Closed Thread
Page 329 of 336 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 327 328 329 330 331 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,870 of 10051
    z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    I wouldn't do this for anyone but if you want an audio interface I have a Steinberg UR22 mk2 sitting in a box unused. $180. Your price: free.
    Damn, that's legit - nice man!

Originally Posted by Bingu View Post
    Guys I need help..

Guy on craigslist wants to trade his Marshal DSL100H for my MIM Standard Strat. Pics of both:

Am I getting a good deal? It is a 100 watt amp that would be played at bedroom levels (until I buy my own house lol) Should I make the trade and then resell it later on?

He wants to drive 2 hours to me to make the trade. He really wants a white strat and I have it.

His Marshall DSL100H

Any help would be appreciated (and repped)
    You really need to know what you're getting when you flip instruments. Buddy of mine bought a 60's SG that he flipped for a $4K profit even after paying $900 for shipping, but there's not a question you could stump him with on Gibson.

Electronics are different, though. For example, a complete retube with quality tubes would cost a couple hundred in that amp. My last retube on my rack rig has 13 tubes and cost several hundred.

That's just maintenance - there could be other things going on that you can't see without putting it on a bench. What year? Was it a bedroom amp or gigging amp? Are those after market Duncans? How much did you pay for that axe?

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by z4v4 View Post
    Damn, that's legit - nice man!
    No reply so I don't think he's interested. Just thought I could save him a few bucks and I'd rather see gear sitting in a box put to use. Of course he can always buy an audio interface but excluding Behringer they start at around $110 local money and that's one channel.

What would you suggest for someone wanting a decent bedroom volume rig for practice and recording?

z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No reply so I don't think he's interested. Just thought I could save him a few bucks and I'd rather see gear sitting in a box put to use. Of course he can always buy an audio interface but excluding Behringer they start at around $110 local money and that's one channel.
    Totally. Given away gear over the decades for the same reasons, but never to a brah on the net. Gave away my '82 Tube Screamer, which is the only thing I've cringed at giving away.

What would you suggest for someone wanting a decent bedroom volume rig for practice and recording?
    I think Yamaha THR, if one can't use a software package and/or on a budget, otherwise I'd go straight software or something like a Mesa Subway Rocket, F50, or something like that.

MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Still waiting on this THR. I could unpack the gear I cleared out to make room for it... For now I've just been playing acoustic.
    Smooth Seas don't make Strong Sailors. Keep your head up.

MrWhiskey24 for jolly cooperation (PS)

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    While it's great to see all the 4 digit priced amps on here. Many of us can't afford those. I always liked the Jet City 22, but not enough gain. So I bought a used JC 22 Custom and drop shipped it to Mark at Rising force amplification. He modded the hell out of it. Now, I would put it against most any amp out there in a 'total gain' shootout. It's just ridiculous. The saturation switch loses a little volume, but that just means I move it from 1 to 2 on the volume knob. I listed the various mods he did. I told him to sacrifice the clean on the first channel for overall crunch and gain, then just get crazy on the OD channel. This is basically what he plays himself. Couldn't be happier. Any opportunity, I would get, to play out, would never be too big for this thing.Total cost (amp and mod) ~$500~ .. ..
    https://www.********.com/Rising-Forc...1761639128028/

lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Went to buy some monitors yesterday ended up getting a guitar instead lol... Tried like 10 guitars but ended up getting a good old fender american strat... It's getting a set up now, will post pics when I get it..

My plan is to setup the Suhr to drop c for my metal chit and then block the bridge of the strat and keep it in standard for other chit.. I need to stop using the tremolo bar so much and focus more on vibrato and that chit..

Anyways here's a quick Suhr solo I did before I get the strat, gonna record another solo in the same backing track with the same tone when it arrives to decide which guitar I like better for those kinds of wanky solos..
    Spoiler!

