Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Official Suit Discussion Thread

This thread is to review various types of suits for the squat and the dead lift. If you do not wear one of them, like me, do not bash them. This is for those who use a suit, or would like to use one, to provide and receive information. Please review gear in a clear and concise manner. This thread can be one of the best in terms of answering questions that frequently arise, and you never know when you might need a new suit yourself.

Example of good reviews:

One thing I would really like to see is people rating the gear for Novice, Intermediate, or Advance lifters. We have some elite lifters here, and if some of us, like me, tried to do the same things with the same gear, it would probably cause me a severe injury somewhere on the high side of my colon. So when reviewing a shirt, please perform this simple service for those of us who are clueless about supportive equipment.

Warning:

Do not start a raw vs. gear debate.
    Do not spam this thread.

The gear threads will probably be the most heavily moderated threads on bb.com, and if you screw one of them up by failing to observe painfully simple rules, you will be banned so thoroughly it wipes out your ability to post on another board somewhere else.

An example of what types of suits are allowed in each federation can be found here.

Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Equipment: Squat Suite
    Brand: Titan Super Centurion - Wide Stance
    Ply's: Single
    My Experience level in a Suite: Novice/Beginner
    Suggested Experience Level: Training(regular) fit for Novice and Meet or Competition fit for Intermediate and Advanced
    Rating (1-10): 10
    Link: http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/...Squat-Suit.php or http://www.liftinglarge.com/index.as...ATS&Category=3
    Vids in use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbK7qKTLsQA
    Review:

Doubleply in all the right places is the buzz word on these Titan Super Centurions. The dual quad system is a ultra thick(double ply) seam that wraps around the shoulders and down around the legs to give an amazing amount of support right where you need it, IPF legal. I'll tell you the truth though. I HATE THIS SUITE. Or at least I did in training. I had the hardest time getting it broken in and getting to depth. Felt like my head was going to explode and my body folded in half. This is mainly because of my inexperience in a suite and not realizing how much preasure it's going to create. The week before my first meet going equipped I finally got a touch and go down to a just below parallel box. Getting down is the hardest part. Once I start up it is extremely easy. The stopping power of the harness system is great and the rebound on the way up is amazing.

Nervous about being able to hit the hole and bombing out I opened with what I was able to finally hit in training. I smoked it and had no problem hitting depth. I got on a role and got all three attempts really easily. I still have no idea how much I could potentially hit with the suite on as I left a lot on the platform. I put a lot more work in training the squats in the suite then the deadlift and it shows. People report that this suite is great for sumo deadlifts as well by turning the suite around. I haven't tried it yet so can't comment on that. Needless to say my attempts at deadlifting in the suite was dismall. I do now love this suite as I've finally figured it out and know what to expect in the squats. Need a lot more work in it for the deadlifts.

Titan has several size recommendations for the suite and I went with a meet fit. Probably should have started out with a regular(training) fit.

http://www.liftinglarge.com/index.as...on=Custom&ID=1

The wide stance is a must for anyone that uses a shoulder width or more stance. I use a fairly decent wide stance and had to push out against the suite. The material is the super nxg+ material and the straps are a deent width. I guess the older centurions had a narrower strap so this is much improved on.

I got the dual quad briefs with the super nxg+ matieral as well but didn't use those with the suite yet. They are exactly the same thing but with out the straps. I had a hard time getting to depth in training as well with just the briefs on. So the two make a good combo. Train with the briefs so the suite doesn't stretch out and use the suite just befor a meet and in the meet. Use the briefs the rest of the time for training and will feel the same as the suite with the straps down.

