PDA

View Full Version : South Beach Diet (packaged Meals)

steelo79
12-05-2006, 11:56 AM
what are YOUR views on them? me personally? i LOVE them! sometimes i just want something quick and easy, and i don't always want to eat a bar or shake. i'd rather have some REAL food. they cost the same as a protein bar too! sometimes LESS actually! i just got 5 of 'em for $10 over at the albertsons near my crib.

cute_asian_girl
12-05-2006, 12:19 PM
I think they taste GREAT!!! The nutrition profile is pretty awesome as well. The only thing I worry about it the preservatives/chems. I wish they would be like other companies and nix the artificial stuff. They are really good when your in a time bind. I try not to eat them every day, but they are great in a pinch.

skyhawk172
12-05-2006, 01:26 PM
great quick meal, but same as above, im suer its not high quality ingredients when they are so damn cheap.

those pizzas are damn good, but i stick to 1 or 2 a week max

sportyhp
12-05-2006, 02:03 PM
just had a south beach frozen meal for the first time ever when my mom came home from the store. she had a pizza and said i could have it since there was nothin' else really to eat in the fridge. i love that it had like 30 g of protein!!!!!

rugby06
12-05-2006, 02:05 PM
yeah i like the pizzas too. next time i go home im raiding the freezer, my mom buys those things all the time. I figure they will be a nice treat on a friday night or something as my cheat meals are few and far between these days.

Jade_Steel_Hawk
12-05-2006, 02:19 PM
aren't those loaded with sodium?

sportyhp
12-05-2006, 02:23 PM
yes but that's why i wouldnt eat them everyday

ERB
12-05-2006, 02:31 PM
aren't those loaded with sodium?

You could always just drink more water.

steelo79
12-05-2006, 03:11 PM
yea, there's a good amount of sodium in 'em, but you need some sodium anyways. you don't want to completely eliminate it from your diet. what i do is just not add any to the meals i cook, since that makes up most of my daily food intake, and i'll get the sodium i need from things like protein bars/powder, south beach meals, gatorade, plus i'll always add a little bit to my post work-out shake. :)

IronAbrams
12-05-2006, 05:31 PM
omg, I love those things. Garlic Chicken and the Oriental Dishes are great, the pizza too.