Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    I R confused on the lb for lb thing too.

The way I ran my squat comp was whoever got the best lift in his/her weight class won.

Plain and simple.

Exactly, that's how it's done in the real world
    If you never get OUT of it.....you'll never have to "get back into it"

*STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I R confused on the lb for lb thing too.

The way I ran my squat comp was whoever got the best lift in his/her weight class won.

Plain and simple.
    See below , from page 2 of the squat comp ... I knew I asked but regardless ...

Originally Posted by Nikonguy View Post
    Ok, what determines the "winner" in a weight class?

Highest PR?
    Largest Gain?

....and don't tell me this is one of those "everybody gets a trophy" deals
    Correct. Biggest lift takes it.

Same as the deadlift comp. Bodyweight is honor system, but all qualifyying lifts must have a decent vid as outlined in the first post.

-=FLEX=-
    Originally Posted by *STEVE* View Post
    biggest lift in weight class period regardless of bw or lb for lb over bw ( like the deadlift comp ) ???
    guessin the "same as deadlift comp" threw me ...

Originally Posted by groink View Post
    "ironing out" ??

as usual, whenever there is a contest...Steve comes in and pushes for "LB for LB" so he can win, or do very well.

I'm not saying he isn't strong for his size, he is....but it's obvious what his intentions are....to me, anyway

as far as the "hate"....he's the most obnoxious person here, surely he can handle a couple of shots himself , i would think
    stop assumin sh!t and claiming to know what my "intentions" are cause your wrong. Im simply trying to figure out what the rules are , period , end of discussion.

themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "ironing out" ??

as usual, whenever there is a contest...Steve comes in and pushes for "LB for LB" so he can win, or do very well.

I'm not saying he isn't strong for his size, he is....but it's obvious what his intentions are....to me, anyway

as far as the "hate"....he's the most obnoxious person here, surely he can handle a couple of shots himself , i would think
    Well to be fair to Steve we decided on a lb for lb before we ever posted a contest dead thread back when it happened. We were smack talking in a thread and we came up with this for rules to be fair as I had like 30lbs on Steve at the time.

I think the real intention was to kick my butt anyway in the beg but it pushed a lot of people to hit PR's. All it did for me was show me that my ego is big and strong but my back is not.
    Resident smart arse and grammar fool....instagram: heartandfitness

Open Heart Surgery on May 26, 2012. My life goal is to educate and inspire other heart patients. Medical study for new heart patient drugs to start in January 2013. If you have a family history of heart disease please get your blood tested ASAP and your kids. It could save their life.

groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) groink has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by fitmom43 View Post
    You have the option of not participating.

The comp threads are off limits on hate and flaming. Like I said smack talk all you want. we are not going to chit all over the Squat/DL/Bench Comp Threads. People make significant gains in here and work hard.
    Agreed, they are great motivation for these guys to make progress.

But If you can't see exactly what he's doing you are blind. it's not even his contest but he's trying to make the rules in his favor.....

fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Agreed, they are great motivation for these guys to make progress.

But If you can't see exactly what he's doing you are blind. it's not even his contest but he's trying to make the rules in his favor.....
    You have stated your opinion, since this is Wayne's thread it is up to him to state the rules so everyone is on the same page.

Either join the comp or move on. At this point you are just baiting and looking for an argument, which btw is not allowed. Thank you!

[QUOTE=*STEVE*;717134431

stop assumin sh!t and claiming to know what my "intentions" are cause your wrong. Im simply trying to figure out what the rules are , period , end of discussion.[/QUOTE]

LOLOL...tell your lies to someone who will believe them....if you've bragged about your "pound for pound" strength once you've done it a million times.

So you have NO PROBLEM...and YOUR"E IN...if it's NOT "pound for pound" then ??

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    guessin the "same as deadlift comp" threw me ...
    I said "biggest lift takes it"

Never said anything about pound for pound.

I thought that's how you ran your comp too. Hence why I was confused about you sayin I could have won the 241+ class.....
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

*STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    LOLOL...tell your lies to someone who will believe them....if you've bragged about your "pound for pound" strength once you've done it a million times.

So you have NO PROBLEM...and YOUR"E IN...if it's NOT "pound for pound" then ??

Im in regardless of lb for lb , plain ol weight classes or if you divid us into classes by race , color , creed , height , eye color or what flavor cel tek you prefer ....

Originally Posted by themyth2009 View Post
    Well to be fair to Steve we decided on a lb for lb before we ever posted a contest dead thread back when it happened. We were smack talking in a thread and we came up with this for rules to be fair as I had like 30lbs on Steve at the time.

I think the real intention was to kick my butt anyway in the beg but it pushed a lot of people to hit PR's. All it did for me was show me that my ego is big and strong but my back is not.
    everyone gained from that comp so it was and still is win win for teh ov35

your wrong , let it go bub ...

I thought that's how you ran your comp too. Hence why I was confused about you sayin I could have won the 241+ class.....
    you thought wrong , maybe you need to re read the OP of both the deadlift comp threads ....

