Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    SOVEREIGNNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

--- 9 Week Bench Routine ---

Trying to bring my pressing numbers up. Hopefully this well help me practice form and bring me closer to a 225 bench.

Height: 5'8
    Weight: 12 lbs
    Bench: 190 x 3
    Press: 130 x 3

Benching shall commence the 2nd:

from http://www.bigcat844.com/bench-workout.html -->

Printable Version Of The 9 Week Program

Mike Macenko's House Of Swing

Week 1
    Monday ...........................Thursday
    60% of max x 8 reps...............60% of max x 8 reps
    75% of max x 6 reps...............75% of max x 6 reps
    80% of max x 4 sets of 5 reps.....80% of max x 3 sets of 5 reps
    75% of max x 5 reps...............75% of max x 5 reps
    ..................................75% of max x 5 reps

Week 2
    60% of max x 8 reps ..............60% of max x 8 reps
    75% of max x 6 reps ..............75% of max x 6 reps
    80% of max x 5 reps ..............80% of max x 5 reps
    85% of max x 3 sets of 4 reps.....85% of max x 2 sets of 4 reps
    80% of max x max reps ............80% of max x max reps
    ..................................75% of max x max reps

Week 3
    Monday............................Thursday
    60% of max x8 reps ...............60% of max x 8 reps
    85% of max x 3 sets of 4 reps.....85% of max x 2 sets of 4 reps
    80% of max x max reps ............80% of max x max reps

..................................80% of max x max reps
    Week 4
    60% of max x 8 reps ..............60% of max x 8 reps
    85% of max x 4 reps .............85% of max x 4 reps
    90% of max x 2 sets of 3 reps.....90% of max x max reps
    90% of max x max reps ............80% of max x max reps
    ..................................75% of max x max reps

Week 5
    60% of max x 8 reps ...............60% of max x 8 reps
    75% of max x 6 reps ...............75% of max x 6 reps
    85% of max x 4 reps ...............85% of max x 4 reps
    90% of max x 3 sets of 3 reps .....90% of max x 2 sets of 3 reps
    80% of max x max reps .............80% of max x max reps
    ...................................80% of max x max reps

Week 6
    Monday.............................Thursday
    90% of max x 3 reps ...............90% of max x 2 sets of 3 reps
    92% of max x max reps .............85% of max x max reps
    85% of max x max reps .............80% of max x max reps
    80% of max x max reps ..................................

Week 7
    90% of max x 3 reps ...............90% of max x 3 reps
    95% of max x 2 sets of 3 reps .....92% of max x 2 reps
    80% of max x max reps .............95% of max x 2 reps
    ...................................85% of max x max reps

Week 8
    90% of max x 3 reps ...............90% of max x 3 reps
    92% of max x 2 reps ...............95% of max x 2 reps
    95% of max x max ..................90% of max x max
    85% of max x max .....................................

After you have completed the 8 weeks on this program, for the 9th week go back and do your old workout program on the bench. I want you to peak out on Monday and do the same thing on Thursday. After you have completed this course you should see some incredible gains.

Back To Mighty Mike Macenko's House Of Swing 9 Week Bench Routine

SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well OP was banned until the 9th, so I shall be posting workouts from this account instead.

Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In for this this!

Complicated set up, but it seems good.

What's your goal for bench after the program?

Or wait, 225, right ?
    450/330/540 raw

OHP: 235
    Fat, no tan.
    Studying for my MBA.

SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SOVEREIGNN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gesou View Post
    In for this this!

Complicated set up, but it seems good.

What's your goal for bench after the program?

Or wait, 225, right ?
    Wow, I didn't expect to have anyone follow me! Thank you guy, nice to have you in here. Yes, I plan to hit 225+. Pretty pumped.

Nine Week Bench Routine
    Week 1 / Day 1

bar x 8
    120 x 8
    150 x 6
    160 x 5(x4)
    150 x 5

Notes:
    Pretty great to be honest. Didn't wear myself too much and the rests were short as well - maybe 1:00-1:30 or so. Next bench session in a few days, either on Thursday or Friday. I didn't go yesterday because i felt i needed two days off. Uh oh... this program isn't gonna work then! He he
    Last edited by SOVEREIGNN; 01-02-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gesou is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SOVEREIGNN View Post
    I didn't go yesterday because i felt i needed two days off. Uh oh... this program isn't gonna work then! He he

But you only bench 2x a week

explainthisbull****.jpg

Oh and seemed like a good workout, any PRs?
    450/330/540 raw

Fat, no tan.
    Studying for my MBA.

