gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How am I doing so far? 36lbs lost in 5 months.

In college, I used to lift pretty religiously and maintained a pretty solid figure. Over the years, I let myself go a bit, while I still continued to lift my diet was terrible.

This year on January 19th, knowing that I was turning 30 in April, I decided I would get to single-digit body fat for the first time in my life. So, I went and got a DEXA, and to my dismay, I had a long road starting at 6'2 203lbs, and 28% BF.

Eight weeks later, on 3/15, I took another DEXA and dropped to 187.5lbs and 21.6% BF. A loss of 15.5lbs in 8 weeks.

My next DEXA was on 4/12, 4 weeks after the second. I was able to reach 18.2% body fat at 181.3lbs. A loss of 6.2lbs in the four weeks.

My 4th DEXA was on 5/11 when I came in at 176lbs at 14.3% body fat. A loss of 5.3lbs in the four weeks.

My last DEXA was 6/8, and I came in at 170.5lbs at 13% body fat. I lost another 5.5lbs. I was highly disappointed with this, so I increased my cardio by roughly 25 minutes daily this month. I also increased my gym intensity, maintaining a heart rate of approximately 160 BPM for the entire hour of my heavy lifting workouts.

This leads me to where I am currently as of 7/4, awaiting my next DEXA on 7/6. I am currently 167lbs, and weight loss has slowed considerably, which was always expected.

To date, I have lost 36lbs in 23 weeks. I have also managed to put on several lbs of LBM.

Currently, I do a 6-day split.
    Chest/Back
    Shoulders/Arms
    Legs
    Repeat

I do 45 minutes a day (7 days a week) of cardio slow steady-state incline walking and eat roughly 2000 calories daily; all scale weighed to the gram.

How's the progress thus far? Where do you guys think I will land on this DEXA in a couple of days? What tips and tricks do you have for going from low teens down to my goal of 7% BF?

Before
    imgur.com/a/jwlrAIW

Current
    imgur.com/a/ImeQszW
    Last edited by gorebrah44; 07-04-2022 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Figured out how to post pictures.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gorebrah44 View Post
    I am currently 167lbs
    https://imgur.com/a/jwlrAIW

This doesn't look like 6'2, 167lbs. I would have put you at ~30% bf. You still have a lot of fat to lose.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gorebrah44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post

This doesn't look like 6'2, 167lbs. I would have put you at ~30% bf. You still have a lot of fat to lose.
    That's the before picture at 203 28% BF.

The current pic is here. Can't link it again. Went through all the how-to's and none of them worked for new posters.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/ImeQszW"><a href="//imgur.com/a/ImeQszW"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At 6'2" if you're already down to 167 pounds and over 12% bodyfat (which is how you look in the photo) then you may not have enough muscle mass established to support getting down to single-digit bodyfat without getting extremely skinny.

People who go down to single digits generally only get down to single digits for stage competitions, since the level of commitment and the toll on your body to go down that low are extreme.

If you are hell bent on going down to 7% just keep in mind that you will likely lose some muscle going down to single digits, and you will probably lose your libido as well (yes, your penis will probably stop working), as well as making you feel like absolute crap.

To be honest you look great where you're sitting right now, you're at a sustainable good looking physique. But you do whatever you want.
    Last edited by xsquid99; 07-04-2022 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Edited after looking at photos
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    I can't get to your current pic, but at 6'2" if you're already down to 167 pounds and over 12% bodyfat then you do not have enough muscle mass established to support getting down to single-digit bodyfat.

People who go down to single digits have been training for at least 5 years consistently, and generally only get down to single digits for stage competitions, since the level of commitment and the toll on your body to go down that low are extreme.

If you are hell bent on going down to 7% just keep in mind that you will likely lose muscle going down to single digits, and you will probably lose your libido as well (yes, your penis will probably stop working), as well as making you feel like absolute crap.
    Looks like I just needed to remove the http.

