For years I spun my wheels lifting while maintaining fairly low cals. I developed itty bitty muscles but not the developed arms I always wanted. Finally, I found better programs to follow and realised that I'd have to eat more to develop the muscles I want. It's easy to recognize this but difficult to really digest it...so to speak. To be honest I've been doing more recomping over the past few years than proper bulking and am hoping to put in a decent bulk this fall. I still have a ways to go but am trying to enjoy the journey...

If you read through this whole thread you'll find it's a slow process and one with ups and downs. Really depends on your goals. Seems a lot of women talk about wanting a defined look but they are too scared to eat what it requires to get there and they run after the first bit of pudge comes on. But if you have patience bulking or recomping can deliver the goods.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    revamped my meals. kept cals the same, macro's roughly the same, redistributing over the other meals. i'm a firm believer that you should love everything you eat, and one of the meals i liked more than loved, and time-wise, the 4th meal also made no sense anymore b/c of my schedule, basically eating 3 meals an hr apart. nothing wrong w/ that, but since some of my things are pretty involved, from the time i got home to the time i went to bed, it felt like everything was making or eating food. i had had 5 meals. not b/c i think there's any advantage, but b/c i like eating more often. if my cals were lower, i'd do 3. i don't want many smaller meals. want real meals. now 4. today is day 1. must say i loved meal 1.

Sorry to hear things are still rough. I really shouldn't complain about my back because compared to what you're going through it's so minor. They initially thought it was a disc herniation but looks like it's just a strain that is taking some time to heal. I can't really sit for any extended period of time because of major pain & spasming but am hoping that will ease off over the next week or two.

I am really dying to get going with the new 8x8 program I've barely started...the few w/o I've done of it are challenging and fun and a nice change of pace from PHAT...I'm hoping to stick with that over the summer and to go back to PHAT & bulking in the fall. Because of cutting and now this back shizzzz...it's been so long since I have felt strong...
    don't feel like you shouldn't "complain" (i don't even think you're complaining). pain is pain and it sucks, esp when it's bad enough that you can't lift. so no meds, just time? did they give you any idea of how long?

tell me abt the 8x8. didn't know you were changing prgms. cool that you're stoked abt it and hope you can get to it soon. i've made 4 fb workouts for when i'm ready based on what i was doing, what i did after the previous fractures, and what i think i'll be able to do. maybe if the 8x8 is too much, you can do something like that in the interim? maybe you're not at all ready now, but instead of jumping in full force.

revamped my meals. kept cals the same, macro's roughly the same, redistributing over the other meals. i'm a firm believer that you should love everything you eat, and one of the meals i liked more than loved, and time-wise, the 4th meal also made no sense anymore b/c of my schedule, basically eating 3 meals an hr apart. nothing wrong w/ that, but since some of my things are pretty involved, from the time i got home to the time i went to bed, it felt like everything was making or eating food. i had had 5 meals. not b/c i think there's any advantage, but b/c i like eating more often. if my cals were lower, i'd do 3. i don't want many smaller meals. want real meals. now 4. today is day 1. must say i loved meal 1.
    sounds like a better plan...are you doing maintenance cals these days?

don't feel like you shouldn't "complain" (i don't even think you're complaining). pain is pain and it sucks, esp when it's bad enough that you can't lift. so no meds, just time? did they give you any idea of how long?

tell me abt the 8x8. didn't know you were changing prgms. cool that you're stoked abt it and hope you can get to it soon. i've made 4 fb workouts for when i'm ready based on what i was doing, what i did after the previous fractures, and what i think i'll be able to do. maybe if the 8x8 is too much, you can do something like that in the interim? maybe you're not at all ready now, but instead of jumping in full force.
    Last week I was doped up to my eyeballs on anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxants and ********. I basically slept. Way too dopey and I don't want to miss more work so easing off everything today. Have been seeing a chiro but things are a bit too inflamed for much adjustment. Walking feels good though and I've done a bit of upper body lifting but limiting it and avoiding any back stuff.

8x8 is going to be fun. Read about it in Kimm4's journal. Basically it's an exercise in humbleness...you are doing 8 reps x 8 with about 15 seconds break in between sets...so it gets your heart pumping and your muscles nearly crying...or at least mine do. You don't think you'll have to but you end up going pretty light on weights because of lack of recovery. It's an old school Vince Gironda hypertrophy program. http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...s_8x8_training

aproc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aproc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aproc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aproc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aproc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aproc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aproc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aproc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aproc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aproc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aproc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I posted on here once before and since then have upped my calories a bit. I've been working on bulking since around January. The past few months I have put on 5 pounds and I took a new progress picture today. It's amazing the results you just don't see looking at yourself in the mirror! The picture definitely gave me motivation since it looks like I'm doing things right to me. My goal in this is to gain about 15 pounds and start cutting. Not setting a specific time since it's been a slow process with this being my first bulk with many trials and errors but I am hoping for near the end of the year to start cutting.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by aproc; 05-30-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Can I complain a little bit here in bulking thread? I was doing lat pulls with heavier then usual weight and I couldn't put the thing up, so I basically flew with the machine - straight up I felt something under my right shoulder, but it wasn't much. Next day was a leg day, so I did deads, no issues. Today started my workout with push-ups and almost strated to cry. I have this sharp radiating pain under right shoulder blade, going all the way around. I had to leave the gym. Do you guys think it will go away soon? what can it be? I am sorry for those of you in pain, it sucks

Can I complain a little bit here in bulking thread? I was doing lat pulls with heavier then usual weight and I couldn't put the thing up, so I basically flew with the machine - straight up I felt something under my right shoulder, but it wasn't much. Next day was a leg day, so I did deads, no issues. Today started my workout with push-ups and almost strated to cry. I have this sharp radiating pain under right shoulder blade, going all the way around. I had to leave the gym. Do you guys think it will go away soon? what can it be? I am sorry for those of you in pain, it sucks
    That's usually a fun ride I cannot remember what goes around the blade but you will need to rest it. Sounds like a light weight week next week.

