PDA

View Full Version : Protien shakes and creatine on a cutting phase?

Mikebodybuilder
12-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Hey all, i've been training for about 15 years and much of it has been just been clean bulking diet, now i'm serious about cutting now, and i wanted to get started way before summer got here. i need to lose around 20 to 30 lbs i'm thinking, my question is ... should i still use the protien shakes, exp. before bedtime? i use cottage cheese in my whey protien shakes every nite before i go to bed, and i wonder sometimes if those aren't causeing me to hold extra weight.. also i use creatine.. is it still good to use when cutting? i know it cause water retention... anyways thanks for your feedback ..

alam
12-20-2006, 05:31 PM
You bet they're still good to use while cutting. They'll help you hold on to muscle while losing weight.

Cinderfella
12-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Yeah most people will tell you that they're good 2 take no matter what. I've also read in a magazine that it can be hard 2 get really thin while on creatine tho. I'd still take em tho.

fallingonpurpose
12-20-2006, 11:15 PM
You bet they're still good to use while cutting. They'll help you hold on to muscle while losing weight.

This individual is correct... Some people may suggest that creatine should not be used during a cutting phase since it allows your body to hold more water, and thus more weight. However, in my opinion the use of creatine is essential during a cutting phase to avoid losing the strength you've gained. The protein is a must, there is no debate on that. I hope this helps...

-paul

Mikebodybuilder
12-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Yes it does help, i really didn't wanta give up the Whey and Creatine. i've gotten such good gains with it. but i just feel kinda bloated all the time.. but maybe when i start cutting and losing weight i will not feel so bloated.. thanks guys..