PDA

View Full Version : Help a computer idiot!

Brother Phil
02-15-2003, 10:02 AM
I would like to post some pics of myself, since I've been feeling guilty for not doing so. I have very little computer experience and what I know I've learned by trial and error. I want to attach a picture from my own files, but the instructions given for adding images seem to be for a link to a website. If you respond please try to use simple language, as I really don't know what a lot of the abbreviations mean. This is very embarrassing. Please help! Thanks!

TwoWalks
02-15-2003, 11:13 AM
Phil not sure how simple I can do this, but being fairly simple is should sound that way.

Pictures are stored in a section of your computer. Now under the area where you type in your message you will see "Attach File" ... click on "Browse". A menu will appear that is a list on your computer. Click the area where your pictures are stored, then click on the picture you want in the message and click open. The picture address should appear in the Attach file box. After you have finished writing what you want in the dialog box and are ready to post, just click "submit Reply" like normal and all should be well.

Brother Phil
02-15-2003, 11:19 AM
Thanks two walks.

This is exactly what I did but when I clicked on preview thread, I did not see the attachment, so I thought it was deleted somehow. Do you know if the attachment only shows up when you post?

Brother Phil
02-15-2003, 11:25 AM
I guess I'll give it a try again and see what happens.

Eye2_Man
02-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Hi Brother Phil, you could upload your pictures to your own webspace and then post a link in your message. That way you'd have complete control of them.

Brother Phil
02-15-2003, 11:53 AM
Well, I guess I'm not as big an idiot as I thought, because I did the same procedure and it worked. The pics are located in the over 35 picture post. Now I can't wait to get some new ones in there. These are from last summer.