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
    Went to buy some monitors yesterday ended up getting a guitar instead lol... Tried like 10 guitars but ended up getting a good old fender american strat... It's getting a set up now, will post pics when I get it..

My plan is to setup the Suhr to drop c for my metal chit and then block the bridge of the strat and keep it in standard for other chit.. I need to stop using the tremolo bar so much and focus more on vibrato and that chit..
    Love your playing mang, always melodic and interesting, however spending even 15 mins a day on bending and vibrato would be one of those things where 6 months from now you'll listen back to your playing and hear a big improvement. It might feel like you're taking a step back to the basics when you're already comfortable with advanced techniques but even the best players constantly work on it.

Just my 2 cents but one of the best ways to get it dialed in is playing blues because it's almost impossible to feel like a decent blues player without developing a good vibrato and it becomes instinctive.

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Love your playing mang, always melodic and interesting, however spending even 15 mins a day on bending and vibrato would be one of those things where 6 months from now you'll listen back to your playing and hear a big improvement. It might feel like you're taking a step back to the basics when you're already comfortable with advanced techniques but even the best players constantly work on it.

Just my 2 cents but one of the best ways to get it dialed in is playing blues because it's almost impossible to feel like a decent blues player without developing a good vibrato and it becomes instinctive.
    Thanks man, I definitely need to practice the basics, especially on the peak of bends..

Also when I bought the guitar they told me that this particular model from the 60s needs to have the whole neck removed every time it gets set up... I googled it and it seems to be true.. That was the one thing that made me not want to get it but it just felt too good to play

Also when I bought the guitar they told me that this particular model from the 60s needs to have the whole neck removed every time it gets set up... I googled it and it seems to be true.. That was the one thing that made me not want to get it but it just felt too good to play
    Vintage Strats are heel adjust vs. at the headstock. It is more of a PITA but if you don't mind a higher action with a bit of relief you might find you rarely need to adjust it.

That being said with production bolt on neck guitars the neck pocket is typically not very snug so you'll have to check the alignment after you string it up so the high E string isn't falling off the neck. Just something to be aware of every time you loosen neck screws/take off the neck.

I mean if we had the money for EJ's '54 Strat would any of us be complaining about the truss rod location? Probably not.

Vintage Strats are heel adjust vs. at the headstock. It is more of a PITA but if you don't mind a higher action with a bit of relief you might find you rarely need to adjust it.

That being said with production bolt on neck guitars the neck pocket is typically not very snug so you'll have to check the alignment after you string it up so the high E string isn't falling off the neck. Just something to be aware of every time you loosen neck screws/take off the neck.

I mean if we had the money for EJ's '54 Strat would any of us be complaining about the truss rod location? Probably not.
    Fuk that sunburst is so sexy.. The one I got has a version in sunburst but they didn't have it in stock so I got it in olympic white..

There was also a mexican strat that I was almost gonna purchase instead... It was in the same price range as the American ones and the store guys told me it's because it's actually built like an American but because of some wood laws or something they had to finish it in Mexico.. That guitar was amazing as well..

Fuk that sunburst is so sexy.. The one I got has a version in sunburst but they didn't have it in stock so I got it in olympic white..

There was also a mexican strat that I was almost gonna purchase instead... It was in the same price range as the American ones and the store guys told me it's because it's actually built like an American but because of some wood laws or something they had to finish it in Mexico.. That guitar was amazing as well..
    Nice choice. Sounds like CITES restrictions on rosewood and that's why you're seeing all those Ibanez guitars with roasted maple to get around it. What kind of fingerboard is on it?

Read a horror story on the TGP forum where someone in the UK bought a $4000 guitar on Reverb with a Brazilian rosewood fretboard and because there was no CITES document and he doesn't have a license for import — and they won't issue one to individuals — it's been seized by customs and he believes it will be destroyed.

Nice choice. Sounds like CITES restrictions on rosewood and that's why you're seeing all those Ibanez guitars with roasted maple to get around it. What kind of fingerboard is on it?