That's usually a fun ride I cannot remember what goes around the blade but you will need to rest it. Sounds like a light weight week next week.
    Do you think i can go to the gym still? I don't mind going light weight

lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Pretty much. When you keep getting smaller but looking the same it's a huge clue that you need more underlying muscle.

Oh, if only I had known that years ago!!!!! Would have saved me from a lot of head scratching over lack of results.

Do you think i can go to the gym still? I don't mind going light weight
    Listen to your body. It'll tell you.

Originally Posted by lynore View Post
    Oh, if only I had known that years ago!!!!! Would have saved me from a lot of head scratching over lack of results.
    I wish I had known that in my 20's! I could have started lifting way back then

I wish I had known that in my 20's! I could have started lifting way back then
    I know. I should have changed my name to "spinning my wheels". Now that I know what to do, I'm doing it! Have been bulking since January. Somewhat fluffy and will stay the course for another month or so at least.. Onward.......

does anyone have experience w/ or know abt epidural vs facet injections? i've looked them up, obviously, but anything i can glean from you guys is always of interest as well.

sounds like a better plan...are you doing maintenance cals these days?
    trying! i'm finding it difficult still. i mean, always around the same, so maybe some would say maintaining-enough, but the range is a little bigger than i'd think for true maintenance. not sure exactly what my cals are. i just cared abt getting them - w/ my new meal plan - to be around the same, but don't remember the number. are you maintaining for now? tracking or giving that a break?

Last week I was doped up to my eyeballs on anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxants and ********. I basically slept. Way too dopey and I don't want to miss more work so easing off everything today. Have been seeing a chiro but things are a bit too inflamed for much adjustment. Walking feels good though and I've done a bit of upper body lifting but limiting it and avoiding any back stuff.

8x8 is going to be fun. Read about it in Kimm4's journal. Basically it's an exercise in humbleness...you are doing 8 reps x 8 with about 15 seconds break in between sets...so it gets your heart pumping and your muscles nearly crying...or at least mine do. You don't think you'll have to but you end up going pretty light on weights because of lack of recovery. It's an old school Vince Gironda hypertrophy program. http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...s_8x8_training
    thanks for the 8x8. does look interesting and very different than what i usually do. i'd go back to my version of power, muscle, burn first b/c i was making good gains and having fun, but i'll put this in my list. always interested in hearing what others do and like and adding it to my "prgms to consider" list.

how do you feel w/o the pain meds and muscle relaxants? was yesterday really hard? are you at least taking otc pain meds or no? i don't know if ice or heat or switching b/w the two is better for you, but i found these things called freezie wraps. expensive and i haven't bought one but am thinking abt it. that's what i'm on - percs and muscle relaxants. i am not doped up at all, maybe b/c my muscle relaxant is at night only (a next step might be daytime too, but sort of worried abt that). my friend's mom has back problems and swears by her chiro - goes every 6 weeks. i don't remember what her issues are exactly. hopefully you'll find some relief, esp as inflammation goes down.

Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by aproc View Post
    I posted on here once before and since then have upped my calories a bit. I've been working on bulking since around January. The past few months I have put on 5 pounds and I took a new progress picture today. It's amazing the results you just don't see looking at yourself in the mirror! The picture definitely gave me motivation since it looks like I'm doing things right to me. My goal in this is to gain about 15 pounds and start cutting. Not setting a specific time since it's been a slow process with this being my first bulk with many trials and errors but I am hoping for near the end of the year to start cutting.
    Nice arms I take sh*tty quality webcam pictures every week so I have something to look back on. Where are you at calorie-wise now?

Injuries make me so sad I hope all of you are doing well. I'm sending everyone positive, healing vibes! As for me I'm 8 weeks in officially (I think? lol). I've found myself feeling bad these past couple of days. I can't stop staring at my thighs in the mirror. And the cellulite...the fcking cellulite. I had such a positive outlook last week, and this week I'm a gloomy goose. I blame PMS. So my plan is to stay out of shorts in the gym so I don't emotionally pick at my cottage cheese in the 360 mirrors, and just use the power of thigh cheese rage to fuel my leg days.

I took my 8 week pictures and I'm most happy with my front this week. I've got a long ways to go, but it's fun seeing change.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Sarah97; 05-31-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Originally Posted by Sarah97 View Post
    Nice arms I take sh*tty quality webcam pictures every week so I have something to look back on. Where are you at calorie-wise now?

Injuries make me so sad I hope all of you are doing well. I'm sending everyone positive, healing vibes! As for me I'm 8 weeks in officially (I think? lol). I've found myself feeling bad these past couple of days. I can't stop staring at my thighs in the mirror. And the cellulite...the fcking cellulite. I had such a positive outlook last week, and this week I'm a gloomy goose. I blame PMS. So my plan is to stay out of shorts in the gym so I don't emotionally pick at my cottage cheese in the 360 mirrors, and just use the power of thigh cheese rage to fuel my leg days.

I took my 8 week pictures and I'm most happy with my front this week. I've got a long ways to go, but it's fun seeing change.

Your arms look really good. Nice work.

Page 193 of 330 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 293 ... LastLast