SpiderHam is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Best skinny guy workout program

I know diet is obviously key, but does anybody have any recommendations for a good gym workout program for a skinny guy to gain muscle/size? I know there are a ton of workouts posted, but it's a bit overwhelming trying to work out which is the best option. Are there any that are particularly tried and true?

Also, how often should one be hitting the gym a week. 3 days? 4 days?

Appreciate any advice...

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Check your private messages

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Since nobody else is posting, I would recommend Fierce 5 - see the sticky threads. There are other good programs too. One thing - don't make the mistake of thinking that just because it uses 5 rep sets, it must be "for strength" not "for size". There is another sticky thread that should clear this issue up which I recommend reading.

3 days a week should be fine.

Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000) Nelg1993 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Since nobody else is posting, I would recommend Fierce 5 - see the sticky threads. There are other good programs too. One thing - don't make the mistake of thinking that just because it uses 5 rep sets, it must be "for strength" not "for size". There is another sticky thread that should clear this issue up which I recommend reading.

I 2nd this.

A few pitfalls with the program (mistakes I made):
    - thinking the progression is too slow
    - not learning proper form before adding weight
    - adding/altering things

SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteadyFlexOnU is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Exclamation

Start with bodyweight workouts. Pushups, pullups, body squats, burpees etc.

Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post

I third this. Simple linear progressions (which I am assuming the fierce five is) like the 3x5 and 5x5 are going to be your best bet. They use low rep ranges which allows for better technique (usually higher reps means technique breakdown), but also not so heavy that your technique breaks down from the shear weight of the bar. Also progression is very easily tracked. At your stage, strength and size are going to come quickly. Strength coming first. Just eat more calories and your weight will go up if that is what you are looking for. Or play it slow and let the weight come on over time.

SpiderHam is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks all.

skinnyn0m0re is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm 173cm and weigh 60kg and classified as "skinny".

Lifting for 5 weeks now, and making some necessary changes to my rest/nutrition, I've noticed some small physical gains and improved performance during workouts.

Currently following a bro split workout targeting each muscle group at least once a week.

However, research indicates that upper body/lower body splits consisting of compound exercises and progressive overload is the way forward.

After week 8, I plan to change my workout routine dramatically and have set my physique goals for 2021.

Good luck with the skinny > muscle transformation, I know I am going to need it.