PDA

View Full Version : Doctors Best Curcumin (Turmeric Extract) with Bioperine

bigtee5469
12-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Hey all

Do you think this is a good enough supplement to try to combat sore nipps?

here is the supplement facts:

Herbal Supplement with Bioperine Best Curcumin with Bioperine contains a standardized extract of Curcuma longa root, commonly known as "Turmeric." Turmeric is the yellow spice that gives flavor to curried dishes. In the Far East, Turmeric is valued for more than just its culinary uses. The herb has been employed in the Ayurvedic healing tradition for centuries as a folk remedy. The active ingredients in Curcuma longa are a group of plant substances called curcuminoids. Known collectively as "curcumin," curcuminoids have demonstrated potent antioxidant properties in scientific studies. Curcuminoids benefit joints and other tissues by helping to neutralize free-radicals, and protects cells and tissues by fighting free radicals.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per container: 120.00

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Turmeric Root (Curcuma longa) (Curcumin C3 Complex) Supplying 500 mg total curcuminoids 527 mg *

Black pepper fruit extract (Piper nigrum) (Bioperine) 3 mg *

*Daily value not established.

THANKS ..

pigpen75
11-26-2009, 08:26 PM
bump

Hey all

Do you think this is a good enough supplement to try to combat sore nipps?

here is the supplement facts:

Herbal Supplement with Bioperine Best Curcumin with Bioperine contains a standardized extract of Curcuma longa root, commonly known as "Turmeric." Turmeric is the yellow spice that gives flavor to curried dishes. In the Far East, Turmeric is valued for more than just its culinary uses. The herb has been employed in the Ayurvedic healing tradition for centuries as a folk remedy. The active ingredients in Curcuma longa are a group of plant substances called curcuminoids. Known collectively as "curcumin," curcuminoids have demonstrated potent antioxidant properties in scientific studies. Curcuminoids benefit joints and other tissues by helping to neutralize free-radicals, and protects cells and tissues by fighting free radicals.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per container: 120.00

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Turmeric Root (Curcuma longa) (Curcumin C3 Complex) Supplying 500 mg total curcuminoids 527 mg *

Black pepper fruit extract (Piper nigrum) (Bioperine) 3 mg *

*Daily value not established.

THANKS ..

sl4vik
11-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Sore nipps?

I use this exact brand for the anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin. I pop 8-10 of these suckers a day.

NO HYPE
11-26-2009, 09:41 PM

NO HYPE
11-27-2009, 07:56 AM
I have no clue wether or not curcumin will alleviate symptoms of nipple soarness, although it is [along with resveratrol] extremely effective for reducing NF-kB-mediated inflamation, however... you would be much better off using a more effective cGMP certified/higher dosed curcumin product such as NOW curcumin to elicit maximal results per-dose. Additionally, it would be much more beneficial to find a pure bioprene product to take seperately from the curcumin/resveratrol, as this will allow for the dissolution of the bioprene, allowing it time to enter the blood stream and elicit it's effects on the CYP3A4 enzyme, prior to the administration of the curcumin/resveratrol, thereby eliciting maximal blood concentrations of the two active compounds. I would suggest 20-30 mg's of bioprene, about a half-hour prior to administration.

NOW Curcumin
Serving Size - 1 capsule: 665 mg
Total Curcuminoids [from 700 mg of standardized Turmeric Root Extract (Curcuma longa L.)] [min. 95% Curcuminoids (containing Curcumin, Demethoxycurcumin and Bisdemethoxycurcumin)]

NOW Natural Resveratrol
Serving Size: - 1 capsule:
Polygonum Cuspidatum Extract (Root) (50% Natural Trans-Resveratrol - 200 Mg) 400mg*
Red Wine Extract (Alcohol-Free) (Vitis Vinifera) (Min. 30% Polyphenols) 10mg

Source Naturals Bioperine
Serving Size - 1 capsule: 10 mg
Black Pepper Extract (Bioperine?) Yielding 95% Piperine

marcus2112
11-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Curcumin is a amazing natural anti-inflamation herb. It is really starting to get more notice now and will be on Oprah any day now. I have no idea if it will address your particular issue though...

NO HYPE
11-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Curcumin is a amazing natural anti-inflamation herb. It is really starting to get more notice now and will be on Oprah any day now.

Oprah.... lol.

mark118
11-27-2009, 09:32 AM
its not the 1st time ive heard of this

marcus2112
11-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Oprah.... lol.

To quote Homer Simpson, "It's funny because it true!" Once a product is featured on Oprah, millions of people nationwide flock to the vitamin stores to get it.

NO HYPE
11-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Once a product is featured on Oprah, millions of people nationwide flock to the vitamin stores to get it.

