PDA

View Full Version : back to nature granola

grapemaster
12-08-2006, 05:20 PM
anyone tried this? its pretty good in cheap, main ingredient is oatmeal. i've been using it as a cereal snack the apple blueberry kind with a banan chopped up in it. not too shabby. only like 2.50 a pound at target. also 6g protein and 4g fiber a serving. not the best but... for the taste its pretty healthy.

dbx
12-08-2006, 06:14 PM
anyone tried this? its pretty good in cheap, main ingredient is oatmeal. i've been using it as a cereal snack the apple blueberry kind with a banan chopped up in it. not too shabby. only like 2.50 a pound at target. also 6g protein and 4g fiber a serving. not the best but... for the taste its pretty healthy.

I don't know the specifics of that brand, but I do know that most "granola" bars are crap when it comes to the nutrition aspect. They're one of the biggest scams out there for the "occasional dieter".

sportyhp
12-08-2006, 06:45 PM
i dont think he's talking about a granola bar, but just regular granola in a bag/box

grapemaster
12-08-2006, 07:13 PM
i dont think he's talking about a granola bar, but just regular granola in a bag/box

yeh this is just plain granola, nothing artificial, in a bag. its basically raw oats, apple chips and dried blueberries and pear juice for the sweetener, its similar to the bulk stuff at whole foods.

Melkor
12-08-2006, 07:20 PM
If you want a delicious change try ama-ama. That stuff rocks my face off.

OneBetter
12-08-2006, 07:29 PM
I don't know the specifics of that brand, but I do know that most "granola" bars are crap when it comes to the nutrition aspect. They're one of the biggest scams out there for the "occasional dieter".

in general they are pretty crappy.

kashi's TLC bar is great though.