Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2320
    IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IroncraftP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great log, making amazing progress, I look forward to following!
    https://www.instagram.com/ironcraft_physiques/

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FallenAngel80 View Post
    Omg that's amazing! It's so heart-warming when people do things out of the goodness of their heart
    It really is, she didn't know so much as my first name when she offered. I'm making a thank you card on one of the papers she sent (it's perfect card size), already drew it out, just gotta fix it a little then (after some practice with the paints) get it all colored.
    Originally Posted by IroncraftP View Post
    Great log, making amazing progress, I look forward to following!
    Thanks...

(ETA: Anyone else think it's weird this exact same post is in multiple journals?)
    ----
    So those nutrabio samples came in, and they're like legit sample sizes this time. Jay will have to take my word for it on whether they're worth trying himself. They sent a whey sample too, which I'm not here for, but it is what it is. It's one packet, and tbh I still haven't worked through all of my last promo whey. It's matcha though, and I have no frame of reference for that. I've heard of it, but it doesn't sound like a protein shake flavor. We'll see. "
    Last edited by LunaLifts; 01-14-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fullbody - Deadlifts/Pendlays - Home

Pre: Bw squats, back stretches

Sumo Deadlifts
    137lbs x 3
    157lbs x 3
    167lbs x 1
    177lbs x 1
    167lbs x 1

Pendlay Rows
    102lbs x 5
    107lbs x 5
    107lbs x 5
    107lbs x 5

Front Squats
    52lbs x 10
    52lbs x 10
    52lbs x 10

DB Shoulder Press
    20lbs x 13
    20lbs x 11
    20lbs x 8

Core
    120 Reps

Deads went much better this week, everything did really. Managed one at 177 but was pretty gassed, so I went back to 167 for my last. FS did well, still some lingering cold, so I ended up coughing from them. It was a smart move not to do them last week.

Started higher on rows, because I figured I could, and it looks like next week I'll probably start at 107.

The dragonfruit flavor for the nutrabio pre and intra was really, really good. Intra was a little strong, I started with half a serving in my bi shaker, and it was diluted enough for me. Since I only needed half, I'll save the rest for later so Jay can have a glug to see if he likes the flavor. The pre was solid af, so if he likes the taste I'd recommend it for him. Depending on the PPS (checked, and it's $2 per serving, which is ok for me, because honestly half a scoop would work, but just because I could use it at $1/serving, it still feels too pricey for a pre).

PWO has 6g of cirtruline per serving so that's some great pumpage, and it gave me a good boost of energy. I don't drink coffee before my workouts now, because I take forever drinking it, and I prefer to workout early so it's nice to have something else for that kick in the pants.

ETA: Tried watercoloring today, need to stay in the lines better. Pic quality is poor, so the colors don't look at great as they do irl.

Attached Images
    Last edited by LunaLifts; 01-14-2019 at 01:57 PM.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great job on the deadlifts! Yeah usually when I'm getting over a cold anything and everything causes me to go into a coughing fit. Move too fast jogging to the kitchen to grab some beef jerky - coughing for 20 minutes. Sounds like your sickness is almost over though.

Lol'd at the use of "pumpage" and the BLEP on your cat.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow, your watercolor is really solid! I dig the illustrative style you've got going on, as well--it has personality. I find watercolor to be one of the most difficult media because it's so unforgiving and exacting. It bleeds, you can't correct mistakes... good job, srs.

Nice lifting, too. You've been very consistent. Your rows are killer and deadlifts getting up there too. I don't usually like to go over 175 myself and my max is 245.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ooo Those are fun. Great deadlifts and rows too. That's some solid lifting you've got going on there.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Great job on the deadlifts! Yeah usually when I'm getting over a cold anything and everything causes me to go into a coughing fit. Move too fast jogging to the kitchen to grab some beef jerky - coughing for 20 minutes. Sounds like your sickness is almost over though.

Lol'd at the use of "pumpage" and the BLEP on your cat.
    Yep, just some leftover mucus taking it's time leaving. At least I didn't get as sick as Jay, or as long (he's still not over his entirely, it's been about three weeks).

Glad I could provide some lols, the cat was something I drew up fast so my first practice wouldn't be on the stuff I cared more about. It turned out well though, considering the fan in the living room was drying the watercolor too fast (I could have fixed this sooner, but I'm lazy).

Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    Wow, your watercolor is really solid! I dig the illustrative style you've got going on, as well--it has personality. I find watercolor to be one of the most difficult media because it's so unforgiving and exacting. It bleeds, you can't correct mistakes... good job, srs.

Nice lifting, too. You've been very consistent. Your rows are killer and deadlifts getting up there too. I don't usually like to go over 175 myself and my max is 245.
    Thanks! I think my style has been coming together a bit more recently, which would make sense since I'm finally drawing enough to develop it. lol. I may not be able to correct mistakes with watercolor, but in some instances the slips blend in just enough to not be super noticeable. I do need to work on keeping my hand steady though.

And thanks, I think you could have a good max DL pull if you tried. You're a naturally strong squatter, but you could pull some heavy deads too. Just gotta get past the mental barrier, and maybe have a second eye to watch your form if it'd make you feel safer. Unlike other lifts, you can always just drop it.

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    ooo Those are fun. Great deadlifts and rows too. That's some solid lifting you've got going on there.
    Thanks, my upper back is letting me know precisely how awesome my rows were yesterday, lol.

---
    Goal Stuffs:
    I decided to tweak one of my 2019 goals. I didn't know a solid Spanish goal to set, so I went with the very vague goal of "keep learning Spanish" which I didn't love as a goal, because there's no clear achievement. I could learn five more words, and technically that would be as much of a completion as learning 500. I don't want to set a daily goal, because I don't want to stack two daily goals on each other at once. So I decided to complete up to level 4 on my Duolingo tree (all five levels for all the skills up to that point), which is right at that sweet spot of it's doable, but not without putting in pretty consistent effort (~10 lessons for at least 300 days of the year).

Daily drawing is actually getting easier, not harder. I thought at first I'd have a bunch of ideas, and do a lot of sketching, and drawing, then start to struggle with what I wanted to do after the first couple weeks. It's been the opposite, at first I had to think of things ahead of time, and would just do a few little doodle-drawings. Now I'm picking up my sketchbook a lot more, and even if I don't have an idea, I just start something, and figure it out. It's been really awesome, and as long as I don't break a hand I can see me easily drawing every day this year.

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Thanks, my upper back is letting me know precisely how awesome my rows were yesterday, lol.

---
    Goal Stuffs:
    I decided to tweak one of my 2019 goals. I didn't know a solid Spanish goal to set, so I went with the very vague goal of "keep learning Spanish" which I didn't love as a goal, because there's no clear achievement. I could learn five more words, and technically that would be as much of a completion as learning 500. I don't want to set a daily goal, because I don't want to stack two daily goals on each other at once. So I decided to complete up to level 4 on my Duolingo tree (all five levels for all the skills up to that point), which is right at that sweet spot of it's doable, but not without putting in pretty consistent effort (~10 lessons for at least 300 days of the year).

Daily drawing is actually getting easier, not harder. I thought at first I'd have a bunch of ideas, and do a lot of sketching, and drawing, then start to struggle with what I wanted to do after the first couple weeks. It's been the opposite, at first I had to think of things ahead of time, and would just do a few little doodle-drawings. Now I'm picking up my sketchbook a lot more, and even if I don't have an idea, I just start something, and figure it out. It's been really awesome, and as long as I don't break a hand I can see me easily drawing every day this year.

Ah, yeah I'm feeling my arms a bit today from yesterday's session.

Sound like good ideas on the goals. They do say it's better to have a goal that is more specific instead of vague. I always forget about duolingo. I have the app thing on my tablet but don't use the tablet much so never remember cause it would help if I knew more than one language.

Great the drawing is going well. Makes sense that once it's a part of the habit you things feel a little easier. I'm trying to get back with the writing so hoping to get easier over time, though have a weekly goal instead of daily.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Fullbody - Accessories - Home

Pre: BW Squats, Back Stretches

Hip Thrusts
    147lbs x 12
    147lbs x 12
    147lbs x 12
    147lbs x 11

Split Squats
    67lbs x 8
    67lbs x 8
    67lbs x 8
    67lbs x 8

Push Ups
    x 7 (amrap)

Hammer Curls
    20lbs x 10/10
    20lbs x 8/8
    20lbs x 7/7

Tricep Overhead Ext
    20lbs x 12/12
    20lbs x 11/11
    20lbs x 9/9

Core
    120 Reps

Man, I was having a pretty chit morning, I was feeling quite emotional and as you can imagine I didn't feel up to working out. Glad I made myself get this done, because I needed it. Upped the weight on split squats, squeezed out a couple more push ups this week and they looked better too, and decided to keep hammer curls in for awhile. For tricep extensions I did them all back to back. Left arm, then right arm, and repeat. Had some ugly looking reps by the time I was done, lol.

