PDA

View Full Version : Challenge II - Tracyb

tracyb555
02-13-2003, 10:20 AM
Hi All -

I've been doing well with the exercise part of my challenge, but still not as focused on the diet as I'd like to be. And not seeing the kind of results I'd like to see either. It's time for Tracy to make a change!

In keeping with the board trends, I'm starting - Challenge II:

Start Date - Feb 13
End Date - May 7

Milestone Dates: (every 4 weeks) Mar 12/Apr 9/May 7

Goal: Lose 7 lbs of body fat

Exercise: 6 days per week/1 rest day

3 day split for weights
- Back/Biceps/Abs
- Legs
- Chest/Shoulders/Tris/Abs

3 days running or other cardio

Food religiously logged into fit day, following a 40/40/20 breakdown, with a max of 1850 calories per day. I'll log my exercise and Fitday breakdowns here for each week.

tracyb555
02-13-2003, 10:26 AM
Thurs

Cardio - 60 minute "Body Circuit" class (aerobic w/some strength training). Worked up a good sweat, felt challenged. Nice alternative to running when my path is iced over!

Evening - total body stretch on PreCor Trainer. Need to do this more often. It feels great.

Calories: 1809
Fat: 24%
Protein: 35%
Carbs: 42%
(not too bad with the ratios and stayed under for calories)

Fri -

Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Total body stretch on Precor

Calories: 1797
Fat: 20%
Protein: 38%
Carbs: 42%
(Getting better with the ratios, good on calories)

Sat - Rest Day

Sun - Run 9.5 miles

Mon - Back/Biceps/Abs

Tues - Legs

Wed - 30 minutes elliptical

MagicMel
02-13-2003, 01:27 PM
Tracy,
Good luck on your Challenge II!
Looks like you have a new game plan. We'll be watching, and I know you'll do well.
Go get 'em.

Eye2_Man
02-13-2003, 01:41 PM
Good goals. Good plan. And good start.

Good luck!

TwoWalks
02-13-2003, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tracyb555
It's time for Tracy to make a change!

In keeping with the board trends, I'm starting - Challenge II:

Start Date - Feb 13
End Date - May 7

Ok Tracy this can be allowed and there is presidence for it but you do have to post a before / middle / ending photo :):)

Give em what for

tracyb555
02-13-2003, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. Still don't think I want to post the "before" pics until I have some good "after" pics, or maybe some progress photos.

little lats
02-13-2003, 03:55 PM
Okay your on probation with the others... :)

TwoWalks
02-13-2003, 03:55 PM
:D

tracyb555
02-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Who else is on probation with me? All of the Challenge II crowd? Sounds like I'm in good company.

TwoWalks
02-13-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by tracyb555
Who else is on probation with me? All of the Challenge II crowd? Sounds like I'm in good company.

Yep, the II is a contract 2 the end.:) And in good company you are. After I do my check in tomorrow, maybe I will join the II club

TrishB
02-13-2003, 08:38 PM
LMAO...I just read today entries! Tracy, you might as well join us on the Challenge II. Hib and I are on probation...we could use some company.

I look at the 1st challenge as a test run. I kinda crashed.

But since starting #2, life is good again. :)
New diet, new workout plans, new goals.
Its working.

I want you to really do well with this. You got the challenges started here....now you need to kick butt to complete it and reach your goals. Even if it means starting again. :)

tracyb555
02-14-2003, 09:29 AM
OK, I'll be on probation. Guess I should be. Started off challenge 1 doing great on the exercise, but didn't watch my nutrition. This has always been my problem - I rarely have problems getting motivated for exercise.

So I'm using fitday for journaling and even (gasp) planning in advance. Counting on the folks here to help keep me on accountable to the new plan.

Off to the grocery store for some healthy shopping. Catch ya'll later.

tracyb555
02-15-2003, 12:05 PM
Doing well with the journaling and feeling great!

Heading to the gym so I can get in a workout before my big date night with hubby. Today is a cardio day. I'll probably do the elliptical if it is available. Hope everyone is enjoying the week-end!

Eye2_Man
02-15-2003, 12:17 PM
Hi tracyb555, have a fun workout and good weekend.

tracyb555
02-16-2003, 06:28 AM
Got all the way to the gym yesterday when I realized I didn't have my gym shoes (BOO HISS!) so I decided to make it a rest day.

I'm heading out for a long run this morning, feeling quite good. The mirror shows that my tummy is getting a little flatter (WOO HOO!) and the scale keeps moving in the downward direction. I think focusing on the food this past week has really helped. I'm very close now to the weight I was at last spring when I felt really good. With challenge II, I set my goals a little higher (or should I say, lower, in terms of body fat). Who knows, it might even be time for some progress pics!

OK - heading off to run. Catch up with everyone later.

TwoWalks
02-16-2003, 08:06 AM
The mirror shows that my tummy is getting a little flatter (WOO HOO!) and the scale keeps moving in the downward direction.

With challenge II, I set my goals a little higher (or should I say, lower, in terms of body fat). Who knows, it might even be time for some progress pics!

Tracy this is great news. The mirror is the number one way to measure progress and smaller clothes is number two. The scale in the downward mode is a lot like the north on a compass, it shows we are on the right path to get to our destination.

I agree, it is time for those progress pics:D

Good job and keep it going, not only does it do wonders for the body, it does wonders for the mind.:)

tracyb555
02-16-2003, 10:20 AM
Thanks TwoWalks! Your support is great.

I went for my 9.5 miler today. The path was icy, and covered in a powdery snow. Sure made it difficult, running up the hills with absolutely no traction, felt like I was going nowhere! But my legs feel that "good sore", so I'm sure it was an even better workout than it would have been with a clean path!

Going out for a healthy (late) breakfast. Catch ya'll later!

kendo
02-16-2003, 02:13 PM
Thanks TwoWalks! Your support is great.

I went for my 9.5 miler today. The path was icy, and covered in a powdery snow. Sure made it difficult, running up the hills with absolutely no traction, felt like I was going nowhere!

Maybe you forgot your gym shoes again :D

tracyb555
02-18-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by kendo
Maybe you forgot your gym shoes again :D

LOL!! Wearing Teflon socks without gym shoes probably didn't help either :)

Really pushed myself today on the leg workout! Woo Hoo! Getting results is really helping my motivation, thus spinning me into a positive cycle. Eating has been excellent too.

Gator
02-19-2003, 06:25 AM
Keep pushin Trace !!
Congrats on all youve done so far..

Gator

Hibiscus09
02-19-2003, 11:01 AM
Hey, I have just now noticed you're on probation with me & Trish. It's okay -- the probation officers are pushovers!!!

Good luck on your new challenge!

TwoWalks
02-19-2003, 12:02 PM
Really pushed myself today on the leg workout! Woo Hoo! Getting results is really helping my motivation, thus spinning me into a positive cycle. Eating has been excellent too.

With all the suppliments, fat burners, fat blockers and other assorted aids out there, none has ever worked better or replaced good old: positive motivation Good job Tracy - your on a roll now.

TwoWalks
02-19-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Hibiscus09
It's okay -- the probation officers are pushovers!!!

If you believe this, then I was too easy on you back in challenge 1 on the Ladies forum:D

Hibiscus09
02-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Awww, you're just a teddy bear! ;)

tracyb555
02-20-2003, 11:22 AM
OK folks, I'm on the program! Eating is good, exercise is good, even water intake is good. Just haven't done a good job of journaling it under my challenge thread. Guess you'll forgive me for this though, as long as I post my progress photos soon :)

The weather is warming up a bit here (40's), so I went out for a 10 mile run on a different path. It was a little icy, but not as bad as my last run and with fewer hills.

With my current schedule, I should be able to work out 2 long runs like this a week, then one shorter cardio day and 3 weight days.

Also trying to get some things together for my upcoming move (selling our house, possibly building a new one, etc.) So working out is the best part of my day and helps to relieve stress.

However, I did find the perfect job for me, right in our new town. And I've got plenty o' experience :)

http://www.breauxvineyards.com/ (click on the jobs link).

tracyb555
02-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Gator - thanks for the encouragement! Hope to be posting photos soon.

Hib - I agree that the probation officers are pretty lenient, but don't say anything to them about it. Let's let them think we are scared of them.

Twowalks - I have yet to use any fat blocking type products. Guess I'm just determined to do it the old fashioned way, through hard work and dedication to eating right. While I don't deny that part of me is doing this to look good, I'm not willing to risk my health in order to do so.

little lats
02-20-2003, 11:49 AM

Hib - I agree that the probation officers are pretty lenient, but don't say anything to them about it. Let's let them think we are scared of them.

Doesn't mean we aren't watching!! :)

Hibiscus09
02-20-2003, 12:13 PM
Lats is a Voyeur! :)

TwoWalks
02-20-2003, 12:50 PM
Twowalks - I have yet to use any fat blocking type products. Guess I'm just determined to do it the old fashioned way, through hard work and dedication to eating right. While I don't deny that part of me is doing this to look good, I'm not willing to risk my health in order to do so.