I'm hanging around 210-220. I think I weighed in at around 212 for that meet. I got the meet fit size 44 for 220. Got a stock suite nothing custom. I'll probably get the straps taken in about an inch or two at some point but right now it's nice having a little room there to get used to it especially when I get back into it and train the deadlifts. I'll need the little extra strap. I'm 5' 10'' as well to let you know. My upper thigh is slightly over 27" and hips 45.5". Both suite and briefs fit perfect there. Very tight. Took me about 30m first time trying to get either on. Takes less then 10m now.
    Last edited by Jason2459; 03-03-2009 at 06:30 AM.
    My Training Journal: http://tinyurl.com/jasons-journal
    My Video Training Journal: www.youtube.com/user/jason24590
    08/17:245,185,275 02/18:345,275,380
    06/18:405;315,455
    goal: hit previous SBD #s again 524,364,562
    current meet PRs: ---/---/--- ---

What NorthStrong's sig. says

weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Jason, what size did you get and what weight are you?

I know it says 220lb in your profile but might not be accurate, thanks.

Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jason2459 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by weak**** View Post
    Jason, what size did you get and what weight are you?

I know it says 220lb in your profile but might not be accurate, thanks.
    Should have put that in there. I added to the review above. ^^
    My Training Journal: http://tinyurl.com/jasons-journal
    My Video Training Journal: www.youtube.com/user/jason24590
    08/17:245,185,275 02/18:345,275,380
    06/18:405;315,455
    goal: hit previous SBD #s again 524,364,562
    current meet PRs: ---/---/--- ---

What NorthStrong's sig. says

ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My suit of choice back in the 80's was Frantz....nothing fancy, not too tight, I actually did all 3 lifts in it.
    Do not fear the weights, let the weights fear you

DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000)
    Equipment: Squat Suit
    Brand: Inzer Hardcore
    My Experience level in a Suite: From Level 3 to almost Master
    Suggested Experience Level: Level 3 to Elite
    Rating (1-10): 9
    Link: http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?P...ID=01_HARDCORE
    Vids in use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy_-mGTMbgU
    Weight- 181
    Suits Size: 32

Review:

I've owned just two squats suits in my lifting career of 3 years. These two suits have stuck with me from an 1120 total to a soon to be 1450 total. I use one for deadlifting (my oldest suit) and one for squatting (my newest suit). The catch is, I've used my old suit for 90+% of my total training and meet reps. I only use my new Inzer Harcore for two training sessions+meet lifts in any prep cycle. I do a ton of work in equipment during my training cycle, but all of it is with my old, broken-in suit. This method has allowed me to train frequently in identical equipment, almost year round if I want. With that said, even my training suit still gives me almost as much assistance as my new suit.

Although the material used in the Inzer Hardcore is relatively outdated (by all the new NXG and METAL materials), the Inzer suit provides less abrupt halting power in the hole, and instead, a spring-like rebound. I believe the Inzer hardcore is a better suit for deeper, and generally more narrow styles of squatting. A stiffer, more rigid material may throw a deep, oly style squat out of its grove, making the material in the Hardcore a better option.

Personally, I am considering Inzer's newer material. It is found in the TRX suit. The reason I'm sticking with Inzer over Titan is primarily due to the different companies' cuts. Titan provides suits with ample space in the mid-section, while Inzer tends to have a tighter, more form fitting mid-section. For leaner, lower weight-classed competitors, I think the Inzer cut would benefit the lifter by giving an over-all body compression throughout all portions of the lift.

Conclusion/Summary:

The Inzer Hardcore is a good suit for lifters at any level. While it uses "Outdated" material, it provides more "spring" and less "stopping power" than most suits seen on the market today. Inzer provides suits with newer material, but I would not recommend these suits for beginners. Inzer also makes their suits with a slimmer cut around the mid-section. This is either a positive or negative, depending on how you are built.

SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jason2459 View Post
    Brand: Titan Super Centurion - Wide Stance
    My Experience level in a Suite: Novice/Beginner
    Suggested Experience Level: Training(regular) fit for Novice and Meet or Competition fit for Intermediate and Advanced
    Link: http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/...Squat-Suit.php or http://www.liftinglarge.com/index.as...ATS&Category=3
    Vids in use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbK7qKTLsQA
    Review:

Doubleply in all the right places is the buzz word on these Titan Super Centurions. The dual quad system is a ultra thick(double ply) seam that wraps around the shoulders and down around the legs to give an amazing amount of support right where you need it, IPF legal. I'll tell you the truth though. I HATE THIS SUITE. Or at least I did in training. I had the hardest time getting it broken in and getting to depth. Felt like my head was going to explode and my body folded in half. This is mainly because of my inexperience in a suite and not realizing how much preasure it's going to create. The week before my first meet going equipped I finally got a touch and go down to a just below parallel box. Getting down is the hardest part. Once I start up it is extremely easy. The stopping power of the harness system is great and the rebound on the way up is amazing.

Nervous about being able to hit the hole and bombing out I opened with what I was able to finally hit in training. I smoked it and had no problem hitting depth. I got on a role and got all three attempts really easily. I still have no idea how much I could potentially hit with the suite on as I left a lot on the platform. I put a lot more work in training the squats in the suite then the deadlift and it shows. People report that this suite is great for sumo deadlifts as well by turning the suite around. I haven't tried it yet so can't comment on that. Needless to say my attempts at deadlifting in the suite was dismall. I do now love this suite as I've finally figured it out and know what to expect in the squats. Need a lot more work in it for the deadlifts.

Titan has several size recommendations for the suite and I went with a meet fit. Probably should have started out with a regular(training) fit.

http://www.liftinglarge.com/index.as...on=Custom&ID=1

The wide stance is a must for anyone that uses a shoulder width or more stance. I use a fairly decent wide stance and had to push out against the suite. The material is the super nxg+ material and the straps are a deent width. I guess the older centurions had a narrower strap so this is much improved on.

I got the dual quad briefs with the super nxg+ matieral as well but didn't use those with the suite yet. They are exactly the same thing but with out the straps. I had a hard time getting to depth in training as well with just the briefs on. So the two make a good combo. Train with the briefs so the suite doesn't stretch out and use the suite just befor a meet and in the meet. Use the briefs the rest of the time for training and will feel the same as the suite with the straps down.

I'm hanging around 210-220. I think I weighed in at around 212 for that meet. I got the meet fit size 44 for 220. Got a stock suite nothing custom. I'll probably get the straps taken in about an inch or two at some point but right now it's nice having a little room there to get used to it especially when I get back into it and train the deadlifts. I'll need the little extra strap. I'm 5' 10'' as well to let you know. My upper thigh is slightly over 27" and hips 45.5". Both suite and briefs fit perfect there. Very tight. Took me about 30m first time trying to get either on. Takes less then 10m now.
    I own the narrow stance version of this suit and thus far have had a similar experience. Can't wait to put some decent weight on and see what I/it can do!
    My PL training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115903511

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I have been using an Inzer Hardcore squat suit, it is a size 35 I believe, one size under what I SHOULD use, but it is worn in so it fits me perfectly.

It was great for making the transition from close stance to wider stance. Aside from it bruising my hips and squashing my balls and being a pain in the ass to put on, it's great. But I'm sure all suits are like that. And after a few workouts in it you get used to it.

It definitely adds weight I can tell you that.

UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Brand: Metal Ace Pro Squatter
    Ply's: Multi (2 ply front/3 ply back
    My Experience level in a Suit: Intermediate (Suck to Good on the Dave Tate Great/Good/Suck/**** Scale)
    Suggested Experience Level: Intermediate to Advanced (Depending on Size and Technique
    Link: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=204&pid=1422
    Vids in use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjsGY...e=channel_page (view full screen for better picture) and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIk7U...e=channel_page

Review:

-Awesome Carryover, stopping power, and rebound out of the hole. This suit is almost bulletproof and is made in such a way as to force the user into the perfect wide stance squat position. The Velcro straps also offer custom tightness for different attempts.

