PDA

View Full Version : AHH all these farts!

The Protagonist
12-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Ok this topic is a bit gross, you have been warned

Anyway, as of late I have been farting a lot. But here is the kicker: I haven't had any protein for the past 72 hours. When this first started I thought 'oh its the damn protein farts' But I ran out of protein over the weekend and haven't had ANY in the past 72 hours. Also I have noticed that when I crap I usually crap a ton. But afterwards I feel that I still have more pressure inside that won't get out. Is there anything I could eat that would make sure that when I excrete I get it all out, so I don't spend the night passing gas?

Thanks

boyscouT
12-06-2006, 05:42 PM
What have you been eating the past 3 days?

How is your fiber intake?

Axle Foley
12-06-2006, 05:43 PM
just crack a little opening at the foot of the blanket and you'll be fine.

Sciamach
12-06-2006, 05:46 PM
just crack a little opening at the foot of the blanket and you'll be fine.

:) lol

The Protagonist
12-06-2006, 05:53 PM
What have you been eating the past 3 days?

How is your fiber intake?

Should have posted that:

My fiber intake is around 35 grams daily

Here is what I've ate within the past 24 hours:

1. Bowl of oatmeal with whole milk
2. 3 fig newton bars
3. Baked Chicken with Spicy Homemade gravy
4. 3 slices of toasted whole wheat bread
5. Natty Peanut Butter & Jelly
6. Pasta
7. 3 cups of brown rice

Axle Foley
12-06-2006, 05:59 PM
You haven't exactly gone w/o protein, unless you meant protein powder. Milk does it to some people, even if they are not lactose intolerant. When bulking I drank 32 oz of milk a day and often had to close my office door all day praying nobody came knockin'

ironwheel_old
12-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Have you been eating excess fiber or foods with fructooligosaccharides? This includes, but is not limited to fruits and vegetables like bananas, onions, chicory root, garlic, asparagus, barley, wheat, apples and tomatoe. Fructooligosaccharides can cause awful gas, and is often used as a calorie-free sweetener and food additive (don't worry, though, it is good for you).

Obviously, if it is eaither fiber or fructooligosaccharides, reduce the amount you are consuming, and make sure to drink plenty of water to alow any solids to pass. Along with this should be a fair amount of releife from your gas.

Also, carbonated beverages can cause gas when (again, consumed in excess.
In some individuals, gas can be a sign of the onset of lactose intollerence, but, since you said you have not had any protein recently, this is highly unlikely.

In terms of a cure, here you are:

1.Certain spices counteract the production of intestinal gas, most notably cumin, caraway and the closely related ajwain, turmeric, asafoetida (hing), epazote, and kombu kelp (a Japanese seaweed).

2.Many people report that by reducing intake of most refined carbohydrates (such as rice, pasta, potatoes and bread), the amount of flatulence may decrease significantly.

3. Probiotics (yogurt, kefir, etc.) often reduce flatulence when they are used to restore balance to the normal intestinal flora. Prebiotics, which generally are non-digestible oligosaccharides, such as Fructooligosaccharide, generally increase flatulence in a similar way as described for lactose intolerance.

4.Medicinal activated charcoal tablets have also been reported as effective in reducing both odor and quantity of flatus when taken immediately before food that is likely to cause flatulence later

Hope this helps.

boyscouT
12-06-2006, 06:12 PM
You haven't exactly gone w/o protein,
^^^^^^

And why are you eating so little? Farting should be the last thing you are worried about, with that kind of caloric intake.

The Protagonist
12-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Have you been eating excess fiber or foods with fructooligosaccharides? This includes, but is not limited to fruits and vegetables like bananas, onions, chicory root, garlic, asparagus, barley, wheat, apples and tomatoe. Fructooligosaccharides can cause awful gas, and is often used as a calorie-free sweetener and food additive (don't worry, though, it is good for you).

Obviously, if it is eaither fiber or fructooligosaccharides, reduce the amount you are consuming, and make sure to drink plenty of water to alow any solids to pass. Along with this should be a fair amount of releife from your gas.

Also, carbonated beverages can cause gas when (again, consumed in excess.
In some individuals, gas can be a sign of the onset of lactose intollerence, but, since you said you have not had any protein recently, this is highly unlikely.

In terms of a cure, here you are:

1.Certain spices counteract the production of intestinal gas, most notably cumin, caraway and the closely related ajwain, turmeric, asafoetida (hing), epazote, and kombu kelp (a Japanese seaweed).

2.Many people report that by reducing intake of most refined carbohydrates (such as rice, pasta, potatoes and bread), the amount of flatulence may decrease significantly.

3. Probiotics (yogurt, kefir, etc.) often reduce flatulence when they are used to restore balance to the normal intestinal flora. Prebiotics, which generally are non-digestible oligosaccharides, such as Fructooligosaccharide, generally increase flatulence in a similar way as described for lactose intolerance.

4.Medicinal activated charcoal tablets have also been reported as effective in reducing both odor and quantity of flatus when taken immediately before food that is likely to cause flatulence later

Hope this helps.

thank you sir, I have been guilty of eating rice, pasta, potatoes, bread, and bananas recently so that is it, but that is my staple diet almost

thanks