PDA

View Full Version : Salad Toppings

quickgain
12-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Hey, I was wondering what everyone topped their salads with to make them not taste like leaves? i just use italian dressing and some chex mix. Chex mix is high in carbs and low in fat so i figured thats a great one, what about you guys?

Oddball8945
12-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Walden Farms No Calorie Ranch Dressing (its their only dressing i like)

^ The best tasteing dressing imo ever considering the fact it has no calories

sportyhp
12-04-2006, 03:49 PM
i looooooooove salads, especially w/ lots of chicken, garbanzo beans, red beets, parmesan cheese, zucchini, mushrooms, and balsamic vinegrette dressing

in10city
12-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Walden Farms No Calorie Ranch Dressing (its their only dressing i like)

^ The best tasteing dressing imo ever considering the fact it has no calories
The Walden Farms' Bleu Cheese and Creamy Bacon are even better ;)

Toss some pumpkin seeds on top. Good protein source (for a seed).

Axle Foley
12-04-2006, 04:51 PM
I top my salad with pumpkin pie. J/K. I use olive oil and vinegar.

lafemmeforte
12-04-2006, 04:58 PM
a slice of pizza and a triple cheeseburger.

jk. tomatoes and raspberry(maybe, it's fruity but unlabled) dressing.

and if I can get it, Wegman's caesar salad with red onions and the most delicious croutons ever.

bignpisst
12-04-2006, 05:00 PM
I like to use salmon canned or otherwise

MaTTie8254
12-04-2006, 05:34 PM
i use CC and its great!!!

shanetrain1973
12-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Fat free Ital (not creamy), apples, corn, lo fat turkey breast. Apples are real sweet tasting and Lower GI so you don't have to use a sweet dressing. The corn is fiberous so it helps you feel full.

slaydox
12-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Grapes and cottage cheese! yummy

ooooo and some pumpernickel croutons....there high in sodium unless you make them yourself tho

dvsness
12-04-2006, 07:45 PM
olive oil and apple cider vinegar. :)

grapemaster
12-04-2006, 07:47 PM
i looooooooove salads, especially w/ lots of chicken, garbanzo beans, red beets, parmesan cheese, zucchini, mushrooms, and balsamic vinegrette dressing

yeh sounds good...

i love a good salad too

i'd eat like above more often if i had more money

normally its just whatever salad is on sale balsamic vinegar and a bit of salt for me.

alexclark
12-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Salads have become one of my favorite dishes with the salad bar in my cafeteria. I usually have this:

spinach and lettuce
diced carrots
bell peppers
kidney/garbanzo beans
sliced black olives
squirt of lemon
shrimp/diced turkey
olive oil
balsamic vinegar

mmmmm...They also keep it on ice so its cold.

Crunchbar
12-04-2006, 07:54 PM
chex mix has way to much salt, and low quality carbs. I usually just throw my veggies on/with all my other food so it like a stir fry each meal hehe.

I like to mix avocado and fatfree ricotta together and put it on my veggies and other food tastes great. Good fat source too...

Fiber one is a good salad topping if you looking for a crunch, also ezekiel cereal.

gorilla69
12-04-2006, 11:52 PM
i work in an italian restaurant so i order this - large house salad with grilled chicken and tuna... i put a little creamy italian on it like maybe 2 teaspoons and a bunch of red wine vinegar... the **** is bangin with the tuna........... also i like a baked chicken salad and as for dressing ill use a little blue cheese(bad for you but carb free) and mix it with a little balsamic vinegar..... it gets the job done.

cute_asian_girl
12-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Dried cranberries or cherries and sliced almonds. (carbs, antioxidants, and good fats)