-Sizing can be an issue with some of the shorter, bigger guys. I wear a size 54 suit and I'm 5'6" and according to the sizing chart, my suit is built for someone who is, on average, 6'. Plus, if you have larger thighs, it can be hard to get the quad-lock seam over the largest part of the quad and get the suit up fully.

- If you're looking for a suit with great carryover for a Medium-Wide to Wide Stance squatter, you can't go wrong with the Metal Ace. For sizing, I would either call EFS directly or e-mail Minna or Ano over at the Metal site. I've had this suit for 2 years and it has barely stretched on me. If you were to buy one, I would recommend waiting to get it on sale at EFS because they are a bit pricey.

Equipment: Squat Briefs
    Brand: Metal Viking Briefs
    Ply's: Double
    My Experience level in a Suit: Intermediate
    Suggested Experience Level: Intermediate to Advanced (Depending on sizing)
    Link: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...id=204&pid=905
    Vids in use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pqgI...e=channel_page
    Review:

These briefs are excellent, although it does take a while for them to break in. The Viking material was/is Metal's attempt to have gear that has the stopping power of Canvas and the pop of Polyester. When I first got them, it took me close to 585 to get to depth, but one they were broken in more and I was able to get them up fully, I can hit depth with as little as 345. These are a good pairing with the Metal Aces, as they are not as thick and will not create havoc trying to get depth as the Ace/Ace combo would. They do tend to stretch out more quickly than I would like, so I'll more than likely send them to Ginny Phillips to get the hips taken in. I have no complaints with them, but my next briefs will more than likely be Titan Boss Briefs, as I hear they are similar to the Vikings, but are a bit thinner.
    http://www.thewarehousegym.net/ - PL/SM gym on the South Side of Houston owned by Dr. Zach McVey

Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Brand: Inzer Z-suit
    My Experience level in a Suit: Novice/Beginner
    Suggested Experience Level: Really good for a beginner suit
    Rating (1-10): 8
    Link: http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=02_ZSUIT

Review: I do not have a high level of experience in gear. I train like a powerlifter and I have done a few meets. The Z-suit is the only squat suit that I have ever used and it is currently the only one that I own. I have been training in it for approximately 4 months.

Initial Thoughts: It is the right size for me, but I was able to ALMOST get it seated where it needed to be on the first attempt. The material is noticeably thinner than the Hardcore (what my training partner uses). What I really liked about it is that it provides noticeable support and increased poundage on the bar, but it made learning gear easy. I usually train in it with the straps down and have gotten 35(405 raw/440 z-suit - straps down) definite pounds out of it. I know this is not much, but I know for a fact that now that I know the suit/gear a bit better from the last time I maxed out that I can get much more out of it. I will have to see.

The one thing that concerns me a bit is that it seems to have lost quite a bit of stiffness since it was new. I don't know if it is because I am just used to the constrictive nature of the suit, but i know it has become at least a bit looser. Instead of feeling as much spring, it really now feels like it fills more of a supportive role. I'm looking forward to maxing out soon with the suit and see what I can get.

I am considering purchasing a Hardcore since I feel comfortable in gear and really want to step it up. I will buy a HC when money allows (just ordered a Phenom BP shirt).

Bottom-line: It is a cheap suit and it is easy to learn. It offers noticeable support and it a great beginner suit.
    *MFC Illuminati*

*3-22-13*

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Brand: Inzer Z-suit
    My Experience level in suit: Novice/Beginner
    Suggested Experience level: Beginner
    Rating (1-10): 6

