Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lord you should have seen my house the first six months after we moved in ..only the furniture a few picture and my workout stuff. It took awhile to get the pictures ect. We just started painting the rooms different colors and making it more like us you know. The main thing that killed our money was i wanted a nice fence for out backyard since i like to sit outside and read and do not want the nieghborhood kids running through my yard. Yeah i am that kind of person. Please keep your dog and children in your yard and i will do the same

The landlord sounds like a real piece of work and yes i agree we don't have to be so loud with our cake eating. Wow.

I have been on Twitter awhile because of a running group. The whole thing still kind of confuses me too. I did add you. I am Vanessa Sellers (vfsellers40)

Your picture looks great too. You should be proud..i would be ...
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WOw Ricki! You're back/shoulders/arms look freaking awesome You're incredible!

As for the pain- front squats are supposed to be easier on the body. Goblets are great- have you ever tried Lumberjack squats??? I have a video in my journal from yesterday- those are great too And zerchers, ever try zerchers? Lots of ways to squat!!! Other than that- stretch, stretch, stretch! Stretch out your lower back/hips/hammies! Every day for at least 20 minutes!

Yay for baby visits/cuddles!!! That's so awesome!!!!

I might be moving home sooner than expected. lol! Andrew's like "yeah, so I might go home this summer and just not come back." We're like "OK! We're coming too!" lol! When I get home we are totally hanging out!

Good luck with the house! We have to go to the stupid laundromat now and we hate it! So much better to have your own washer and dryer. And space! You need to get a Christmas tree next year! Haha!
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pic looks great!! I love your braid...I can't braid my own hair that well haha.
    Trying to gain a booty so my husband can squeeze it:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175451341&page=4

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MissKB View Post
    Pic looks great!! I love your braid...I can't braid my own hair that well haha.
    Good point! I can always braid the ends well, but the middle of the starting point is always off to the side! Ha!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

Wife and Sammich Maker rickiecoombs's Avatar
    rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Noice RDLs, super noice weighted planks, beautiful back! : ) : ) And yay on getting to go visit the baby!
    Hey Drea! Thanks! Eating all the foodz is a bit scary, but my body seems to like it, so far! Yay!

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Sweet back shot, RC, definite muscle poppage, lean too!

As for the squats I'd say any kind of squat is better than no squatting if you can do it without pain. Front and Zerchers put you in about the same position as goblets, maybe try those, but goblets can be really effective too.

Congrats on the house stuff going smoothly thusfar! As for decorating I would gladly paint a giant muscle ham anywhere you want, haha. : p
    Thanks, Auntie Ham! My back ain't got nothin' (how's that for a double negative?) on your back, but as we have established, I don't think I will ever acquire Auntie Ham status. Haha

I'll start experimenting with the squat situaiton. I don't want to end up like one of those triangle dudes! You know, the lifters who are all ripped from the waist up, and then have these teeny tiny pinner legs? Don't wanna be that dude! Might have to make another trip to the physiotherapist. We'll see how the modified leg stuff/stretching works first, tho.

I feel like I am allowed to get a bit excited about the house now. I mean, unless something goes REALLY wrong, we should be all good. Hopefully, a month from now, I will be sleeping in my OWN place. Oh my, that would be exciting!

I would like a giant muscle ham painted in my office, over my desk. I will surround the painting of the giant muscle ham with other motivational artwork. Perhaps you could fly to NL in a couple of weeks to assess which wall the ham would look best on?

Originally Posted by Liam's Awesome Mommy View Post
    Hello Miss Rickie!

I'm so happy for you about the house! Even if its a duplex there are some many things you can do and the backyard is always a plus!

Yay for seeing the nephew soon! He sounds so precious (totally imagining what he would look like based off of you and he is sure to be a cutie : ) )

Have a safe trip if you don't have a chance to pop back in and oh yeah nice back you got there!
    Hi Momma!

Thanks! Fingers crossed it all works out! I feel a bit snobbish for complaining about it being a duplex. I know it's not that bad... I've just always lived in a stand-alone house. As long as I can't hear my neighbours, I think I'll be okay. It's a good in-between home, until we can get our "forever home".

Micah is just the CUTEST. He's not even 4 months yet, and he's already 19lbs (last time I talked to my sister, anyway). He's in the 95th percentile for EVERYTHING. Haha. He looks like the Michelin Man. He's so. freakin'. fat. Rolls everywhere.I love fat babies. <3 My sister and I have very similar features - she's more fine-boned than me, and her hair is almost black (I have NO idea how I ended up with the colour I have) - but if you change our colouring, we look quite alike.