Sad, but true.

Meanwhile.... the years of obtainable research that were already avialable to the general public in relation to the compound [in which demonstrate the mechanism of action and/or the efficacy thereof], go completely unnoticed until it is broadcasted on a television program, in which the majority of the important information pertaining to the product's pros and cons go unmentioned. Then the millions of people flock to the stores, and purchase a product and expect the effects that were discussed.... not realizing the poor bioavailability due to the extensive endogenous glucuronidation and/or sulfation that the compound undergoes, yet will expect the full effects discussed in the program. People need to be more assertive, and do more research for themselves, instead of relying on the basis that 'Oprah says so'.

mark118
11-27-2009, 12:54 PM
shame oprah cant use her power to get people to exercise

Peter LeDrew
11-27-2009, 12:54 PM
I have no clue wether or not curcumin will alleviate symptoms of nipple soarness, although it is [along with resveratrol] extremely effective for reducing NF-kB-mediated inflamation, however... you would be much better off using a more effective cGMP certified/higher dosed curcumin product such as NOW curcumin to elicit maximal results per-dose. Additionally, it would be much more beneficial to find a pure bioprene product to take seperately from the curcumin/resveratrol, as this will allow for the dissolution of the bioprene, allowing it time to enter the blood stream and elicit it's effects on the CYP3A4 enzyme, prior to the administration of the curcumin/resveratrol, thereby eliciting maximal blood concentrations of the two active compounds. I would suggest 20-30 mg's of bioprene, about a half-hour prior to administration.

NOW Curcumin
Total Curcuminoids [from 700 mg of standardized Turmeric Root Extract (Curcuma longa L.)] [min. 95% Curcuminoids (containing Curcumin, Demethoxycurcumin and Bisdemethoxycurcumin)]

NOW Natural Resveratrol
Polygonum Cuspidatum Extract (Root) (50% Natural Trans-Resveratrol - 200 Mg) 400mg*

I wonder how T-Bol would do low dosed with a curcumin product for health benefits, etc... I have done this with AOR's Curecumin which I think is an awesome curcumin product.... you get an already highly absorbed nanoemulsified curcumin dose with some Resveratrol and the bioperine in T-Bol. Curcumin is an outstanding natural ingredient which can be used from many conditions, hence AOR's use of the name CureCumin and there are some interesting studies related to benefits for athletes.

NO HYPE
11-28-2009, 06:10 AM
I wonder how T-Bol would do low dosed with a curcumin product for health benefits, etc.

I was in fact running curcumin & T-BOL at one point, and there was a noticeble diminishment in DOMS however, not knowing the exact MOA of Tribulus alatus, I can't comment on wether or not the two could elicit conflicting endpoints.

Peter LeDrew
11-28-2009, 06:20 AM
I was in fact running curcumin & T-BOL at one point, and there was a noticeble diminishment in DOMS however, not knowing the exact MOA of Tribulus alatus, I can't comment on wether or not the two could elicit conflicting endpoints.

Yeah, hear ya...

Peter LeDrew
11-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Curcumin's Benefits Enhanced By Nano-Technology

Curcumin, for all its myriad of anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-microbic, anti-carcinogenic, and cardiovascular benefits (to name a few), is notorious for its poor bioavailability. In fact, the same studies that determined curcumin?s safety, even in doses of 12 grams per day, also determined that a single dose of as high as 10 grams was needed to produce even low serum levels of curcumin in humans.

The introduction of nanotechnology in very recent years has meant that the bioavailability issues of compounds such as curcumin can now be re-examined. One such re-examination involved a new study from Japan that utilized lecithin to encapsulate curcumin into a particle size of 263 nanometres (keeping in mind that a nanometer is one-billionth of a metre). The resulting compound was then fed to laboratory rats at a dosage of 100 mg/kg of bodyweight, as was conventional curcumin. The theory is a very straightforward one ? reduce the curcumin to a particle size small enough to get past the digestive enzymes of the gastrointestinal tract and enter the bloodstream intact in order to elicit its effects. The results were a success: serum levels of curcumin were raised nearly 5 times more with nano-encapsulated curcumin as compared to conventional curcumin.

This study indicates that the tantalizingly inverse relationship between curcumin?s capabilities and it?s bioavailability is now open to some very exciting new possibilities.

Source: Takahashi M, Uechi S, Takara K, Asikin Y, Wada K. Evaluation of an oral carrier system in rats: bioavailability and antioxidant properties of liposome-encapsulated curcumin. J Agric Food Chem. 2009 Oct 14;57(19):9141-6.

For more information, see: CUReCUMIN.

