Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Was This A Crazy Purchase?

I've read through my old thread asking about kettlebell suggestions and I finally came upon the decision to get Kettlebell Kings competition 20kg and 24kg bell...I bought the 24kg bell first because the 20kg bell wasn't in stock, but I'll keep on the look out for it...saved an initial 10% off and they mentioned honoring the 5% for two bells in a split purchase once the other bell is back in stock and purchased.

Their return policy and warranty look promising too which factored in my decision as well. I'm new to professional quality KBs and am wondering if this purchase was total overkill for my experience level with these, mainly speaking upon going directly towards the competition bells?

Well if anything I'll see how I like 'em and they should be fun to utilize within my weightlifting and perhaps some cardio...maybe I'll even pick up some of the other skills they offer...anyway that's my rant. Thoughts welcome.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    I've read through my old thread asking about kettlebell suggestions and I finally came upon the decision to get Kettlebell Kings competition 20kg and 24kg bell...I bought the 24kg bell first because the 20kg bell wasn't in stock, but I'll keep on the look out for it...saved an initial 10% off and they mentioned honoring the 5% for two bells in a split purchase once the other bell is back in stock and purchased.

Their return policy and warranty look promising too which factored in my decision as well. I'm new to professional quality KBs and am wondering if this purchase was total overkill for my experience level with these, mainly speaking upon going directly towards the competition bells?

Well if anything I'll see how I like 'em and they should be fun to utilize within my weightlifting and perhaps some cardio...maybe I'll even pick up some of the other skills they offer...anyway that's my rant. Thoughts welcome.
    The starting recommendation of 16kg KB is really quite low, 24 will be fine for you. I have a 28KG and a 16KG from Diamond Pro, very inexpensive high quality cast iron KBs, they were about $1/lb. I don't know if I'd bother with a 20KG if I were you, might be kind of light.

Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

No, money well spent IMO. I have a 12kg, 16kg, 24kg and 32kg and use all of them for different lifts. And I am going to purchase the 20kg and 28kg in the near future from Kettlebell Kings.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lol it's like asking a bunch of alcoholics if you should try this other kind of liquor.

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's the price difference between the comp. bells and the standard bells? For me, the price difference was too much to justify, so I got standard.
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That seems like a good purchase to me. If you don't have any complaints with it then, good for you.

mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I guess it would depend on how much use you get out of them now and in the future. I have the full competition set from 8kg- 36kg. I’ve owned competition KBs before (filler type), but these are way better in terms of both quality and feel (since these are the hollow type).
    I also appreciate the standard size on all the KB regardless of weight. The standard size of competition KBs is especially helpful for the TGU and presses, where hand/wrist placement inside of the window is key. Otherwise, It would be a pain to have to get used to a new KB window size, bell size, handle diameter etc., every time anyone went up in weight.

Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    The starting recommendation of 16kg KB is really quite low, 24 will be fine for you. I have a 28KG and a 16KG from Diamond Pro, very inexpensive high quality cast iron KBs, they were about $1/lb. I don't know if I'd bother with a 20KG if I were you, might be kind of light.
    I appreciate the vote in confidence on my decision, do you use yours for only swings and presses, or other specific movements as well?
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 04-20-2021 at 06:33 PM.

Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't you know that Kettlebells are used in pairs?
    You need two of each.

The 'Swing' is the least you can do with a KB. There are a lot of pressing, pulling and squatting exercises that are a good variations to the barbell work.
    There is an initial learning curve, though.

I use them once per (7-10 days) cycle as ballistic/power workout.

Pair of 24kg is probably the most practical.
    I wish I had 26 or 28kg. Double 32kg can be intimidating at times.

If you really want just one unit exclusively for Swing, than 32kg is a minimum. If available go for heavier ones.
    Attached Images

Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Lol it's like asking a bunch of alcoholics if you should try this other kind of liquor.
    Yep, but he knew that before he asked.
    Last edited by Leprechuan71; 04-24-2021 at 07:29 AM.

Originally Posted by Oxidated View Post
    Don't you know that Kettlebells are used in pairs?
    You need two of each.

The 'Swing' is the least you can do with a KB. There are a lot of pressing, pulling and squatting exercises that are a good variations to the barbell work.
    There is an initial learning curve, though.

I use them once per (7-10 days) cycle as ballistic/power workout.

Pair of 24kg is probably the most practical.
    I wish I had 26 or 28kg. Double 32kg can be intimidating at times.

If you really want just one unit exclusively for Swing, than 32kg is a minimum. If available go for heavier ones.
    Thanks for the advice and not sure if you're still looking, but the 26 and 28kg's are back in stock...now I'm almost contemplating if going with two of those heavier increments would've been wiser to get...anyways I could always get another 24kg to pair 'em for double arm movements, or keep it as a single set for now and see how I like using it and maybe get a heavier increment to compliment it start off with due to them honoring of the 5% discount when getting any two of them.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 04-20-2021 at 06:34 PM. Reason: My post accidently got deleted while editing it, so reposted it.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I appreciate the vote in confidence on my decision, do you use yours for only swings and presses, or other specific movements as well?
    Not a serious kettlebell guy. Mostly swings, one arm, two arm, lots of reps, sometimes I do hang cleans. I don't really use the 16KG much at all except for warmups, it feels really light. Maybe if I take a few weeks off the 28KG and then come back to it. For presses I just use the dumbbells. I'm not a kettlebell person, its of more a supplement to the other stuff I do. Most of my workout time these days is on the rower, as an aside I noticed that once I started doing harder rowing workouts with rating caps such as 30R20 (basically a time trial of 30 mins, 20 SPM) my strength on kettlebells and lat pulldown increased a lot. My situation is kind of unique having had two spinal cord surgeries so I can't/don't really want to use more weight on swings, I just add more reps, otherwise I'd have just got a loadable handle.