I hear that: I have no problem with what people choose to reach their goals. For me, I also put my health as number one and appearance as number two. Got to looking at DHEA awhile back and the health benifits of it, did not even catch that it was a pro-hormone, then I found one of the side effects could be balding, Wow, wait a minute this carpet is thin enough already. So much for that suppliment.:D

Hibiscus09
02-20-2003, 01:58 PM
TwoWalks, I was told by a trainer to take that one a while ago. I thought NOT after reading up on it. :) I believe the side effect that scared me most was the cystic acne. I can't remember what else I read about the stuff.

tracyb555
02-20-2003, 02:08 PM
DHEA results in baldness & acne? Not exactly the look I'm going for!!

TwoWalks
02-20-2003, 02:59 PM
DHEA results in baldness & acne? Not exactly the look I'm going for!!

Probably a real fashion statement like those see through dresses at a fat fest:D

tracyb555
02-20-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by TwoWalks
Probably a real fashion statement like those see through dresses at a fat fest:D

Ugh! At least it would squealch the appetite!

little lats
02-20-2003, 03:04 PM
Lats is a Voyeur! :)

And there is something wrong with that..? :D

Hibiscus09
02-20-2003, 03:22 PM
I guess it's okay as long as you're not nearsighted & don't end up with your eyeball on someone's butt -- at least uninvited.

tracyb555
02-20-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by little lats
And there is something wrong with that..? :D

Lats - we don't mind you being a voyeur. That's why all the ladies on this board started wearing the Japanese skirts.

little lats
02-20-2003, 03:41 PM
I got that email at work today. And I haven't decided if I like it or not... I have some high morals. :) Keep up the good work Tracy.

tracyb555
02-20-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by little lats
I have some high morals. :) Keep up the good work Tracy.

Glad to have a moralistic voyeur among us (LOL!!!) Seriously, those skirts are pretty outrageous - I can't imagine actually wearing one in public.

Thanks for the encouragement!

little lats
02-20-2003, 04:09 PM
Yah, I can't wait to see what they come up with by the time my daugter is 15. :)

tracyb555
02-21-2003, 11:23 AM
Hi All!

It looks beautiful and sunny out today. I must get outside to take advantage of this weather!

Anyway, I'm very pleased with my results so far on Challenge II and am FINALLY down to the weight where I was last spring! Not so much the weight, but I'm much happier with what I see in the mirror. Can't wait to see where I'm at by the end of the challenge - Woo Hoo! I'll see if I can get DD to take some progress pics this afternoon.

Still busy around the house, trying to figure out what to do with stuff before we move. Seems like a never-ending task.

Gotta go - have a good day!

Hibiscus09
02-21-2003, 11:24 AM
I keep forgetting your big move! You probably need a brown paper bag also! LOL

TwoWalks
02-21-2003, 01:25 PM
Can't wait to see where I'm at by the end of the challenge - Woo Hoo! I'll see if I can get DD to take some progress pics this afternoon.

PLEASE DD PLEEEEASE:D

Tracy great news and really nice to hear those spirits soaring with anticipation. Looking forward to those celebration photo's at the end of the 12 weeks ... Awsome, fantastic, Great job keep it up.

tracyb555
02-23-2003, 08:45 PM
Hi All!

It's been a hectic week, but I still managed to stick to my exercise goals.

Last night, DH & I were going through boxes in the basement, trying to figure out what we wanted to keep and what we wanted to pitch. I ended up doing my chest/shoulders/tricep workout after 10 pm.

Then, I missed my trail run today because we had friends over helping us pack things up for our move. But after everyone left, I did 6 miles on the DREADmill. I hate treadmills, but I guess they are better than not working out at all. And as a side benefit, my hatred of them makes me run faster just to get it over with sooner! At any rate, it wasn't such a bad workout and helped me to burn off some stress.

Thank goodness tomorrow is trash day. We have enough trash outside to fill a 2 car garage! The garbage men will probably throw rotten tomatoes at our house.

Our house officially goes on the market on March 4th, and the realtor is coming over on March 3rd to do one of those 360 degree virtual tour photo shots. Gotta make sure everything looks good, so I'll be busy all week.

If I don't check in, you will know why!

Hibiscus09
02-23-2003, 09:14 PM
Wow!! That was worth at least 3% of bodyfat!

tracyb555
02-24-2003, 08:04 AM
Wow!! That was worth at least 3% of bodyfat!

Don't I wish! Anyway, I'm kind of delaying my workout this morning, only because I know what is waiting for me when I get back. Yikes, Calgon (or Matt Damon), take me away!

Hibiscus - send some of that warm weather my way. After a very warm day on Friday, the weekend turned extremely cold and we got more snow last night. Hope it warms up by mid-week for my outdoor running.

tracyb555
02-25-2003, 10:11 AM
Thursday - 10 mile run

Friday - rest

Saturday - Chest / Shoulders / Triceps

Sunday - 6 mile run (treadmill)

Monday - Back / Biceps / Abs

Tuesday - Legs

Wednesday - 9.5 mile run (hilly)

Hibiscus09
02-25-2003, 10:14 AM
Good job, Tracy! I wish I could run. :( I suck -- if it's mind over matter then matter's winning. :)

tracyb555
02-25-2003, 10:20 AM
Thanks Hibiscus!

Not everyone likes running. I think it's more important to find something you like doing than make yourself do something because you think you should, right?

I like to challenge myself with hills, new terrain, and just enjoy the scenary. I'm excited about our move because the Washington & Old Dominion Trail (W&OD) runs right in front of our sub-division. And the highest elevations are near our town, so I should get in loads of hill work. Guess I'm sick that way!

TwoWalks
02-25-2003, 10:42 AM
Not everyone likes running.

I think walking a mile is a marathon:D Bad knees, bad hip and bad lower back have given me top notch excuses not to run, but truth be told I hate running Even in my youth in track and football I hated to run ... probably why I was a sprinter:)

Hibiscus09
02-25-2003, 11:01 AM
I usually end up doing the precor or walking uphill. I can walk uphill at 4.2 mph & 12-15% incline for 30 minutes before I even think of breaking a sweat. It takes about an hour for me to actually be sweating enough for my hair to get a little damp underneath. I don't know if that's good or bad. :) I see other people sweating bullets when they try to do it. Sometimes I increase the speed to about 4.4mph but not much more because I'm so short it ends up being too fast for my little legs to go.

tracyb555
02-25-2003, 02:22 PM
Sometimes I increase the speed to about 4.4mph but not much more because I'm so short it ends up being too fast for my little legs to go.

LOL! I too have short legs, so anything above 4.4, 4.5, I may as well go up to 6.0 since I have to jog anyway!

Like the amount of weight you lift, your cardio should leave you feeling tired, so I wouldn't measure it against anyone else's speed/incline. But if you are working out a full 30 minutes before you start to sweat, it seems like you might want something a little more challenging. Do you like the elliptical trainer? I find this to be more interesting than the treadmill. Or maybe something totally different, like a boxing or spinning class.

Hibiscus09
02-25-2003, 02:44 PM
I do really like the elliptical trainer & do it in the mornings for my pre-breakfast cardio since I have one right beside my bed. :) I do work up a sweat on it somewhat -- I've never perspired a whole lot anyway which is why I think I have a tendency to overheat -- I'm not sure my body cools itself real efficiently. I do the elliptical trainer at 12% incline & do intervals alternating between 165-170rpm and 190-200 rpm. I haven't been to a spinning class in a while but I do really like those also. My old gym offered them but my new gym doesn't. I've been thinking about calling another gym that's nearby to see if I can just pay for spinning classes.

I don't know what the deal is with the walking uphill thing. I guess I've just trained myself to do that pretty efficiently because it doesn't feel like much of a workout anymore. I also like to stairmaster but I've heard that builds your butt & legs & I sure don't need that to happen. :)

tracyb555
02-25-2003, 02:53 PM
I don't know what the deal is with the walking uphill thing. I guess I've just trained myself to do that pretty efficiently because it doesn't feel like much of a workout anymore.

I think you hit the nail on the head. You are doing it more efficiently now and your body no longer feels challenged.

Hope you are able to get into that spinning class. I'm pretty lucky that my gym offers a variety of classes so I can have some interesting alternatives when it's too cold to run outside or I'm just looking for a change.

tracyb555
02-26-2003, 01:53 PM
It was a "balmy" 26 degrees this morning (actually warmer & sunnier than it has been the past 3 days), so I went for an outdoor run on *my* path. Very cool - saw 3 deer right near the path around mile 3! I love it when I see wildlife (besides the wildlife on this board).

I tried to do some touch-up painting around the house last night, but the color doesn't quite match up, so it looks like I have more painting work ahead of me today (UGH!!). DH will be getting the apartment in Virginia and driving some stuff out there this weekend, including our pets.