Review: The first time I put on the Z-suit, I thought it was the most ridiculous thing I had ever stepped into. It was my first experience with a squat suit, and I thought I would never get it over my hips/ass. It was definitely tight and aided in my confidence going into my first meet, but I didn't have the training experience in it to get anything out of it. I struggled with 405 warming up, when I had got 445 in the gym with knee wraps 2 weeks before. I ended up only getting 425, due to my overzealous opener. For such a dinky suit, it really did try to push me forward during the squat more then I expected. I wore it again in November 2008, again the suit seemed to be on and tighter then a singlet, but I felt like I was getting way more help from knee wraps then the actual suit, other then maybe the first inch or so out of the hole. Slipping into from time to time now, letting other guys try it out etc, It just feels like tight under armor more then anything. I could probably do a full set of olympic squats in it at the same bodyweight as the first time I wore it. Much like the blast shirt, I recommend the Z-suit to guys who want to get into geared lifting, but don't want to spend $100+ to potentially use it once. It gives some support but seems to wear out fast, but gets you ready to wear a real suit. I think the cheapo Inzer gear is great for beginners and act as training wheels for some more serious equipment.

Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Equipment: Squat suit
    Brand: Titan Centurian Wide stance
    My Experience level in a suit: Novice/Beginner
    Suggested Experience level: Intermediate to Advanced

Review: This is my first "real" squat suit. At first my order was botched, I received a suit about 2 sizes too big. The legs seemed to fit ok but the straps were literally 3 inches too long. I used it once during a reverse band workout and still was mildly impressed. For a fairly loose suit, I was still getting a surprising amount of pop out of the bottom with it. I returned it and Titan sent me a freshly tailored size 38 wide stance (the other was normal stance) This suit is easy to get on. Easier then an Inzer hardcore, and easier then a z-suit. It seems Titan makes the body fairly loose while the legs are extra tight. It takes a few minutes to set the legs up perfectly but the suit itself goes right up over the hips right away. I have yet to actually squat in a meet situation with this suit due to having to exchange it, but in the gym, it feels great. Training in my z-suit for Nov 08, we were running a circa-max cycle using blue and green bands, about 300 lbs at my lockout. I was able to put on about 235 for my last work week and it was ugly. Last week, same band setup, same workout, 305x2,2 then 315x1. This is a significant difference in only a few months. I plan on breaking the 500 mark with this suit at collegiate nationals at the end of march, it was a longshot a few months ago, but now seems to be a very, very real possibility. I will be performing my deadlift openers next week using this suit, I pull sumo and I feel the wide stance centurian will be perfect for my weak spot of the first 2-3 inches off the floor.
    Last edited by Retardo-pex; 03-04-2009 at 07:06 AM.

Brand: Inzer Hardcore
    Suggested Experience level: Intermediate to Advanced
    Rating (1-10): 8

Review: I had very little experience in this suit, it was a teammate's extra size 31 he wore once or twice competing at 148. I only had a z-suit and my centurian was still being made with a meet a week away, so I wore it doing my openers. First off, it was a chore squeezing into it, yes it was a size or two too small but it seemed to be made exactly like the z-suit in terms of sticking points. I got up to 450 in the gym, then decided this time around I was going to play it safe and just open at 400, then try to hit 450 rather then almost bombing out with a heavier opener and different knee wrapers each try like my Nov. meet. Got 405, bit of a struggle hitting depth with this but I got it. 455 was next, I wasn't feeling squats that day, 225 felt heavy on my warmups, but 455 pretty much flew up. I said what the hell 3rd attempts are for joke like PR's for me, basically just to get a heavier weight on my back/in my hands and something to shoot for next time once I try it. 473, most straight weight I ever had on my back...sink it down and decide there is absolutely no way this is going back up about halfway into it. I think my setup must have been flawless and several planets aligned though as I struggled but completely locked out 473. Looking at the video, its not the prettiest squat I've ever seen, but I got 3 whites and a 23 lb pr with a lift I had never even looked at before. Although I really like the feel of the centurian wide stance more then the hardcore, it is still a legit suit and does what is promises. It was too tight however, to even attempt a deadlift in so i ended up going raw at the end, I couldn't get to the bar in the hardcore that was 2 sizes too small.

btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Brand: Inzer Max Dl
    Suggested Experience level: Novice/Intermediate
    Rating (1-10): 8?