Anyway, I'd probably just skip the 20KG. Try the 24 and see how that goes. My comment was more to reassure you that 24KG is a fine starting weight.
    Last edited by ampire; 04-20-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Lmao, we're all in this together and we need some serious help.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    I would only consider it for the most casual use. Definitely not in pair.
    Main reason is that KBs get bumped against each other a lot. Even the cast 'competition' ones can rattle out their insides. (Shell is filled with liquid metal to make the desired weight, so there's not the same lump of metal inside 16kg and 32kg)
    I wouldn't trust Titan shell to sustain much abuse. Price isn't so good anyway.
    There are 'adjustable' KBs where you can add a lot more plates from the bottom, but those are only practical for Swings.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is the cheapest competition set?
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

I found another discount coupon code to add to the 5% pairing to get another bell, I decided to start with singles first and get a heavier one. For the second bell would I be better off going right to the 32kg bell, or get a 28kg after my 24kg one?

I'm gonna say my main lifts I'll use with these for now will be both one and double arm swings, clean and presses, goblet squats (with a single bell for now) and rows.

Update: I went right for the 32kg bell for swings along with the 24kg bell on the way.

If anyone's looking for 10% off Kettlebell Kings codes here's two I found and used on two separate purchases...GGE and TCKB.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 04-22-2021 at 05:08 PM.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    Pretty expensive for an adjustable that only goes up to 70 lbs.

I received the 32kg bell super fast! Ordered it on Thursday evening and surprisingly was delivered today on a Sunday of all days and their sales rep Jeff is awesome and very helpful with the process (I recommend reaching out to him with any info, or concerns).

Both bells are extremely well built and I certainly anticipate a bit of a learning curve to them and will keep practicing...mainly swings and clean and press for now. I'll edit this post with pics soon.

I received the 32kg bell super fast! Ordered it on Thursday evening and surprisingly was delivered today on a Sunday of all days and their sales rep Jeff is awesome and very helpful with the process (I recommend reaching out to him with any info, or concerns).

Both bells are extremely well built and I certainly anticipate a bit of a learning curve to them and will keep practicing...mainly swings and clean and press for now. I'll edit this post with pics soon.
    There is an overwhelming amount of videos about KBs on YouTube.
    Years ago when I was more into it, this guy's DVDs were helpful: https://www.youtube.com/user/IKFFChannel/videos
    I recommend getting proficient at 'cleaning' the bells, then clean-and-jerk and snatch.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The hard style explosive swing is the most important kettlebell exercise and quite possibly the best exercise... period! Everything else is better done with dumbbells or barbells.

Oxidated,

Thanks for the advice, I checked out the channel and he got some good/borderline extreme content on it lol.

supramax,

I'm gonna start adding swings in place of ab wheel rollouts on the abs portion of my upper/lower split on lower days...now if only I can add another movement in place of hitting calves that also doesn't suck.

...supramax,

I'm gonna start adding swings in place of ab wheel rollouts on the abs portion of my upper/lower split on lower days...now if only I can add another movement in place of hitting calves that also doesn't suck.
    I superset/pair ab wheel rollouts with kettlebell swings.

Try doing a leg plyometrics jumping routine twice a week. That will hit your calves and a whole lot more.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    Try doing a leg plyometrics jumping routine twice a week. That will hit your calves and a whole lot more.
    I've found this to be the case as well. Try hopping on one foot for 30-60 sec. Consciously make a pattern on the floor so you are hopping different directions. You'll feel it in your calf for sure.

I superset/pair ab wheel rollouts with kettlebell swings.

I might have to try that superset sounds brutal for the abs and today is my last lower day of the week...to be fair I do notice some definition in the core from ab wheel rollouts, they're just more time consuming and monotonously boring lol.

I also been tinkering with lighter zombie squats on my 3rd compound movement after squats and RDLs since clean grip doesn't agree with me on front squats and the cross grip is meh...I also feel my core gets hit decently on these, only thing is sometimes my neck gets kinda irritated during the lift. I might consider kettlebell goblet squats on this portion (ideally with two KBs at some point to make it more of a loaded front squat).

MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is there a particular reason why you haven't bought an Ironmaster kettlebell handle?

Originally Posted by MdeJ75 View Post
    Is there a particular reason why you haven't bought an Ironmaster kettlebell handle?
    It only goes up to 80 lbs and it's out of stock.

I might have to try that superset sounds brutal for the abs and today is my last lower day of the week...to be fair I do notice some definition in the core from ab wheel rollouts, they're just more time consuming and monotonously boring lol.
    If you go slow with proper technique, you don't need to do many each set.

I also been tinkering with lighter zombie squats on my 3rd compound movement after squats and RDLs since clean grip doesn't agree with me on front squats and the cross grip is meh...I also feel my core gets hit decently on these, only thing is sometimes my neck gets kinda irritated during the lift. I might consider kettlebell goblet squats on this portion (ideally with two KBs at some point to make it more of a loaded front squat).
    My squat of choice is the hang (weight in hands held at sides) squat. Put some tuck jumps in that plyo routine and see what they do to the abs.

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lmao, we're all in this together and we need some serious help.
    Hi my names Rick , and I’m an ironalcoholic
    Chit, I think I’ve got it the worst guys. In my defence,I rarely use

Srs though. About kettle bells . I’m not sure if there necessary?
    Attached Images
    Make Misc great again

MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It only goes up to 80 lbs and it's out of stock.
    Aha i understand.
    I thought for kettlebell 80lbs was quite heavy, maybe i'm a weakling...........