Hibiscus09
02-26-2003, 02:00 PM
It won't be long & you'll be there & all of this will be behind you. :) That's not sounding very balmy! LOL It's cooler & dreary here today -- probably in the 50s. I hate dreary -- I'm a sunshine kind of person (although I do think storms are pretty cool like hurricanes, tornadoes or a real big thunder boomer -- probably should have been a meteorologist!)

tracyb555
02-27-2003, 11:54 AM
Thurs - rest

Fri - chest/shoulders/triceps

Sat - 30 minutes stationary bike, hill program + 5 minute cooldown

Sun - 9.5 mile run

Mon - Back/Biceps/Abs

Tues - Legs/Abs

Wed - 45 minutes on elliptical, cross-train aerobic program

So far, so good! Very happy with the amount of mileage I got in last week. Hopefully can do the same this week.

tracyb555
02-27-2003, 11:56 AM
It won't be long & you'll be there & all of this will be behind you. :) That's not sounding very balmy! LOL It's cooler & dreary here today -- probably in the 50s. I hate dreary -- I'm a sunshine kind of person (although I do think storms are pretty cool like hurricanes, tornadoes or a real big thunder boomer -- probably should have been a meteorologist!)

Today is not so bad. DD is home from school so we have been working on her room. It wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be and she's doing a pretty good job of sorting through things.

I've been cleaning some of the excess stuff out of the cupboards and doing laundry. The basement will have to wait until Friday.

If I'm feeling up to it, I might do Chest/Shoulders/Tris tonight, otherwise, I'll use it as a rest day. It's another sunny day, so I have all the shades open. I love natural light coming in!

tracyb555
02-28-2003, 09:17 AM
Took a rest yesterday, did chest/shoulders/tris today. Feeling good & strong!

More moving work today (does this never end???), but I've got a friend coming over to help. I can't wait until all of this is over - UGH!

Hubby got the apartment in Virginia, kicked in the moving package and also received his bonus for 2002 (YEAH!!!). So things seem to be moving along on that end.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hibiscus09
02-28-2003, 09:32 AM
Hope you have a great day also! :)

We moved into our house about 5 years ago -- there are still boxes in the garage. LOL I have no idea what's in them.

tracyb555
02-28-2003, 10:05 AM
Hope you have a great day also! :)

We moved into our house about 5 years ago -- there are still boxes in the garage. LOL I have no idea what's in them.

Yep - we have stuff we've been lugging around with us since before we were married. I think I did a pretty good job of emptying out some junk, but I'm sure we are still managing to take some unneeded things with us anyway.

TwoWalks
02-28-2003, 01:07 PM
We moved into our house about 5 years ago -- there are still boxes in the garage.

Eight years ago, Nara and I decided to get together, we decided to meet in the middle.
She lived in So California and I lived in Oregon, We found a nice three bedroom house in Sonora and moved in - 1/2 of a medium sized uhaul truck.

Two years ago the owner decided to sell the house, so we started looking at what we had and what it was going to take to move it. We found a nice place on the other side of town, then we looked again at what we had to move - 4 uhaul trucks, large - maybe... We bought the house rather than move:D

tracyb555
02-28-2003, 01:10 PM
4 moving trucks? That's ALOT of stuff! Luckily, hubby is taking a job transfer and they are paying relocation expenses. However, the fine print on the contract says they will not pay to move weight equipment - guess we will have to eat that expense ourselves. One downside to having a home gym :(

Hibiscus09
02-28-2003, 01:31 PM
I'd like a home gym. We have a room over the garage we keep talking about finishing into a kind of a movie room. I told my sweetie we need to go ahead & do it & also have some exercise stuff up there! :)

Our last house was HUGE. I never liked it -- it was just too big for me. This one is still large but wasn't large enough to fit in some of the stuff so it all went to the garage. I've been giving it away as time goes on piece by piece so eventually it will be a clear garage. I can park a car on one side of it. LOL

tracyb555
03-01-2003, 08:17 AM
Woo Hoo! Getting great results with Challenge II:

Waist, hips & bust (sniff) - each down 1 inch
Thighs - down 1/2 inch

TwoWalks
03-01-2003, 08:43 AM
Woo Hoo! Getting great results with Challenge II:

Waist, hips & bust (sniff) - each down 1 inch
Thights - down 1/2 inch

If there is a down side to losing weight for the Ladies, there it is. My wife is freaking out over that one:)

Tracy great job, even with the moving

by the way, those are U-Haul trucks - not moving vans:D

Hibiscus09
03-01-2003, 08:50 AM
Great job, Tracy!!!! Isn't making progress great!? Hey, I was just thinking -- maybe when I come to Washington this summer we can meet for coffee or lunch? We'll be down sometime in early June. :)

I think you're doing extra terrific for keeping up with everything while moving -- I would have bitten the dust & been swigging wine by now if I were you! LOL

tracyb555
03-01-2003, 08:56 AM
If there is a down side to losing weight for the Ladies, there it is. My wife is freaking out over that one:)

While in reality, I'm losing equally all over, it seems to be disappearing faster there. Probably because that is where I DON'T want to lose!

tracyb555
03-01-2003, 08:59 AM
Great job, Tracy!!!! Isn't making progress great!? Hey, I was just thinking -- maybe when I come to Washington this summer we can meet for coffee or lunch? We'll be down sometime in early June. :)

I think you're doing extra terrific for keeping up with everything while moving -- I would have bitten the dust & been swigging wine by now if I were you! LOL

Thanks Hibiscus - I'm not sure of the date of our move - DD is graduating on June 6th. If the timing works out, I'd definitely love to meet for coffee or lunch!

And thanks for the encouragement. I think the exercise helps me to de-stress and I've been too busy to overeat! Although if I had some wine in the house, I'd probably be sitting in my jacuzzi tub with it.

Eye2_Man
03-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Every thing down one inch just from Feb. 1st to Mar. 1st ? That's really good.

tracyb555
03-01-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Eye2_Man
Every thing down one inch just from Feb. 1st to Mar. 1st ? That's really good.

Thanks Eye2_Man! I've been working really hard, so it's nice to see some results.

tracyb555
03-02-2003, 11:42 AM
Oh, give me spring!

Yesterday, it wasn't too bad, but looked a little dreary outside, so I opted to do indoor cardio. Had a great ride on the stationary bike and was dripping with sweat after doing the hill program. My quads were screaming!

Then, it started snowing today, so I ran outside in the snow. Temps said 26, but with the windchill, it was more like 22. I had a pair of running tights under my fleece pants and kept pretty warm during the run, but after I stopped, I had to crank the heat in the car to stay warm.

Hubby keeps saying that I'm looking too thin now. I think he is used to seeing me at a higher weight. Or he is looking at my diminishing chest! I look at my hips, waist and thighs and think I'd like to lose a bit more body fat. Last spring, I was at the weight I am right now and was ok with it. When I dropped a few pounds lighter, I felt that my chest got a little too small, so went back up to the current weight. Guess I need to experiment a bit to see where I feel comfortable. At any rate, implants are out of the question for me - it's just something I would never do (no offense to anyone who has done it or is considering it). Why can't I just shift some of that hip & tummy weight into my chest :( Guess I'll just keep investing in those wonderful Victoria's Secret bras!

Hibiscus09
03-02-2003, 12:06 PM
Tracy I sent you a private message regarding this -- LOL!

tracyb555
03-02-2003, 01:52 PM
Tracy I sent you a private message regarding this -- LOL!

PM Back atcha!

TrishB
03-02-2003, 02:45 PM
Tracy...sounds like you are doing really great with this challenge.
Losing the inches!!!! YEAH!!! :)

I started running down in NC. I was doing 3 to 5 miles every day, since the treadmill at this gym was a little wobbly. I can't believe how great my legs and butt shaped up in such a short time.
It was great getting outdoors in 65 degree weather, running along the ocean. (Back to reality now)
I think I will try to keep it up, but will wait for the warmer weather here. No marathons for me though.

BTW.....I drove though DC...they had snow piled up about 25 feet high. Just wanted to get you a little motivated about the move...lol. :)

Hibiscus09
03-02-2003, 03:02 PM
I'm a little depressed that when I start running it takes me 2 months just to get where I can run a few miles & you were able to do it right off the bat. I SUCK at running! LOL

Belle
03-02-2003, 03:04 PM
You sound as if you have the same problem as myself there Tracy. I am almost happy with the top half --could do with some tone, but don't want to lose any weight there, and yet the legs and butt still need to lose a ton. I keep telling myself it will balance out. I think it will eventually, once the majority of the fat has gone and I'm just building.

TrishB
03-02-2003, 03:26 PM
I'm a little depressed that when I start running it takes me 2 months just to get where I can run a few miles & you were able to do it right off the bat. I SUCK at running! LOL

I thought you were running 5K, or whatever they are, races?
I have no clue how far that is, but it sounds far to me. I could never race anyone...they would leave me in the dust. But I managed to make it home every day.

Hibiscus09
03-02-2003, 03:35 PM
I did run one in December but I haven't run much since then. I sure couldn't do it without a lot of gasping for air right now. :)

tracyb555
03-02-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by TrishB
I thought you were running 5K, or whatever they are, races?
I have no clue how far that is, but it sounds far to me. I could never race anyone...they would leave me in the dust. But I managed to make it home every day.

5k = 3.1 miles

Hibiscus09
03-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Now, Tracy -- "kilometers" looks longer! :)

TrishB
03-02-2003, 05:49 PM
Wow...I thought Kilometers were longer. I could try doing one of those races this summer.
Tracy....me and Hib could meet up with you when you move to the east coast and we could all run a race.
(A short race...none of your marathons.)