Thanks! I'm trying so hard! Haha.

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    Glad to hear everything is moving smoothly for your house purchase! So sweet to have your own place can't wait for pictures!
    Hey DM!

I'm sure you will be overloaded with pictures. I am happy to provide them, so long as the rest of you agree to tell me what to do with the place. Haha. I have ZERO decorating skillz.

Originally Posted by Luvdogs View Post
    Looking great Rickie! Muscles look full.
    Thanks so much, Julia!!

Originally Posted by swooshie View Post
    Oh Rickie you look amazing!!! Isn't it great to get compliments in the gym?!! : ) Congratulations on the new house! You'll have such fun decorating and making it yours!!!
    Thanks Swoosh! It is really nice to get compliments at the gym. Doesn't happen often (okay, it doesn't happen EVER, with the exception of that one time! haha) so I'll take what I can get!

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    Lord you should have seen my house the first six months after we moved in ..only the furniture a few picture and my workout stuff. It took awhile to get the pictures ect. We just started painting the rooms different colors and making it more like us you know. The main thing that killed our money was i wanted a nice fence for out backyard since i like to sit outside and read and do not want the nieghborhood kids running through my yard. Yeah i am that kind of person. Please keep your dog and children in your yard and i will do the same ; )

The landlord sounds like a real piece of work and yes i agree we don't have to be so loud with our cake eating. Wow.

I have been on Twitter awhile because of a running group. The whole thing still kind of confuses me too. I did add you. I am Vanessa Sellers (vfsellers40)

Your picture looks great too. You should be proud..i would be ...
    Yeah - it's going to take a while for us to do what we want with the house, but that's okay. If I'm still doing a lot of driving next school year, we may have to opt for a new car, instead of furniture. Haha.

Found you on Twitter!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    WOw Ricki! : eek : You're back/shoulders/arms look freaking awesome : D You're incredible! : D

As for the pain- front squats are supposed to be easier on the body. Goblets are great- have you ever tried Lumberjack squats??? I have a video in my journal from yesterday- those are great too : ) And zerchers, ever try zerchers? Lots of ways to squat!!! : ) Other than that- stretch, stretch, stretch! : ) Stretch out your lower back/hips/hammies! Every day for at least 20 minutes!

Yay for baby visits/cuddles!!! : D That's so awesome!!!!

I might be moving home sooner than expected. lol! Andrew's like "yeah, so I might go home this summer and just not come back." We're like "OK! We're coming too!" lol! When I get home we are totally hanging out! : )

Good luck with the house! We have to go to the stupid laundromat now and we hate it! So much better to have your own washer and dryer. And space! You need to get a Christmas tree next year! Haha!
    Hi pretty girl! Thanks!

I haven't tried lumberjack squats, but I looked them up in your journal. I shall have to start being creative, like Lori! Hoping that the pain will subside after some time/lots of stretching.

I'm so excited! Did you see the picture I posted of him on Facebook? We were Skyping today, and little dude was laughing it up. What a doll.

When you come home, we ARE totally hanging out. But maybe not at the gym. Because that would be ridiculously intimidating for me.

Agh! A Christmas tree!!!! I didn't even think of that! YAY! I'll have room for a Christmas tree next year!!!!!!!!

Pic looks great!! : D I love your braid...I can't braid my own hair that well haha.
    Thanks! It comes with decades of practice, I suppose. Haha.

Good point! I can always braid the ends well, but the middle of the starting point is always off to the side! : D Ha!
    Maybe that is something I can teach YOU when you come home. Hehe
    My Journal - Large, But Not in Charge: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128025573

rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am the most productive Rickie in the whole wide world, but that doesn't leave much time for anything else.

HI!

Gotta go to the gym now. Hope to be back later.
    My Journal - Large, But Not in Charge: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128025573

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rickiecoombs View Post
    I feel like I am allowed to get a bit excited about the house now. I mean, unless something goes REALLY wrong, we should be all good. Hopefully, a month from now, I will be sleeping in my OWN place. Oh my, that would be exciting!
    BRB meteor the size of an suv is due to land on RC's house. I'll put in a request to the Ham Gods that the meteor land on someone else's house, you know, one of those people who hogs up 3 stations at a time at the gym lol.
    I would like a giant muscle ham painted in my office, over my desk. I will surround the painting of the giant muscle ham with other motivational artwork. Perhaps you could fly to NL in a couple of weeks to assess which wall the ham would look best on?
    Done and done! lol
    Micah is just the CUTEST. He's not even 4 months yet, and he's already 19lbs (last time I talked to my sister, anyway). He's in the 95th percentile for EVERYTHING. Haha. He looks like the Michelin Man. He's so. freakin'. fat. Rolls everywhere.I love fat babies.
    OMG he's a HAM BABY!!!

