PDA

View Full Version : The Gods Must Be Crazy

Whingman
11-27-2006, 07:36 PM
You know often times we get stuck thinking the big issue is the question of wether or not there is a God. But ultimately the question by itself has little bearing on our lives and lifestyle. I am an Athiest-Agnostic. But if I met a theist who said, I believe in a God who got the ball rolling and nothing else. The debate really wouldn't be all that substantial, sure I might disagree but all the debate is composed of is pure philosophy. God until proven none or none until proven God. Ultimately even the thiest who believes in a God who got the ball rolling will admit that, the God he believes in has no impact on modern life or lifestyle.

What changes the debate and brings passion to the debate is, When Gods inspire holy books, then write about who they are, what they did, when the did it, and what we need to do. The Gods must be Crazy.

Take Monotheism for example. We have all these records of different Gods, Families of Gods, Groups of Gods, and suddenly we have a number of Gods saying they are the only God, follow them. It can get even more complicated when one God has multiple varieties of followers, who all believe they are following the will of that one God. The Muslims, Jews, and Christians all believe they have the same God, they all think the others are mislead. Muslims may go as far as accusing Christianity of being polytheistic. Christians call this the trinity, but not even all Christians believe in the trinity. If you ask a Christain to say why he is right, they will point to the bible and say thats why. Ask a muslim or a Jew the same Questions, and you get the same answer just different book.

But somewhere along the line it is imperative for me to pick, they have the same God, different beliefs, but the same answer as to why I should believe their version of God. But according to their belief I must pick them, or face eternity in hell.

I am going to zero in on Christinaity for a bit, because it is the one I and most others are familiar with. In Christianity we have the bible as the word of God. Unfortunately, it has been translated many times, the original documents don't exist, evidence seems to indicate the addition of biblical stories, the translation of words is hotly contested was jesus born of a young girl, or one who had never had sex? And ultimately most events described have not been prooven especially not to the extent claimed by the bible.

Yes The Gods Must Be Crazy Gods. Ultimately they claim to have made us. So they should know us. I don't ask my dog to drive me to work, I didn't make him, but I know him well enough to know what he can and cannot be expected to do.

Likewise God imparts humanity with a mind capable of thought, of logic, and of reason. Yet in the end we have a convuluted mess of God Bull**** though out the world. So many different religions now and in the past, so many different Gods, and each of them require belief, require faith. This faith generally speaking requires us to ignore the evidence. Now if this evidence is wrong, then we are left with a God, who created a mind, that could be so easily mislead and created a world that could so easily mislead people. Yet God still requires Faith in the face of a population he created susceptible more susceptible to being mislead then to being correct.

Infact if you are reading this, pure probability indicates you believe the wrong God, the Wrong Version. As crazy as you think I am, there is someone else out there who also thinks you are just as crazy. When it comes to your required belief of God there is not a majority on your side over the world. Even with the big religions about 70% of the world thinks you are a crazy fool utterly mislead and destined for an afterlife in the underworld. Pure Probability says you have the wrong God.

You have to start asking, about a God, who at best can inspire only a minority of his creation to follow him. Chances are a majority of the people who reply to my post, will call me crazy, but in the same sense, while this majority is doing so. They appear crazy to everyone else. Believe allah, Yahweh, Buddha, Ra, Santa Clause. It doens't matter, because as wrong as you think I am, there is someone else out there who also thinks you are just as wrong, just as crazy.

Ultimately, it is my opinion, barring rare cases, that it is not the people who are crazy but the Gods. The Gods must have been the inspiration for that ****y backstreet boys song, because The God's or God have created such a myst of bull****, that they don't seem to want us to know who they are, where they are from, what they do, what they did, what they want, what they don't want, as long as we love them. Unfortunately it is hard as hell to love someone if you can never be sure who they are, how can you love someone follow someone if they are so incompetent they cannot identifiy themselves as the only one to follow. Yes, The gods must be crazy.

nail3r
11-27-2006, 07:42 PM
Repped :)

IceDragon
11-28-2006, 03:20 PM
The gods aren't crazy at all, just wonderfully complicated. Plus they just like confusing us, it amuses them. ;)

Vante
11-28-2006, 09:51 PM
God forgot to take his medication... ;)

StrongInChrist
11-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Who is healthy in the United States? The fit people insist they are healthy because they are mobile and flexible. They have stronger bodies and thus must live longer. The fat people would argue that they are better fed and though they may have high blood pressure they arent the only ones dying in there 40s and 50s. Bodybuilders. Of course these are all foolish arguments and both are flawed in some way. Of course I can only conlude that no one person in the United States can achieve a level of health based on the fact that the country is deeply divided over the issue. There is no such thing as health. And if there were HEALTH WOULD BE INSANE;)

But who cares because I have huge guns and can bench 350:cool:

Oh yeah, and who cares if God is crazy cause I believe in Him and I am happy:D

Whingman
11-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Who is healthy in the United States? The fit people insist they are healthy because they are mobile and flexible. They have stronger bodies and thus must live longer. The fat people would argue that they are better fed and though they may have high blood pressure they arent the only ones dying in there 40s and 50s. Bodybuilders. Of course these are all foolish arguments and both are flawed in some way. Of course I can only conlude that no one person in the United States can achieve a level of health based on the fact that the country is deeply divided over the issue. There is no such thing as health. And if there were HEALTH WOULD BE INSANE;)

But who cares because I have huge guns and can bench 350:cool:

Oh yeah, and who cares if God is crazy cause I believe in Him and I am happy:D

The Health and God comparison is great, I love it, so lets run with it. We can infact measure aspects of Heath we can check your blood pressure, we can check your heart rate, we can check your cholesterol, your cardiovascular endurance, your Nutrition, Bodyweight, Body Fat percentage, We can detect, identify, and in some cases cure diseases.