Hib...me and you can drag ass behind Tracy. Maybe stop for a drink along the way....have some lunch......see the sights... :D

Hibiscus09
03-02-2003, 08:47 PM
That's after my trip to the hospital in the ambulance, right? ;)

tracyb555
03-02-2003, 08:50 PM
Hey wait a minute - you two can't stop for drinks without me. I'll have hubby pull up a keg to the finish line and we'll probably have a 3-way tie for first place!

tracyb555
03-03-2003, 12:07 PM
Hi All!

Realtor came by this morning to take some inside pics. Said everything looked really good. House goes on the market tomorrow, so wish us luck. (Anybody looking for a nice house in Illinois?)

Trying to get hubby to go with me to the gym for back/biceps day. If not, I'll be going solo in about an hour or so.

Have a good day.

TrishB
03-03-2003, 06:49 PM
Hey wait a minute - you two can't stop for drinks without me. I'll have hubby pull up a keg to the finish line and we'll probably have a 3-way tie for first place!

That would probably get all the guys on the board to join the race too. Let's just make it a really short race....like around the block. :)

TrishB
03-03-2003, 06:50 PM
Good luck with the house sale Tracy! If the market is anything like here in the Northeast...it should sell really quick.

How about the house on the other end? Did you guys decide on one there yet?

tracyb555
03-03-2003, 10:15 PM
Trish - if all works out with the timing & relocation package, we will be going with new construction in a small town outside of Leesburg, Va. DH is getting an apartment closeby, so we will have some place to stay until October when the house will be completed.

TrishB
03-04-2003, 05:42 PM
That sounds great Tracy. I wish you the best!

BTW...change your name thing to message board queen, not king. I think it automatically goes to king, but you can change it yourself in your options.
You can tell the BB.com administrator is a guy....forgot to take us hotmommas into consideration when they started this site. :)

tracyb555
03-04-2003, 05:43 PM
That sounds great Tracy. I wish you the best!

BTW...change your name thing to message board queen, not king. I think it automatically goes to king, but you can change it yourself in your options.
You can tell the BB.com administrator is a guy....forgot to take us hotmommas into consideration when they started this site. :)

Thanks Trish - was wondering about why I was considered Kingly. Maybe it was the comment about my diminishing chest!

TrishB
03-04-2003, 05:50 PM
Thanks Trish - was wondering about why I was considered Kingly. Maybe it was the comment about my diminishing chest!

LMAO :D

tracyb555
03-04-2003, 05:56 PM
OK, I put on my VS bra and changed my profile. Am I a queen yet?

TrishB
03-04-2003, 06:00 PM
Yep....you are. I've got to get me one of those bras. :)

Belle
03-04-2003, 06:00 PM
LOL. I was wondering why you considered yourself a king and not a queen. In fact because I changed my name to Pixie Princess, I actually thought everyone had chosen their names and was wondering why there were so many queen's and kings around here..LOL! I thought you had chosen king because you were in the Army and had been tomboy growing up or something..lol! Or maybe as a slight twist of humour.

TwoWalks
03-04-2003, 06:36 PM
Do those titles change automatically with time or what? I have had about four different ones since I got here, and still don't know how you change them.:)

Belle
03-04-2003, 06:45 PM
You change it in the User CP at the top of this page. Click there and then click "edit profiles" and then scroll down to title box and type in your chosen title and then save preferences or changes by hitting the save changes button at the bottom.
Good job the message board founder is not female, all the guys would be known as "message board queens" instead of kings..lols.

Belle
03-04-2003, 06:49 PM
I had a slight promotion today to message board goddess..lol!

tracyb555
03-05-2003, 06:37 AM
Looks like I might get my cardio shoveling snow today! We had quite the downfall last night & this morning. OK guys & girls, I'm braving the cold and heading out there now. BRRRRRR.....

kendo
03-05-2003, 07:44 AM
Time for the coat I'm afraid Trace :(

Remember the rules ;)

tracyb555
03-05-2003, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the tip Kendo! I put it on, and my neighbor with the snow blower came out and did the driveway for me! Must have been the coat ;)

edster951
03-05-2003, 11:51 AM
were still waiting for the fur coat inspection, or whats under them....... :)

I'm still hanging in the background waiting for more yummy pictures of you ladies.....

Belle
03-05-2003, 07:01 PM
LOL! Yeh, the ladies are waiting for the blokes to post theirs first.... :) Someone start a pics thread... I'm bored. *twiddles thumbs*

tracyb555
03-07-2003, 08:19 AM
Thursday - rest

Friday - chest/shoulders/tris, a little bit o' abs, stretch trainer

Saturday - 1 mile treadmill, stretch trainer (was VERY bored with the whole thing. Should have done more. Maybe this counts as a semi-rest day????)

Sunday - 9.5 miles (very icy & cold. Maybe this makes up for yesterday's sorry-@$$ workout??)

Monday - 10 minutes stairmaster warmup, Back/biceps/abs

Tuesday - 30 minutes elliptical train, cross-train program, level 7

Wednesday - 9.5 mile run

tracyb555
03-07-2003, 08:25 AM
Heading out shortly to see a friend's new condo. Oh - and I'm trying to plan a girls' night with some friends on Saturday. If any of you ladies would like to join us, you are most welcome!

As for workouts: This afternoon, I'll be doing my chest/shoulder/tris. Looks like a good week-end for running, so I hope to get some nice runs in on both days.

I've signed up for the Shamrock Shuffle 8k (just under 5 miles for the metrically challenged) on March 23rd. It is a big race here in Chicago and always a lot of crowd support. Should be fun!

Belle
03-07-2003, 05:27 PM
I would love to have joined you. Hehehe... have a drink for me. Don't do anything I wouldn't do though... ;)

TwoWalks
03-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Tracy enjoy the Ladies night out and the 8K, you have earned it and then some. :)

TrishB
03-08-2003, 08:38 AM
And how are we feeling today after girls nite out???

I think I might go out running today myself.....well maybe, if it warms up about 20 more degrees.

tracyb555
03-08-2003, 09:04 AM
Trish - doing the girls night tonight, so I'll let you know about my hangover tomorrow (LOL!!) Have a great run.

TwoWalks
03-08-2003, 12:33 PM
Trish - doing the girls night tonight, so I'll let you know about my hangover tomorrow (LOL!!) Have a great run.

The only hang over I have had in 15 years is at the belt line:D

Be kind to yourself:)

Belle
03-09-2003, 02:55 AM
Tracy,

Just posting b4 I goto bed here cos I know you'll be reading this with the hangover. LOL!

Whatever you do don't have a keto breakfast (*hurl's at thought of sausage,bacon and eggs after night before bout of heavy drinking*) and don't do the Swiss Ball thing today. Getting on the Swiss Ball now and doing the ab's---well I bet any money the room spins. LOL! *Just kidding*

Have a nice relaxing Sunday, and hope that your run and night out went well.

tracyb555
03-09-2003, 10:05 AM
Sorry to disappoint all, but there was no hangover today! We went out for dinner at a brew pub place, then back to my house for drinks. More of a subdued evening with good conversation and lots of laughs.

Now, I need to head out and run off last night's dinner!

tracyb555
03-09-2003, 05:26 PM
Oohhh BRRR! It looked sunny out today, but temps were only 16 degrees (Farenheit). And the path was so icy, it was a very difficult run. My feet are blistering and my ankles are sore from me kicking myself because of all the sliding. Not one of my more enjoyable runs. Next time, I'm wearing one of those fur coats, and maybe some fur boots too.

tracyb555
03-10-2003, 04:01 PM
Good day in the gym, did back/biceps/abs, then jumped in the warm water therapy pool to stretch out. Finished off by relaxing in the hot tub - ahhh!

Hibiscus09
03-10-2003, 04:59 PM
That sounds relaxing! :)

kendo
03-11-2003, 04:28 AM
Oohhh BRRR! Next time, I'm wearing one of those fur coats, and maybe some fur boots too.

I think we will allow the boots this once but just outdoors!

mmm on second thoughts thinking about it the boots sounds good actually :D

tracyb555
03-11-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by kendo
I think we will allow the boots this once but just outdoors!

mmm on second thoughts thinking about it the boots sounds good actually :D

Uh oh - I knew those inspectors would be out here soon, trying to figure out what I had going on underneath the fur! Quick, I'd better hide the fur jog bra!

tracyb555
03-12-2003, 03:46 PM
Thurs - 10 minutes warmup on stairmaster, legs

Fri - rest day

Sat - chest/shoulders/tris

Sun - 11 mile run / 1 mile walk

Mon - 10 minute warmup on stairmaster, back/biceps/abs

Tues - 10 minute warmup on elliptical, legs/abs

Wed - 4 1/2 hours run/hike (total 2:15 run, 2:15 walk), hilly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thurs -

Fri -

Sat -

Sun - 8k race scheduled

TrishB
03-12-2003, 04:26 PM
Ahhhh Tracy....I think you forgot something? Or maybe you want us all to fill in the blanks for you. That would be kind of cool. :)

tracyb555
03-12-2003, 04:58 PM
Naw - just getting a jump start on setting up a schedule for next week. I'll edit / fill it out as the week progresses.

