Alibata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alibata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alibata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alibata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alibata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alibata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alibata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alibata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alibata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alibata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alibata has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Anyone else had bruised tailbone? Recovery length?

One of our puppies was able to sneak inside of our house and took a piss on the stairs. I was carrying a CRT monitor going downstairs when I stepped on it. The fall was nasty as I fell on the last step with my butt and left wrist. X-rays showed no fractures but the doctor told me that it will take more than 3 weeks for me before I could squat or deadlift again since there's pain whenever I bend over, run (basically no cardio except swimming) or jump. Bench press, bench rows, pull-ups are fine in a couple of weeks though.

For those who have had tailbone/coccyx injury, how long was your recovery before you were able to lift again particularly squats and deadlifts?
    Last edited by Alibata; 06-23-2007 at 09:27 AM.

JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bump
    cant wait 2 c ur big ugly ass

calimac69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Alibata View Post
    For those who have had tailbone/coccyx injury, how long was your recovery before you were able to lift again particularly squats and deadlifts?
    My coccyx is sore off and on from a car accident. Mine mostly bothers me when I sit on hard benches and chairs. I suggest going and getting a wedgy from a back store to help relieve pressure when sitting, other wise just dont do anything that makes it hurt. The coccyx is very sensitive and it may come back off and on you just have to avoid doing things that aggravate it.

strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    haha, i bruised my tailbone from football a few years ago---blindside, landed on my ass(of course too badass to wear a tailbone pad

it took about a week to completely heal...hurt like hell doing sprints with it.

another tailbone injury...
    squatting using a smith machine about 3 years ago...didn't put my feet far enough in front of me--went down, too much pressure on the way up and popped my tailbone out of place...hurt for a week until I went to my doc and had him pop it back in(that was fun...)

^^^haven't used a smith for back squats since.

as far as lifting, for the bruised tailbone i never took time off...I couldn't b/c of football. for the other I just took the whole week off since I couldn't sit down.
    --I'm afraid of what I don't believe in--

calimac69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by strawser9 View Post
    squatting using a smith machine about 3 years ago...didn't put my feet far enough in front of me--went down, too much pressure on the way up and popped my tailbone out of place...hurt for a week until I went to my doc and had him pop it back in(that was fun...)

how does your tail bone get popped into place by a chiropractor. I cant see how they could do that. please explain

strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by calimac69 View Post
    how does your tail bone get popped into place by a chiropractor. I cant see how they could do that. please explain
    ...laying on table, knees at ~90 degree angle...feet flat on table.

dr. asked me to pull me knees apart, started pushing them back together and told me not to let him. when he got them back to the middle, he pulled them apart real ****in hard and POP. immediate pain relief.
    --I'm afraid of what I don't believe in--

Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ...laying on table, knees at ~90 degree angle...feet flat on table.

dr. asked me to pull me knees apart, started pushing them back together and told me not to let him. when he got them back to the middle, he pulled them apart real ****in hard and POP. immediate pain relief.

oh damn, had the same thing happen several months ago after a smith squat, and deadlifts brought that pain back recently, I could not move last night in so much pain and I just did to myself as you described and it's better now, thanks

tailbone must have been out of place all this time
    Last edited by Clamz; 04-04-2008 at 12:14 PM.

jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    welcome to the world of pain haha
    i've injured my tailbone 3 different times from snowboarding. all 3 times involving a jump, some air, and some mid-air malfunction

it is not fun, i couldnt walk for like 2-3 days from one of them. luckily it happenned on a friday and i had the weekend to heal up a little before school. but it still hurt like hell trying to walk. after about a week i was finally able to walk without wabbling like a penguin. probably in 2-3 weeks i was able to run again. it is just like any other bruise accept it is in one of the most painful places

SoCalSkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalSkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalSkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalSkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalSkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalSkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalSkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalSkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalSkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoCalSkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i fractured my tailbone in like 9th or 10th grade i couldent walk or move my feet more then 6in apart it was a good week before i could get outta bed and walk and a month or so before i was ok

mightydustloop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightydustloop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightydustloop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightydustloop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightydustloop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightydustloop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightydustloop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightydustloop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightydustloop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightydustloop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightydustloop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

^^^haven't used a smith for back squats since.
    Yeah this happened to me on free weight back squats yesterday. Distinctly felt a pop quite a bit lower down my back than my weightbelt. Wasn't a particularly hard set, felt very routine, it just popped on my way up.

That motion with the 90 degree bent knees mentioned before. I can feel what needs to be done (bringing my feet far in to take the emphasis off the front of and yanking my knees apart in one hard stroke to pop it back in place). But while stretching in that motion helps the pain a bit, I'm really hesitant about having my wife pull this off. I just know I'll be in the darwins for this one.

ownthislastime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I most likely injured my tailbone as well, squating on the smith machine, the one that slants down at an angle. I've been hurting for about 2 months now... i was impatient to wait for someone to get off of the free barbell so i decided to go on the smitch machine... man i really f***ked up and am paying the price. is swimming anygood to help the healing process?
    Currently Using:
    ON Whey Gold Standard
    CytoGainer
    White Flood for Pre-Workout
    Green Magnitude

i will not let my bad genes determine my size. breaking the boundaries.