Wow that was a lot of posting about hams. Have fun at the gym!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

BRB meteor the size of an suv is due to land on RC's house.
    Don't jinx it!!!! Hahaha

I'll put in a request to the Ham Gods that the meteor land on someone else's house, you know, one of those people who hogs up 3 stations at a time at the gym lol.

Done and done! lol

OMG he's a HAM BABY!!!

Wow that was a lot of posting about hams. Have fun at the gym!
    Oh Auntie Ham... How do you make me smile? Let me count the ways... <3

P.S. He's totally a ham baby. I got permission to post pics of him on Facebook... I wonder if that means I can post him here, too... *hmm*

SNOW DAY!

March 19th, 2013
    Short workout. But I got the benching done, which was what I went for. So, hey.

DB Flat Bench
    One day, I will get these up on my own... One day...
    40sx8
    40sx8
    40sx7

DB Incline Bench
    35sx8
    35sx6
    35sx5

Tricep Pressdowns
    75x10
    75x8
    75x8

March 21st, 2013

Felt really weak during this workout. No idea why.

RDLs
    Usually work at 155... but it was feelin' heavy for me, and I didn't want to risk form breaking down, so I adjusted.
    115x8
    135x8
    145x5
    145x5
    145x5

Seated Row
    80x6
    80x6
    80x7

Lat Pulldowns
    Hubz took a video, and it looks like my shoulders are doing something funny. It was after three sets, so maybe I was tired? Or maybe it's okay and I'm just imagining it? I'll get him to take a vid for my first set next time I do this, and compare. They don't feel funky while I'm doing them, but I don't want to take any risks.
    95x8
    95x8
    95x7

Lat Raises
    10sx10
    10sx10
    10sx8

Had BB Bent Over Rows on the schedule, but there were people using the stuff I needed. Ah well.

ALSO. Dude in the gym yesterday was OHPing 110lb DBs with full range of motion. I literally stopped what I was doing and stared. (I wasn't the only one, so it wasn't *as* rude, right? Haha). I wanna lift like HIM when I grow up!

Anyway. Gonna keep doing what I'm doing. I think I will start a mini-cut the beginning of May. We'll see where I am at that point. Maybe do UD2 for another couple weeks. Or maybe just cut "normally". I'll think more about it as it gets closer.

So today was a snow day. Have been packing up a little bit, which is only making the apartment more cluttered. Seems like things get messier before they tidier? And now there are boxes errrrywhere.

Anyway. Been productive. And it's Friday! We had a busy weekend last weekend, so I'm going to try and make this weekend as relaxing as possible for hubs. On tonight's schedule: cake, TV show, head out for cheat meal. We're having a cheap cheat meal tonight ('cause houses are expensive!) but at least it will still be a cheat meal.

So I figured I should update my journal while I'm waiting for the boy to get home. You should see what I'm wearing Haha. TMI? I hate lingerie (I think it is SO pointless) but I tried this on for the first time in... months and months... and hey!

I'm so glad anything goes with you ladies. Hahaha. <3 Love y'all! Happy Friday!

Yay snow day!

Workouts are looking good!

Your night sounds a lot like what we have planned- minus the cheat...that's tomorrow night Jelly of the lingerie- I left all mine back home I miss it though! lol! I'll have to go buy some- the shop where they sell it is a 3 minute walk. lol! Why am I doing without!?

Hope you have a wonderful weekend Ricki!!!

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi! I don't expect a quick response as I am hoping you are in the middle of baking that cake in a fabulous getup...

Your back pic you posted was awesome - you must look at pictures of yourself like that one and just be amazed with yourself sometimes. Do you ever just stop and say holy crap this is me and start running around jumping on the couch like Tom Cruise??

I don't even know what a 110lb DB would look like - I'm pretty sure they don't have those at the Planet Fitness hahaha.

Glad all of the house stuff is coming along.... almost there! BRB - going to ask hubs if we can fly Auntie Ham out to paint a ham mural on the nursery wall later this summer....

