PDA

View Full Version : Jello Pudding.... healthy snack?

zhrutlan
12-07-2006, 08:22 PM
How does this sound for like a 10 pm snack before bed?

Sugar Free
Fat Free
35 calories
8 carbs
1protein

Not going to hurt me? It just calms down my sweet tooth.

Zack

sportyhp
12-07-2006, 08:27 PM
personally, i would go for something with more protein. try some cottage cheese with some cinnamon and that'll sweeten it up. i feel like the sugar substitutes might help your sweet tooth but it won't really fill you up or be that nutritious in the end. i would rather try to make my calories count, ya know? and those little breakstone cottage cheese packs are only like 90 cals.

zhrutlan
12-07-2006, 08:38 PM
I see what your saying by this time at night I've already gotten enough protein necessary for my daily intake. I'm just curious if this is ok. Not looking to really gain anything from it or anything just want to know if its ok.

Zack

i_bleed_texan
12-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Perfectly fine, dude. It adds (or takes away, for that matter) pretty much nothing to your diet. I like mixing in fudge Jello sugar free pudding with Dreyer's no sugar added cookie dough ice cream. Not even 150 calories.

Right U R Ken
12-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Whey protein powder mixes up just fine in sugar free fat free pudding. I've done it a few times, tastes great!!

bodybuilder45
12-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Whey protein powder mixes up just fine in sugar free fat free pudding. I've done it a few times, tastes great!!

or even better, add a casein dominated protein blend. i would highly recommend including some protein. during the overnight fast, you can easily become catabolic. casein is a strong anticatabolic agent

cute_asian_girl
12-07-2006, 11:31 PM
I really like the sugar free/fat free pudding. (Ready to eat) If your looking for something that has a little more kick. Try this...

Make the pudding out of the boxed powder. (fat free/sugar free)
Add an extra 2 oz. of fat free milk
Put in 2+ scoops of whey protein
(Chocolate whey for chocolate protein, vanilla whey for vanilla/banana/pistachio pudding, etc .)

*This stuff tastes really good and has a good macro profile.

OneBetter
12-07-2006, 11:35 PM
or even better, add a casein dominated protein blend. i would highly recommend including some protein. during the overnight fast, you can easily become catabolic. casein is a strong anticatabolic agent

agreed.

XF ultra peptide FTW

bodybuilder45
12-07-2006, 11:43 PM
agreed.

XF ultra peptide FTW

agreed, nothing beats chocolate UP except for maybe DS's sustain.

sportyhp
12-08-2006, 04:40 AM
I see what your saying by this time at night I've already gotten enough protein necessary for my daily intake. I'm just curious if this is ok. Not looking to really gain anything from it or anything just want to know if its ok.

Zack

ohhhhhh i see what you mean. sometimes if i have a sweet tooth i reach for these frozen mini bananas that are covered in dark chocolate. no preservatives, no unnecessary ingredients, just banana and chocolate lol. and only like 140 cals lol!

corple
12-08-2006, 05:15 AM
read the ingredients and see whats in it...i dont know myself :/

Mortman212
12-08-2006, 05:38 AM
Try this amazing dessert with sugar free chocolate pudding
Put 2 spoons of pb in a bowl melt it in microwave then throw in your pudding mix and the 2 cups of milk needed to make it plus a scoop of any protein powder you want. Throw it in the freezer cause its quicker 15-20 mins later the greatest snack.

batista_029
12-08-2006, 06:19 AM

Zack

Actually you do not bro. Whether you are bulking or cutting you need a slow digesting protein source before bed to prevent catabolism. Since you will be in a fasted state for roughly eight hours you will want approximately 30 - 40g of protein in order to prevent muscle breakdown.

Beefcake Girl
12-08-2006, 06:58 AM
Yep, it's OK. I only eat it off season but sugar free Jello or pudding or popsicles are usually my last little treat before bed :)

I, like you, would've already eaten all my protein and carbs for the day....it is a just a little treat for me. My trainer tells me to eat it :)

ZDub212
12-08-2006, 09:49 AM
You pretty much hit your pre-bed snack dead on. Milk is a slow digesting protein and SF/FF pudding has calcium and small amounts of other micros. Just remember, it's not 35 calories after you mix the milk in, it's going to be 320 with the two cups of milk and the entire box. For a delicious recipe mix some peanut butter (I like Better N' Peanut Butter - Only 2.5g fat in two tablespoons or POWER BUTTER which is sold on bb.com) with Chocolate Fudge SF/FF pudding. Tastes just like peanut butter cups...or mix up some fluff with all of it to have some chocolate peanut butter marshmallow fudge pudding! (Obviously not as healthy haha) Mixing and matching different protein powders in with them is good too. One last thing, bb.com sells protein pudding which has 100 calories and 1 carb and it's delicious right out of the can. Stallone's company. Good luck man!