PDA

View Full Version : "Super HGH" and lifting

Laurie
02-13-2003, 03:53 PM
I know some of you may have heard of this suppliment. My husband has been using it ever since hearing about it on the Art Bell Show. He swears by it and has been bugging me to take it too. At least trying for a month.

My husband is a 62 year old blacksmith/historical armourer and wants to keep as much of his strength/abilities as long as possible. (vigor, skin elasticity, energy et.c) I spoke on the phone with the representative but the "spiel" was geared towards the guys. When I asked about benefits for women, the representative was not as sure. I do know a woman who has been taking it and used to ride around in one of those motorized "Little Rascals" but now walks with a cane.

I always thought exercise and lifting is what keeping production of natural HGH going. I have seen HGH suppliments in different bodybuilding magazines.

Any thoughts and comments would be helpful.

Minotaur
02-14-2003, 07:39 AM
This sort of topic came up in the Somalife thread.

My feeling is one of skepticism (and I say this after talking about leaps of faith in the Getting Fatter thread :rolleyes: ). But I'm skeptical because of the way hGH works.

These products are hGH stimulators, not hGH itself. GH can only be administered by injection; if ingested, it would be digested, like insulin, rendering it useless, because they are both strings of amino acids.

So, these products are supposed to stimulate the hypothalamus and/or pituitary to produce GH. Personally I've not tried them because my insurance pays for the real thing. :D

The only thing I can say is try it. See what happens. It seems that the worst that can happen is that nothing happens and you are parted from some $$. On the other hand, there might be some validity to the claims that these stimulators work.

Oh, and they are not particular as to working in men or women. GH has the same functions in both sexes. Here's a rundown of the benefits of GH... http://www.hormoneprescriptions.com/hghinfo.htm (Not that I'm advertising for the site, it's just that the info is good, and I refer to it.)