Sound like good ideas on the goals. They do say it's better to have a goal that is more specific instead of vague. I always forget about duolingo. I have the app thing on my tablet but don't use the tablet much so never remember cause it would help if I knew more than one language.
    I like it, because it's a long term goal with built in short term goals. I like the computer version better, only because I heard that you have to use the word bank on mobile, you can't type out sentences. It makes it a bit harder to commit to memory if your taping the words instead of typing out the whole sentence, like it takes a bit longer so it sticks more, if that makes sense.
    A lot of people are vocal about that, so they may change it eventually. Of course, it's still quite useful, it's an easy format to use, and the lessons are brief enough to squeeze them into your day. I want to get pretty good at Spanish, but wouldn't mind using duo for a bit of other languages too. One step at a time though, lol.

There's a lot of benefit to knowing languages, it's good for your brain, it helps you connect with people, and it looks pretty good on a job application.

Great the drawing is going well. Makes sense that once it's a part of the habit you things feel a little easier. I'm trying to get back with the writing so hoping to get easier over time, though have a weekly goal instead of daily.
    Yeah, I do get a little hung up still, since there's a lot I've avoided because it was difficult, so sometimes I really get stuck without a reference. The more I do work with references, and get experience with hands, feet, foreshadowing, etc, the easier it'll come to me. I've done a good job of not getting so frustrated and defeated about those things though.

Makes sense to have weekly goals, you're pretty busy. I'm fortunate right now to have so much time I can use to draw, at some point (hopefully more sooner than later) I will have less free time, but if I can squeeze in a single doodle I can hit that goal.

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Upped the weight on split squats, squeezed out a couple more push ups this week and they looked better too, and decided to keep hammer curls in for awhile.
    On the rare occasion I do curls, I like to alternate regular and hammer to hit all the angles, and usually in the 12-15 rep range and 4 sets (2+2) so I still get a decent volume of each variation.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

Fullbody - Squats/OHP - Home

Pre: Back stretches, BW squats

Squats
    77lbs x 3
    87lbs x 3
    97lbs x 3
    107lbs x 2
    107lbs x 0

OHP
    72lbs x 0
    62lbs x 3
    62lbs x 3
    62lbs x 2
    62lbs x 1

BB Rows
    77lbs x 8
    77lbs x 8
    77lbs x 8

RDLs
    107lbs x 8
    107lbs x 8
    107lbs x 8

Core:
    100 Reps

- Squats, obviously, wow. Stars were aligned for this session. Form felt really solid on all sets, even 107. It wasn't maybe I got depth, I did. Didn't quite get another one, but that's alright. On the first four sets my back was a-ok, so I was able to just squat, those slow descents I usually have to do clearly fluff me up.

- Felt cocky, tried for 72, obviously didn't make it. I knew I wouldn't get any reps at 67 after trying to get that up.

- Rows went up in weight, and RDLs felt hard af... then I realized they should. Last time they were the first exercise I did.

- Skipped my plank, by the time I was done pushing though everything, and how much RDLs aggravated my rare early onset migraine, I figured I'd do my other core work, stretch, and be done. And no I wasn't working out with a crazy bad migraine, I took my meds for it, and they work quite well, just some exercises don't agree with it, meds or not.

I don't know exactly where everyone in here is from, but for everyone on the East coast getting the chit weather this weekend, stay off the roads if at all possible when they're at their worse. Stay warm, be prepared, keep checking the weather because it'll adjust a couple hundred more times. I'll be huddling in my blankets, drawing, and hopefully enjoying a drink or five.
    Stay safe!

Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    On the rare occasion I do curls, I like to alternate regular and hammer to hit all the angles, and usually in the 12-15 rep range and 4 sets (2+2) so I still get a decent volume of each variation.
    Nice! I only do a bicep, and a tricep specific exercise 1x a week. Not looking for big gains there, and they already get worked with my other lifts, so I just do it for strength, and fun. Sometimes it's heavy bar work (bar curls and french press), sometimes it's dumbbell work a little higher volume, it's an easy way to switch things up a little without changing your program a lot.