On the otherhand what can you measure about God,

You said you believe in Him, indicating...you believe there is only one, and that it is a male figure. Can you empirically proove this?

On the otherhand, If "Health" told you that being obese can be a health risk that is strongly related to the onset of a number of heart realted issues etc... that could ultimately lead to a shorter life. It can be proven, so "health" so to speak is not being crazy, it is providing you with facts that generally can be proven.

StrongInChrist
11-28-2006, 11:40 PM
The Health and God comparison is great, I love it, so lets run with it. We can infact measure aspects of Heath we can check your blood pressure, we can check your heart rate, we can check your cholesterol, your cardiovascular endurance, your Nutrition, Bodyweight, Body Fat percentage, We can detect, identify, and in some cases cure diseases.

On the otherhand what can you measure about God,

You said you believe in Him, indicating...you believe there is only one, and that it is a male figure. Can you empirically proove this?

On the otherhand, If "Health" told you that being obese can be a health risk that is strongly related to the onset of a number of heart realted issues etc... that could ultimately lead to a shorter life. It can be proven, so "health" so to speak is not being crazy, it is providing you with facts that generally can be proven.

Well since you asked ME what proof I HAVE I will simply tell you its because He told me. As a matter of fact in prayer just a few minutes ago we conversed again. I havent spoken with God much but Ill go so far as to say He has in the past given me specific prohpecies that turned out just the way He said. But as I already stated YOU ASKED ME so dont say it is not proof for you because I am saying this is the proof for me. As well as the many prohpecies that the Bible contains and how accurate they are but thats a whole other thread;)

Ive already shared healings and things that cannot be coincidence and the best you or anyone else can say about those things is "you are lying". And since I have not the time to waste on such conversation I will not elaborate.

PS If you care to call me CRAZY just remember there is a vast majority of other people in the world THAT THINK YOU ARE CRAZY:D

Whingman
11-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Well since you asked ME what proof I HAVE I will simply tell you its because He told me. As a matter of fact in prayer just a few minutes ago we conversed again. I havent spoken with God much but Ill go so far as to say He has in the past given me specific prohpecies that turned out just the way He said. But as I already stated YOU ASKED ME so dont say it is not proof for you because I am saying this is the proof for me. As well as the many prohpecies that the Bible contains and how accurate they are but thats a whole other thread;)

Ive already shared healings and things that cannot be coincidence and the best you or anyone else can say about those things is "you are lying". And since I have not the time to waste on such conversation I will not elaborate.

PS If you care to call me CRAZY just remember there is a vast majority of other people in the world THAT THINK YOU ARE CRAZY:D

I don't intend to call you crazy, only to point out that I asked for empircal evidence.

Vante
11-28-2006, 11:58 PM

U R crazy... but then Iam crazy too.. Everyones crazy...

So what exactly is 'crazy' ? :D

IceDragon
11-29-2006, 02:58 AM
U R crazy... but then Iam crazy too.. Everyones crazy...

So what exactly is 'crazy' ? :D
Easier to define what's "normal". ;)

StrongInChrist
11-29-2006, 03:10 AM
Easier to define what's "normal". ;)

It would seem impossible to define what is normal without the standard definition of insanity with which it can be judged. Or is it true that neither insanity nor normality can be defined because without one or the other a definition would be impossible to measure? What is insanity? What is rational common sense? What is normal? Who draws the lines? This definer of sanity could very well be on the verge of scycosis himself:eek: What if the man that originally deemed insanity as insane was insane himself thus making the very logical actually illogical and vice versa? IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE ANYMORE!! HAS THE WORLD GONE MADDD!!!!!111!1!

I must conclude that sanity does not exist because it cannot be measured:confused:

Whingman
12-02-2006, 11:19 PM
It would seem impossible to define what is normal without the standard definition of insanity with which it can be judged. Or is it true that neither insanity nor normality can be defined because without one or the other a definition would be impossible to measure? What is insanity? What is rational common sense? What is normal? Who draws the lines? This definer of sanity could very well be on the verge of scycosis himself:eek: What if the man that originally deemed insanity as insane was insane himself thus making the very logical actually illogical and vice versa? IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE ANYMORE!! HAS THE WORLD GONE MADDD!!!!!111!1!

I must conclude that sanity does not exist because it cannot be measured:confused:

Well in the end we are still looking at the issue of health, Mental Health. And I can again tell you that the definition and existence of Alzheimer's disease has a fair amount of empircal evidence backing it, I think it is highly erronous to suggest it cannot be prooven and there is very little debate over the charachteristics of Alzheimer's disease.

Jeremy1
12-02-2006, 11:23 PM
I think I liked the first one better than the second one. They were both pretty funny though. :D