Come to think of it, it would be kind of nice every once in awhile to have someone else plan out my week for me! ;)

TrishB
03-12-2003, 05:35 PM
Maybe we should all take turns planning the week for everyone else. We can all do the exact same thing and eat the same food.

As long as no one on keto gets a chance to plan the menu for any week, I would be happy. :)

tracyb555
03-13-2003, 10:19 AM
From the start of challenge II:

Weight: Down 5 lbs!
Bust: Down 1 1/2 inches :(
Waist (at navel): Down 1 1/2 inches
Hips: Down 2 1/2 inches
Bicep: Down 1/8 inch
Thigh: Down 1 inch
Calf: Down 1/8 inch

So far, so good!

Now I'm off to eat my healthy lunch, do some running around regarding house sale paperwork, etc. Can't wait until April when the house sale stuff is complete!

Hibiscus09
03-13-2003, 12:48 PM
Wow!! Congratulations -- great stats! :D

Hey will you get to Washington in time to see all the cherry blossoms? I bet that's beautiful!

TrishB
03-13-2003, 05:22 PM
Great results Tracy...and in just a short time!!!
Makes me want to work my butt of even harder to keep up.
You are going to be turning the heads in DC this summer!

tracyb555
03-13-2003, 05:30 PM
Thanks Hib & Trish!

We are going to DC over DD's spring break (3/29 - 4/6) - hopefully the cherry blossoms will be in bloom? DH says it is 60 degrees there now - sounds good to me!

Hibiscus09
03-14-2003, 05:39 AM
Hey, I posted this on my thread but here it is again. :) The trees bloom as early as March 15 & as late as April 18, depending on the weather. :) Sounds like you may be there at the right time. :D

tracyb555
03-14-2003, 07:31 AM
Hib - got your info in both threads - Thanks!

TwoWalks
03-14-2003, 08:23 AM
Tracy you have done a fantastic job too say the least. I know that many folks have posted about how you have done this inspite of the move, but I wonder if that has not been an advantage. With so many things keeping you busy, you have not had time too think too much about each day of change and just stuck too your game plan:)

way to go Tracy

tracyb555
03-14-2003, 08:26 AM
Thanks TwoWalks! Not sure if the move has made things easier or not, but the stress relief aspects of the exercise (both cardio & lifting) have definitely been good.

tracyb555
03-16-2003, 03:12 PM
It was a gorgeous day outside. 67 & sunny. Hubby out of town, dd went to a St. Patrick's Day parade downtown with friends. What's a lonely, bored gal to do? Well, I'll give you a clue: it got my heart rate up, sometimes going faster, sometimes going slower and I got real dirty......

Yep - went for a run ;) 11 miles run / 1 mile walked. What a gorgeous day. I was able to wear shorts and did my longest run so far this year. I don't officially start my marathon training until June, but just wanted to enjoy the day.

Hibiscus09
03-16-2003, 04:59 PM
Well, Tracy, if I had been with you running I could have made the first few with you!! LOL Sounds like a great run! :D

TrishB
03-16-2003, 06:37 PM
Same here....3 miles is my limit...even on a gorgeous day.
11 miles is fantastic!

Charger
03-16-2003, 08:27 PM
What's a lonely, bored gal to do? Well, I'll give you a clue: it got my heart rate up, sometimes going faster, sometimes going slower and I got real dirty......

Had me going there:D Weather was great here too, went for a bike ride with kids, the sun felt great. Good job on the 11 miles, wow!

edster951
03-17-2003, 12:41 AM
seems like you have the miles in you still.

I don't. Lost them after GVT squats of 10x10.

I struggle to do 5-6kms now. Seems pathetic after the 42km marathon last year. Dont know how I did it.

Keep it up.

tracyb555
03-17-2003, 09:26 AM
Thanks guys & gals! The hardest thing for me when the weather turns nice is to hold back. Last year at this time, I more than doubled my weekly mileage as soon as we got nice weather and ended up with an injury that put me out of commission for two weeks. Guess I learned my lesson with that one.

I submitted my application for the Marine Corps Marathon this fall. They do a lottery drawing of the applicants, because it is limited to 16,000 runners. I should know by 4/15 whether or not I get picked. If not, I'll pick another fall marathon around the same time frame.

Also planning a January marathon in Vegas. A "virtual friend" that I met on a weight loss board eons ago started running again after I did and will be doing it with me. Her hubby is in the military and they are getting stationed in Nevada in December.

TwoWalks
03-17-2003, 11:17 AM

Also planning a January marathon in Vegas.

Now here is a great excuse for a plan to develop. Over 35 clan gathering - Las Vegas Nevada, January 2004. And the side dish - watch Tracy run the marathon:)

tracyb555
03-17-2003, 11:48 AM
Now that would be fun - everyone mark your calendars for 1/25/2004!

http://www.lvmarathon.com/

Maybe I can persuade Edster to run with me too.... but the rest of you can't do any drinking/partying until after the marathon. And you will all probably cringe as I carbo-load the night before :)

TwoWalks
03-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Now that would be fun - everyone mark your calendars for 1/25/2004!

http://www.lvmarathon.com/

Maybe I can persuade Edster to run with me too.... but the rest of you can't do any drinking/partying until after the marathon. And you will all probably cringe as I carbo-load the night before :)

Points to ponder

1. January carb loading - most will be on mass gain any way so we won't notice.:)

2. Drinking and Partying: I am a designated driver type, I don't drink, so no problem here:)

3. Maybe there should be a thread started, just need a central gathering point such as "Meet at xxx hotel at xx time" "Am workout gathering at xxx gym on xx day" etc.

Think this could happen?

Hibiscus09
03-17-2003, 01:35 PM
I won't cringe Tracy -- I'll carbo load with you! :D Sounds like fun -- Las Vegas -- I'll have to see if the hubby will foot the bill. :D

TrishB
03-17-2003, 05:44 PM
1/24/04...ok ..sounds like fun.
I'll do the carb-up before and the partying after...but I am not running.
I'll make sure everyone behaves till you get done Tracy.

tracyb555
03-17-2003, 07:28 PM
Would be fun to meet everyone - especially in Vegas.

Trish, you are in charge of making everyone behave before the marathon! I know it's a bit task, but I think you have enough "muscle" to pull it off!

Just finished watching the President's speech regarding potential (inevitable IMHO) war with Iraq. It is definitely sobering. No matter what your views on the President's direction, we all need to be supportive of the troops.

Hibiscus09
03-17-2003, 07:32 PM
I definitely am & of our President. My niece is over there & she's the mother of a beautiful one year old boy. My prayers are with everyone over there & our leadership daily.

tracyb555
03-18-2003, 08:50 AM
Waiting around to hear from the movers right now. They are supposed to schedule a preliminary visit this week, with the actual move being next week.

Later, I will go for a run :) then try to get some paperwork in order :(

Hibiscus09
03-18-2003, 08:53 AM
Yikes! I don't miss moving -- not to worry, though -- it will all be over soon!! :D

TwoWalks
03-18-2003, 09:29 AM
Tracy when you go to Vegas for the marathon, will you be staying with your cyber friend or at a hotel?

I think holding a gathering of the Clan would be a really great thing if we can pull it off and I see no reason we can't. Nara and I will plan to be there. It will just be a matter of putting together a few times and gathering spots.

tracyb555
03-18-2003, 10:03 AM
TwoWalks -

Since I just recently talked to my cyber-friend about the January marathon, I haven't put too much planning into it yet. I'd likely stay at a hotel for the week-end of the marathon (it's on Sunday). If it all works out, I'd also want to plan a side trip to visit a friend in Reno.

Sounds like you & Nara might be great at planning/organizing a group gathering. I tried this once, but people who were originally interested in doing it ended up backing out due to money or time reasons. So if you want to take the lead on this one, feel free to start a new thread on it. Vegas would be a good location due to the generally cheap flights and the allure of "sin city"!

TrishB
03-18-2003, 06:24 PM
It would really be great to get a group together....and what a better reason than to see you run a marathon!

I will need a few drinks before I will get on a plane. But I could fly with Hib. I can count on her to keep my glass full at all time. :)

Hibiscus09
03-18-2003, 06:31 PM
I could use one right now if you know what I mean -- LOL! :D

Belle
03-18-2003, 06:49 PM
Well you could always go to a liquor store. Saves waiting, especially if you really need one. ;)

TwoWalks
03-18-2003, 08:51 PM
I could fly with Hib. I can count on her:)

Ok, the new thread is up, looking for suggestions and ideas for the gathering to help make it an event.:)

Hibiscus09
03-18-2003, 09:10 PM
originally posted by TrishB
I will need a few drinks before I will get on a plane. But I could fly with Hib. I can count on her to keep my glass full at all time.

Well, I'll be good for pre-flight & the first 20 or 30 minutes on the plane but I have to take Simply Sleep along with the wine I drink on a plane so I don't have a nervous breakdown! :D

tracyb555
03-18-2003, 10:12 PM
Trish & Hib - have a few drinks for me on the plane! If anyone is sticking around Sunday night (or afternoon even), I'll be happy to join in the festivities at that point. :D I think TwoWalks has volunteered somewhere to be the designated driver.