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Always good to be a little cocky from time to time. Its good for the disposition even though you did not hit the mark. Just the gumption of trying is the thing.

We here where I live in Michigan have been very lucky this year concerning the weather. All the badness is just missing us to the south. We may get a few inches but that aint nothing. Definitely a good opportunity for you guys in the east to hole up if you can.
    Last edited by phoenix4444; 01-18-2019 at 03:59 PM.
    *Trying to stay sane and get back to avi status.

shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey, working on the squat! I'm always scared to try new maxes, but at least with the squat there are safety bars, so it isn't too bad to ditch.

I'm sorry about your migraine. Feel better.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

I like it, because it's a long term goal with built in short term goals. I like the computer version better, only because I heard that you have to use the word bank on mobile, you can't type out sentences. It makes it a bit harder to commit to memory if your taping the words instead of typing out the whole sentence, like it takes a bit longer so it sticks more, if that makes sense.
    A lot of people are vocal about that, so they may change it eventually. Of course, it's still quite useful, it's an easy format to use, and the lessons are brief enough to squeeze them into your day. I want to get pretty good at Spanish, but wouldn't mind using duo for a bit of other languages too. One step at a time though, lol.

There's a lot of benefit to knowing languages, it's good for your brain, it helps you connect with people, and it looks pretty good on a job application.

Yeah, I do get a little hung up still, since there's a lot I've avoided because it was difficult, so sometimes I really get stuck without a reference. The more I do work with references, and get experience with hands, feet, foreshadowing, etc, the easier it'll come to me. I've done a good job of not getting so frustrated and defeated about those things though.

Makes sense to have weekly goals, you're pretty busy. I'm fortunate right now to have so much time I can use to draw, at some point (hopefully more sooner than later) I will have less free time, but if I can squeeze in a single doodle I can hit that goal.

Ahh yeah, the ipad version has tap the word instead of type but with the audio on get to hear the words, which can help to some degree. It is nice to have a large goal that has the smaller steps to help build up towards success.

The weekly goal is probably better. I can write often times to reach it but if don't write every single day it's okay. Have those days where it's hard to get much done like when I work close then open the next day. Still gives me enough that I can get stuff done often, which is what I need right now, to get some stuff done. Only challenge is the weekly activity requires entering contests on the site, so can be a struggle as need to work on the novels too, which don't work as a whole since word count limits though I can write scenes from them for some of the weeks.

Nice work on the squats. Do you just go to the working weight on the press or have warm ups leading up to it? Just curious since you just list the 72, though you are probably warmed up at that point.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

FullBody - Modified Accessories - Jay's

Pre: Back Stretches, and BW Squats

Split Squats
    66lbs x 9
    66lbs x 9
    66lbs x 9
    66lbs x 9

RDLs
    106lbs x 10
    106lbs x 10
    106lbs x 8

Hammer Curls
    15lbs x 12
    15lbs x 10
    15lbs x 8

Tricep Pull Down
    37.5lbs x 9
    25lbs x 12
    25lbs x 10

Core
    120 Reps

So as you can see I was at Jay's yesterday, so I did my accessory day, and swapped out hip thrusts since I can't do them there. Those RDLs are so heavy, and killer. Did hammer curls with less weight, more reps, because I like high rep curls and 20lbs is a bit heavy for that range, so I figured I'd go at it while I could. Same with tricep pulldowns, they're more isolating than the overhead extensions, and feel much harder on my tris, so I like to do them while I can.

Originally Posted by phoenix4444 View Post
    Always good to be a little cocky from time to time.
    I try to be cocky more often, hoping it balances out to just a steady confidence.

We here where I live in Michigan have been very lucky this year concerning the weather. All the badness is just missing us to the south. We may get a few inches but that aint nothing. Definitely a good opportunity for you guys in the east to hole up if you can.
    I didn't have to deal with much of the snow, but damn did it get cold.
    Hey, working on the squat! I'm always scared to try new maxes, but at least with the squat there are safety bars, so it isn't too bad to ditch.
    Still about 20lbs from my max, but I know that my form getting better will mean I'll get there. It's been a long time since I got my squat PR, and I'm looking forward to getting there again, and doing it better.