Technically this is a deadlift suit, but, i use it as a squat suit. From what i've heard it've very similar to a hardcore. I'm a fan of this as i'm 6'5 and that's mostly in the legs (short torso) also, i'm not very flexible, and have bad knees. All this means i squat relatively wide-stance, sitting back, and have a VERY tough time hitting depth. This is a stretchy bouncy suit, and doesn't really hinder me from getting depth. Despite all of this, i probably get around 100l+lbs out of it. It's tough to say exactly, as i haven't squatted heavy raw in a while, as i can't sit back as far, and it hurts my knees. I'd estimate if i practiced i could probably get around 450 with wraps, and about 560-570 with this suit right now without briefs on, but it's hard to say exactly. This is far from an advanced suit, but, to get into the gear game, i'm a fan of it.

For deads however, it gives me 0 carryover, I think because i pull primarily with my back, not my legs
    680/412.5/647.5-1740, raw elite 308 (meet, raw, wraps)
    770/445/660 -all time gym prs @ 355 ish

Currently: about 240,
    gym prs: 480/330/530....time to get strong!

"Demand more!"

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168128223

cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Brand: Ernie Frantz Squat suit
    Ply's: canvas
    My Experience level in a Suite: 8 months
    Suggested Experience Level: Advanced
    Link: google ernie frantz
    Vids in use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbprt0bVUP8
    i squat the same as chuck does
    Review: This suit will take some getting used to, especially with the velcro bucket. Not for a beginner, and should be used for meets and the weeks leading into the meet. very tight, EXCELLENT support all around. I squat very wide and it is accomodating for a wide stance squat. Stopping power is great and when you learn the grove you can fly out of the hole. I would reccomend a lighter/thinner brief. I use a Metal Ace pro, and its way too much brief. I would reccomend a predator or a thin brief of some kind. Im not positive how much i get out of it. but in my old, and much thinner frantz suit i got 70 lbs out of it as a complete noob. Im expecting 100 at this next meet

when i was squatting 450 in a brief and wraps for a single i hit maybe 520 with straps down, little use of bucket. Im currently hitting 505 for 5 in just a brief and wraps. So now its all pending how much weight my back can handle. I would reccomend this to anyone competing at the national level. I am hoping to squat near 600 at state. i see no reason why i wont get another 100 lbs out of it within 8 months.

cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    wouldnt mind seeing some more metal ace squat reviews. I hear they are great out of the hole but can push the knees in. any word on this? Im a very wide squatter.

Frank.S is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frank.S is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frank.S is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frank.S is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frank.S is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frank.S is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frank.S is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frank.S is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frank.S is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frank.S is on a distinguished road. (+10) Frank.S is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Review: Metal Ace suit
    plys: 2/3
    experience needed: advanced
    my weight: 210-255 (yes, same suit. super tight at 255, couldn't wear briefs, loose with briefs at 210)
    size: 50

Review:

I am around an 800lbs squatter, I haved used the suit with a few different briefs and have settled so far on a very light 1ply brief under the suit. I dont recommend the Ace briefs under this suit unless the suit is loose, or you are a damn good squatter. I used the combo for a couple meets and had nothing but depth issues. It took 755lbs forever to hit depth. I figure once I get my squat to 900ish the ace/ace will be great.

I have used this suit for some time, my only real experience is in metal gear (have used various pro suits). I think the ace suit is excellent IF it fits correctly. Some people just do not work well in metal suits due to their body proportions. For me - the suit fits amazing so its a non-issue.

The rebound out of the hole is solid, I find it very predictable. Compared to the pro suit it is harder to use, around 1-2inches above depth the suit starts to bind up and it is necessary to really sit back and open up your knees. The suit will also try to ruin your arch, so you have to really force it in the hole.

