sh101303 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Skinny Guy Mini Cut

Hello BB.

So i started Lifting 4 Months ago. and i was eating like crazy. i went from 140 IB to 160IB I made decent gains and muscles

Lately i noticed i started to get fat around my waist and i knew i was overeating. i measured my latest 13.9% fat

i increased 1 kg of muscle and 1kg of fat compared to last month measurement.

should i do a mini cut and burn little fat or keep bulking and fix my caloric surplus

MY hieght 180CM/5'9 AGE 29

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sh101303 View Post
    Hello BB.

So i started Lifting 4 Months ago. and i was eating like crazy. i went from 140 IB to 160IB I made decent gains and muscles

Lately i noticed i started to get fat around my waist and i knew i was overeating. i measured my latest 13.9% fat

i increased 1 kg of muscle and 1kg of fat compared to last month measurement.

should i do a mini cut and burn little fat or keep bulking and fix my caloric surplus

MY hieght 180CM/5'9 AGE 29
    Bold is your answer.

You should aim for around 2lb weight gains per month so you have gained maybe below 10lbs more then you should have in perfect scenario (by the time you have added water weight, glycogen and extra weight in your gut from more food).

Don't worry too much on what you have gained just gain slower if concerned by fat increase. A calorie surplus of around 200-400 calories should be enough (if not increase calories by another 200-300, if too much decrease by 200).

To monitor fat increase, weight isn't the best indicator its better to take waist measurements and the feel of whether you look fatter and your clothes are tighter.

p.s. your scanning device measuring fat and lbm are most likely very inaccurate so would take no notice of them.
    Last edited by hardyboysare; 01-09-2019 at 04:49 AM.

Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    Bold is your answer.

You should aim for around 2lb weight gains per month so you have gained maybe below 10lbs more then you should have in perfect scenario (by the time you have added water weight, glycogen and extra weight in your gut from more food).

Don't worry too much on what you have gained just gain slower if concerned by fat increase. A calorie surplus of around 200-400 calories should be enough (if not increase calories by another 200-300, if too much decrease by 200).

Too monitor fat increase, weight isn't the best indicator its better to take waist measurements and the feel of whether you look fatter and your clothes are tighter.

p.s. your scanning device measuring fat and lbm are most likely very inaccurate so would take no notice of them.

so u mean i should stay in a surplus , what if i exceed 15% or i started to look fatter from the waist later, lets say next month should i do a small cut like 3 weeks , i know am still skinny but i prefer to look good as i gain wieght and not feeling to cut for months . what do you recommend

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Post a pic of yourself for more detail.

How do you know you are 15% machine testers are dreadful for accuracy.

You won't gain a good amount of muscle in 4 months especially if you are really skinny to start off with I would go a year then worry.

As for mini cuts they are pretty useless as you will only lose water weight and glycogen in first week or two so it will just come back when you bulk again.

At the end though it's down to you if you want to gain muscle really slowly and stay skinny for a prolonged period and really aim to gain no fat (which could lead you to 'spinning the wheels') then go a very lean bulk or short bulk/ cuts. Or gain more muscle but not stay skinny with some extra fat present however gain a good solid amount of mass.

I advise carry on with a surplus of 200-400 above maintenance which causes around 2lb weight increase.

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Minor detail, but 180cm is nearer 5'11" than 5'9" - which are you?

Originally Posted by RapidFail View Post
    Minor detail, but 180cm is nearer 5'11" than 5'9" - which are you?

5’11

Help me I turned from eating 2 meals a day to 6+ meals . Am really worried about this . I made good visible muscle and am progressing in my lifts .

I don’t do cardio and I don’t work abs often ..

What if I go above 15% and then I start having difficult time to add muscle because of insulin levels ..
    Is it easy to burn fats later and maintains what I built let say after 4 months more??

5’11

Help me I turned from eating 2 meals a day to 6+ meals . Am really worried about this . I made good visible muscle and am progressing in my lifts .

I don’t do cardio and I don’t work abs often ..
    If you have made visual gains and your strength has gone up then more then likely you have gained muscle. When you bulk you will gain some fat just accept it. To ensure you don't go crazy on your fat levels just monitor calories like you do on a cut and ensure your surplus of calories are only 200-400 above maintenance.

You don't need cardio for bulking only for cardiovascular fitness. I would recommend you do abs exercises. Do you follow a progressive proven weight training program like Fierce 5?

Protein amount spread throughout the day through about 4 meals does have some effect of muscle development however it is minimal and just ensuring you hit your macros is far more important. So if you want to eat 6 go ahead if you prefer 2 that is fine the difference is minimal.

What if I go above 15% and then I start having difficult time to add muscle because of insulin levels ..
    Is it easy to burn fats later and maintains what I built let say after 4 months more??
    Forget insulin levels unless you have a medical issues. You dont just stop building muscle when you above 15% bf have you even seen the strongest men and powerlifters???

Am doing Push Legs Pull Rest and repeat and am really enjoying this routine .

Ok let’s say I stick to a good surplus . Am sure I will acumlate fat over time. What then just get bigger without defntion .

I hate the fact of me having love handle it looks stupid .

I will keep my current diet and work out but till when . Should stop bulking when am no longer see my abs even when I felx

Am doing Push Legs Pull Rest and repeat and am really enjoying this routine .

Ok let’s say I stick to a good surplus . Am sure I will acumlate fat over time. What then just get bigger without defntion .

I hate the fact of me having love handle it looks stupid .

I will keep my current diet and work out but till when . Should stop bulking when am no longer see my abs even when I felx
    Of course there is a limit and what that is depends on your own goals there is no way of measuring bf% correctly so you have to go on your own personal view. You say you are 'skinny' therefore by definition lack muscle so if that is your goal you will need to carry on lean bulking.

To repeat again if you consume 200-400 calories about and gain 2lbs a month you wont get fat quickly it will take ages. My point is that by gaining a tad excessive amount now only 4 months in to a bulk would make it pointless cutting back down again as any gains you have made may vanish.

I can't offer any more help without a picture, your calorie amount both TDEE maintenance and current surplus, are you monitoring calories through a calorie counting app, what macros are you taking (as higher carbs will cause higher water weight gains this means nothing).

If you are hoping for a magic ability to gain muscle weight/ mass without fat you are out of luck. If you want to stay your size and weight and gain small amounts of muscle very very slowly do a recomp for the next 3/4 years and you may see results.