My safety bars still scare me a bit though, I know they're fine, but my whole set up is so whack, lol.
    Ahh yeah, the ipad version has tap the word instead of type but with the audio on get to hear the words, which can help to some degree. It is nice to have a large goal that has the smaller steps to help build up towards success.
    It's nice that it has a daily goal you can customize too (to some degree, not higher than 50xp/5 lesson per day).

The weekly goal is probably better. I can write often times to reach it but if don't write every single day it's okay. Have those days where it's hard to get much done like when I work close then open the next day. Still gives me enough that I can get stuff done often, which is what I need right now, to get some stuff done. Only challenge is the weekly activity requires entering contests on the site, so can be a struggle as need to work on the novels too, which don't work as a whole since word count limits though I can write scenes from them for some of the weeks.
    Can't you just enter the contests on weeks it's practical (i.e. you have more time), and just get a personal goal for the weeks that you're more busy?

Nice work on the squats. Do you just go to the working weight on the press or have warm ups leading up to it? Just curious since you just list the 72, though you are probably warmed up at that point.
    Whatever my biggest lift is for OHP has to be my first, my shoulders get drained pretty quickly, so any direct shoulder warm up limits how much I can lift for my working sets. I'm overall warmed up/got my blood pumping, from my prior stretching and first lifts, but nothing like doing the lift with light weight before.

Can't you just enter the contests on weeks it's practical (i.e. you have more time), and just get a personal goal for the weeks that you're more busy?

Whatever my biggest lift is for OHP has to be my first, my shoulders get drained pretty quickly, so any direct shoulder warm up limits how much I can lift for my working sets. I'm overall warmed up/got my blood pumping, from my prior stretching and first lifts, but nothing like doing the lift with light weight before.
    For the writing activity, no. It's enter every week and review the person who posted right before you. The goal is to do 52 entries in 2019 but can do some ahead of time, so if I could get a week or two ahead that'd help in case something came up.

Interesting on OHP. I always do 45, then 65 first before whatever depending on how much effort I'm putting in for push press.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Deadlifts/Pendlays - Home

Sumo Deadlifts
    137lbs x 1
    147lbs x 1
    157lbs x 1
    167lbs x 1
    167lbs x 1

Pendlay Rows
    102lbs x 5
    107lbs x 5
    112lbs x 3
    112lbs x 3

Yeah, esta mañana fue no bueno.

Usually on those chitty, unmotivated, bleh sort of mornings I make it the goal to just get started. Usually by the end of deads, I'm up to finish the rest, managed through rows, and was still dragging just as much. Decided to just stick to those, and get some good stretching in, because I had nothing in me to finish the rest today.

For the writing activity, no. It's enter every week and review the person who posted right before you. The goal is to do 52 entries in 2019 but can do some ahead of time, so if I could get a week or two ahead that'd help in case something came up.
    Oh I see, that's a cool challenge. It's good you can get some ahead of time too.

Interesting on OHP. I always do 45, then 65 first before whatever depending on how much effort I'm putting in for push press.
    Yeah I don't know what it is, but shoulder pressing just drains me quick. I can't think of any other lift that does the same, my rest times are a bit short I think too, so maybe that makes the difference.

Well, this turned out to be just a chit week. Couldn't even drag myself to start working out this morning. Eventually did do some just now (in the afternoon, you know that's rare for me when I'm not at Jay's), because I was majorly stressed out so I figured I'd at least do my two heavy lifts (and I can make up some accessories I missed this week tomorrow if I feel up to it). Squats were ok, still working on not pushing up into the fronts of my feet. OHP was a joke, couldn't do 67, couldn't even get one rep at 62, which just made me upset again. Did the rest at 57, and I guess the exertion was enough to chill me out a bit.

The only thing that went well today was watercoloring, I'm making a gift for my cousin and her girlfriend. These two are the creative type, especially my cousin, they're the type of people who genuinely would love a handmade piece of art over anything material. I painted her, and her gf's favorite animals together (giraffe and elephant, respectively) with a background (like an actual landscape background, not a single block of color), and I'm going to add little details with color pencil tonight. I haven't dropped in to see them in awhile, so I wanted to bring them something nice. I tried new techniques that really payed off, and I'm really happy with it so far.

Oh, and I tried listening to something new today during the painting session, instead of classical I tried some smooth jazz. It's pretty good too, but I think I like classical more, at least for painting. The jazz would make for pleasant cooking music.