PS - you absolutely are my favorite rickie in the whole wide world
    Please join me on my journey to find balance:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147375163

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)

Originally Posted by rickiecoombs View Post
    So I figured I should update my journal while I'm waiting for the boy to get home. You should see what I'm wearing Haha. TMI? I hate lingerie (I think it is SO pointless) but I tried this on for the first time in... months and months... and hey!

I'm so glad anything goes with you ladies. Hahaha. <3 Love y'all! Happy Friday!
    I once had it said to me, something like "I really appreciate it, but it makes me feel kinda bad. You take all that trouble and my instinct is to get it all back off you as soon as possible." Have an awesome fun night, Ms Rickie.

I openly watch when anyone in my gym lifts anything impressive too. Matt was benching what was at least 325 the other night and I stared throughout my entire set of step-ups, LOL. I'm lucky I didn't miss the step and go flying.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

I once had it said to me, something like "I really appreciate it, but it makes me feel kinda bad. You take all that trouble and my instinct is to get it all back off you as soon as possible."
    Pft, yeah, I forgot about that. Every time I try to wear that stuff I have it on for what, 5 seconds? Wait, was that too much info??? lol!

Yay snow day! : D

Workouts are looking good! : )

Your night sounds a lot like what we have planned- minus the cheat...that's tomorrow night : D Jelly of the lingerie- I left all mine back home : ( I miss it though! lol! I'll have to go buy some- the shop where they sell it is a 3 minute walk. lol! Why am I doing without!? : D

Hope you have a wonderful weekend Ricki!!!
    Yay!

Thanks!

Hahaha - you can have ALL of mine. (That would be a bit weird... but you get my point. Haha)

Thanks, Lori!

Originally Posted by marathonmom262 View Post
    Hi! I don't expect a quick response as I am hoping you are in the middle of baking that cake in a fabulous getup...

Your back pic you posted was awesome - you must look at pictures of yourself like that one and just be amazed with yourself sometimes. Do you ever just stop and say holy crap this is me and start running around jumping on the couch like Tom Cruise?? : )

I don't even know what a 110lb DB would look like - I'm pretty sure they don't have those at the Planet Fitness hahaha.

Glad all of the house stuff is coming along.... almost there! BRB - going to ask hubs if we can fly Auntie Ham out to paint a ham mural on the nursery wall later this summer.... : )

PS - you absolutely are my favorite rickie in the whole wide world
    Hahaha MM. You crack me up!

Thanks! Yeah, sometimes, I'm all, "There is NO WAY that's a picture of me!" And then there are other times where I'm all, "Aw man, I want to look better than this! Why can't I build more muscles?!" Haha. It kind of depends on the day. On those days, hubz says, "Last Year Rickie would slap Today Rickie in the FACE if she could hear you say that!"

110 DBs blow my mind. All I could think was, "He has almost one of me in each hand!"

Oooh! We should totally enlist Auntie Ham to paint ham murals on ALL of our walls! Every one of us! (In reality, it would just be an excuse to meet the legendary Mammie, right? Haha) Closing date in three weeks and two days, if all goes well!!

PS - That makes me happy. I dreamed a few nights ago that I found you on Facebook. Hubz would tell me that I'm too emotionally invested in y'all. As far as I'm concerned, you're just as much my friends as anyone that knows me in "real life". Does that make me strange? It's okay if it does.

I once had it said to me, something like "I really appreciate it, but it makes me feel kinda bad. You take all that trouble and my instinct is to get it all back off you as soon as possible." : D Have an awesome fun night, Ms Rickie.

I openly watch when anyone in my gym lifts anything impressive too. Matt was benching what was at least 325 the other night and I stared throughout my entire set of step-ups, LOL. I'm lucky I didn't miss the step and go flying.
    Yeah. I think it's useless, personally. And my... "cake-drive" is pretty minimal (read: usually non-existant), so wearing the stuff just makes me feel silly. Meh.

Yeah. I like watching strong people. It's fun.

Pft, yeah, I forgot about that. Every time I try to wear that stuff I have it on for what, 5 seconds? : p Wait, was that too much info??? lol! : D
    Hahaha. NEVER too much info in here, my dear!

Holy crap. I just wrote the most massive post ever and lost the whole thing. I am super pissed right now (doesn't help that I was pissed while I was writing, too). Not writing it all out again. Maybe later.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Hope you're all having a great Tuesday!

Haha

Ack, I HATE it when that happens! Sometimes when I'm making a long one I'll type it up in MS word just in case. Hahaha!

Happy Tuesday that really like Wednesday Ricki!!!

