PDA

View Full Version : Supplement Absorption ?

Eye2_Man
02-17-2003, 08:20 AM
How long does it take for supps to be absorbed?

A foolish decision was made this morning (although all according to directions). Upon waking up 3 Hydroxadrine caps were taken. Took a shower and got dressed (about 15 min.), drank a protein shake with 3 liver tabs, a Joint Boost cap, and a teaspoon of creatine. Immediately ate a small bowl of cereal with purified water. Had to run away from the breakfast table.

Was everything lost? Should everything be re-taken now?

I guess we learn a little each day. From now on, the supplements will be spaced out a little better.

Brother Phil
02-17-2003, 08:50 AM
Absorption rates are effected by a lot of factors, so thats hard to say. Also depends on which supplements your talking about. I've tried to find out more on this, but all I could get any info on were multivitamins, and again, that depends on which vitamins/minerals your talking about. I'm not going anywhere today (major ice here in NE NC), so I'll try to find out more.

Eye2_Man
02-17-2003, 09:02 AM
Yeah, the news says "Storm of season" out on the east coast. You get to stay home today then hunh? That's cool.

Don't look too hard unless you also want the information for yourself. A lot of it's common sense not to eat a bunch of chemicals at one time. One or two at a time is OK. Always liver and Joint Boost at meal times never a problem. No problems with ephedra based termogenics. No problems ever with creatine or protein. But taking them all at once is a recipe for a sour stomach.

BTW, that AST VP2 came over the weekend. That's some nice stuff. A lot different than the HDT 5+1

Brother Phil
02-17-2003, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I'm stuck here. I guess my workout today will have to be some cardio/streching. At least I didn't lose power. Last months ice storm had power out here for 6 days. I've done some searches on this and have only found links to what supp. brands are better for absorption. Maybe someone else has some links/info.