That sounds like an adorable piece of art, Luna. Assume you'll be posting pics (maybe after you gift it so it's a surprise in case they somehow find your log?).

Do you feel physically bad or is it mental, do you think? I hope you feel better soon. I know that I always look forward to my workouts like a complete weirdo, so I can't give any advice on motivation for that, but any advice you have on breaking art/writer's block is more than welcome. :/
    --Hubert Humphrey

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know that I always look forward to my workouts like a complete weirdo
    x2 it's my favorite part of the day by far. All the rage and frustration gets unleashed from all the other stuff I have to deal with all day lulz. Luna do you listen to music while lifting? Probably need something hard and heavy srs. Don't sweat the OHP, everybody needs to get in those tough workouts because they eventually build up to an amazing workout where you're smashing PRs all over the place.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Fullbody - Accessories - Home

Pre: Back Stretches

Hip Thrusts
    137lbs x 13
    137lbs x 11
    137lbs x 11

BB Rows
    77lbs x 9
    77lbs x 9
    77lbs x 8

Push Ups
    x8

Front Squats
    52lbs x 10
    52lbs x 10
    52lbs x 10

DB Shoulder Press
    20lbs x 12
    20lbs x 10
    20lbs x 8

Core
    130 Reps

Post: YWTLs and.... just now realizing I forgot to stretch. >.<

So today was better, made up all the accessory work I missed. Kept rest times short, so some of those were quite a bit harder (especially FS). It was a good session though. I mean, aside from forgetting my stretching, but after core I was listening to more dance-y music, and ended up doing cardio for a bit, so it slipped my mind.

That sounds like an adorable piece of art, Luna. Assume you'll be posting pics (maybe after you gift it so it's a surprise in case they somehow find your log?).
    They wouldn't find it, but I'm waiting so they see it first. Well, Jay has seen it too of course, he sees all my stuff. I plan to get a picture up though.

Do you feel physically bad or is it mental, do you think? I hope you feel better soon. I know that I always look forward to my workouts like a complete weirdo, so I can't give any advice on motivation for that, but any advice you have on breaking art/writer's block is more than welcome. :/
    Oh it was definitely mental, probably hormones kicking my ass. Minor depression, lowered appetite, fatigue, all that fun stuff. Pushed through it for the most part, at least I made sure to eat enough and managed to catch up on my lifting.

I don't have writer's block tips, but here's my advice for art block and maybe it can apply to writing too: The best way to break art block, is kinda the same for lifting actually. You just gotta do it even when you don't feel like it, because the longer you wait for inspiration/motivation, the harder it is to get back to it. With art block, don't wait to be inspired, and definitely don't start trying full illustrations/pieces. My problem was getting caught up in thinking everything had to be a piece of art, I didn't use my sketchbook for just practice, sketching, and creating without worrying. Getting back into it I have a list of prompt, or I draw what's on my mind, or if you really can't find anything, start sketching literally whatever is in the room (or outside, or wherever, I started carrying my smallest sketchbook around, and drew a gas station prices sign, the mascot for the car wash, and even a cute brick apartment building, it's all messy and fast, but so much fun!).

Eventually if you keep filling paper (or the digital equivalent) with lots, and lots of things, you'll find inspiration for the bigger stuff.

Even if you don't prefer using sketchbooks, I recommend keeping one around for times like this, it's really handy to just grab a pencil and go at it. With mediums requiring more supplies it can be harder to start thinking "but I have to grab all this stuff, set up an area" etc.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    x2 it's my favorite part of the day by far. All the rage and frustration gets unleashed from all the other stuff I have to deal with all day lulz. Luna do you listen to music while lifting? Probably need something hard and heavy srs. Don't sweat the OHP, everybody needs to get in those tough workouts because they eventually build up to an amazing workout where you're smashing PRs all over the place.
    I definitely have hard, and heavy. There's a handful of songs that are my go-tos for rough mornings, it just wasn't happening for me. Glad I got done what I did, made it easy to play catch up, and I got an extra day of lifting in on a bad week. Go me!
    OHP can be tricky, I know, it was just extra frustrating yesterday. Now that I'm feeling better, I can look at the bright side, I still managed to do it on a day where I was so, so close to not doing anything at all.

FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I like a bit of jazz sometimes, but prefer blues I think.