Dear Lori,

I took your advice.

Love,
    Rickie

Ready? Okay!

Let’s try this again. Doing this in point form. Will probably forget half of what I said initially. Which is probably good news for you girls!

1. Weekend was good. Relaxed Friday night, spent the WHOLE day Saturday packing. Long, but productive day. Closing day is not for another three weeks, but since we’ll be gone for about 10 days, I want to get as much done as possible before I go. Yes, Type A. Hi.

2. Have a friend who asked me to be her “Personal Trainer” about a month ago (I think I mentioned this briefly before?). I was hesitant, because it’s not the first time someone has asked me for help, and then gone on their merry way in a week or so. Which is fine – whatever, just a waste of time, y’know. Anyway. She has been at it about 4 weeks, and is down 10lbs. She also tells me she loves lifting. That makes me happy. She has a beautiful shape, so I can only imagine what she’ll look like if she keeps it up.

Warning: Whining and Complaining starts here. Feel free to duck out while there’s still time!!

3. My workout on Saturday was super disheartening. My legs are so freakin’ weak. I don’t know if it’s because my hips/pelvis are inhibiting me from lifting properly or what… I have an appointment with the physiotherapist, because the last time I went to see him, the pain was gone before I got in. It’s back now. Hopefully it stays long enough to make it to my appointment. (Does that sound weird? Haha).

4. The forearm issue is back, but it’s really bad now. I’m a bit confused. Maybe it never really went away? Anyway. Now the pain is really bad, from the outside of my elbow (pinky-finger-side) all the way down my forearm, into my wrist. Hurst more when I flex/add any kind of resistance at a certain angle, but is constantly aching whatever I do. Stress fracture? Tennis elbow? Anybody have any experience with this?

Lots more I want to say about that, but I won’t. Between my hips/pelvis and arm, I'm ridiculously inhibited at the gym. Initially, the week at my sisters was supposed to be a well-earned “rest week”, but now I’m wondering if I should give myself two weeks?! That frightens the living daylights out of me.

Weight is status-quo. Feeling fluffy, but that’s ‘cause we’re coming off a weekend.

Gotta go work this afternoon. (That’s a good thing). It’s the week before Easter, and Friday’s a holiday, so most teachers have the “I can do four more days!” mentality. I’m grateful to still be getting a bit of sub time.

Sorry for writing a book. I will be a happier journal friend next time, okay? Okay!

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If it's on the inside, it's golfer's elbow, not tennis elbow, Ms Rickie, but yeah, they're both just elbow tendinitis and they cause wicked forearm pain. I had it a couple years ago and it took about two weeks of massive ibuprophen intake and icing for it to go away. I lifted through it, which probably wasn't very smart, but I did try to avoid anything that irritated it--basically anything that would give me a forearm pump. So, yeah, ice/NSAIDs/rest should clear it up in a couple weeks if that's what it is.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Stephen had something like that wrong with his forearm too! It went away eventually, but he did rest it from everything that made it hurt.

That's awesome about your friend So much cooler when they actually listen!!! I hate it when they waste your time by not listening, or by listening, and then quitting after 2 days

Yay for packing!

Hope the physiotherapist can help with your hip issues! That has to have an impact on how much weight you can push/pull, for sure!

Have a good day at work today

MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sorry to hear about the pain, Rickie Definitely get it looked at or buy a wrap/brace for when you lift...it couldn't hurt. Good luck with the move and congrats on being a successful trainer.
    Trying to gain a booty so my husband can squeeze it:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175451341&page=4

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hai Rickie happy to see you back sad to hear of the pain issues.

Hubz had a tennis elbow issue and did some Physio for (I can see what stretches/exercises he was to do) but do remember that he had to ice them down quite a bit and use a NSAID (we both have presecriptions for naproxen - works well). For icing the physio recommended freezing water in a solo cup and then cutting the bottom off and using it to apply pressure so really doing an ice massage. He also changed his grip on certain movements as he was not able to rest entirely.

If your doing bicep stuff keep your wrists broken (they call them spider man curls cause it looks like when spiderman shoots his webs) which helped with the forearm issue and just keep an eye on it. If causing lots of pain stop doing it. You will heal and maybe the break is good both physical and mentally. Looks like your in a good place if your still maintaing your weight this long after UD2.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

MRTBOSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MRTBOSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MRTBOSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MRTBOSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MRTBOSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MRTBOSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MRTBOSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MRTBOSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MRTBOSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MRTBOSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) MRTBOSS will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hubz had a tennis elbow issue and did some Physio for (I can see what stretches/exercises he was to do) but do remember that he had to ice them down quite a bit and use a NSAID (we both have presecriptions for naproxen - works well). For icing the physio recommended freezing water in a solo cup and then cutting the bottom off and using it to apply pressure so really doing an ice massage. He also changed his grip on certain movements as he was not able to rest entirely.

