Page 271 of 278 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,130 of 8322
    Mabooz9566 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm planing to run the intermediate lower/upper. (I'm 26 not 51)

I have few questions

1- do I need to add abs workout? If so how can I do it? I don't want to shake the balance.

2- I have weak/small calvs. I don't see any calv isolation workouts. What shall I do?

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mabooz9566 View Post
    I'm planing to run the intermediate lower/upper. (I'm 26 not 51)

I have few questions

1- do I need to add abs workout? If so how can I do it? I don't want to shake the balance.

2- I have weak/small calvs. I don't see any calv isolation workouts. What shall I do?
    Abs and calves are in the program. ðŸ’â€â™‚ï¸

The Intermediate Upper/Lower

Upper A
    Bench 3x5
    Incline Bench 3x8
    Lat Pulldowns 3x8 (any grip)
    Bent Over Rows 3x8
    Curls 3x10/Reverse Flies 3x12 Superset

Lower A
    Squats 3x5
    Weighted Back Extensions 3x8
    Leg Press 3x10
    Leg Curls 3x10
    Ab work 3x15/Calf raises 3x12 Superset

Upper B
    OHP 3x5
    Flies 3x10
    Pullups 3x8
    Pendlay Rows 3x8
    Face Pulls 3x12/Tricep pressdowns 3x10 Superset

Lower B
    Front Squat 3x5
    Romanian Deadlift 3x8
    Leg Extensions 3x10
    Leg Curls 3x10
    Ab work 3x15/Calf Raises 3x12 Superset
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

leedslad13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Quick question on the inter/advanced push pull LLP. On the legs day is it squat and deadlift on the same day? You don't alternate between squats and deads depending on what you did on the first lower day? Thanks

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by leedslad13 View Post
    Quick question on the inter/advanced push pull LLP. On the legs day is it squat and deadlift on the same day? You don't alternate between squats and deads depending on what you did on the first lower day? Thanks
    Both are on the same day. However once you're advanced enough to need that program you could alternate. In my case, I don't have enough time to do both on the same day. So I simply drop DL on the lower day and do a DL/Lunge combo on the second leg day. The lunge obviously replaces the squat on the leg day.

leedslad13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Both are on the same day. However once you're advanced enough to need that program you could alternate. In my case, I don't have enough time to do both on the same day. So I simply drop DL on the lower day and do a DL/Lunge combo on the second leg day. The lunge obviously replaces the squat on the leg day.
    Cheers bro. So you squat and dead on the first lower day?
    I'm not advanced, been running the inter upper/lower for quite a while and just fancied a change up. Will see how I get on, brutal day really squats, deads and good mornings! Make you or break you!

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by leedslad13 View Post
    Cheers bro. So you squat and dead on the first lower day?
    I'm not advanced, been running the inter upper/lower for quite a while and just fancied a change up. Will see how I get on, brutal day really squats, deads and good mornings! Make you or break you!
    I only squat on the first lower day now.

Lower- Squat, DB RDL, leg press, leg curl, calf, abs
    Legs- DL, DB lunge, leg curl, leg ext, calf, abs

So I am back with the intermediate upper lower, and I want to make sure that I get it right.

I have few questions here
    1- for exercises like Lat pull down, leg extension... what is the rest period between sets? 2 min or 30 sec
    2- For reverse flies, do I do anything that considered reverse fly or there is a recommended one?
    3- I see leg curls is found in lower A and in lower b, within the same week, do I maintain the same weight for this or do I increase the load in lower B?
    4- So I understand for upper body I should be adding 5lb every 2 weeks, but what about for workouts like pullup? do I also add weights here or how is it?
    5- when I do Pendlay rows, my hamstring is activated alot, is this normal or not? not I feel I am doing the form correctly but as I said, there is alot of hamstring activation going on.

Thank you

140point6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Really been enjoying the F5 novice routine so far (started with 2 weeks of almost no weight to get form right, then another workout A and B simply to find my approximate 5RM). Since then, removed 50% from that 5RM, and started this past week. Today will be workout #3 this week, going back to workout A with my first 15% progression. I am loving lifting for the first time in my life (and I've tried many time in the past).

Question I have is, with only 3 workout days per week, I find myself wanting to lift everyday but being strict with the plan means I should just take my rest days. Is this normal? I can't wait for my next workout! I need to figure out what to do with myself on these days off (cardio... i know...)

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 140point6 View Post
    Really been enjoying the F5 novice routine so far (started with 2 weeks of almost no weight to get form right, then another workout A and B simply to find my approximate 5RM). Since then, removed 50% from that 5RM, and started this past week. Today will be workout #3 this week, going back to workout A with my first 15% progression. I am loving lifting for the first time in my life (and I've tried many time in the past).

Question I have is, with only 3 workout days per week, I find myself wanting to lift everyday but being strict with the plan means I should just take my rest days. Is this normal? I can't wait for my next workout! I need to figure out what to do with myself on these days off (cardio... i know...)
    Honestly... You can run it Every other day instead of mwf.

