Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TinderGame View Post
    I started with them.

I can now rep out 25-30 with decent form. And can do one arm on my right arm for 1-3 reps
    i do 80 real pull-ups total per day. i saw Kinobody do a few one arm pull-ups and i thought i could do at least 1. nope - not even close. very difficult!!! the grip strength required is insane.

Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GordonXXX View Post
    i do 80 real pull-ups total per day. i saw Kinobody do a few one arm pull-ups and i thought i could do at least 1. nope - not even close. very difficult!!! the grip strength required is insane.
    There is progression for that. I think it was you should be able to do weighted pull ups with @60% bodyweight. I grip train a lot, dead hang with one arm and alternate.

Also, grip is flexors. Always work your extensors as well. Seems pointless till you develop golfers elbows and physical therapist has you do therapy training that works extensors.
    ☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

Not Casca Berserk. Casca The Eternal Warrior

No period....eternal

ExiledFromFit is just really nice. (+1000) ExiledFromFit is just really nice. (+1000) ExiledFromFit is just really nice. (+1000) ExiledFromFit is just really nice. (+1000) ExiledFromFit is just really nice. (+1000) ExiledFromFit is just really nice. (+1000) ExiledFromFit is just really nice. (+1000) ExiledFromFit is just really nice. (+1000) ExiledFromFit is just really nice. (+1000) ExiledFromFit is just really nice. (+1000) ExiledFromFit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jestbrah View Post
    guess im a pussy then even though I can DL 700, row 405 for reps, lat pulldown 300, and hammer pulldown 5 plates a side for reps, and im 12-14% BF.

like i said all these people who are 230+ claiming reps on unassisted pullups likely are using momentum, chit form, and improper execution of targeted muscles. I can go worm my way through 15 pullups but im not going to be doing **** for building a wider back. Would love to show some pullup heros a correct assisted pullup and see how they feel afterward.
    This. If you can do 10 pullups at bodyweight, you're fine. It really isn't a mass builder in my opinion even though some argue against it.

There are tons of small people that use impressive additional weight on their pullups even with good form. But they still have small lats. It has more to do with body tension than with strength. If that is your goal you can do gymnastics or ballet. Just my opinion.

The Lifting Statistician Clydesdale1991's Avatar
    Clydesdale1991 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clydesdale1991 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clydesdale1991 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clydesdale1991 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clydesdale1991 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clydesdale1991 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clydesdale1991 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clydesdale1991 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clydesdale1991 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clydesdale1991 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clydesdale1991 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrPappageorgio View Post
    On one hand, you can put on a belt, attach 45lb plates that hang down like a massive iron dong and do dips.

On the other hand, you can bend your knees and hop up on a machine that will do half the work for you while everyone stares at your beta-ass and laughs.

At least do bent over rows or t-bar rows or something...

P.S. only talking about men doing this
    Those cock sits-ons you do are pretty beta too OP
    Misc Pizza King:
    "Get rekt phaggots, the pizza king is here." - MrBourbon

*HTC*

GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Casca View Post
    There is progression for that. I think it was you should be able to do weighted pull ups with @60% bodyweight. I grip train a lot, dead hang with one arm and alternate.

Also, grip is flexors. Always work your extensors as well. Seems pointless till you develop golfers elbows and physical therapist has you do therapy training that works extensors.
    he makes it look easy. it's not -

gregogallagher

Four reps on one arm pull ups !!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/4ARDZXFna8/
    Last edited by GordonXXX; 01-17-2020 at 06:31 AM.

speaking of flexors and grip - i was at an outdoor beach gym that had a pull-up bar among other outdoor equipment. the bar had a much thicker circumference than i'm used to. i banged out my usual 80 pull-ups per day over the course of my two day visit. the next few days my flexors were killing me! so bad i had to take a few days off from doing pull-ups even on my regular bar. to my surprise, the thickness of the bar really made a difference in the toll it took on my flexors. very sore for a few days but it eventually subsided.

Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GordonXXX View Post
    he makes it look easy. it's not -

gregogallagher

Four reps on one arm pull ups !!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/4ARDZXFna8/
    I never said it was easy. I said there is a progression to get there and he probably read up on progressing to it to do it. There are plenty of people doing more than 4 reps on one arm pull ups.
    ☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

No period....eternal

I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

A friend of mine did this for 3 months and than he was there. Did 8 reps after hard sparring @ 180.

