PDA

View Full Version : Patella Tendon Rupture

chasnthapump
02-15-2003, 03:25 PM
ABOUT 10 MONTHS AGO I RUTURED MY PATELLA TENDON. IT WAS
REAIRED THE NEXT DAY, I HAD 6 WEEKS IN A SOFT CAST WITH
NOT BEING ABLE TO MOVE IT, THE RESULT WAS A LOT OF ATROPHY
I HAVE BEEN BUSTING MY BUTT TRYING TO GET IT BACK TO NORMAL STRENGTH BUT AM NOT SATISFIED WITH MY RESULTS. I
HAVE ALL THE FLEXIBILITY NEEDED TO WORKOUT, BUT STILL
CAN'T SEEM TO MAKE IT AS STRONG BEFORE THE INJURY, EVEN
THOUGH I CAN DO SQUATS, STAIRMASTER, LEG PRESS,LEG EXT,
LUNGES. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO AS TO HOW TO GAIN ANY
ADVANTAGE TO GET IT BACK TO BETTER THAN NORMAL I WILL
TRY JUST ABOUT ANYTHING. THANK'S IN ADVANCE.

MiloMan
02-15-2003, 11:30 PM
Ouch! Best of luck in your recovery. Just listen to your physical therapist - and take your <caps lock> off.

Belle
02-16-2003, 12:34 AM
Hi There,

I had knee problems some months ago. It was the tendon behind the knee though and it made a squeaking grindy noise quite a great deal after a workout. I read somewhere that it is a cmmon thing to happen and when I did a search I fully expected to read that I should stop lifting weights and rest it. However, quite the contrary, it stated that I needed to work on the muscles that are either side of the knee and support it. once they are strengthened, there is less stress on the knee joint itself. So I worked on my quads and hamstrings and of course the problem has lessened over the last month or so. I also take a supplement with glucosamine in it and other vitamins but it is designed for folks with arthiritis, and all the same supplements in it are good for tendon and cartilage injuries. It has helped me anyway doing all of the above.

PS: Don't over work it. Do one good leg workout out a week and then let it rest and repair. I found on the weeks where I only did one leg workout it got more rest. Look at the supplements that I suggested.

Belle
02-16-2003, 01:08 AM
I found this site useful:

http://www.arthroscopy.com/sp05000.htm

Sorry was in a rush before and forgot to post it. :)