PDA

View Full Version : What The Hell Is Going On????????

ECLIPTIC
01-17-2002, 02:37 PM
I started working out b/c i was gaining to much weight. I was always 190 to 195 average. Well I went up to 211. I use to work out but I had a car accident 1.5 years ago and stopped working out b/c of the injuries sustained and then got lazy. I joined the gym again b/c I am fully recovered and bit over weight. I started eating right, alot of protein some carbs very low on any fats. Cardio everyday about 20min, then weights(low weight,high repetition) I noticed my weight started going down it went down to 205 which I was very happy about. So I continue what I'm doing b/c "hey...I'm on the right track." Well I guess I derailed somewhere b/c I checked my weight today at the gym and I'm 209 NOW!!!!! WHAT HAPPENED???????????I'm eating right without a doubt and exercising regularly it should equal weight loss...no?

drew
01-17-2002, 02:43 PM
I weigh a little less than you, and my weight can fluctuate at least 3 lbs throughout the day.....so don't worry about it. Also, ifyou just started training, then you may be adding muscles which will up your weight.....

Also, might want to switch to low rep, high weights at sometime. Its pretty intense so work your way up but it will add mass. I can't keep weight on me! It used to be the other way around.

ECLIPTIC
01-17-2002, 02:48 PM
Hey Drew,
Thanks for the quick response. I'm doing low weight high rep b/c I wanna gain some strength. The accident took alot out of me....believe me when I tell you I'm weak as oppose what I use to be. I will eventually do heavy with low rep.
Thanks again

GoodForHisAge
01-18-2002, 04:28 PM
Right response Drew...

Eclipse:
You packed on muscle, thats what happened...Do you see more fat than you saw before training? I bet you no....even less....

About the reps...
Do high reps/low weight to pack on strength, and endurance...
You can build mass later...Strength is what you need right after accident...

Peace
Lose weight soon...

drew
01-18-2002, 05:15 PM
What rep ranger do powerlifters (strictly STRENGTH gains) use? 4-6 and sometimes 3 max.

Heavy weights/low reps builds strength.....it may not be the best for size or endurance, but strength you will get.

GoodForHisAge
01-18-2002, 05:22 PM
It is good for endurance...

ECLIPTIC
01-19-2002, 12:09 AM
Thanks Alot guys... I got worried for a minute. It was a bit discouraging at first. The dieting, the hard work and finally you see some results and then a week later you gain when you didn;t want too. I'm learning more about this great sport everyday by reading this forum and its very helpful. Thanks for the advise.