If your doing bicep stuff keep your wrists broken (they call them spider man curls cause it looks like when spiderman shoots his webs) which helped with the forearm issue and just keep an eye on it. If causing lots of pain stop doing it. You will heal and maybe the break is good both physical and mentally. Looks like your in a good place if your still maintaing your weight this long after UD2.
    The ice massage worked very well! It burns a bit but you just keep working through it until it goes numb. It takes a couple minutes for the burn to stop and do not go any longer than 7 mins or so. (massage your whole forearm and around your elbow and the lowest part of your bicep.)
    DM is right about the broken grip on curls. You will not get a full range of motion but it really concentrates on the biceps. Get yourself some wraps to assist you for back and other grip extreme exercises. (takes the strain off) When you get back to 100% healthy again do not straighten your arms all the way for curls. Leave yourself a 20degree deflection at the bottom as it does not irritate those muscles that are injured right now as much. Physio and grip changes will definately help.

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi Rickie, packing is such a chore, but at least you get to clean out stuff as you go along!

Injuries are tough. Rest them up, it's important for them to heal fully. Otherwise you are always on the mend.
    Julia

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey Rickie!

at the guy OHP those 110lbs DBs! I would've stared too. When I was working out at Golds I caught Beatha during one of her squatting sessions and there was a guy in the rack next to her working with six plates on each side. We both just watched and mumbled about how awesome that was

Sorry to hear about the hip and arm pain I hope it gets better and the physio can help with it

I smile and chuckled a bit about the "cake" and your decorations You're too cute Rickie

I am joining you in the packing hell as of today. Moving is a pain but we are both going to better places, yay for yards and more room!
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Urgh I hate packing/moving, but once you're all settled in to your new place it'll be awesome! Of course I don't like seeing that some thing are not going well, but it is kinda comforting to see people are willing to share their issues here srs. Weak legs? Why do you say that exactly? If you're going by squat numbers I wouldn't be too concerned unless they are really REALLY low. (Most people here e-stat and never post vids, so things like squats tend to turn into a "oh well if you're not repping 2 plates no prob then you suck" sorta thing when that's really not accurate at all.) Are you progressing on leg exercises? That's the main thing IMO.
    Ack, I HATE it when that happens! Sometimes when I'm making a long one I'll type it up in MS word just in case. Hahaha!
    ^^^Turkey wisdom! I'll do that sometimes, or just copy what I wrote to the clipboard in case I get those weird "we can't find da interwebz" warning when I hit Post.

Forearm thing - I have (although it's barely noticable anymore) golfers elbow. Even when it was really horrible and bothered me on bench, curls, holding a squat bar, etc it never manifested itself down my forearm but that's just me. My actual elbow joint would hurt like a mo-fo. Going crazy with the glucosamine fixed that for me, srs.

***Whoa, good thing I copied my post, just got some weird warning message saying I don't have permission to post lol, thought I was banned for a minute or something.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If it's on the inside, it's golfer's elbow, not tennis elbow, Ms Rickie, but yeah, they're both just elbow tendinitis and they cause wicked forearm pain. I had it a couple years ago and it took about two weeks of massive ibuprophen intake and icing for it to go away. I lifted through it, which probably wasn't very smart, but I did try to avoid anything that irritated it--basically anything that would give me a forearm pump. So, yeah, ice/NSAIDs/rest should clear it up in a couple weeks if that's what it is.
    I had the same thing and it was awful! Mine took quite a while to resolve. I did wear a compression sleeve when I lifted and it seemed to help a bit, along with ibuprofen and ice, but it honestly didn't totally clear up until I stopped doing any lift that exacerbated it. It was really frustrating, but it was the only thing that truly resolved it. I haven't had it since. Yay!!!

Awesome new avi You look amazing!!!
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

Hey Drea! Thanks for the info! Ibuprofen and ice. Got it.

Stephen had something like that wrong with his forearm too! It went away eventually, but he did rest it from everything that made it hurt.