Madevilz
12-16-2010, 10:14 PM
What's the recommended dosage of Curcumin for anti-inflammatory benefits?

armystrong68w
12-16-2010, 10:31 PM
shame oprah cant use her power to get people to exercise

lol Repped!!!

xR1pp3Rx
12-16-2010, 10:57 PM
What's the recommended dosage of Curcumin for anti-inflammatory benefits?

ive heard around 3-6 grams..

i know of a source for a high grade 1000mg curcumin extract in caplets.. i will have to goto the local store though to find out what brand it is.. but the last time i was high doseing it that was my goto brand around 20 bucks per 90... you can also make turmeric tea.. its nasty but it adds up fast twords your daily intake goals.

JoelMcClain
12-16-2010, 11:10 PM

NOW Curcumin

NOW Natural Resveratrol

I had no idea resveratrol targeted any anti inflammatory pathway, I swear I learn something everytime I read one of your posts

poison
12-16-2010, 11:48 PM
I take curcumin as a staple, when I can afford it.

Madevilz
12-17-2010, 06:50 AM
ive heard around 3-6 grams..

i know of a source for a high grade 1000mg curcumin extract in caplets.. i will have to goto the local store though to find out what brand it is.. but the last time i was high doseing it that was my goto brand around 20 bucks per 90... you can also make turmeric tea.. its nasty but it adds up fast twords your daily intake goals.

3-6g? damn that would be way too expensive

TheUnlikelyToad
12-17-2010, 07:01 AM
Triazole

Peter LeDrew
12-17-2010, 07:06 AM
3-6g? damn that would be way too expensive

1 cap of AOR's CurcuPlus D ultra is equivalent to 4800mg of regular curcumin capsules. It utilizes a new patented Longvida curcumin: http://www.longvida.com/index.php and adds the synergistic properties of Vit.D3.

It is not about how much curcumin is consumed, it is about how much is absorbed into the bloodstream.

Madevilz
12-17-2010, 07:18 AM
1 cap of AOR's CurcuPlus D ultra is equivalent to 4800mg of regular curcumin capsules. It utilizes a new patented Longvida curcumin: http://www.longvida.com/index.php and adds the synergistic properties of Vit.D3.

It is not about how much curcumin is consumed, it is about how much is absorbed into the bloodstream.

where could I find this dear sir ;)

lol from their page: http://www.aor.ca/html/products.php?id=230

3 caps, 3 times a day, 1 bottle lasts 10 days?

Starkk
12-17-2010, 07:20 AM
My nipples are soaring

Peter LeDrew
12-17-2010, 07:25 AM

There are a number of Canadian stores that carry AOR if u look... I have a number of bottles, but it is very pricey. It's def. a premium product and goes for a premium price.

poison
12-17-2010, 07:37 AM
LEF also has a Super BioCurcumin that is supposed to be absorbed better. I'm not sure I buy it, but whatever.

Madevilz
12-17-2010, 07:53 AM
LEF also has a Super BioCurcumin that is supposed to be absorbed better. I'm not sure I buy it, but whatever.

thanks for the headsup... seems a bit more affordable than AOR's

from the writeup:
Each 400 mg capsule of Super Bio-Curcumin® is equivalent to 2,772 mg of a typical 95% curcumin extract.

Peter LeDrew
12-18-2010, 11:58 AM

lol from their page: http://www.aor.ca/html/products.php?id=230

3 caps, 3 times a day, 1 bottle lasts 10 days?

I think that is a mistake. I believe it is 3 caps/day, but for those who have inflammatory conditions, etc... this is a very potent Curcumin so even 1/day is plenty for most people.

thanks for the headsup... seems a bit more affordable than AOR's

from the writeup:
Each 400 mg capsule of Super Bio-Curcumin® is equivalent to 2,772 mg of a typical 95% curcumin extract.

AOR's product has 90 caps and is more potent vs that one with 60 caps. They likely work out to be similar in price to potency, but I think longvida looks the most promising of all the available curcumin's out there AOR or not... other brands utilize Longvida so I'm not simply pimping AOR here.

chuckyp77
01-08-2016, 10:33 AM
I think that is a mistake. I believe it is 3 caps/day, but for those who have inflammatory conditions, etc... this is a very potent Curcumin so even 1/day is plenty for most people.

AOR's product has 90 caps and is more potent vs that one with 60 caps. They likely work out to be similar in price to potency, but I think longvida looks the most promising of all the available curcumin's out there AOR or not... other brands utilize Longvida so I'm not simply pimping AOR here.

I've started taking a supplement called Super Turmeric by Joy's Remedy. They are supposed to be more bioavailable and have a higher absorption. I'm of indian descent and was skeptical to take turmeric supplements but its only 2 pills a day and i've been feeling much less sore after my workouts. Anyone know how this brand compares to the rest?