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe I'm a day late (as usual) but I thought the pound for pound thing was in the event of a tie within the class and that's it. Otherwise, the biggest lift won it, period.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

-=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mslman71 View Post
    Maybe I'm a day late (as usual) but I thought the pound for pound thing was in the event of a tie within the class and that's it. Otherwise, the biggest lift won it, period.
    This is what I thought too.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Pound for pound is not used in real lifting competitions (OL'ing or PL'ing) because the relationship between size and strength is not linear.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I said "biggest lift takes it"

Never said anything about pound for pound.

I was aware, but it never seemed to come up when determining the winners. I guess it kinda fell by the wayside

Originally Posted by mslman71 View Post
    as for the deadlift comp it was/is and always was lb for lb , whoever pulls the most over bw in each weight class takes it per the OP of BOTH deadlift comp threads. it was discussed at length , if someone didnt "get that" then they need to re read the deadlift comp rules.

This aint my comp and like I said Im in regardless of whatever the fuk the rules are ... that said if a 140 lb guy presses xxx and I press the same thats not a win in my book but w/e my bench sucks ass and im only here to try n beat out wayne anyways

Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    Pound for pound is not used in real lifting competitions (OL'ing or PL'ing) because the relationship between size and strength is not linear.
    Thank you....that's why you don't see 225 lb gymnasts

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    as for the deadlift comp it was/is and always was lb for lb , whoever pulls the most over bw in each weight class takes it per the OP of BOTH deadlift comp threads. it was discussed at length , if someone didnt "get that" then they need to re read the deadlift comp rules.

Hey, I'm cool with whatever. My power to weight sucks so it probably won't matter in the end. I'll contribute what I have and let you guys sort it all out!
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Who really gives a fck anyway its not like this is life or death. Get some lifts up then debate who wins

Open Heart Surgery on May 26, 2012. My life goal is to educate and inspire other heart patients. Medical study for new heart patient drugs to start in January 2013. If you have a family history of heart disease please get your blood tested ASAP and your kids. It could save their life.

CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What the heck guess I can throw my hat in the ring. First I may have to learn how to post a video, that may have me eliminated before I even start.
    Semper Fi.

Just play the cards you are dealt and STFU.

if someone didnt "get that" then they need to re read the deadlift comp rules.
    I did go re-read the rules, and that's what they state. I read it wrong, I guess.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Who really gives a fck anyway its not like this is life or death. Get some lifts up then debate who wins

You would think so....but then i don't post my best lifts, and my bodyweight for said lift....in my sig line

I did go re-read the rules, and that's what they state. I read it wrong, I guess.

What a shock...

What a shock...
    This was not nice. You hurted my feelings.

Why u do dis?

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lulz....wtf happened up in here.

I got in to try and improve in an area where i used to excel but now lag. Good luck to all and may whatever amount you lift demonstrate a great improvement. Props to those that posted up vids, some excellent efforts.

Still in, whether i win or lose!

was always whover pulls the most over bw wins that class ... says it in bot original posts

What a shock...
    This was not nice. You hurted my feelings.

Why u do dis?
    lulz

So can we get a ruling on wtf the rules are exactly gonna be wayne ????

socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000)

Easy peasy.............post up your best bench vid

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Lord have mercy....

Fine. Since I started the thread I'll make the final ruling.

Classes will be won by BEST LIFT (total lbs pressed).

In the event of a tie, the winner will be the lifter with the lower BW.

Inserted into 1st post. Case Closed.

Hopefully now we can get some more vids in here rather than pages of bickering.

Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    Lord have mercy....

Fine. Since I started the thread I'll make the final ruling.

Classes will be won by BEST LIFT (total lbs pressed).

In the event of a tie, the winner will be the lifter with the lower BW.

Inserted into 1st post. Case Closed.

Good deal , easy enough ....

Hopefully now we can get some more vids in here rather than pages of bickering.
    my haters like to argue and go on and on ... but you already know that dont ya waynebro

nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Good deal , easy enough ....

my haters like to argue and go on and on ... but you already know that dont ya waynebro
    I'll take a page out of your book and say..... "Either post a lift or GTFO out of the thread".

CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll take a page out of your book and say..... "Either post a lift or GTFO out of the thread".
    I was waiting for this! Sounds like my job, try to make everyone happy and all you get is bitching.
    Semper Fi.

Just play the cards you are dealt and STFU.

Thats kinda my point , now you know what its like havin tard tastic bs goin on in your comp thread , wasnt brought by me but I guess one of my haters is good enough ... with that said I AM IN and ill get a vid up next chest day or the one after.

I joined this bench comp ( my weakest lift ) are you gonna man up and join the deadlift comp ? ( srs)

Thats kinda my point , now you know what its like havin tard tastic bs goin on in your comp thread , wasnt brought by me but I guess one of my haters is good enough ... with that said I AM IN and ill get a vid up next chest day or the one after.

I joined this bench comp ( my weakest lift ) are you gonna man up and join the deadlift comp ? ( srs)
    Probably. I posted a vid in the Squat comp and in this one so it only makes sense to do all 3.

I made my own thread a couple weeks back when I pulled 405 for the first time.... not sure if I'll get that again (when I go tomorrow) but we'll see how it goes.