PDA

View Full Version : Time to get big...

smackt
11-30-2006, 10:33 AM
I've been stuck at 165 pounds for like 6 months now..Im always eating right, trainijng ahrd, i dont know whats going on, perhaps its difficult pay full attention in college..(I rarely ever have alchohol, don't smoke, etc)- Here's my meal plan for the spring. I have no idea about counting calories, carbs, etc.. I do know I need about 1-15 grams protein per body weight, etc. and should be eating 5-6 meals a day to keep metabolism active.

12% BF

SUPPS
ON WHEY
E BOL
XTEND
SIZE ON

730 AM- Oatmeal (how many cups?), whey protein shake (25 grams)

11:00 AM- MRP (berries, skim milk, peanut butter, protein powder)

1:30 PM- Lunch- Turkey Sub whole wheat bread, oil vinegar, lettece

3:00 ?????? (I usually hit the gym at 3:30, what do I do here?)

5:00- PWO shake, usually just whey and skim milk

6:30 Dinner- whatever's at the buffet that's healthy- stir fry with borccoli, turkey, whole wheat bread rolls, water

9:30- Same MRP from 11:00 AM..Maybe switch berries with grinded up 3/4 oats from coffee grinder

BEDTIME- ANYWHERE FROM 11:30-12:30..Should I bother with a tuna sandwich, or something like casein protein..or just stop eating at 9:30?

Questions
How many carbs in a 6 inch sub roll..Does it even matter, should I even count??
Is this eating too much?

i took a lot of time writing this and organizng..Hope you guys can help me out. Appreciate it, thanks....

bode
11-30-2006, 10:39 AM
At 20 years old your metabolisms fast. Try upping your calorie intake. Eat more meat. Maybe try a weight gainer. Most of them can account for an extra 800-1000 calories a day with low fat.

StandTall
11-30-2006, 10:47 AM
730 AM- Oatmeal (how many cups?), whey protein shake (25 grams)

11:00 AM- MRP (berries, skim milk, peanut butter, protein powder)

1:30 PM- Lunch- Turkey Sub whole wheat bread, oil vinegar, lettece

3:00 ?????? (I usually hit the gym at 3:30, what do I do here?)

5:00- PWO shake, usually just whey and skim milk

6:30 Dinner- whatever's at the buffet that's healthy- stir fry with borccoli, turkey, whole wheat bread rolls, water

9:30- Same MRP from 11:00 AM..Maybe switch berries with grinded up 3/4 oats from coffee grinder

BEDTIME- ANYWHERE FROM 11:30-12:30..Should I bother with a tuna sandwich, or something like casein protein..or just stop eating at 9:30?

Questions
How many carbs in a 6 inch sub roll..Does it even matter, should I even count??
Is this eating too much?

Take in a cup of oats and add some fruit to your breakfast

Make your own lunch over buying subway its just the same without the additives and crap they add to their bread and chicken

Pre workout take in some oats or fruit and a protein source

If you arnt gaining i would chuck in 250g of cottage cheese before bed. Even though u take in an MRP with carbs at 930 if your not gaining you need more cals. Also if you stop eating at 930 its a 10 hour gap between meals which is not ideal even though sleep takes up most of it.

Amoral
11-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Make sure you are getting enough carbs, too many doods focus on protein when they should be focusing on carbs whether its a bulk or cut.

Assuming you are natural

Shoot for 1 gram of protein per lb. 165grams of protein

Shoot for 3 grams of carb per lb. 500g

And about 70 grams of fat.

You should be set with that and as your weight increases slowly increase you calories.

Using this scale should dictate the foods you eat.

Eric75
11-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Make sure you are getting enough carbs, too many doods focus on protein when they should be focusing on carbs whether its a bulk or cut.

Assuming you are natural

Shoot for 1 gram of protein per lb. 165grams of protein

Shoot for 3 grams of carb per lb. 500g

And about 70 grams of fat.

You should be set with that and as your weight increases slowly increase you calories.

Using this scale should dictate the foods you eat.

I think 500g on the Carbs is a tad excessive for a 165 pounder...

boyscouT
11-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Is this eating too much?

You haven't gained a pound for the last 6 months and you're asking us this?

Dude, the answer is simple. You need to eat more, period.

At least 1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight.
At least 20% of your calories should come from healthy fats.
Carbs are up to you, I recommend keeping starchy carbs @ breakfast, PreWorkout, and Post-Post Workout.
I recommend P+C+F in every meal except preWO (P+C), immediate post workout (P+C), and bedtime (P+F).
Drink at least 1 gallon of pure water a day.

smackt
11-30-2006, 07:31 PM
[QUOTE=boyscouT;12891281]You haven't gained a pound for the last 6 months and you're asking us this?

Dude, the answer is simple. You need to eat more, period.

No, no, no..I will be implementing this plan when I return to college in the spring semester..I haven't been following this over the past 6 months..The quesiton was when I incoprorate that projected plan , will I be eating too much? Sorry if I didnt make that clear.. thanks though for your advice (non sarcasm)

smackt
12-09-2006, 07:52 PM
so is my daily scheudle that I lsited above for meals good or not?

boyscouT
12-09-2006, 10:54 PM
so is my daily scheudle that I lsited above for meals good or not?
Read the guidelines I posted again.