PDA

View Full Version : ***Please Critique My Fat Loss Diet

Ley8986
12-01-2006, 05:10 PM
I've just decided to work on cutting some body fat and I would like a few people to critique my diet. I am a 6'2 205lb male, with app. 16% bodyfat. I am currently using a carb cycle and have just completed my first week. My cycle consists of three low carb days in a row and then one high carb day, and continues to repeat. Here is a sample low day for my diet including supplements:

Breakfast(7:15am) - 7 egg whites (28g protein)
- 3/4 cup quick oats (41g carbs)
- Multivitamin

9:15am - 1 chicken breast (30g protein)
- 1/2 cup oats (27gh carbs)

11:00am - 1 can tuna (32g protein)
- 3/4 cup oats (41g carbs)

2:15pm - 1 chicken breast (35g protein)
- 1 cup oats (54g carbs)

Pre-workout: 2g creatine ethyl ester
Post-workout: 2 scoops ON whey protein (48g protein)

6:00pm - 1/2 cup oats+ (30g carbs)
- 1 can tuna (32g protein)

Before Bed - 6 egg whites (24g protein)
- 2 fish oil capsules

Daily Intake on Low Carb Day : 200g carbs, 1 x LB of bodyweight protein
**No Carbs after 6 on low carb day
**cardio is done in the morning on an empty stomach
**Vegetables are to be used at night in order to rid of hunger on low days

My high carb day is very similar in foods to my low carb day except whole wheat pasta is added in order to give me some quick good carbs. My high carb day is generally around 400g carbs, and .8 x LB of bodyweight protein.

In a few weeks, I will be adding an ECA stack to this fat burning diet, but I wanted to get used to the change in nutrition before I supplement it. The stack would be taken twice a day @ 25mg Ephedrine, 200mg caffeine and 81mg baby aspirin.

-Thanks a lot to whomever may critique

boyscouT
12-01-2006, 07:50 PM
I recommend at least 1.5g x BW of protein EVERYDAY.
And you should be getting at least 20% of your cals from healthy fats.
Eat whole eggs!
Bedtime meal should be casein protein + healthy fat... egg whites are no good here.
Don't neglect fruits.

Ley8986
12-01-2006, 08:22 PM
The point of a fat loss diet is a caloric deficit right. If that is the case.. why 1.5 x Bodyweight protein. In other terms, can that much protein even be readily used by the body? And as far as egg whites before bed... egg protein is milk protein, milk protein is casein right? I don't think whole eggs are very vital on a fat loss diet. Plenty of good fats in oatmeal and chicken aren't there? Plus I am taking my fish oil capsule before bed, fats in the stomach while you are sleeping is good news!

PS - If it seems like I am trying to under mind you that is not the case. I am just trying to create good conversation and maybe either learn a few new things or change some things I thought I knew.

-Thanks for the reply bro

boyscouT
12-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Yes your body can use that much protein. Even for non-lifters, I recommend AT LEAST 1g of protein x BW.

Egg protein is not milk protein... egg protein is egg protein. Milk contains whey and casein.

There are trace amounts of fat in oats and chicken, not nearly enough.

There are many reasons why eating plenty of fat is healthy for you.
http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/derek1.htm
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=936089

Eat whole eggs... they are extremely healthy for you. All the fat soluble vitamins and a hearty portion of healthy fat.

Ley8986
12-02-2006, 06:40 AM
Okay. Thanks bro, apparently I misresearched about the eggs. I do use 1g x LB of bodyweight protein but on my high days when my carbs are up to 400g in order to increase leptin activity and speed up my metabolism, I drop my protein down to .8 x bodyweight in order to ensure that I am still in a caloric deficit.