Read a horror story on the TGP forum where someone in the UK bought a $4000 guitar on Reverb with a Brazilian rosewood fretboard and because there was no CITES document and he doesn't have a license for import — and they won't issue one to individuals — it's been seized by customs and he believes it will be destroyed.
    The Mexican or the one I got? Not sure what the Mexican had but here are the specs for the one I got
    Spoiler!

and i'm sure that 4k guitar made a hell of a fire, would bbq some steak on that fire

The Mexican or the one I got? Not sure what the Mexican had but here are the specs for the one I got
    Spoiler!
    White + rosewood or ebony looks awesome. Now I see why it went to Mexico — the nitro finish. California is pretty strict these days so it's probably easier and less expensive to do it over the border with no regulations.

Only issue with nitro compared to the poly finish on your Suhr for example is it never really cures so keep that in mind with it resting on a guitar stand. Just wrap some cotton fabric around the contact points on the stand or keep it in its case. The upside is unlike modern finishes nitro is easy to touch up.

White + rosewood or ebony looks awesome. Now I see why it went to Mexico — the nitro finish. California is pretty strict these days so it's probably easier and less expensive to do it over the border with no regulations.

Only issue with nitro compared to the poly finish on your Suhr for example is it never really cures so keep that in mind with it resting on a guitar stand. Just wrap some cotton fabric around the contact points on the stand or keep it in its case. The upside is unlike modern finishes nitro is easy to touch up.
    Those are the specs for the American not the Mexican one but thanks for the tip man, will do that when it comes, will also try my best not to break the neck in half lol.. Mr Fender isn't going to fix it for me.

I wonder if I scallop the fretboard and put malmsteen pick ups it would feel like the malmsteen strat..

I wonder if I scallop the fretboard and put malmsteen pick ups it would feel like the malmsteen strat..
    If it's not an expensive guitar go for it. Personally I'd rather have a custom neck made with scalloping, use that, and then bolt the original back on when you sell it. That way you can get stainless frets, roasted maple, whatever you want and truly be happy with it.

re: pickups Malmsteen on all those classic albums played Dimarzio HS-3s. I'm sure he'd still be using them if Duncan didn't throw more money at him.

i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just got a Marshall DSL40CR other day, still tinkering with it. Might change the speaker from V-type to a ET65 I have laying around or maybe a Greenback out of my other cab, they sound great at gig volume but in house not so much. It does sound glorious at gig volume though. Trying not to go back down the tone chasing rabbit hole and keep telling myself just to practice more.

To the guy trading his MIM with the 100wt head, its a pretty much even deal but those amps do have some quirks, who knows the condition of the amp, if it was modded, etc. I see your MIM have SD's in it so unless you want that amp specifically(they go from $400-500, a tad higher than a stock MIM goes for) I wouldnt trade for it.

Also just picked up a new sage green players strat, waiting for my tools to come in to set it up, needs one. Trying to get close to McCready and Frusciante tones. Gonna add 2 springs but not gonna block it.

Picked up an SD-1 to see what the fuss is about with that pedal.

Anyone know of any good black friday deals coming up to watch out for???
    *TRUMP 2024 Crew
    *Smell Good Crew
    *ULTRA MAGA Minority Crew
    *AR/Gun Crew
    *Automotive Crew

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by i3oosted View Post
    Trying not to go back down the tone chasing rabbit hole and keep telling myself just to practice more.
    Good luck, better men (and worse) have tried and failed...
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Got the strat earlier today... The neck feel is unreal, everything is smoother to play than any of my other guitars.. I guess trying out guitars before buying is very important lol.. I still prefer the Suhr overall though, the pickups are better for what I play and it's a more well rounded guitar, whereas with the strat I feel that I'm more confined to specific sounds..
    Also blocked the bridge for now, but I read on the headstock that it has a patented synchronized tremolo and now I'm curious to what that is so I might take it to a tech in a few weeks and put it back to normal..