TwoWalks - my only suggestion is a Saturday night pasta dinner, which is the traditional marathon fare. Maybe we can order spaghetti & meatballs, and those of you who are watching your carbs can skip the spaghetti :)

tracyb555
03-18-2003, 10:54 PM
DD went with me to the gym tonight. I really try to encourage her, without nagging. Sometimes she feels like going, sometimes not. She does like the feeling she gets with a really good workout though. The only disadvantage is that she's not allowed in the free-weight area (I think the age limit is 16 or 18). So on these nights, I usually do some things in the machine area with her, then we split and I go into the free-weight area for awhile.

In the area I'm moving to, it seems like the closest gym with the best hours is a World Gym. From what I've seen on their website, it appears to be similar to the PowerHouse gym I used to belong to. Anyone here ever a member at World? The other option is a Fitness First, but they close at 8 on week-nights, and I'm kind of a night owl. They may also have a YMCA, but I'm not sure. Guess I will check things out when I'm visiting.

Belle
03-18-2003, 11:52 PM
My 14 yo daughter wants to join the gym where I go and just do the fitness (aerobics ) classes. It's nice when they like what your doing and want to join but you have to pay for 3 months in advance and I was kind of wondering if she would lose interest and flunk half of the classes after the novelty wears off. I may just send her along to a few casual classes and see how she goes first.

Hibiscus09
03-19-2003, 05:30 AM
That will be at the end of "bulking" season (i.e., Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year's) so I'll have to start watching carbs after the trip. :D

tracyb555
03-19-2003, 04:02 PM
I had been planning to go out to this trail I heard about and finally had the chance today. Someone had emailed me the info, along with a map of an 8.7 mile route that was really hilly. When I headed out this morning, it looked a little drizzly, but nothing I figured I couldn't handle. But all the warning signs were there that this trip was going to be a disaster:

1) The map route looked too simply easy to follow.
2) The weather sucked
3) I am notorious for being directionally challenged.

So I get out to the location around 9:30. I find a spot to park, bring a water bottle, my map of the trail, and my cell phone. I start running the trail, and it is definitely as hilly as promised. I'm feeling "Wow - this is going to be a good workout".

It drizzles a bit, but not too bad. The path is really muddy - not the limestone gravel type I usually run, but I think "This is kind of fun".

Ok, so I am following the map, along with the descriptions of upcoming hills, etc. Then, I make my first wrong turn. The problem with the map I have is that it ONLY shows the 8.7 mile path. It neglects to mention that there are lots of other alternate paths and none of them are marked! OK, so I realize my mistake, go back to where I took the wrong turn thinking "No problem - I probably just added about .25 miles to my run - no big deal" and continue.

So far, the path matches the description, so I'm thinking I'm doing fine. But then I read about an upcoming "tobogan hill" and don't seem to find it. UH OH... so then I take a path that goes up to a really small private drive and then ENDS! So - no maps in site telling me where I am, I take the road in a direction. Not the first or the last of my many wrong turns today.

I keep running, looking for larger paths, hoping they will lead me somewhere that is in the description of the path that I have, but no such luck. Rain starts to come down heavier now - I'm feeling cold, miserable & lost. I end up on a really small path (obviously off of any main track) as the rains come down.

After 1 hour 50 minutes of running, I figure I don't know where I am or how far I am from my car, so I conserve some energy by walking. So I walk for a long time - taking many wrong turns I'm sure! Finally, I find a street intersection with recognizable names. I get on my cell phone, call one of my friends, tell him where I am and where my car is parked and he gives me directions for getting there. This time, I wisely stay on the roads instead of the paths. I run for a little bit more, by this time, just anxious to get to my car.

Total time out on my run/hike today: 4 1/2 hours!
Total running time: 2 hrs 15 minutes

Much more exercise than I had planned on doing today. When I got home, I took a shower then sat in my jacuzzi tub. I'm having a pizza and beer night later. I NEED pampering!!!!

Oh - here is a description of the trail system from teh Cook County Forest Preserve web-site. I could have been lost forever - I was in the Chicago Southland region.

Families can also explore other areas in the preserve, including 200 miles of equestrian trails, 85 miles of paved bike trails, an aquatic center, 10 golf courses, and picnic areas spanning 67,000 acres around the city.

This region the Chicago Southland contains the most forested land in the metropolitan area, mostly concentrated in the Palos, Moraine, Orland Park, Lansing, Glenwood, and Steger areas. The preserve's 35 lakes are prime spots for fishing, canoeing and non-motorized boating. If you don't have your own craft, visit Maple Lake and Tampier Slough both offer canoe and rowboat rentals.

Hibiscus09
03-19-2003, 04:08 PM
originally posted by Tracyb555
Total time out on my run/hike today: 4 1/2 hours!
Total running time: 2 hrs 15 minutes

Oh my God!!! :D I never did cardio today -- I was at the doctor with Brian, Jr. for 2 1/2 hours getting his physical for summer camp. I see you did it for me & then some!!! That would have required an ambulance had it been me!

tracyb555
03-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Hib - I don't think I'll be going back there anytime soon - even if the hills are awesome. Maybe the treadmill doesn't seem so bad after this. ARGH - when is my pizza going to get here :(

TrishB
03-19-2003, 04:37 PM
Tracy.....my word girl! You are doing us proud here. :)

tracyb555
03-19-2003, 04:42 PM
Tracy.....my word girl! You are doing us proud here. :)

You are giving me too much credit for getting lost :D

TrishB
03-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Honey....you had a cell phone with you...and you kept running.
That deserves some praise. :)
I would have called the boyscouts to come find me....and made them carry me out.

Hibiscus09
03-19-2003, 05:00 PM
I would have sat down on the ground crying. LOL Actually, I'd have probably been calling Brian saying come find me now!

tracyb555
03-19-2003, 05:13 PM
I don't think anyone could have found me. And it was too cold to sit in one place on the ground. So as I see it, going on was my only option!

tracyb555
03-20-2003, 07:57 AM
Good morning!

The moving estimators are coming at 11:00 today (yeah!). Hubby is driving home on Friday, picking up a few things that we plan to keep in the apartment, then driving back. The actual move will be sometime next week with the new family moving into our house on March 28th. We will spend that week in VA, then DD & I will return to stay at an extended stay hotel until she finishes the school year.

Given the moves & stuff, I will probably be out of e-contact from the middle of next week until April 7th. I should be able to keep up with my workouts though and hope everyone doing challenges continues doing well. You guys really inspire me - I like being around all you highly motivated people!

Hibiscus09
03-20-2003, 07:59 AM
Good luck with your move!!! How long will you be in extended stay -- about 9 weeks? I know you'll love Washington -- :D!

tracyb555
03-20-2003, 08:08 AM
We'll be there from April 6th - June 8th. I'm really looking forward to the move being complete and just relaxing in DC. I'll be scouting out gyms, checking out the local trails and just doing fun stuff most of the week. Woo Hoo!

TwoWalks
03-20-2003, 08:11 AM
Tracy glad all the plans are finally coming to an end. Will miss you, but gives me a reason to look forward to April - besides the rains ending:)

Can't wait when you return to see your ending challenge pictures.:D

tracyb555
03-20-2003, 09:01 AM
OK, I know I started my challenge mid-week, but tracking my weekly exercise from the middle of the week is driving me nuts. I like to think of my week as starting on Monday, ending Sunday, specifically as it pertains to tracking mileage or making sure I cover all the body parts within the week for strength training. I'll still make my official weights & measures on Wednesday, but here goes....

Mon - 10 minute warmup on stairmaster, back/biceps/abs

Tues - 10 minute warmup on elliptical, legs/abs

Wed - 4 1/2 hours run/hike (total 2:15 run, 2:15 walk), hilly

Thurs - Chest/shoulders/triceps

Fri - 30 minutes elliptical, level 9, cross-train aerobic program, abs/lower back

Sat - Rest Day

Sun - 8k race scheduled

Hibiscus09
03-20-2003, 09:22 AM
I'm heading to the gym & planning on getting on the Stair Monster for a change of pace! ;)

TrishB
03-20-2003, 10:07 AM
Tracy....We are going to miss hearing from you!

I know I was in withdrawal without a computer for 2 weeks in NC. I think part of the reason I did so well physically there though was because instead of sitting here typing, I was out running my butt off. I can get so into this site, that I lose track of time.

Good luck with the move! Hope it all goes smoothly and looking forward to having you join us on the East Coast. :)

Just be careful in DC.

TrishB
03-20-2003, 10:10 AM
I'm heading to the gym & planning on getting on the Stair Monster for a change of pace! ;)

Is that the escalator thing? I am trying to do that once a week at least. I love it. Great butt tightener. :)

tracyb555
03-20-2003, 11:48 AM

Enjoy! I tried it after you last brought it up and it definitely is a butt-kicking workout!

tracyb555
03-20-2003, 11:51 AM
TwoWalks & Trish - thanks for the good wishes.

