PDA

View Full Version : Cooking lesson

janderstein
02-12-2003, 03:55 PM
I was wondering if anyone cooks there egg whites in the microwave, and if so, how long would you suggest heating the eggs? I ususally eat about 8 egg whites and 1 whole egg, but I am tied of waiting for the pan to cook them. any help much appreciated. Also do you add water?

Roxie
02-12-2003, 04:02 PM
I tried cooking them in the micro and didn't like it. I used 4 egg whites for about 1:30. You have to cover them with saran wrap or something because they expand and kind of balloon up. They didn't taste as good as when you cook them on a stove IMO.

Timbo
02-12-2003, 08:50 PM
J-Dog, check this out. I used to mix in an egg white with my oats, and, bro, the thing exploded in the mike I don't know how many times! So I don't do that anymore. I'm sure if you search the 'Net, there's some good explanations of cooking whites in the mike. There are also little plastic containers for microwaving eggs that you can usually pick up at the grocery store.

janderstein
02-12-2003, 08:57 PM
thanks bro, yeah when I cook my oats in the mike in the morning, I seem to catch them right before they are going to flow over the sides, man do my eyes light up when I look at that huge bowl of oats that I am getting ready to devour