howelma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Training Twice A Day

Hello forum! I am wondering if training twice a day is a good idea or a recipe for disaster. I have a great diet; high protein, complex carbs and healthy fats. I also get around 10 hours a sleep daily as it is summer time. If I was to train twice a day it would probably go like this: Morning/Quads and Night/ Hamstring, calves. Or maybe Back in the morning and forearms and calves at night as I need to bring them up. Another example would be say Chest in the morning and calves and forearms at night. Would I benefit from doing it all in one session or by splitting it up? Thanks bye.

AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Some people here will swear that you are overtraining.

If you are getting adequate nutrition and rest, I don't see why not. Though from what I've heard about training twice a day, it is usually the same muscle groups with the morning sessions usually being a heavy session (1-5 reps), while the night sessions is usually a light session (8-15 reps), with each session being under 45 minutes.

BragginRightz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BragginRightz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BragginRightz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BragginRightz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BragginRightz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BragginRightz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BragginRightz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BragginRightz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BragginRightz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BragginRightz is on a distinguished road. (+10) BragginRightz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just train once a day hard.. like really not that hard.
    Current/Goal
    Bench - 275/30
    Squat - 380/400
    Deadlift - Haven't DL'd in awhile.

ajoshi91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi new to the forums. well not really been creepin for about a year and been a member for a few months.

I usually train on a five day split monday-friday doing one muscle group a day and I do train twice a day sometimes. Usually my actual workout in the mornings and then a light 15-20 min session at 50% for a pump and its been working for me. but depending on how you break your two session and how you are splitting up your routine it might be a bad idea. Ive been lifting for about 5 months and two weeks ago when i would go do my 15 min workout in the evenings i didnt realize i would hit my shoulders hardest and I ended up having a bad chest routine because my shoulders were fatigued all week.

So depending on how you do it just watch what you do and see how it feels.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by howelma View Post
    Would I benefit from doing it all in one session or by splitting it up? Thanks bye.
    If there were any advantage for natties to train on a double-split (weight training twice per day), everyone would be doing it. The fact is, hardly anyone (other than a few Pros) trains that way.

Pretty much all you'd be doing during the second session would be interrupting the recovery process brought on by the first session.

You can do some research right here on bbdotcom. Just browse through the 'workout journals' forum, and look at how the people with good-looking avatars and long-running journals are training. See how many of them weight train twice a day.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

howelma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    If there were any advantage for natties to train on a double-split (weight training twice per day), everyone would be doing it. The fact is, hardly anyone (other than a few Pros) trains that way.

Pretty much all you'd be doing during the second session would be interrupting the recovery process brought on by the first session
    You can do some research right here on bbdotcom. Just browse through the 'workout journals' forum, and look at how the people with good-looking avatars and long-running journals are training. See how many of them weight train twice a day.
    Yeah now that I think about it logically it does make sense, i am natural and it would probably lead to overtraining, I think ill stick with one a day training, thanks man.