The moving guy came this morning and boy, now the reality of the move is really hitting me! They will be packing our stuff on Mon & Tues, loading on Wed & Thurs. Friday, I'll be heading to DC.

Hibiscus09
03-20-2003, 11:54 AM
I was just on the regular stairmaster not the stepmill -- I was doing cardio after legs & didn't even consider the stepmill -- Lol.

tracyb555
03-21-2003, 10:26 AM
Hubby coming home tonight !!! Guess I will get in another session (or more) of cardio tonight, but don't expect me to report back on it ;)

Going to lunch with a neighbor in a little bit and still need to make some phone calls regarding the move. Hope everyone is doing well with their challenges!

TwoWalks
03-21-2003, 11:25 AM
Hubby coming home tonight !!! Guess I will get in another session (or more) of cardio tonight, but don't expect me to report back on it ;)

Going to lunch with a neighbor in a little bit and still need to make some phone calls regarding the move. Hope everyone is doing well with their challenges!

Tracy do a good carb up at lunch :D

Hibiscus09
03-21-2003, 01:58 PM
but don't expect me to report back on it :)

We EXPECT an EXACT calorie count on how much energy was expended! LOL

Belle
03-21-2003, 03:25 PM
Well I must have burned atleast 500 calories last night before I even started just diving off the wardrobe... anyone's guess what the final toll was.

tracyb555
03-21-2003, 04:51 PM
Trish - Not enough carbs at lunch, guess I'd better start cooking up the pasta now!

Hib - Exact calorie expenditure? I'll be waiting for him, wearing nothing but some sexy lingerie and a heart rate monitor. Anyone have a spare I can borrow, preferably one that matches black lace?

Belle - Diving off the wardrobe? I prefer just swinging from the chandelier! But I'm willing to give it a shot :)

Belle
03-21-2003, 05:12 PM
Belle - Diving off the wardrobe? I prefer just swinging from the chandelier! But I'm willing to give it a shot :)

LOL! The chandaliers are more expensive to replace. Haven't you packed those away yet? LMAO!!!

And for more "cunning stunts" stay tuned...LOL better not get tongue tied or rather finger tied on that one.. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Belle
03-21-2003, 05:28 PM
My bad er what...I just had to edit there...

Hibiscus09
03-21-2003, 06:35 PM
I guess you did! -- LOL

tracyb555
03-21-2003, 07:05 PM
Uh oh... Watch out, the board monitors have been known to punish bad girls over 35. Of course, if you enjoy that sort of thing, keep it up (ahem)

Hibiscus09
03-21-2003, 08:45 PM
*sitting here desperately trying to think of something REALLY bad to say* LOL That's a lie -- a lot of things came to mind. :D

tracyb555
03-23-2003, 03:20 PM
What a beautiful day for a race. 60's & sunny! I beat my last year's time by about 1 1/2 minutes.

Chip Time: 42:37
Division Place (females 35-39): 148/962 or top 15.4%
Overall Females Place: 1103/7641 or top 14.4%
Overall Race Place: 4555/15474 or top 29%

Nice diversion, but now I have to get back to the business of getting things ready before the movers come tomorrow.

Tracy

Hibiscus09
03-23-2003, 04:49 PM
Great run, Tracy!! It took me 63 minutes to run the Cooper River Bridge 10K (which involved a double hilled 2 mile bridge) and I couldn't have gone a step faster! LOL

I saw something on the news today about the beginning of the Cherry Blossom Festival & it made me think of you -- it didn't appear that they were blooming yet. :D

Belle
03-23-2003, 05:02 PM
What a beautiful day for a race. 60's & sunny! I beat my last year's time by about 1 1/2 minutes.

Chip Time: 42:37
Division Place (females 35-39): 148/962 or top 15.4%
Overall Females Place: 1103/7641 or top 14.4%
Overall Race Place: 4555/15474 or top 29%

Nice diversion, but now I have to get back to the business of getting things ready before the movers come tomorrow.

Tracy

Well done Tracy. Hope everything goes ok with your moving too and Good Luck in your new home. When I moved, the first thing I unpacked was the PC. LOL!

tracyb555
03-23-2003, 07:02 PM
Thanks ladies! The move & my PMS are making me kind of irritable this evening, but your kind words helped to cheer me up a bit.

Hib - Not sure if I'll see cherry blossoms, but I sure as heck will be glad to have my stuff packed and nothing else to do for awhile except work out!

Belle - I'll definitely be bringing my PC to the extended stay hotel, so I'll likely catch up with ya'll after 4/6. I may have the chance to drop by when I'm in DC, so you might hear from me sooner.

TrishB
03-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Super run Tracy! :)
Are you planning of driving to DC?

tracyb555
03-23-2003, 07:05 PM
Trish - we are flying this coming Friday, but will be driving when we come out permanently (6/8).

TwoWalks
03-23-2003, 08:22 PM
Good show Tracy, those of us that can't run do enjoy watching those that can:)

tracyb555
03-23-2003, 08:26 PM
TwoWalks -

Hubby came along to cheer me on. When we came back home, watching the run made him tired, so he took a nap on the couch!

TwoWalks
03-23-2003, 08:49 PM
TwoWalks -

Hubby came along to cheer me on. When we came back home, watching the run made him tired, so he took a nap on the couch!

Now are you sure that watching the race made him tired:D

tracyb555
03-23-2003, 08:52 PM
Ok, maybe the all of the chandelier swinging & wardrobe diving had something to do with it ;)

tracyb555
04-08-2003, 12:11 PM
OK, don't know which info I've already mentioned, but will report the stuff I did while out of town:

3/30 - 11 mile run on trail (cold & snowy, but fun!)
3/31 - 10 min warmup on stairmaster, chest, shoulders, tris, abs
4/1 - 6.5 mile run on trails, took hillier routes
4/2 - 10 min warmup on elliptical, back, biceps, abs
4/3 - 20 mile bike-ride on trails
4/4 10 min warmup on elliptical, legs & abs (more exercises than normal)
4/5 - rest
4/6 - rest

tracyb555
04-08-2003, 12:13 PM
4/7 - sick :(
4/8 - 10 min warmup on escalator thingy, back/bis/abs
4/9 - 9.5 mile trail run
4/10 - 10 min warmup walk on indoor track, legs/abs
4/11 - 10 min warmup on elliptical, chest/shoulders/tris
4/12 - 6 mile run, 1/2 mile outdoor, paved track
4/13 - semi-rest day, 1 mile walk

Hibiscus09
04-08-2003, 12:25 PM
4/7 - sick :(

That's because of that week before!!! LOL -- Just kidding! You're in such great shape! :)

TrishB
04-08-2003, 12:40 PM
Wow Tracy...I am impressed. With everything going on, you really kept up the pace. Great job.

Are you in Chicago now until June?

tracyb555
04-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Thanks ladies!

Trish, I'm now in Chicago through June, but may take some additional week-end trips for conjugal visits!

Diane - I was thinking the same thing (sick due to increased workouts), but I'm not sure. Like my chest/shoulder/tri workout seemed to take longer than normal for recovery even though I didn't increase amount of sets or weights. Or it could just be due to the freaky weather.

Hibiscus09
04-08-2003, 01:15 PM
Probably just a combination of lots of stuff. You are moving you know? LOL All that travel, getting everything packed & together, etc. is a lot of stress even if you don't feel like it's stressing you a lot. Plus moving into extended stay, etc. I'm impressed you kept up with your workouts!

TwoWalks
04-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Thanks ladies!

Trish, I'm now in Chicago through June, but may take some additional week-end trips for conjugal visits!

Diane - I was thinking the same thing (sick due to increased workouts), but I'm not sure. Like my chest/shoulder/tri workout seemed to take longer than normal for recovery even though I didn't increase amount of sets or weights. Or it could just be due to the freaky weather.

Tracy: when you look at the total of the moving and everything, then add too that the huge amount of running and cycling the week prior, you probably really ran down your natural stores especially Glutamine that wards off illness and aids in recovery time.

All in all, I have to say you are doing fantastic and sticking with your program along with all the other things.

tracyb555
04-09-2003, 04:57 PM
Thanks all! I'm feeling much better today, just a little stuffed up and frequent sneezing. Off to pick up DD. Catch up with everyone tomorrow.

tracyb555
04-10-2003, 11:44 AM
Had a great leg workout today and will likely get out today for a leisurely walk. It is sunny and getting warmer out.

TwoWalks
04-10-2003, 11:55 AM
It is sunny and getting warmer out.

Sounds like very soon spring will come to Chi Town so that leads me to my question of the day:

When do we get to see the pics of the new bikini?