That's awesome about your friend : ) So much cooler when they actually listen!!! : D I hate it when they waste your time by not listening, or by listening, and then quitting after 2 days : p

Yay for packing! : D

Hope the physiotherapist can help with your hip issues! That has to have an impact on how much weight you can push/pull, for sure!

Have a good day at work today : )
    If I had to rest from EVERYTHING that hurt... I'd have people opening doors for me and everything. Haha. Oh, wait, this in NL. People open doors for you anyway!

I am really hoping she keeps it up. She was directing a concert at her school last night, and we drove out to support her (about an hour away) - and in her "work clothes" I can already see a difference! And she's loving getting stronger (those newb gains!). I hope it sticks!!

Yay packing! Hahahaha. Wanna come help? I will pay you in homemade chocolate chip cookies - I just made a batch!

Physio was helpful. There was a cancellation and I got in early! Yay! More about that later.

I had a great day at work. Thanks!

Sorry to hear about the pain, Rickie : ( Definitely get it looked at or buy a wrap/brace for when you lift...it couldn't hurt. Good luck with the move and congrats on being a successful trainer. ; )
    Silly pain! Who needs it, anyway?! Haha. The move will be total chaos, but between everyone, I'm sure it will get done eventually... I would love to be a "real" personal trainer. I think that would be so much fun! Almost as fun as being a classroom teacher.

Hey DM! You know all about pain issues. <3

Naproxen, hey? I think Aleve is the same thing? Just in a smaller dose? That's a really good idea about the ice - would never have thought about that!

I never, ever do bicep stuff. That might be strange... Haha. Maybe I should start? I dunno. When I was doing bicep stuff, my forearm was really hurting, so I just cut it out entirely. I will definitely keep the grip suggestions in mind. Thanks!

Originally Posted by MRTBOSS View Post
    The ice massage worked very well! It burns a bit but you just keep working through it until it goes numb. It takes a couple minutes for the burn to stop and do not go any longer than 7 mins or so. (massage your whole forearm and around your elbow and the lowest part of your bicep.)
    DM is right about the broken grip on curls. You will not get a full range of motion but it really concentrates on the biceps. Get yourself some wraps to assist you for back and other grip extreme exercises. (takes the strain off) When you get back to 100% healthy again do not straighten your arms all the way for curls. Leave yourself a 20degree deflection at the bottom as it does not irritate those muscles that are injured right now as much. Physio and grip changes will definately help.
    Hi, Mr. DM!

I shall prepare myself for mild to moderate frostbite Thanks!

I've already got straps for DLing, etc - I wouldn't be able to live without them - they make such a big difference!! I'll definitely keep an eye on ROM when I feel something tweaking in my arm from here on out.

Originally Posted by Luvdogs View Post
    Hi Rickie, packing is such a chore, but at least you get to clean out stuff as you go along!

Injuries are tough. Rest them up, it's important for them to heal fully. Otherwise you are always on the mend.
    Hi Julia - We have been throwing out lots of stuff - it's kind of liberating. Haha. Although, I am a huge pack-rat, and have an emotional attachment to almost everything I own. I still have every single birthday card I've gotten since my first birthday (at my parent's house, of course). I have issues. In case we hadn't already established that.

That's good advice - resting is hard, but I think at this point it's necessary. I just need to suck it up. The gym will still be there when I go back!!

Originally Posted by Echo814 View Post
    Hey Rickie!

at the guy OHP those 110lbs DBs! I would've stared too. When I was working out at Golds I caught Beatha during one of her squatting sessions and there was a guy in the rack next to her working with six plates on each side. We both just watched and mumbled about how awesome that was : D

Sorry to hear about the hip and arm pain : ( I hope it gets better and the physio can help with it : )

I smile and chuckled a bit about the "cake" and your decorations You're too cute Rickie : )

I am joining you in the packing hell as of today. Moving is a pain but we are both going to better places, yay for yards and more room!
    Hi Momma E!

It makes me happy to see dudes lifting heavy in this tiny town. Especially with good form. It's refreshing.

I hope it gets better too! Hopefully with the physio exercises and rest it'll all clear up soon.

Me? Cute?! D'Awww.

Yay yards! Yay more room! YAY!

Urgh I hate packing/moving, but once you're all settled in to your new place it'll be awesome! : ) Of course I don't like seeing that some thing are not going well, but it is kinda comforting to see people are willing to share their issues here srs. Weak legs? Why do you say that exactly? If you're going by squat numbers I wouldn't be too concerned unless they are really REALLY low. (Most people here e-stat and never post vids, so things like squats tend to turn into a "oh well if you're not repping 2 plates no prob then you suck" sorta thing when that's really not accurate at all.) Are you progressing on leg exercises? That's the main thing IMO.

