PDA

View Full Version : Blender Drinks

Rick602
02-11-2003, 02:08 PM
I'm looking for a drink that I can make in my blender with ice that tastes good and would include some supplements. I'm looking to have a drink before my workout and maybe after. I weight 230 and I'm 5'11. I work out, free weight, some machines, and cardio three times a week with my schedule permitting. I posted in here earlier about my shoulder, and appreciate the responses I got back. In fact I have implemented some of those ideas.

My intent is to bring an additional aspect to my workout that I've never tried before, and that would be supplements. I know there is a supplement area on another board, so let me know if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I'm fairly consistent, but for the last few years I just have been going at my workouts with only exercise in mind, with no real focus. I really need to trim a few pounds off, but I don't want that to be the main goal here just yet.

I want to bring my strength back to where I feel comfortable, and then I will work on getting my body fat down.

Thanks

TwoWalks
02-11-2003, 06:39 PM
Rick, here is my number one Post workout drink. Hope you get many more on here.

This is a standard post-workout drink or night-time meal.

As good as any ice cream milk shake and a lot better for you. This is the full-boat high-calorie recipe so adjust accordingly. It's 825 calories and breaks down to 33% protein (with Opti 100% Whey - Natural) 34% carbs and 33% fat. It's makes a whole blender full and a workout in itself to drink it all down.

Banana Split Milkshake

1 cup 1% milk.
2 scoops of protein
1 oz peanuts
40 g chocolate powder
1 banana
30 grams ground flax seed
A bunch of ice.
Blend until smooth

Everybody loves ice cream, right?
Here's a great substitute for that ice cream craving. make batch and then freeze using like ice cream

Anomeley
02-11-2003, 06:42 PM
You and I are about the same size but I am still trying to gain..at 5'10 and 225 I have a frame that can easily handle 250 so I drink a gainer...you may want something with less calories. I also train more for strength and power than physique..I think the physique is a bi-product anyway. What would you rather be, 200 and shredded "eaking" out a rep or two of 315 or 250 and solid pushing 405 and more for reps? I will take the latter...if that is the case for you too then try Prolab N-Large 2 or TKE Monster Food which is what I prefer. 74 grams of protein and almost 1300 calories. Mix in 6 cubes of ice and a half dozen egg whites for another 26 grams of protein. Eat a clean diet, take a good multi or something similar (Animal Pak by Universal for instance) and some Creatine.

PS: Before I get slammed for throwing up Animal Pak as a good example for a multi it is true their Stak and M-Stak are alot of hype and if you are into PH's then there are better alternatives (for the time being) however Animal Stak is a quality product. Just a lot of horse pills to swallow and most don't like that. Remember...sups are to make up for a lacking diet....nothing replaces quaility food and lots of it! Good luck.

phikappa
02-12-2003, 11:32 AM
You might want to check the Body for Life website. I haven't been there in a while, but I believe they have plenty of recipes. Also, you might want to invest in a shaker bottle. I've got two and I love 'em. They have measuring lines and a big mouth to accomodate any size scoop. Plop in some crushed ice and you're good to go. Anyway, good luck!

Macattack
02-12-2003, 02:40 PM
A little liquid smoke and it reminds me of Hamburgers i used to eat:)

Roxie
02-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Macattack
A little liquid smoke and it reminds me of Hamburgers i used to eat:) Liquid smoke in the shake??!! :eek: Blah!!

Roxie
02-12-2003, 02:48 PM
I love this one.

8 oz soy milk (skim milk or the like, I use soy because I can't drink milk)
1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
1 banana
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup regular oats
splash of vanilla extract
Splenda if needed

Blend away...tast yummy!!

newlifter87
02-12-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Rick602
I'm looking for a drink that I can make in my blender with ice that tastes good and would include some supplements. I'm looking to have a drink before my workout and maybe after. I weight 230 and I'm 5'11. I work out, free weight, some machines, and cardio three times a week with my schedule permitting. I posted in here earlier about my shoulder, and appreciate the responses I got back. In fact I have implemented some of those ideas.

My intent is to bring an additional aspect to my workout that I've never tried before, and that would be supplements. I know there is a supplement area on another board, so let me know if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I'm fairly consistent, but for the last few years I just have been going at my workouts with only exercise in mind, with no real focus. I really need to trim a few pounds off, but I don't want that to be the main goal here just yet.

I want to bring my strength back to where I feel comfortable, and then I will work on getting my body fat down.

Thanks

post workout youd want like water/ice/2 scoops vanilla whey/2-3 scoops of oragen gatorade powder. thats what i do its so tasty its like an orange julious

Rick602
02-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Hey this is all looking good. Any ideas on a pre workout drink?

OFF
02-13-2003, 07:27 AM
Go to the freezer section of a store and get some bags of frozen fruit.

Start with some plain (not vanillia) yogurt or soft tofu. Then try some combinations like

frozen berries and maybe grapes with some fruit juice
or
frozen strawberries and non-frozen bananas with juice
or
frozen peaches and and maybe melon with orange juice

I use "Juicy Juice" brand juice, no added sugar or junk. apple or white grape juice are good to use. If its too thick add more juice, or too thin add Ice.

Then while it is blending add some vanillia protein powder. Doing this while its blending will keep the powder from sticking to the sides of the blender.

If you want, this is also a great time to add some liquid amino's and/or creatine.

These are awsome post workout shakes. I like to workout in the morning on an empty stomach so I don't have any preworkout ideas.