PDA

View Full Version : Basic Calorie, protein, and carb needs per day

coralfish
12-12-2006, 04:00 PM
I realize this is already probably somewhere on the board but with my schedule I can hardly even find time to work out not to mention spend on the computer searching so I apologize to those saying: Can't this guy just do some searching and find it himself?

Anyway, what are the basic Calorie, protein, and carb needs needed per day per lbs. of body weight to keep and gain muscle mass but not a lot of extra fat?

I know that protein is somewhere around 2 grams per pound of body weight. What are the rest? Thank in advance.

jeffharding
12-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Maintainance calories are 15 x bodyweight, normally broken out at 40/40/20, C/P/F. Anything above 15x is caloric excess, resulting in weight gain, anything less than 15x is caloric deficit, resulting in weight loss.

gem6772002
04-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Maintainance calories are 15 x bodyweight, normally broken out at 40/40/20, C/P/F. Anything above 15x is caloric excess, resulting in weight gain, anything less than 15x is caloric deficit, resulting in weight loss.

Thanks for that info. I'd wondered just that and I've been sitting here doing every formula under the sun to figure it out and then I ran along this post. LOL
=0)

jeffharding
04-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Thanks for that info. I'd wondered just that and I've been sitting here doing every formula under the sun to figure it out and then I ran along this post. LOL
=0)

Yep, just like anything, nutrition can get over-complicated. The best way is to learn your body and make the same decisions that lead to desirable results