Sorry to hear OHP was difficult, but well done for reducing and getting it done. Some days it's just not meant to happen I think
    - Fallen Angel -

Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169571783

Training PRs: 170/104/260
    Meet PRs: 149/93/220

Goals: 200/132/300

jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yay another Jay . Your workout is incredible I wish I could have one similar
    “With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."

You're right about art/writer's block--just starting is the only way to do it. I get really paralyzed by indecision, which is part of why i've applied to MFA programs... to give me specific tasks.

Threw some pushups in there, I see! Love that bodyweight stuff. I'm glad you got over your slump a little bit. <3
    --Hubert Humphrey

[QUOTE=LunaLifts;1571142621]Fullbody - Deadlifts/Pendlays - Home

Sumo Deadlifts
    137lbs x 5
    167lbs x 3
    177lbs x 1
    187lbs x 1
    197lbs x 1
    *Bonus Round*
    207lbs x 1 - PR!

Pendlay Rows
    107lbs x 3
    107lbs x 5
    107lbs x 4

Front Squats
    52lbs x 12
    52lbs x 12
    52lbs x 12

DB Shoulder Press
    20lbs x 14
    20lbs x 11
    20lbs x 9

Core
    130 Reps

This morning was interesting. Let's start with the obvious high point, I finally PR'd my deadlift! Only by 5lbs, but even 1lb counts.
    I can only go up five more lbs with the weights I have right now anyway, so it's not a big rush lol.

Started higher on rows, but my back was pretty tight and they weren't pretty. Since I started higher I dropped the last set.

Then I decided to check the wood stove to find the pups pulled my coat off the table (there's a table in the first room you walk into that my dad and I kinda toss our winter chit on), and the insides were on the outside. Being pissed at the state of my coat, and the mess, I had one jumping on the back of my legs and I turned to yell "down" (I know I shouldn't yell out of frustration, I felt bad about it later and gave them many cuddles), my coat snagged on my headphone wire and snapped the left ear piece off. The $60 headphones Jay bought me last Sept for my birthday.

I didn't even bother with the mess, I just went tf back upstairs. Managed to snap my headphones back together, and taped them (I may be able to glue a spot that would make them 100% functional again), and got to my front squats, which went really well, anger is good for something.

Here's hoping the rest of today goes a bit smoother. At least it wasn't all bad.

I like a bit of jazz sometimes, but prefer blues I think.

Sorry to hear OHP was difficult, but well done for reducing and getting it done. Some days it's just not meant to happen I think
    I should try that too, I like songs with blues-y tones to them.

Yeah definitely, some days you just gotta accept what your body is giving you. Other days you get to crush it.
    Originally Posted by jay283 View Post
    Yay another Jay . Your workout is incredible I wish I could have one similar
    I don't, lol. I'm working with limited equipment, don't even have a bench.
    Unless you mean there's a physical limitation, like an injury or something. I understand that'd make some things impossible.
    You're right about art/writer's block--just starting is the only way to do it. I get really paralyzed by indecision, which is part of why i've applied to MFA programs... to give me specific tasks.

Threw some pushups in there, I see! Love that bodyweight stuff. I'm glad you got over your slump a little bit. <3
    Saaaaame. I get that so bad sometimes, even for super small decisions. It drives me nuts sometimes, because nine times out of ten it's just a matter of yes, do it, because it's the right choice.

Yeah I missed them, I liked the bridge presses too, but push ups feel so bad ass, and the set up is super quick lol.

Woot! yay for PR. And you're correct, doesn't matter if it's 5 lbs or 1 lb. That's why I got the micro plates.

As for writer's cramp, not sure if it's different in art but at times one way to break through is to switch medium. For writing that can mean if you're always typing try something else. I got through a couple of stalls in a YA novel many years ago by switching to writing by hand in a journal. I can't do it long cause writing by hand leads to pain in my hand but still, even for a little bit doing a different way helped. You can also go to a different setting to write. But for the most part it's just sit down and write something.

I'm not good at making decisions either. I don't even like picking where to go out to eat, so yeah, know the feeling.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well done on the PR - woo hoo!
    - Fallen Angel -

Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169571783

Training PRs: 170/104/260
    Meet PRs: 149/93/220

Goals: 200/132/300

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Pr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *Trying to stay sane and get back to avi status.

Woot! yay for PR. And you're correct, doesn't matter if it's 5 lbs or 1 lb. That's why I got the micro plates.

