PDA

View Full Version : 6 pack/8 pack?

sto0le
02-09-2003, 10:46 PM
i was leaning more toward this section of the forum over the teen bb portion only because im looking for a more knowledgable answer rather than an inquisitive one, i am not over 35, but please just hear my question.

why do some people have six pack abs and others eight?, im not talking about fat (like how some people have 'four' packs due to fat covering the rest, im talking about the actual muscle), what is it that makes some people have two more muscles than others?, is it genetic? can it be trained?, or does the body just throw in another pair of muscles to help the body bend at larger body lengths?

thx for your time :)

MiloMan
02-10-2003, 01:40 AM
This is a good illustration:

http://summit.stanford.edu/ourwork/PROJECTS/LUCY/lucywebsite/img/CA-461.jpg

Everybody is just about the same. It all depends how much fat you have covering this large muscle (it runs from the ribcage to the pelvis/pubic bone). That's what determines if you see a 0, 2, 4, 6, or 8-pack.

Definition/cut = low bodyfat.

Eye2_Man
02-10-2003, 05:01 AM
Check out this guy

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?postid=842956

gymstud2002
02-10-2003, 07:03 AM
Genetics have a lot to do with ab appearance. While everyone's musculature is bascially similar, there's a huge individual difference in muscle shape and size, whether trained or untrained. You'll even see some competitors in great condition showing very little ab development, despite their diet and training. Welcome to the 35+ board... we may not know it all, but at this point we've tried it all!

sto0le
02-10-2003, 09:49 AM
thanks for the input guys!

MiloMan: i see the illustration has an 'eight' pack, but when i flex i run my finger down it and i only seem to have 3 pairs of 2 muscles...i cant find the last two, so i must not be an eighter :P

Eye2_Man: EW! that looks like a buff beer belly! nasty!!

gymstud2002 "Welcome to the 35+ board... we may not know it all, but at this point we've tried it all!" heh thanks, that was my idea behind posting here and not on the teen bb :)

MiloMan
02-10-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by sto0le
MiloMan: i see the illustration has an 'eight' pack, but when i flex i run my finger down it and i only seem to have 3 pairs of 2 muscles...i cant find the last two, so i must not be an eighter :P

Everyone has 8.

tracyb555
02-10-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by MiloMan
Everyone has 8.

Darn, just when I think I've got 33% of 'em showing, I find out that I only have 25% showing. I prefer my theory - that most people only have 2 unless they are freaks of nature - LOL!!! :)