But you only bench 2x a week

explainthisbull****.jpg

Oh and seemed like a good workout, any PRs?
    Stop making fun of me!!

Yes, I had some PR's, but this log is solely for my benching progress. I have a journal on another site anyway but felt like I should track my this program by itself to look back on later. Heh. Don't worry, week three is when I will be hitting PR's every session (srs). Next week may also be a PR week, because I have will 160 x max reps on my last set. Anything over 6 would be a PR. I smell good progress happening.

Thanks for stopping by man!! Sorry for having this log so boring...:/ What's your bench at? I'll check out your log, too!

racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000)
    this looks way too complex for what you're moving
    "on the bech press i usually start off with 205 doing it 5 times then once i ad my usual extra 5 pounds on i can barely do it twice. How can i increase my chest cardio? so i can rep heavy weight easier" -dc1992hp

come by and check out my log. I'm racing to a 275x5 bench and 185x3 strict press with comps.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141680751

*** MISC Strength Crew ***

Originally Posted by racketteer View Post

May I ask why?

Oh, and to OP, as you can see in my signature, my bench is at 205, as of two weeks ago, I am racing this weak fuk called Markus Bacon to 225. Boy's gonna get his rear end kicked........
    Last edited by Gesou; 01-02-2011 at 06:17 PM.
    450/330/540 raw

Fat, no tan.
    Studying for my MBA.

Key word: looks. It's only benching 2x per week, man. Nothing more than having me switch my routine up to benching from 1x to 2x per week. The only difference is that this is a set rep/set range that I would never follow unless I had a reason to do so.

vvvv What below user said also vvvv
    May I ask why?

Oh, and to OP, as you can see in my signature, my bench is at 205, as of two weeks ago

I am sorry, I didn't realize. Haha. Hey, that weak fukk is going to beat your scrawny little ass, jus' sayin'. You may get 225 before me, but within 9 weeks I should be (possibly) repping it out.

All hate aside, If I ever say anything that sounds (looks) mean, I don't mean it. I <3 you.

Whatever makes you sleep at night......

Haha

Lol jk, disgunbclose.
    450/330/540 raw

Fat, no tan.
    Studying for my MBA.

racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000)
    May I ask why?

Oh, and to OP, as you can see in my signature, my bench is at 205, as of two weeks ago, I am racing this weak fuk called Markus Bacon to 225. Boy's gonna get his rear end kicked........
    the weights seem very light because of the percentages and volume he is doing. I think he'd be able to get his bench up faster with a maximal effort 5x5 type of workout but that's just my opinion
    "on the bech press i usually start off with 205 doing it 5 times then once i ad my usual extra 5 pounds on i can barely do it twice. How can i increase my chest cardio? so i can rep heavy weight easier" -dc1992hp

come by and check out my log. I'm racing to a 275x5 bench and 185x3 strict press with comps.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141680751

*** MISC Strength Crew ***

the weights seem very light because of the percentages and volume he is doing. I think he'd be able to get his bench up faster with a maximal effort 5x5 type of workout but that's just my opinion
    Thanks for the input brah. I see where you're coming from. I'll finish this out and see where it takes me, though.

9 WEEK BENCH ROUTINE
    WEEK 1 / DAY 2

Bench
    bar x 6
    115 x 8 was supposed to be 120
    160 x 5(x3)
    150 x 5
    150 x 6 was supposed to do this before 160

Lol, massive fail right there. Didn't help I felt weak as a mother, either. Wasn't even going to lift today but my friends dragged me into the weight room before soccer practice.

Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000)
    May I ask why?

i see there no whooping me in there,cause ill catch yall.You guys's be hatin cause i havent maxed in a month.
    320/265/370

Don't get discouraged, just one bad day, you've got what, 16 more days of benching before this thing is over, it'll be fine

(If you stop being a wuss and start eating, that is........)
    450/330/540 raw

Fat, no tan.
    Studying for my MBA.

Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000) Foxr32 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't get discouraged, just one bad day, you've got what, 16 more days of benching before this thing is over, it'll be fine

(If you stop being a wuss and start eating, that is........)
    your moms a wuss.......how much you weigh bro
    320/265/370

Originally Posted by Foxr32 View Post
    your moms a wuss.......how much you weigh bro

Lol, wasn't calling you a wuss, actually kind of wasn't calling op a wuss neither, just slight trolling/messing with him.......

Honestly, have no idea, no weight in the house, nor in the schools weight room.

Considering I am 5'11 and have gotten so much stronger and my legs are soon to be too big for every pair of shorts and pants I have, I would guess somewhere between 165 and 175.
    Still kind of lean-ish, can see top four abs ok.
    450/330/540 raw

Fat, no tan.
    Studying for my MBA.

Lol, wasn't calling you a wuss, actually kind of wasn't calling op a wuss neither, just slight trolling/messing with him.......

Honestly, have no idea, no weight in the house, nor in the schools weight room.

Considering I am 5'11 and have gotten so much stronger and my legs are soon to be too big for every pair of shorts and pants I have, I would guess somewhere between 165 and 175.
    Still kind of lean-ish, can see top four abs ok.
    almost exact same as me -5lbs
    320/265/370

Lol, thanks guys.

Yeah, I ran 2miles and played soccer for an hour or so. Gonna eat a lot. Time to read Tale of Two Cities... damnnit. Someone give me motivation for this :/

Originally Posted by SOVEREIGNN View Post
    Lol, thanks guys.

Yeah, I ran 2miles and played soccer for an hour or so. Gonna eat a lot. Time to read Tale of Two Cities... damnnit. Someone give me motivation for this :/

The smarter you get now, the richer you'll end up being. The richer you end up being, the more you get to enjoy a female organ which is pink on the inside when you're older.
    450/330/540 raw

Fat, no tan.
    Studying for my MBA.

reading sucks.Thats your motivation.
    320/265/370

Nine Week Bench Routine
    3/18

Bench
    Bar x 8
    120 x 8
    150 x 6
    160 x 5
    170 x 4(x3)
    160 x 8.75 AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible)

Felt like a pussay today. I expected a huge bench increase because of my squat skyrocketing but I guess not, LOL. Oh well, I still completed every last rep, which is all that matters.

This isn't me, but these are kinda what my reps looked like lolw0t
    Last edited by SOVEREIGNN; 01-10-2011 at 06:59 PM.

strong white

By the way, the person that isn't you, has a very good bench technique, I am swure you could learn a thing or two from him.
    450/330/540 raw

Fat, no tan.
    Studying for my MBA.

baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    strong white

By the way, the person that isn't you, has a very good bench technique, I am swure you could learn a thing or two from him.
    Hahahaha maybe... I know him pretty well so maybe I should ask him a tip or two sometime. Guy is pretty damn nice so we'll see.
    live.laugh.lift

BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500) BHillz is not very helpful. (-500)
    That kid's pretty red in the face while benching.

baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BHillz View Post
    That kid's pretty red in the face while benching.

He's kind of a QT π isn't he?
    live.laugh.lift

Originally Posted by baco_bacon View Post

He's kind of a QT π isn't he?

Mind = Blown at how you wrote that upside down U thing.
    450/330/540 raw

Fat, no tan.
    Studying for my MBA.

Mind = Blown at how you wrote that upside down U thing.
    I'm magical.
    live.laugh.lift

lolwut I failed up thurr ^^^^

Nine Week Bench Routine
    Workout 4/18

Bench
    w/u
    120 x 8
    150 x 6
    160 x 5
    170 x 4(x2)
    160 x 9 PR! AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible)
    150 x 7 AMRAP

Notes
    Great stuff!!! Lifted in the morning with the football team. Hardly enough time to just bench because of all the people but I still nailed out solid sets. Technically, everything is 5lbs heavier than I wrote, but I minus 5lbs because I use the 50lb bars at my YMCA more frequently.
    Last edited by SOVEREIGNN; 01-14-2011 at 06:04 AM.