As for writer's cramp, not sure if it's different in art but at times one way to break through is to switch medium. For writing that can mean if you're always typing try something else. I got through a couple of stalls in a YA novel many years ago by switching to writing by hand in a journal. I can't do it long cause writing by hand leads to pain in my hand but still, even for a little bit doing a different way helped. You can also go to a different setting to write. But for the most part it's just sit down and write something.

I'm not good at making decisions either. I don't even like picking where to go out to eat, so yeah, know the feeling.
    I wish I had microplates if only to have even increments of 5, lol. It's so minor, but everything ending in 2 or seven annoys me, probably because of lifts where (for example) you lift 107, and it's close to 110, which would sound so much better. There's times I have to remind myself I'm OHPing almost 70, or DLing almost 180, and that sounds more impressive. It's weirdly annoying.

Huh, that seems like it'd be a great way to get rid of art block, but never considered mediums for writing.

Haha, I actually made it a 2019 goal to stop telling Jay "it's up to you" literally every time he asks where I want to eat. So far, not so good. I know there's the hole he's paying so I feel he should choose factor, but he's asking my opinion for a reason, and I just derp out when he asks. >.<

Well done on the PR - woo hoo!
    Originally Posted by phoenix4444 View Post
    Pr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you both, it's about damn time! Sig hadn't been updated in so long it was growing cobwebs.

---
    I guess our snowstorm decided to wait until about 3pm instead of starting at 1am like it said yesterday. Stupid weather channel can't get chit right. At least it won't be so bad when I drive back later, well, it'll be snowing (maybe), but it won't be piled up yet.

Art supply ramble, because I'm all hyped about things I found:
    The issue I tend to have getting back into art is I spend too much time on amazon finding many, many art things I want. Though I have a few things prioritized that I want to get soon. The first being a pencil case that was recommended by amazon, and it has slots for 72 pencils (and two of the inserts can be removed if you don't have that many), I'd be able to organize all of my colored pencils, my regular pencils, my ink pens, and then some, without digging through the prismacolor tin or my pencil bag (it would also take the place of carrying both of those). It has a big enough pocket to fit my loose items in the back (eraser, sharpener, etc), and/or even a small sketchbook. I go back and forth between my dad's and Jay's, so this would be so convenient.

Also I plan to get colo-rase pencils (colored pencils that erase easier) for more color in my sketchbooks, and for sketching watercolor stuff. They're surprisingly cheap (24 for less than $10).

And I'm trying to fill up my current sketchbook pretty rapidly, because I want a new one. Partially because I feel like I'm starting from a different place with my art, if that makes sense, and I want to start off with a nice clean books. Partially because I love the ones I found, they come in a 2-pack for $22 bucks, the paper is 80lbs (heavier than my current, better for non-pencil mediums), it has a little ribbon place holder, and it has no gutter! It lays flat when you open it, so you don't have all the wasted space by the binding, I could do two page spreads easily, and I can sit with it on my lap without it trying to close on me. I want to order it before I burn out my current, but I need to be almost done, otherwise I'm likely to just never finish it lol.

If anyone's interested in art stuff, and wants links to any of these, just say so.
    Oh, and I'm doing a cool page in my sketchbook that's tentacles coming out of the gutter (it's good for something!), like a Lovecraft-style monster looking thing, and I'm going to cut around it so it kind of "pops" and adds an interesting element to it. I've seen people do the cut out thing before, and I think it's so awesome.

LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I guess our snowstorm decided to wait until about 3pm instead of starting at 1am like it said yesterday. Stupid weather channel can't get chit right. At least it won't be so bad when I drive back later, well, it'll be snowing (maybe), but it won't be piled up yet.
    I'm in Alabama, and we were supposed to have a "snowstorm" this morning. Didn't happen. A few flurries early morning but that was it. We're not used to snow here, so flurries can cause all kinds of problems. I agree, stupid weather channel. School's closed and everyone waiting on snow. Unless you were up at 5 AM, you didn't see snow. Is there another job that you can be so wrong so often, and still have a job?

I wanted to pop in and say hello. When I joined this site a few years ago you provide some advice. I was lifting at the time, but not on a program. I am following a program now and couldn’t be more happy with the results. I’ve lurked around the journals for years, and finally started one of my own. Jealous of the art skills, I can barely draw a stick man!