PDA

View Full Version : Creatine - another question

edster951
02-16-2003, 12:17 AM
When I take creatine with my post workout shake, in the changing room immediately after a work out, the creatine has no side effects on me.

When I take it 30 mins after my workout, with my breaky, I'm piddling all day.

So do I assume from this that the creatine is fully absorbed into the muscles immediately post workout, therefore I dont get the piddling side effect, as there none left in the bloodstream???

Macattack
02-16-2003, 09:55 PM
I think kendo told me to take it an hour before so that it was in the system and working during the workout, never took it afterwards.

But that sounds reasonable how you put it edster..

Original Poster
02-17-2003, 05:47 AM
Many take it Pre WO as to help fuel workouts, I prefer Post WO as I feel the benefits Post WO outweigh any increased workouts that may come as a result of using it Pre WO.

Peace.

little lats
02-17-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Chi_town
Many take it Pre WO as to help fuel workouts, I prefer Post WO as I feel the benefits Post WO outweigh any increased workouts that may come as a result of using it Pre WO.

Peace.

Unless it is cell-tech then you will have enough sugar buzz to have a great work out.. LMAO!!

I agree with Chi!!

MagicMel
02-17-2003, 08:15 AM
I take my Creatine in a post workout shake. I believe that your body sucks up everything it can get in the after workout time window. I also take my Creatine on off days WITH my dinner, since that is closest to the time that I would normally workout.

I have taken Creatine pre workout before, but I have never seen an increase in energy levels due to this.

When my body gets oversaturated with Creatine, as in the 5th or 6th day of loading, that is when I experience the runs. At this point is usually when I start maintenance. I tried a few times to overload with an extra helping of Creatine during maintenance, and sure enough I would get the runs again. It's just my body's way of telling me I've reach a saturation point, I guess.

edster951
02-17-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by MagicMel
I take my Creatine in a post workout shake. I believe that your body sucks up everything it can get in the after workout time window. I also take my Creatine on off days WITH my dinner, since that is closest to the time that I would normally workout.

I have taken Creatine pre workout before, but I have never seen an increase in energy levels due to this.

When my body gets oversaturated with Creatine, as in the 5th or 6th day of loading, that is when I experience the runs. At this point is usually when I start maintenance. I tried a few times to overload with an extra helping of Creatine during maintenance, and sure enough I would get the runs again. It's just my body's way of telling me I've reach a saturation point, I guess. Can't say I've ever had the runs with creatine....just piddle heaps if I take it 30-40 mins post workout. I'm assuming that as my body will soak up anything I throw it immediately post w/o, then I've soaked it all up, hence no side-effects

Richie
02-17-2003, 01:48 PM
i've just using creatine again (5 days now) and forgotten how good i feel on it.

i train in the mornings and pre workout i have a spoonful on its own with some liver tabs and drink around 1 litre of water over an hour or so.
i usually drink another litre or 2 during the workout.

then within 30 minutes post workout i have another spoonful with 2 scoops of whey, 1000mg of vit. C & 1000mg of ALA (alpha lipoic acid) also in water.

sometimes around mid to late afternoon i might do this again with the whey, liver & ALA.

being on a keto diet i've really found this way to be the best without the use of carbs.
also i think it's important to slowly introduce it to your system using small spoonfuls and gradually increase as it does make me feel bloated if i start out on large amounts.

i think the reason for all the toilet trips is because of the water consumption. some days it's every 15 minutes for me and some days hardly at all. there's no real consistency to make up my mind as to why this happens.

Richie