Overall the suit is good. I got it on sale at EFS, so the deal was decent. I'm not sure its better then the inzer canvas (i think the inzer may have a slight edge from what ive seen) but the ace is a little cheaper and gaining/loosing size with the ace doesn't matter near as much as with the inzer.

rating: 9/10

ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bumping this thread as a reminder for me to post tomorrow. I'll be using ace briefs & the Velocity for the first time together during my deadlift session tomorrow, and I'll be trying out just the briefs for squatting on Wednesday.

ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000)

Titan Velocity

Equipment: Velocity (Sumo)
    Brand: Titan
    My Experience level in a suit: Novice
    Suggested Experience level: Novice/Intermediate

I've used a deadlift suit before, but the Velocity is my first premium suit. Mine is a size 42 and fits pretty tightly on me, though there's still a little more leeway for size in mine. Anyhow, it's a single ply suit and doesn't take too long at all to get into...takes me about 3 minutes to get into one correctly.

I used my suit for the first time today, and I could tell that it was the real deal. Even though I pull sumo, it still hurts when I have to reach for the bar due to the suit squeezing from the hips down. I thought breathing would have been an issue due to the chest plate, but it didn't come to mind at all while I was lifting.

Prior to today, my best max was a 455 that was a total grind from the very beginning, and my best triple was a set with 405 that had me feeling like I was going to do. Well, I'll tell you straight up --this suit gives a great pop off the floor. I did 405 for a single and it came up lightning fast. Next single was 455, and that came up pretty fast too...felt like a heavy double. 475 was a no-go unfortunately, but I did make it about 6 inches off the floor thanks to the suit.

You can feel the spring that the Velocity gives you...it's definitely a deadlift suit that works. I'd imagine I'll be able to get even more out of the suit as I bulk up another 15-20 lbs. I wasn't able to PR with it, but that's because I haven't been doing rack pulls so that's what I need to switch my training off to next. Anyhow, the pop off this suit is great and I don't see a need to go double ply on a deadlift suit when I've got this...I'm a happy camper!

user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user25891 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Frank.S View Post

The rebound out of the hole is solid, I find it very predictable. Compared to the pro suit it is harder to use, around 1-2inches above depth the suit starts to bind up and it is necessary to really sit back and open up your knees. The suit will also try to ruin your arch, so you have to really force it in the hole.
    Are you arching your back when you tighten the straps down, or are you just standing there while they go up?

Jason

notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000)
    Equipment: squat suit
    Brand: metal viking v-type (ipf legal)
    Ply's: 1
    My Experience level in a Suite: intermediate (almost 4. 2 years in this suit)
    Suggested Experience Level: beginner
    Review:

first real squat suit that i bought. i've been using the same one for over two years now, every DE workout every week, and it still performs exceptionally well.

the suit doesn't give very much carryover when it's loose and needs to be snug to give a descent amount. adding a belt tightens this suit up a great degree and really makes it perform well.

i'm getting about 160lbs out of it as of today. that's after two years of constant use. i've only taken it in once, which was over one year ago.

very easy to hit depth in if you have good form and a wide stance ("westside" wide).

great suit for the money and the only reason that i won't give this suit a 10 is because i've found that a tighter suit will not give much more carryover than a snug suit.

i went from my beat up loose training suit to a brand new super tight suit and got maybe 5lbs more, which is a waste of money in my eyes. i should have stuck with the old suit.

don't get much out of it when i deadlift. 5lbs is the max.

notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000)
    Equipment: squat suit
    Brand: metal ace pro squatter
    Ply's: 2 in front. 3 in back
    My Experience level in a Suit: intermediate (almost 4. 2 years in this suit)
    Suggested Experience Level: intermediate
    Rating (1-10): 7
    Review:

there is a slight learning curve to this suit because it will completely lock up about 3" above parallel and no matter how much you flare or how much you push it, you won't go down. going down faster or dipping completely solves this and gives you a nice pop back up to where the suit locked up where you have to take over.

the straps are adjustable, which is a huge bonus and makes using the suit very easy.

the suit needs to fit you snugly to get the best carryover out of it. too loose and it won't give you much. too tight and it will screw up your form in the hole when you're struggling to reach depth.

where this suit really shines though is not in the squat but in the deadlift. the suit bottoms don't give you that much but when you really crank the straps down and seat it right it'll give you a ton. i get 80lbs - 90lbs out of mine in the deadlift.

