diamantkung3n is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Has my deadlift form improved or do I still need to improve it?

I've been practicing romanian deadlifts and it has taught me to move my hips back. So the question is do I still need to improve my conventional deadlift? The reason I'm posting this is because I haven't had any good luck finding any good coaches to coach me, either they were too costly or they were in a different time zone.
    imgur.com/4w11I3b
    Last edited by diamantkung3n; 06-14-2021 at 01:13 PM.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Keep working at it. Think most of my comments from a few weeks ago still apply in some form so I won't repeat them. You've also added a pause, which IMO you shouldn't be doing unless you know the reason why you're doing it and do it in a consistent manner each time.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Keep working at it. Think most of my comments from a few weeks ago still apply in some form so I won't repeat them. You've also added a pause, which IMO you shouldn't be doing unless you know the reason why you're doing it and do it in a consistent manner each time.
    I did some paused deadlifts to check if my back would round

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by diamantkung3n View Post
    I did some paused deadlifts to check if my back would round
    Yeah IMO that's not a reason to do them, and doesn't help for a form video at the very least. But like I said, I think my earlier comments still apply.

Yeah IMO that's not a reason to do them, and doesn't help for a form video at the very least. But like I said, I think my earlier comments still apply.
    Do you think doing rack pulls would help me improve my deadlift besides the rdl?

Originally Posted by diamantkung3n View Post
    Do you think doing rack pulls would help me improve my deadlift besides the rdl?
    No, you can do them but I don't think rack pulls will help improve your DL more than practicing DL would.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, you can do them but I don't think rack pulls will help improve your DL more than practicing DL would.
    At least not at your level OP.

Focus on the basics for now, there will always be time down the road to do all the cool exercises when you built a base.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks good OP!

Only thing I would say is it looks like you're pulling in front of you a little too much, such that the bar corrects towards you after you break the floor, which is less ideal from a strength efficiency standpoint.

Good job and good luck with your continued progress
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

McBilbo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think your form is pretty good.
    Maybe head looking up a bit high.
    I cannot post a link. Have a look on youtube for Althlene X "the official deadlift checklist"

kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kingofabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Liking your form buddy! Keep up the great work!