Ya but whatever this c neck chit is, it's perfect for my hands.

Synchronized tremolo means all strings are effected by the tremolo in the same way (e.g., if you're diving the G string in pitch with the bar, then so are the other 5 strings diving in pitch, as well, but not to the same degree, as "synchronized" may suggest), so a Floyd Rose is a synchronized tremolo, as well as a Bigsby, a Kahler, and the list goes on.

The patent part is the fact that the strings were fed through the bottom of the trem block, as opposed to a Bigsby type of string feed. In other words, the trem on your Fender is the same one that's been used on Fenders since 1954. When Leo Fender started G&L in 1980, he developed a fulcrum (2-point contact) trem, which is what Floyds use and where he obv took the idea from.

That being said, if you want to use a standard trem on a guitar without a locking nut (regardless of whether or not it has locking tuners), you must set the bridge floating (G string pulls up to a Bb note when pulled up against the face of the guitar) to have it stay in tune.

The long and short is, I don't care how good of a nut you have or how much lube you place on the nut, the G string will always have problems coming back to pitch after you dive the bridge, so you must be set floating in order to yank the strings sharp which will yank the G string through the nut and back into tune.
    Last edited by z4v4; 11-19-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    For y'all buying parts online, eBay's international shipping program is a ****ing joke. Had a pickguard shipped by the seller from Arizona on the 25th last month, cleared customs on the 31st... nothing since then. I bought a guitar from Ontario that arrived in just over a week and a pickup set from Florida that arrived in 5 days (both through Reverb), so I have no idea how this is possible. They gave a bull**** delivery estimate and still couldn't make it. And the only complaint mechanism eBay allows is to complain with the seller instead of the shipping company, so not only they wash their hands but also that of the contractor not doing their ****ing job.
    Go Canucks Go!

Mais notre monde érodé restera le même
    Et demain toi et moi serons partis

Originally Posted by z4v4 View Post
    That being said, if you want to use a standard trem on a guitar without a locking nut (regardless of whether or not it has locking tuners), you must set the bridge floating (G string pulls up to a Bb note when pulled up against the face of the guitar) to have it stay in tune.

The long and short is, I don't care how good of a nut you have or how much lube you place on the nut, the G string will always have problems coming back to pitch after you dive the bridge, so you must be set floating in order to yank the strings sharp which will yank the G string through the nut and back into tune.
    Something I've never understood given how much he uses the bar is why Jeff Beck doesn't use a Floyd with a locking nut and some kind of backstop.

His trem is set to float at least a whole step and he uses Wilkinson roller nuts which have been out of production for decades and eventually wear out so his stash must be getting smaller. Maybe it'd upset the purists if he used an "80s shred" tool. Obviously what he's using works for him and maybe it's too late to change anything but surely taking the roller nut out of the equation and locking it off would make life easier.

He used one back in the 80s when practically everyone had one.

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1. Keep the Triaxis as your preamp.
    2. You need some kind of power amp and cabinet simulation device/software. Hotone Binary IR Cab is $199. I use the Two Notes CAB M.
    3. All you need now is an audio interface or mixer to take the output of 2 and run it into some monitors.

-OR- you could skip the first two and just plug into an audio interface (step 3) and explore the world of software amp sims.

I wouldn't do this for anyone but if you want an audio interface I have a Steinberg UR22 mk2 sitting in a box unused. $180. Your price: free. Give me a work address or PO if you don't trust your old interwebs buddy of 15 years with a residential address and I'll express post it to WA.

Cliffs: If I can help you in some way make music then count me in.