TrishB
04-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Tracy got a new bikini?? Tracy we need pics!!!
I shame the guys into posting them...but somehow I think you will ignore me. :D

TwoWalks
04-10-2003, 04:27 PM
Tracy got a new bikini?? Tracy we need pics!!!
I shame the guys into posting them...but somehow I think you will ignore me. :D

Yeh, remember she was going to wear it in Vegas, but went to DC instead :D Now come on Tracy

TwoWalks
04-10-2003, 04:29 PM
I shame the guys into posting them

Trish, speaking of that topic ... How long till your new pics come out :D

TrishB
04-10-2003, 05:24 PM
Trish, speaking of that topic ... How long till your new pics come out :D

Hey....Tracy needs to post before me!
You can't shame me TW...I have no shame. :D

TwoWalks
04-10-2003, 05:47 PM
Hey....Tracy needs to post before me!
You can't shame me TW...I have no shame. :D

Ok Trish - Tracy hurry up and post your answer so Trish can get some shame :D

TrishB
04-10-2003, 06:11 PM
I was thinking of Tracy running the maraton when I was running on the treadmill this morning.
I went one mile in 8 mins and said....hey i could do 25 more...no sweat.
Then I went the 2nd mile, that took another 10, but I was still pumped....24 more miles would still be a piece of cake.
Then I did the 3rd mile in about 13 mins ....and I damn near died.

Hibiscus09
04-10-2003, 06:19 PM
I'm impressed with that 8 minute mile. It takes me between 10 to 11 minutes EVERY mile. LOL

TrishB
04-10-2003, 06:23 PM
HIb....It will still be me and you, sipping our magaritas, relaxing on our lounge chairs, while we wait for Tracy to come running past the finish line. :)

Hibiscus09
04-10-2003, 06:25 PM
That's for sure!! :D When I did the Cooper River Bridge Run (6.2 miles over a very hilly 2 mile bridge) I ran it in exactly a 10 minute mile pace. There are so many people out there that run much faster than that -- I just can't make my legs go any faster. LOL I tried once to develop a faster pace & everytime I went over 6 mph, I ended up with ankle injuries. I was always doing the R.I.C.E. thing -- got tired of all of that!

TrishB
04-10-2003, 06:29 PM
OK...no marathons for us. We will live vicariously through Tracy.
And drink to her success.....lol.

Belle
04-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Ok, maybe the all of the chandelier swinging & wardrobe diving had something to do with it ;)

Just watch yer knees girl... hehehehe...

mainer001
04-10-2003, 07:57 PM
Ok, maybe the all of the chandelier swinging & wardrobe diving had something to do with it

Do we ever talk about exercise and bodybuilding anymore??? :D

Way to go with the runs Tracyb.

tracyb555
04-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by mainer001
Ok, maybe the all of the chandelier swinging & wardrobe diving had something to do with it

Do we ever talk about exercise and bodybuilding anymore??? :D

Way to go with the runs Tracyb.

I count this as cardio! LOL!!

Sorry about no pics, but hubby has the digital camera in Virginia. I think I'll wait until the end of the challenge.

mainer001
04-11-2003, 08:15 AM
Definitely would be a workout. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

Hibiscus09
04-11-2003, 09:12 AM
[i]originally posted by tracyb555[/b]

Now there's a form of cardio I'm sure even the anti-cardios love. :D

TwoWalks
04-11-2003, 10:17 AM
[i]originally posted by tracyb555

Now there's a form of cardio I'm sure even the anti-cardios love. :D [/B]

Believe me My Lady ... its the only form of cardio we love :D

Tracy ... so how much more time till the end of this challenge? :D

mainer001
04-11-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Twowalks

I must concur with TwoWalks. I'd do that form of cardio everyday. :D

tracyb555
04-11-2003, 05:56 PM
OK...no marathons for us. We will live vicariously through Tracy.
And drink to her success.....lol.

Hey, hey! I thought the deal was NO DRINKING UNTIL TRACY CAN JOIN IN! Trish, you are about to lose your job as the alcohol guardian.

Hibiscus09
04-11-2003, 05:57 PM
originally posed by tracyb555
I thought the deal was NO DRINKING UNTIL TRACY CAN JOIN IN!

WHO SAID THAT????!!!! sure wasn't me. :D

tracyb555
04-11-2003, 06:00 PM
... so how much more time till the end of this challenge? :D

May 9th - yikes, that's not far away!

tracyb555
04-11-2003, 06:01 PM
originally posed by tracyb555
I thought the deal was NO DRINKING UNTIL TRACY CAN JOIN IN!

WHO SAID THAT????!!!! sure wasn't me. :D

Guess you didn't read the fine print at the bottom of the "Skinfest 2004 contract". It was right under the paragraph stating that all guys must wear skimpy thongs. Guess you didn't read anything after that :D

tracyb555
04-11-2003, 06:03 PM

OK ladies, if any of the guys suggest we do some cardio in Vegas, I don't think they will be referring to an aerobics class!

Hibiscus09
04-11-2003, 06:05 PM
originally posted by tracyb555
Guess you didn't read anything after that :D

That's a distinct possibility!!!! :D

TrishB
04-11-2003, 07:29 PM
OK ladies, if any of the guys suggest we do some cardio in Vegas, I don't think they will be referring to an aerobics class!

OK ...I'll be ready. :)

mainer001
04-11-2003, 09:04 PM
I do not know about any of the other guys on this board but my intention for cardio is as pure as new falling snow. :D

Of course Maine is also called the nations tailpipe for all of the pollutants that follow the jetstream up the coast. Hey I wonder what is in our snow??? ;)

Hibiscus09
04-11-2003, 09:06 PM
I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Bar Harbor! :)

mainer001
04-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Hib,

I'm the Maine DOT traffic engineer for that area and it is very nice this time of year. In a couple of weeks things will start to green up and it will be beautiful. Also now there are only locals around so it is not crowded. I hate to go onto the Island in the summer because you just cannot get around to get work done..

If you ever decide to come up let me know and I would be happy to show you around.

Hibiscus09
04-12-2003, 06:16 AM
Thanks Mainer, I will! I know what you mean about the tourists -- I enjoy going places more in the off season! :D

tracyb555
04-14-2003, 09:58 AM
4/14 - 10 minute warmup/elliptical
- back/bis/abs
- 3 mile run (paved track)
4/15 - 6 mile run/3.5 mile walk (trail)
4/16 - 10 minute warmup - escalator thingy
- chest/shoulders/tris
4/17 -
4/18 -
4/19 -
4/20 -

tracyb555
04-14-2003, 10:00 AM
Omigosh, it is supposed to be in the 80's today! I'm definitely getting outside to get some sun on this pale body of mine! Did a back/bi/abs workout this morning, followed by a 3 mile run.

MagicMel
04-14-2003, 10:30 AM
I was wondering where our So. Cal. weather went! It's raining and in the low 60's today.:(
And to think just a couple of weeks ago we had our air cond on when it reached 90.

mainer001
04-14-2003, 11:37 AM
Well here in Maine it is finally in the high 60's today with no wind. And to think 3 weeks ago it was around zero. It must be a sign that summer is coming. Can't wait to get a tan.

TrishB
04-14-2003, 04:08 PM
Mainer....how did you guys up there get warmer weather than us??
I am still freezing here. Well..it is 50, but it feels like freezing.

Tracy....you are doing soooo good. Still waiting for pics. :D

mainer001
04-15-2003, 07:59 AM
Trish,

I don't know but it does feel good. Today was supposed to be 70 but with the clouds I don't think we will see it. Then it will be back to 40's for a couple of days. I guess summer isn't quite here yet.

TwoWalks
04-15-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by MagicMel
I was wondering where our So. Cal. weather went! It's raining and in the low 60's today.:(
And to think just a couple of weeks ago we had our air cond on when it reached 90.

Hear ya Bro, two weeks ago we were 84 this weekend there was four feet of new snow about 2000 ft above me. Got 3" of rain, but today it is sunny and might reach 60. Next week will probably be back to the 80's. In about a month I will be sitting outside with sweat running in my eyes wondering why it can't rain, at least just a little. :D

MagicMel
04-15-2003, 09:55 AM
Yeah, TwoWalks, what a difference a day makes.

While "nursing" my 1 month old (yes Justin is already 1 month old)at 2am this morning, I remember hearing the rain coming down in sheets. When I left for work at 6am, there was not a cloud in the sky. But it sure was a "cold" 48 degrees.

tracyb555
04-15-2003, 12:37 PM
Another beautiful day today, in the 80's! I ran my usual trail, but was feeling a bit de-hydrated and lacking energy, so I didn't run as far as planned. Since it is a loop, I still ended up walking the rest of it, so I am pretty happy.

Tomorrow, my best friend from HS is playing hooky from work and we are going to hang out! I am really going to miss her when we move. After many years, having different kinds of life events, we are still close like sisters and have always been there for one another. :( I hope it is nice out for our girl's day outing.

TwoWalks
04-15-2003, 01:45 PM
Another beautiful day today, in the 80's! I ran my usual trail, but was feeling a bit de-hydrated and lacking energy, so I didn't run as far as planned. Since it is a loop, I still ended up walking the rest of it, so I am pretty happy.

Tomorrow, my best friend from HS is playing hooky from work and we are going to hang out! I am really going to miss her when we move. After many years, having different kinds of life events, we are still close like sisters and have always been there for one another. :( I hope it is nice out for our girl's day outing.

Heard on the weather channel that snow is predicted for Chicago tomorrow.

Just kidding, hope it is beautiful for the Ladies day. :D

TrishB
04-15-2003, 05:50 PM
Tracy...I know how hard it is to leave loved ones behind. So really enjoy the day tomorrow with your friend.
Even if it does snow. ;)