Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    BigKazWSM747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigKazWSM747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigKazWSM747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigKazWSM747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigKazWSM747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigKazWSM747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigKazWSM747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigKazWSM747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigKazWSM747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigKazWSM747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigKazWSM747 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Cool Create your own Thick Bar!

Create Your Own Axlebar, Thickbar for Olympic weights.
    This is one of the easiest and most challenging pieces of gym equipment that you can get for yourself. This document reveals how to make 1.9" diameter solid thickbars and 2.3" diameter revolving thickbars.

First, if you don't have any, head off to a used sports equipment store to get a pair of screw-type collars. Don't waste dual-screw collars, just get the cheapo one-screw or screw-in lever collars. If they are the twist-lever type, remove the lever and take the collar (without screw-in lever) to your favorite home-improvement store. Get some bolts that will snugly fit into the collars, make sure you have something at home to tighten them up.

While you are at your favorite home-improvement store, head over to the plumbing section, and get a 7' section of 1.5" galvanized pipe. If you want a bar that is thicker than 1.9", also get yourself a 5' section of 2" galvanized pipe.

Put the bolts in the collars, then put one collar on one side of the bar. Make sure the bolts point inward, if they don't, your plates will not be flush with the inside collars. If you are making a thicker bar, slide the 5'x 2" pipe over the other pipe. Place the other collar on the other side. Using a measuring tape, center the collars until you have an even space on each end. Tighten down the inside collars.

There you have your thickbar! I would advise getting some old spinlocks or dual-screw collars for the outside, as the diameter is slightly smaller than a regular olympic bar.

Now, curl, push-press, benchpress, and deadlift your way to scary forearms.

this document came from shellbent dot com
    "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac." -Henry Kissinger

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster . . . for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Confused_Dave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

thanks man

twista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    any pictures of the final product?
    powerlifter/strongman

"I ask you lord why you enlightened me,
    Without the enlightment of all my foes,
    He said cuz I set myself on a quest for truth,
    And he was there to quench my thirst,
    But I am still thirsty..."

Shukdawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any idea how much weight its good for?
    Andrew

steve_bris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Has anyone actually made on of these and can post pics..........I would like to but I am a bit confused by the description.

Do you start with an Olympic bar.....

shag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shag is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Taken from the site, not a very discriptive pic but hey.

http://www.shellbent.com/images/photos/josh-tbdl426.jpg
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Anyone done this? pics?