^^^Turkey wisdom! I'll do that sometimes, or just copy what I wrote to the clipboard in case I get those weird "we can't find da interwebz" warning when I hit Post.

Forearm thing - I have (although it's barely noticable anymore) golfers elbow. Even when it was really horrible and bothered me on bench, curls, holding a squat bar, etc it never manifested itself down my forearm but that's just me. My actual elbow joint would hurt like a mo-fo. Going crazy with the glucosamine fixed that for me, srs.

***Whoa, good thing I copied my post, just got some weird warning message saying I don't have permission to post lol, thought I was banned for a minute or something.
    I am really looking forward to having the whole move done with. Settled is what I want to be.

I say I have weak legs, because my numbers refuse to go up. I think this is, in part, because of my pain issues. I can't put more weight on the bar, because I can hardly squat to parallel without excruciating pain. And I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to feel like that!! Haha. So yeah. I'm not progressing on leg exercises. But it's because I can't handle the pain, not because I can't push the weight. Does that make sense?

I am gonna have to hook myself up with some glucosamine. I trust Auntie Hammie in all of her glorious wisdom!

Originally Posted by swooshie View Post
    I had the same thing and it was awful! Mine took quite a while to resolve. I did wear a compression sleeve when I lifted and it seemed to help a bit, along with ibuprofen and ice, but it honestly didn't totally clear up until I stopped doing any lift that exacerbated it. It was really frustrating, but it was the only thing that truly resolved it. I haven't had it since. Yay!!!

Awesome new avi You look amazing!!!
    Hey Swoosh! Yeah, I've been told to take a break from lifting. I was planning to do that during the week I'm visiting my baby nephew, 'cause I haven't had a "rest week" in ages... but it looks like it's going to be more than a week this time. Hopefully I don't drive myself crazy in the meantime. My inner voice will be saying, "You are going to get FAT again! Your little baby muscles that you've worked so hard for are all going to FALL OFF!" Haha.

Thanks! (I can't believe THE Swooshie thinks I look amazing!!) Hahaha

Hi guise and gals!

So. Here we have it:

- Got into physio yesterday, because they had a cancellation. Yay!

- Verdict: I am all messed up. Haha. I can't remember all of the terminology, but the long and short of it is that my pelvis is splaying, and my hip flexors are too strong/tight (?) and it's causing all kinds of terrible pain.

- Physiotherapist ordered me to do narrow-stance squats. I will listen to him, because he used to lift heavy himself (he said it eventually became an unhealthy addiction for him (I'm thinking maybe it was jeopardizing his relationship? Just extrapolating) so he stopped lifting). Anyway. He obviously knows what he's talking about, and he puts an interesting spin on it from a physio perspective.

- He had me do a BW squat with feet narrow, and there was still pain (because I'm all messed up currently) but there was much less of it. Yay!

- He thinks my forearm issues are from overuse (read: lack of rest?).

- I have been ordered to stop lifting NOW, and not start again until after I get home from New Brunswick. That's, like, two weeks!!

- The provincial budget came down yesterday afternoon, and it is bad. Really scary. They're cutting a ridiculous number of teaching positions. Looks like I'm never going to have a "real" job.

- They're also making major cuts to healthcare. Which means hubs' job is in jeopardy. We won't know anything about that for about another 8 weeks. I'll probably have given myself an ulcer by then. Haha. Great time to buy a house, Rickie. Awesome.

Anyway. No use worrying about that now. I know (in my head) that everything will work out one way or another. I just don't like the waiting game, the uncertainty of everything. Type-As aren't good with not knowing. Haha

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Glad you got in to the physio and sounds like he actually knows something too. Take your rest and enjoy it, you have been on such a long road this last year and have done amazingly well. You will reset and kick arse going forward!

Sounds like stretchy stretchy stretchy times for you ahead Hip flexor pain sucks as that is where some of mine is but then it radiates to glute and down the quad (so really my entire leg/ass) but stretching does improve it.

Sorry to hear about the budget but I find that it may be better that you don't have fulltime position as teachers will take more "stress/ill" days which means more work for you and you may end up better off. (My husbands entire one side of his family is teachers - crazy out of 7 kids 3 became teachers and a couple also married teachers). Don't sweat it life has this wonderful way of working out and you have definitely earned a lot of karma in your life (easier said than done - I know also freaky type A here)
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883