PDA

View Full Version : Sardines for dinner?

h@rdc0re
12-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Sometimes I dont like cooking chicken breast cause im always so tired. Would it be ok to have a can of sardines instead on some days. Theres 20g of protein in one can. Sounds like a good replacement and I prefer them over the chicken breast.

livinonlava
12-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Not the best choice. Sodium content is off the charts. Leaner protein choices are available to replace the monotony of chicken.

h@rdc0re
12-03-2006, 07:45 PM
I dont worry bout sodium lol, So besides that its fine?

lbarber4
12-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Sardines, eww! lol, jk... But seriously, ewwwwwww... haha, for some reason I think of tom hanks in the Burbs eating those and well, if you've seen the movie, you know what I'm talking about.

I think it would be fine if you're not really worried about the sodium content, but then again, I'm never had sardines before, nor looked them up until now. I'll wait for others to chime in.

livinonlava
12-03-2006, 08:18 PM
I dont worry bout sodium lol, So besides that its fine?

All things are "fine" in balance. Heck, the occasional piece of cake is "fine". There are, however, better choices if you're looking for variety. If you enjoy the sardines, then CHOMP away :) But, I would moderate the sodium because at very high levels you will retain water like a son-of-a-gun -- and none of us like to look soft. Remember, all things are good in moderation and balance.

h@rdc0re
12-03-2006, 08:21 PM
All things are "fine" in balance. Heck, the occasional piece of cake is "fine". There are, however, better choices if you're looking for variety. If you enjoy the sardines, then CHOMP away :) But, I would moderate the sodium because at very high levels you will retain water like a son-of-a-gun -- and none of us like to look soft. Remember, all things are good in moderation and balance.

Thanks :) To both of yous guys:) And I drink so much water to prevent water rentension and I only have them 2x a week. :) Thanks again!:)

Crunchbar
12-03-2006, 08:35 PM
hehe how are you hardcore? just saying high, and sardines are amazing for you do a search on this forum cuss i remember a few threads a while ago talking about them. DEFINANTLY A SUPEIR protein/fat source!!

get the non sodium kind if u CAN cuss they do have a lot of sodium. Otherwise maybe rinse it. If your not having too much then the lil extra sodium wont hurt you unless u got blood pressure problems :)

hope that helped