Before
    imgur.com/a/jwlrAIW

Current
    imgur.com/a/ImeQszW

Update:

Thank you, man! I was hoping to be under 12% come Wednesday, but as you mentioned this month, the fat didn't seem to fall off like the previous ones. The only changes I've seen since my last DEXA is veins running through my obliques and up into the rib cage, along with some coming into my chest and slightly better abdominal definition.

Currently, I feel better and better every day and don't find myself hungry at all, consuming 2k calories. But if I get to a point where I start getting adverse side effects, that's certainly where I'll draw the line.
    Last edited by gorebrah44; 07-04-2022 at 06:34 PM. Reason: updated due to his update

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You've made a TON of progress! Nice job. Just continue the lifting, trying to 'up' the weight lifted every week or two. Again, very good progress.

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great job. Didn't expect you to look that muscular at that bodyweight at 6 foot 2. What are your lifts out of curiosity?

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Great job. Didn't expect you to look that muscular at that bodyweight at 6 foot 2. What are your lifts out of curiosity?
    Thank you, man!

I don't do a lot of 1RM. I did bench about a month ago and hit 275. Guessing this has come down a little bit. Currently repping 185 for 13/14.

Deadlift I can pull 315 x 12 w/o straps, which tends to be my failure point due to grip strength.

My squat isn't great—roughly 225 x 12.

My shoulder press is around 115 x 11/12.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gorebrah44 View Post
    Looks like I just needed to remove the http.

Before
    imgur.com/a/jwlrAIW

Current
    imgur.com/a/ImeQszW

Update:

Thank you, man! I was hoping to be under 12% come Wednesday, but as you mentioned this month, the fat didn't seem to fall off like the previous ones. The only changes I've seen since my last DEXA is veins running through my obliques and up into the rib cage, along with some coming into my chest and slightly better abdominal definition.

Currently, I feel better and better every day and don't find myself hungry at all, consuming 2k calories. But if I get to a point where I start getting adverse side effects, that's certainly where I'll draw the line.
    Good job. I only saw the before photo and thought that was your current.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Update: I took another DEXA today. I ended up landing at 9.2% BF, a 3.8% BF drop from 13% over the previous four weeks. It seems like I'll be wrapping up the goal over the next month if I can maintain my diet and training regimen.

Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Fantastic progress man, what training regimen are you on if you don't mind me asking?

Originally Posted by Spyrith View Post
    Fantastic progress man, what training regimen are you on if you don't mind me asking?
    Thank you!

This gives you an idea of my activity levels throughout the day.

imgur.com/a/jYKuj53

Monday: Chest / Back
    Tuesday: Arms / Shoulders
    Wednesday: Legs
    Thursday: Chest / Back
    Friday: Arms / Shoulders
    Saturday or Sunday: Legs

I do abs every day (I know this isn't advisable but it's to keep my heart rate up). I superset everything and generally only have enough rest time to take in 5 or 6 deep breaths then on to the next one. All of my workouts last right around the hour mark and generally have right around 50 sets of 10/12 in them. My watch says I maintain an average heart rate of around 155 during my lifting workouts.

I do 45 minutes of 3MPH 12% incline cardio daily with 20 minutes in the AM and 25 after my midday workout.
    Last edited by gorebrah44; 07-07-2022 at 05:34 AM.

stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/jwlrAIW

Have to agree with this.

I'm similar stats to you OP and have done a VERY similar cut before and I was a lot more defined than this at 168lb,a lot more.

Are you seriously neglecting legs? Just trying to help here, don't neglect legs.

*edit just saw your actual now pics, excellent progress I owouldnt reccomend cutting lower at this stage, you'll start wheel spinning and it won't be worth it for a fractional improvement.

andythetank is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Body Fat Percentage Estimate

Looking for some input on what my body fat percentage is. I say around 25%. Apparently I can’t post pictures because I have zero posts. Lol that helps a lot. I can message pictures whoever would want to give their input.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by andythetank View Post
    Looking for some input on what my body fat percentage is. I say around 25%. Apparently I can’t post pictures because I have zero posts. Lol that helps a lot. I can message pictures whoever would want to give their input.
    You can upload pictures to your bodyspace.

This is an odd place to post this request. Not many will see it. Perhaps repost it here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1665449573