PDA

View Full Version : Ok Contest Diet Starts this weekend.

WarriorPoet
02-10-2003, 08:26 AM
My last chance for decadence in the food department (I'll have to make up for it in other ways better warn the wife).

I will be starting off with 10 to 12 weeks of keto and then going to a regular precontest till I'm ripped to the bone. :D

WarriorPoet
02-10-2003, 08:30 AM
Diet Protein Carbs Fat Calories

6am Protein shake 25 0 0 100
Eggs X 4 24 0 20 276

9am Eggs X 4 24 0 20 276
Flax 0 0 3 27

12pm chicken 6 oz breast 50 0 5.5 249.5
Flax seed oil X 3 0 0 3 27
Brocolli 1 spear 4 8 1 57

3pm chicken 6oz breast 50 0 5.5 249.5

4-6 pm Post workout shake on training days

7pm Hamburg lean 100 grams 25 0 17 253
Brocolli 1 spear 4 8 1 57
Flax seed oil X 3 0 0 3 27
Cottage Cheese 1 cup 28 6 10 226

9pm Cottage Cheese 2 cups 56 12 20 452
7 grams l-glutamine 7 0 0 28
5 grams bcaa's 5 0 0 20

giantfan43
02-10-2003, 09:40 AM
Warrior - Good luck with the diet and contest prep .. we'll be pulling for you .. good luck with the wife too (LOL)!!!!

WarriorPoet
02-10-2003, 10:05 AM
lol I think the wife is on board lol It's a tuff job but somebody has to do it. :D

kendo
02-10-2003, 01:27 PM
Good luck mate. Looks like the diet is very rigid right from the start. Seems very low in carbs from the veggy sources if you feel light headed it might be the cause. The cottage cheese will contain carbs in the lactose it contains. Lookin forward to seeing you progress. Have you gone keto before? What's your bodywight b/f % starting at and what targets have you set?

Hope it's not last time for decadence with the wife in other department's either!

TwoWalks
02-10-2003, 06:55 PM
Warrior according to Arnold an important contest prep tool is photo taking :) we should see new pics about every two weeks or so.

Hey good planning - good results and place well my friend.

tracyb555
02-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Way to go Warrior! Your wife should appreciate all of the extra "attention"!

TrishB
02-10-2003, 07:36 PM
Best of luck Warrior!!! Can't wait to see pics of that ripped body!!

IPR
02-11-2003, 12:50 AM
Hey, good luck.

Just a couple of comments if its okay.

The 6:00am meal, maybe add some olive or flax oil to the shake to get a better fat : protein ratio.

The 3:00pm Chcken meal, again this is too low in fat.

Other than that looks great :D

bb5-0
02-11-2003, 06:47 AM
Good luck with the diet, warrior!
Maybe you could add some veggies to help intestinal transit- and don't forget to drink plenty of water

Keep us posted with your results
I'm sure you will motivate lots of us to try a keto diet too

WarriorPoet
02-11-2003, 07:03 AM
Two Walks I will take pics but you guys aint seein them till nearer to the end lol I also do videos which are even more valuable than pics.

I should try and balance the fat througout the meals ok I'll take my flax with the 6am and 3pm meals instead of with lunch and dinner.

Hey guys 6 cups of brocolli is a lot of veggies I will spread it out a little more. My next phase after the Keto is lousy with veggies.

Kendo you have to expect some light headedness at first but the body adjusts to fat being the main fuel source.

Trish I am hoping for much better pics this year, I will definitely be much better than I was last year. I made some great gains. I was also setting personal records in the gym this year.

Charger
02-11-2003, 07:38 PM
Good luck Warrior, I am sure you will do well.

gymstud2002
02-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Aw come on... post the pictures... lots of us have and survived it. This board is very supportive with an unwritten "no flaming" policy. (Can't say the same for the kids' boards!) Seriously, how many weeks total will you be dieting? Interesting twist to do keto at the outset, rather than the end. What's the rationale? Done it this way before? And oh, yeah, GOOD LUCK!

WarriorPoet
02-12-2003, 08:28 AM
Well as you know keto will put me in fat burn mode well I am banking that during the transition to regular precontest where the fat intake is much lower and carb intake still fairly low the body will be forced to use fat stores for fuel having no other alternative. I will really increase the protein intake during the transition to be sure.

I am dieting 20 weeks so there is enogh time if things don't go just to plan. My regular precontest will be used for the last 8 to 10 weeks as that is the diet I trust to get me ready. (another reason for my choice in the order).

Oh one more reaon, I feel CKD diets are good fat burning diets however I don't feel they are as muscle sparing as regular precontest diets. I will use the CKD when my body fat is very high and next to no risk of losing muscle mass. When I get lower I will convert and the regular precontest will be used.

iluvlifting2001
02-12-2003, 10:06 AM
Good Luck bro!

WarriorPoet
02-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Thanks

Hey what do you guys think of a refeed day every 5 days one day a week seems too few and far between every 5 days sounds good to me.

iluvlifting2001
02-12-2003, 11:47 AM
Might be ok now but when it close to contest time. No day is a good day. :-)

Kelly
02-12-2003, 02:09 PM
WarriorPoet is this contest in Western Pa. ?
What age group ? Good luck .
Pat

IPR
02-12-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by WarriorPoet
Thanks

Hey what do you guys think of a refeed day every 5 days one day a week seems too few and far between every 5 days sounds good to me.

I don't know about contest prep, but my understanding is that the lower your bodyfat, the more frequent the need for refeeds to boost leptin levels and maintain your metabolic rate.

Weekly refeeds at first are used by many just for convenience, so they can eat more liberally at the weekends. No scientific reason for it being every 7 days. Some people go as long as 10 days or even 2 weeks to speed up fat loss during the early stages at higher bf%.

WarriorPoet
02-13-2003, 10:06 AM
Kelly it's Musclemania Canada in Toronto.

IPR I was on the understaning that refeeds were necessary when on a CKD. A lot of people take the whole weekend to refeed and some do a half day during the week and one day on the weekend. If I can safely go the week and do 1 day on the weekend that may be preferable in my case.

When I say refeed I mean fairly high carbs low fat and lower protein I don't mean cheat day.

IPR
02-13-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by WarriorPoet
Kelly it's Musclemania Canada in Toronto.

IPR I was on the understaning that refeeds were necessary when on a CKD. A lot of people take the whole weekend to refeed and some do a half day during the week and one day on the weekend. If I can safely go the week and do 1 day on the weekend that may be preferable in my case.

When I say refeed I mean fairly high carbs low fat and lower protein I don't mean cheat day.

You're absolutely right, carb-up/refeeds are essential on CKD, and its as you describe, low fat, high carb and lower or unchanged protein. My point really was that one can adjust to suit ones individual needs.

When I was doing a 5-day split GVT routine, I timed my mid-week refeed (a very short one) to suit, basically there was no-way I was doing a leg w/o without a carb-up beforehand :)

WarriorPoet
02-14-2003, 08:10 AM
Yah that makes sense, when my body fat is higher the less essential it is for a refeed so starting out I could go as long as 2 weeks with no worries then adjust as my body fat gets lower. Thanks IPR I will start out with 2 weeks and then adjust.

Ok I'm around 20% so 14 days then about 10 then 7 untill I feel the need to drop it to around 5. How does this sound to you.

WarriorPoet
02-25-2003, 07:31 AM
Well down 12 lbs on day 10. I lose a lot of water at first so this is not so surprising. I considered what IPR said and am going to do my first refeed after 2 weeks and increase the frequency as I drop fat lower.