He probably had a great base though. The guy is an MMA fighter and rarely lifts at all. Mostly does grapppling.

I never said it was easy. I said there is a progression to get there and he probably read up on progressing to it to do it. There are plenty of people doing more than 4 reps on one arm pull ups.
    oh yeah i didn't mean to imply that you said it was easy.

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) shesprints has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Quick question--how to work extensors? I'm getting elbow twinges just from doing GTG pull ups (like I wander around the city and jump up onto random scaffoldings throughout the day) plus, most likely, intense grip work in BJJ. It's not bad at all, but I'm mindful of it developing into true tendonitis.

ETA: the guy who said it's "only bad for guys to do assisted pull ups"--I don't think it's horrible for anyone, but I do wish more women at my gym would at least attempt progressing toward unassisted. Many of them are lean and athletic and just don't seem to know how to engage their core and lats properly. I feel they get trapped only doing assisted and never learn the right posture (hollow body position) or how to activate lats, and just use shoulders and let them hunch terribly. The other day, an athletic-looking woman was working with a trainer and he asked me to demonstrate band-assisted chin ups (band strung across the squat rack below). I showed her how, and she hopped on before I could move the band up to an easier position, tried one rep, and immediately gave up, saying she was "too old for this." She was probably 40 at most! I'm 32! I was like ARGH NOOOOO but I didn't want to be annoying. It's just hard to describe how cool and powerful it feels to do your first pull up as a woman.
    Last edited by shesprints; 01-17-2020 at 06:58 AM.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

[300 Spartan Crew] TraininWh33ls's Avatar
    TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TraininWh33ls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It amazes me how literal people take things on the internet, let alone this forum
    Now you post something as naive as this when people come back with a legit argument why your thread is stupid.

Nice one.. negged.

Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    Quick question--how to work extensors? I'm getting elbow twinges just from doing GTG pull ups (like I wander around the city and jump up onto random scaffoldings throughout the day) plus, most likely, intense grip work in BJJ. It's not bad at all, but I'm mindful of it developing into true tendonitis.

Flexors close your hands, which is how you grip. Extensors opens them. A lot of people that works out always work flexors and never extensors. This goes way back. Shaolin monks put their fist into a large pot of uncooked rice and just open the hand.

Reverse wrist curls, using rubber bands around your fingers and opening your hand with the bands around them. It seems pointless, but it actually helps. Also a lot of stretching . This says wrist, but having elbow pain is because of your forearm, which is between wrist and elbow. There is a lot more than this out there to do it, but I should be asleep.

☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

No period....eternal

John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do assisted squats. hopefully in a couple years or so I can finally do a body weight squat.
    You have glorious wings.

Barboyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barboyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barboyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barboyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barboyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barboyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barboyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barboyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barboyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barboyx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Barboyx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't recommended it if you can actually do five pullup unassisted...
    I think the machine is designed for those whom are sooo heavy [high bf, low muscle] they can't handle their bodyweight
    also those whom are rehabbing.

if you can progress into a muscle up, you can essentially superset bicep and tricep

Hammersia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hammersia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hammersia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hammersia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hammersia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hammersia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hammersia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hammersia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hammersia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hammersia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hammersia is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    With the stack set at 90k I can now do 3100 pull-ups
    Madly in love with myself

Kylehero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kylehero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kylehero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kylehero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kylehero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kylehero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kylehero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kylehero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kylehero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kylehero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kylehero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Brb cranking out pull-ups until failure (~3 sets x 15-20), then jump straight into lat pulldowns for 2-3 sets, failing each time.

Assisted pull-ups not even once
    Controlled Labs- White Flash Log

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175716801

Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt413413 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    On one hand, you can put on a belt, attach 45lb plates that hang down like a massive iron dong and do dips.

On the other hand, you can bend your knees and hop up on a machine that will do half the work for you while everyone stares at your beta-ass and laughs.

At least do bent over rows or t-bar rows or something...

P.S. only talking about men doing this

When women do it I actually quite enjoy it

They are a good exercise. Works the lats really good.
    I'm a former distance runner from 1993 till 2015. I'm currently trying to become a sprinter in the 40 yards and 60 meter dashes by doing running back training.

I hope you all get a #PR at the gym or track today. #StriveForExcellence