Sorry I missed this post. That's a generous offer, I chuckled @ the 15 year of internet buddies. I am still unsure what I want to sink my teeth into. I'll let you know if I do, cheers.
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

Got the strat earlier today... The neck feel is unreal, everything is smoother to play than any of my other guitars.. I guess trying out guitars before buying is very important lol.. I still prefer the Suhr overall though, the pickups are better for what I play and it's a more well rounded guitar, whereas with the strat I feel that I'm more confined to specific sounds..
    Also blocked the bridge for now, but I read on the headstock that it has a patented synchronized tremolo and now I'm curious to what that is so I might take it to a tech in a few weeks and put it back to normal..

Ya but whatever this c neck chit is, it's perfect for my hands.

It's this one isn't it?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-olympic-white

Did some research: .860" @ 1st Fret — .970" @ 12th Fret. That's a good size. Manufacturers typically lean towards slim or medium C to keep beginners happy so it's nice to see Fender offer that. Olympic white with rosewood looks great.

i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Any Black Friday deals going on that are good??
    *TRUMP 2024 Crew
    *Smell Good Crew
    *ULTRA MAGA Minority Crew
    *AR/Gun Crew
    *Automotive Crew

It's this one isn't it?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-olympic-white

Did some research: .860" @ 1st Fret — .970" @ 12th Fret. That's a good size. Manufacturers typically lean towards slim or medium C to keep beginners happy so it's nice to see Fender offer that. Olympic white with rosewood looks great.
    Ye, but I got mine for cheaper than that.. That one is the same price as the new 2019 ones, which I tried at the store but I liked this one more..

Ye, but I got mine for cheaper than that.. That one is the same price as the new 2019 ones, which I tried at the store but I liked this one more..
    It's good to know Fender is making some beefier necks on popular models. Suhr Modern Satin = Modern Elliptical .800"-.850". That Fender picks up where that taper ends: .860-.970"

I never play guitars in music stores these days so knowing the shape and thickness of a neck helps with making decisions.

It's good to know Fender is making some beefier necks on popular models. Suhr Modern Satin = Modern Elliptical .800"-.850". That Fender picks up where that taper ends: .860-.970"

I never play guitars in music stores these days so knowing the shape and thickness of a neck helps with making decisions.
    One thing I noticed is that the knobs on the strat are way more sensitive than the Suhr, especially the volume knob. Also if I max the volume on the strat there are feedback sounds in most presets and I have to put the volume on 7-8, whereas the Suhr is cleaner and has almost no feedback or unwanted sounds.. It's all microphonic feedback though, if I move the guitar away from my monitors then the sound disappears from both the guitars.. Still haven't been able to fix that chit but I got used to it, it's just that the strat picks up way more feedback than the Suhr

cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    One thing I noticed is that the knobs on the strat are way more sensitive than the Suhr, especially the volume knob. Also if I max the volume on the strat there are feedback sounds in most presets and I have to put the volume on 7-8, whereas the Suhr is cleaner and has almost no feedback or unwanted sounds.. It's all microphonic feedback though, if I move the guitar away from my monitors then the sound disappears from both the guitars.. Still haven't been able to fix that chit but I got used to it, it's just that the strat picks up way more feedback than the Suhr
    the fender may need some shielding on the underside of the pickguard
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Eat it Like Groceries Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

lift heavy, drink bourbon, f**k often

That's strange. According to this those '"65 Vintage" pickups are wax potted so they shouldn't be microphonic. And volume wise those Suhr humbuckers should have a lot more output. One thing you would notice more with single coils is hum.

The only thing that triggers me about the Strat design is the volume knob being so close to the bridge.

If I had a custom shop at my disposal for a "super strat" all these years later I'd still go with the old Satriani model only with different pickups and neck specs. He absolutely nailed that design before he got wood over 24 frets and butchered it. It's perfectly balanced and by a mile the most comfortable body shape to play.

Spoiler!

bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    just busted the high e playing SRV Texas flood and I don’t have any strings left.

I’ve been practicing technical death metal solos but now I can’t anymore. used to play just jazz and blues.

Closed Thread