Equipment: squat briefs
    Brand: metal ace pro briefs
    Ply's: 2 in front. 3 in back
    My Experience level in a Suit: intermediate (almost 4. 2 years in this suit)
    Suggested Experience Level: advanced
    Rating (1-10): 7
    Review:

pretty gangsta pair of briefs. i get about 170lbs of carryover out of my pair. they do wear out & loosen up very quickly, which is weird because my ace suit has lasted forever.

i'm rating these at the same level as the ace suit because they give great carryover by themselves but do not work very well with the ace suit. at least i have not been able to make them work very well. i am only getting ~270lbs out of the combination of ace on ace, which is the same as i was getting with a pair of worn out single ply briefs.

depth is not a problem if you use the little dip otherwise everything locks up just like with the ace.

Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Poppy83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I feel I'm at a point where I want a more advanced squat suit. I've been using a Z-suit since about last October or so. I'm looking at ordering an Inzer TRX. Does anyone on this board have any experience with the TRX? Would you suggest any other singe-ply Inzer suit over the TRX?

Also, would it make sense to order a suit with velcro straps? I'm leaning towards yes, but again, my suit experience is very limited.

I know some of you have had great experience with other brands, but i'm going to stick with Inzer for the time being. I've always used Inzer gear and my training partner is a distributor. Thanks.
    *MFC Illuminati*

*3-22-13*

Bump so it does not get lost. I want to order tomorrow, but I'd like my questions answered. Thanks.
    *MFC Illuminati*

*3-22-13*

Mensch Status Achieved samsuperjew's Avatar
    samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samsuperjew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    check plingwatch for used ones

Originally Posted by Sam94Chem View Post
    check plingwatch for used ones
    Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out, but I can get new Inzer stuff at a considerable discount if my training partner orders since he used to own a gym and is still a distributor.
    *MFC Illuminati*

*3-22-13*

my name isn't diana Diana Meeque's Avatar
    Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Poppy83 View Post
    I feel I'm at a point where I want a more advanced squat suit. I've been using a Z-suit since about last October or so. I'm looking at ordering an Inzer TRX. Does anyone on this board have any experience with the TRX? Would you suggest any other singe-ply Inzer suit over the TRX?

Also, would it make sense to order a suit with velcro straps? I'm leaning towards yes, but again, my suit experience is very limited.

I know some of you have had great experience with other brands, but i'm going to stick with Inzer for the time being. I've always used Inzer gear and my training partner is a distributor. Thanks.
    just so you know, if you get velcro straps you won't be able to use it in a single ply fed
    501, 302, 551; 1354 @ 181
    Hoss' Gym utube: youtube.com/hoss3644
    Mai utube: youtube.com/caa916

Originally Posted by Diana Meeque View Post
    just so you know, if you get velcro straps you won't be able to use it in a single ply fed
    That was my concern. It seems retarded that velcro would do that, but it's nice to have some confirmation from a knowledgeable source. So, no velcro straps for me. That sucks because I like the idea of them, but I'd hate to get a suit that I really cannot compete in.
    *MFC Illuminati*

*3-22-13*

my name isn't diana Diana Meeque's Avatar
    Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Poppy83 View Post
    That was my concern. It seems retarded that velcro would do that, but it's nice to have some confirmation from a knowledgeable source. So, no velcro straps for me. That sucks because I like the idea of them, but I'd hate to get a suit that I really cannot compete in.
    yeah i feel the same as you about it but apparently the velcro straps are considered double ply =/
    501, 302, 551; 1354 @ 181
    Hoss' Gym utube: youtube.com/hoss3644
    Mai utube: youtube.com/caa916