Providing your schedule can accommodate it.
    The 2 rest days aren't 100% necessary unless you are cutting hard, sleeping badly, going to failure on every set (which you have stated in so many words, isn't the case in your post 😉)

Mon
    Wed
    Fri
    Sun
    Tue
    Thu
    Sat
    Mon
    Ect
    FMH crew - Couch.

140point6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post

The 2 rest days aren't 100% necessary unless you are cutting hard, sleeping badly, going to failure on every set (which you have stated in so many words, isn't the case in your post 😉)

Mon
    Wed
    Fri
    Sun
    Tue
    Thu
    Sat
    Mon
    Ect
    Awesome, thanks for that. That was my original plan, then I was worried I was doing something wrong with not taking that extra day every week. I'm taking your advice, cheers!

Mon
    Wed
    Fri
    Sun
    Tue
    Thu
    Sat
    Mon
    Ect
    Wait, can we go to failure on our sets? I find my self in a similar position, but I am doing intermediate. And I feel the rest days are long.

Can I go to failure or should I stick with the reps provided? I don't want to mess with the workout balance

Originally Posted by Mabooz9566 View Post
    Wait, can we go to failure on our sets? I find my self in a similar position, but I am doing intermediate. And I feel the rest days are long.

Can I go to failure or should I stick with the reps provided? I don't want to mess with the workout balance
    Failure = not getting all the reps the prescribed number of reps. Then You repeat or reset as specified.

What You are taking about are amraps.. And no, you just do the reps listed. Going until you miss its counter productive anyway.
    FMH crew - Couch.

Originally Posted by 140point6 View Post

Yup its normal at that level. Then once you're late intermediate/advanced you'll wish you could still make gains only lifting 3 days per week. I'm on the 5 day plan and I'd love to only lift 3 days lol.

anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anothergymer1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For the advanced Upper/Lower and PPL, is it essential to take that off day? Or can you move it to make it so that you workout Mon-Fri and take the weekend off?

Originally Posted by anothergymer1 View Post
    For the advanced Upper/Lower and PPL, is it essential to take that off day? Or can you move it to make it so that you workout Mon-Fri and take the weekend off?
    Sure. That's fine.
    FMH crew - Couch.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I did the same thing in college. Workout M-F with the weekend off. It was a 3 week cycle with Wednesday being the one day of the week I just did one part of the PPL.

Its something you'll have to experiment with. I don't like heavy pulling on upper day and then deadlifts the very next day. 5 days in a row overtime will burn out a lot of people. I'd be curious how this works out for you.

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Its something you'll have to experiment with. I don't like heavy pulling on upper day and then deadlifts the very next day. 5 days in a row overtime will burn out a lot of people. I'd be curious how this works out for you.
    I’m still learning and making mistakes but I learnt the hard way that recovery is as important as the stimulus. Take that day off what’s the hurry? You’ll be better recovered for your next workout and In turn give your muscles better stimulus
    **^^ gone ^^**

Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    I’m still learning and making mistakes but I learnt the hard way that recovery is as important as the stimulus. Take that day off what’s the hurry? You’ll be better recovered for your next workout and In turn give your muscles better stimulus
    Yup. In general I think most people are probably better off with the upper lower anyway. Which solves the issue by giving op the weekends off.

Cammg95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    The Novice Full Body Program

Workout A
    Squat 3x5
    Bench 3x5
    Pendlay Rows 3x8
    Face Pulls 3x10
    Calf raises 2x15/Tricep pressdowns 2x10 Superset

Workout B
    Front Squat 3x5
    Overhead Press 3x5
    Romanian Deadlift 3x8
    Lat Pulldowns 3x8 (any grip)
    Ab work 2x15/Curls 2x10 Superset (I don’t care what ab work you do)

You will be working out 3 nonconsecutive days a week and alternating between workouts A & B. Ex: Mon-A, Tues-Rest, Wed-B, Thur-Rest, Fri-A, Sat-Rest, Sun-Rest, Mon-B…etc. Each week you’ll add 5 lbs to all of your upper body lifts* and 10lbs to all of your lower body lifts.

*Reverse flies will increase 5lbs per month, leg curls (if subbed) will increase 5lbs per week and ab work increases in reps (try adding a few reps each week.) If you are unable to increase weight in these increments due to equipment limitations then, for that exercise only, increase weight every other week. For the exercises in the 5 rep range add 1 rep per set during the weeks you aren’t increasing weight. For exercises in the 8-15 range add 2 reps per set during weeks you aren’t increasing weight.

This is a question I'm repeatedly asked so here is a progression example:
    Monday-Squat-200, Bench-150
    Wednesday-Romanian Deadlift-200, OHP-100
    Friday-Squat-200, Bench-150
    Weekend of rest
    Monday-Romanian Deadlift-210, OHP-105
    Wednesday-Squat-210, Bench-155
    Friday-Romanian Deadlift-210, OHP-105

[Click to return to top]
    Do both workout sets a day or just one then workout B on the next?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cammg95 View Post
    Do both workout sets a day or just one then workout B on the next?
    You quoted the answer...

Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    You will be working out 3 nonconsecutive days a week and alternating between workouts A & B. Ex: Mon-A, Tues-Rest, Wed-B, Thur-Rest, Fri-A, Sat-Rest, Sun-Rest, Mon-B…etc.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What are people's thoughts on using this program but cutting out certain things.
    My only goals for body building is to achieve esthetics and stamina in sports.

I don't feel comfortable doing deadlifts or any kind of lower body exercises that requires bending at the pelvis.
    I am very concerned with avoiding spinal compression and lower back fatigue.
    I am comfortable doing squats but only in perfect form with a straight back. Even those I am concerned about long term back stability.

I have also read bad things about skull crushers and other exercises that put too much pressure on the joints. When you do them most of the time my joints feel sore and tense where as the muscle is stimulated yes, but not as much as the joint.

Basically I want to do this program but cut out the non-squat lower stuff. And certain iso stuff. And replace it with wire lifts.
    My gym has good band machines that can allow you to do iso exercises of the arms and legs. But the question is how much stimulation is needed to build the muscle efficiently

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Cr45 View Post
    I don't feel comfortable doing deadlifts or any kind of lower body exercises that requires bending at the pelvis.
    Just follow a Push Pull Legs program like there is in the intermediate Fierce 5. Omit the Legs day.

What are people's thoughts on using this program but cutting out certain things.
    My only goals for body building is to achieve esthetics and stamina in sports.

I am very concerned with avoiding spinal compression and lower back fatigue.
    I am comfortable doing squats but only in perfect form with a straight back. Even those I am concerned about long term back stability.

I have also read bad things about skull crushers and other exercises that put too much pressure on the joints. When you do them most of the time my joints feel sore and tense where as the muscle is stimulated yes, but not as much as the joint.

Basically I want to do this program but cut out the non-squat lower stuff. And certain iso stuff. And replace it with wire lifts.
    My gym has good band machines that can allow you to do iso exercises of the arms and legs. But the question is how much stimulation is needed to build the muscle efficiently
    Why are you concerned about any hip hinging? Compression and fatigue. Total None issues unless you have had spinal surgery or have a major situation as diagnosed by Dr and told not to.

Hips & pc are THE most important part of your body for athletic pursuits. And an "aesthetic" ass.... ONLY squatting is a receipt for... Not good things. Anterior dominance and no hamstrings makes your life suck

If joints feel bad on isos. Switch variation or do it properly. That's a no brainer.

Do what you want but you are missing out on HUGE amounts of muscle and aesthetics. If your training after all.
    FMH crew - Couch.

Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cr45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why are you concerned about any hip hinging? Compression and fatigue. Total None issues unless you have had spinal surgery or have a major situation as diagnosed by Dr and told not to.

Hips & pc are THE most important part of your body for athletic pursuits. And an "aesthetic" ass.... ONLY squatting is a receipt for... Not good things. Anterior dominance and no hamstrings makes your life suck

If joints feel bad on isos. Switch variation or do it properly. That's a no brainer.

Do what you want but you are missing out on HUGE amounts of muscle and aesthetics. If your training after all.
    Ok I agree that only doing squats neglects other muscle groups. I suppose I would focus on isolation leg lifts then.
    Deadlifts just feel awkward. Also my job involves ****ing up my back. I am 28 but already get lower back pain due to bending at my lower back for work. It's amazing how just tipping your torso forward using the lower back as a hinge will **** it up.
    Humans were meant to stay straight up. Not bend over and strain the lower back.
    Got to be other ways to recruit those muscle groups without bending the spine so much.

Also for esthetics I have naturally beefy legs and ass. Always have. If anything I want to slim them down.
    Plus the beefier your ass and thighs are the smaller your dick looks srs.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So what sport that keeps your back straight up are you trying to build endurance for?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Plus the beefier your ass and thighs are the smaller your dick looks srs.
    I beg to differ. Jean val Jean. I've seen his wanger before. No homo.

Humans were meant to stay straight up. Not bend over and strain the lower back.
    respectfully... That's complete horse ****. And you know it. Sorry.

Plus. Deadlifting isn't 'bending your lower back' you are just doing it wrong. You Hinge your hips

Good look in your future endeavours.
    FMH crew - Couch.

Willh5080 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey! About back. Is it ok to use shoulder brace during my workout?

BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000)
    Has anyone done this on a cutting diet (cal reduction). I picked up some unwanted pounds over the lockdown (and work moved to remote so I'm basically a "stay at home" dad now).

I did this for about 3 months years ago and had decent results but I was also eating in surplus. Now I'm gonna be in about 500 cals less than my maintenance but not sure if this will just burn me out.
    July15th, 2013 ==>155 lbs
    Current => 175lbs

Page 271 of 278 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 ... LastLast