PDA

View Full Version : what about liver and heart beef ???

prometeo
11-24-2006, 01:02 AM
i love liver and heart beef... (and they're really cheap for bulkin)
i know some ppl will hate me for this, but i think liver has an enourmous amount of vitamins from b complex...
anyone has some info on this, or do you guys reccomend it ???
other that the one fitday gives...
Thanks!!!

in10city
11-24-2006, 01:24 AM
i love liver and heart beef... (and they're really cheap for bulkin)
i know some ppl will hate me for this, but i think liver has an enourmous amount of vitamins from b complex...
anyone has some info on this, or do you guys reccomend it ???
other that the one fitday gives...
Thanks!!!
The only thing I'd be concerned about is iron overload.

Beef Liver (http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20tw.html)
Beef Heart (http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20ts.html)

rock_ten
11-24-2006, 03:09 AM
ox heart is my main/only meat source at the moment. 1/kilo, awesome.

Oddball8945
11-24-2006, 04:49 AM
wow , the nutritional profile is pretty good only 127 calories for 4oz raw! Lots of vitamins/minerals the only thing most people would be concerned about is the Saturated fat in it ,but i wouldnt worry about it if your diet is in check.

I think i may start buying beef Heart, i need some more fat in my diet anyway.

in10city
11-24-2006, 05:29 AM
wow , the nutritional profile is pretty good only 127 calories for 4oz raw! Lots of vitamins/minerals the only thing most people would be concerned about is the Saturated fat in it ,but i wouldnt worry about it if your diet is in check.

I think i may start buying beef Heart, i need some more fat in my diet anyway.
It's definitely a nutritional powerhouse. One just needs to disassociate from the mental conception of what it is. Preparation is the key to this.

garlichead
11-24-2006, 06:46 AM
It's definitely a nutritional powerhouse. One just needs to disassociate from the mental conception of what it is. Preparation is the key to this.

North Americans are not very familiar with organ meats (offal) it's more of a european thing. I always eat liver and heart on occation.

Maestro
11-24-2006, 08:03 AM
i'd stay away from the organ meats altogether.

its like eating ham lunch meat insead of a chicken breast

prometeo
11-24-2006, 04:27 PM
they actually taste pretty well... i love them...
throw some sliced onions on a pan with pam spray half fy them and throw the liver when the liver is done, the onions will not taste like onions, get some lemons and a fork, enjoy !!! it's called higado encebollado in mexico...
some like onioned liver LOL... :S...
as for the heart i just fry it on a pan agin with pan spary, and eat it with some lemon... if you could get ahold of some corn tortillas both of them tastes awesome in them...
Buen provecho...